Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Recent QPR progress halted by eighth straight away loss — report 21:45 - Nov 23 with 1235 viewsNorthernr

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/36943
Recent QPR progress halted by eighth straight away loss — report on 22:59 - Nov 23 with 1155 viewsbosh67

Let's hope they can keep a bit of confidence and get back on track next week.

We have been playing better but the bottom line is that Harry's record here, particularly in this division is disastrous. On the up side we are on double the points we were on last time around under Hughes. On the downside I think Harry's teams at this level have got about 34 points from about 40 games.

He came in and we went down on an embarrassingly low amount of points. In the Championship we petered out and then raised it somewhat in the playoffs and scraped up. This season we have probably got as good a set of players as we have had for some time and it still isn't happening.

Just hope we win next week and we can push on. Although it may not because apparently Remy has left.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Recent QPR progress halted by eighth straight away loss — report on 01:58 - Nov 24 with 1074 viewsJAPRANGERS

Superb report there Clive. Thanks!

Almost December, we have only a meager 8 points and are cast adrift at the bottom. Can we hope for better times or is this it??

FFP and Rio to look forward to too.........
[Post edited 24 Nov 2014 4:44]
Recent QPR progress halted by eighth straight away loss — report on 08:30 - Nov 24 with 960 viewsLoft1979

Recent QPR progress halted by eighth straight away loss — report on 01:58 - Nov 24 by JAPRANGERS

Almost December, we have only a meager 8 points and are cast adrift at the bottom. Can we hope for better times or is this it??

Superb!
Recent QPR progress halted by eighth straight away loss — report on 09:24 - Nov 24 with 930 viewsbosh67

Recent QPR progress halted by eighth straight away loss — report on 01:58 - Nov 24 by JAPRANGERS

We do have twice as many points as we did last time at this stage at this level.

That's like being top of the league by comparison.

I am scrapping around here. Go with it :)

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Recent QPR progress halted by eighth straight away loss — report on 10:35 - Nov 24 with 870 viewsdaveB

I'd agree with Clive that everyone possibly bar Green performed worse than they did in the last game but overall it was a similar performance to Chelsea. We were tough to break down, defended deep and looked to grow into the game.

When it got to the last 20 minutes I'd have liked to have seen us stick on Hoilett or Phillips and try and get a few crosses into the box but at that stage Newcastle only looked like scoring on the break so can see why we didn't want to push too many forward.

I'm not too downhearted but do think similar to the Southampton game it was an opportunity missed to pick up a point.
Recent QPR progress halted by eighth straight away loss — report on 11:09 - Nov 24 with 838 viewsDiscodroids

the subtle nuances and myriad of similarities to the spurs, man utd, burton albion, southampton, west ham and chelsea games are indeed startling , in that we ended up with fu ck all points from any of them.

it very well may be that kudos is due for the ability to cross the halfway line 10 times a game and for rob green to find a team member from his anders brevik scatter gun approach to distribution, and bobby zamora doing the 'sioux war dance ' everytime we win a corner, but looking at the league table in my sun newspaper this morning, im fkd if i can see it.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2014 11:24]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Recent QPR progress halted by eighth straight away loss — report on 15:11 - Nov 24 with 662 viewsCiderwithRsie

Recent QPR progress halted by eighth straight away loss — report on 10:35 - Nov 24 by daveB

I'd agree with Clive that everyone possibly bar Green performed worse than they did in the last game but overall it was a similar performance to Chelsea. We were tough to break down, defended deep and looked to grow into the game.

When it got to the last 20 minutes I'd have liked to have seen us stick on Hoilett or Phillips and try and get a few crosses into the box but at that stage Newcastle only looked like scoring on the break so can see why we didn't want to push too many forward.

I'm not too downhearted but do think similar to the Southampton game it was an opportunity missed to pick up a point.

"We were tough to break down, defended deep and looked to grow into the game."

That's a reasonable approach to take against the team top of the table that no-one else has come near to beating this season. But if we really have made the progress we all tried to discern in the previous few games, it's not enough against Newcastle. All due respect and all that, but we have to get points away from home somewhere. It's not guaranteed against the bottom teams who will rightly regard the match as a six pointer and throw the kitchen sink at it.

Losing at Newcastle is no disgrace. Playing for nil-nil is not far off IMO.
Recent QPR progress halted by eighth straight away loss — report on 15:42 - Nov 24 with 643 viewsdaveB

Recent QPR progress halted by eighth straight away loss — report on 15:11 - Nov 24 by CiderwithRsie

"We were tough to break down, defended deep and looked to grow into the game."

That's a reasonable approach to take against the team top of the table that no-one else has come near to beating this season. But if we really have made the progress we all tried to discern in the previous few games, it's not enough against Newcastle. All due respect and all that, but we have to get points away from home somewhere. It's not guaranteed against the bottom teams who will rightly regard the match as a six pointer and throw the kitchen sink at it.

Losing at Newcastle is no disgrace. Playing for nil-nil is not far off IMO.

I don't think we played for a 0-0, we played to keep it tight early on and then try and nick a goal as the game wore on. When we got on top with about 20 mins left we should have made one last push but seemed to bottle it a bit which for me cost us the game. I think the fear of getting done on the break played a big part as thats where Newcastle were dangerous.

I'd agree it was a good chance to get points on Saturday and we didn't do it, I just thought performance wise it wasn't the worst I've seen and the main positive from the weekend is that we are now making ourselves harder to beat but that probably won't be enough if we don't pick up points soon
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024