Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bees groundsharing with us ? 12:05 - Nov 24 with 3445 viewsW5R

They might need somewhere to play next season and well...

Could be they come begging.

Mind you, could be they're in our League and us in theirs.
Bees groundsharing with us ? on 12:08 - Nov 24 with 2445 viewsswitchingcode

That definately won't happen,the ground bit not the other bit
Bees groundsharing with us ? on 12:17 - Nov 24 with 2393 viewsTheBlob

I'll have that Andre Gray off them as part of the rent.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Bees groundsharing with us ? on 12:21 - Nov 24 with 2370 viewsbosh67

Oh bee hive!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Bees groundsharing with us ? on 12:31 - Nov 24 with 2320 viewsJuzzie

Lionel Road due to open in 2016 so maybe they could be given special dispensation to play at least one season in the PL at Griffin Park should they get promoted. Likely promotion may speed things up to ensure that happens! Staying in the PL would be another matter though.

Fulham played at LR while in the PL and us lower down so we're used to that!
Bees groundsharing with us ? on 12:34 - Nov 24 with 2299 viewsW5R

Bees groundsharing with us ? on 12:31 - Nov 24 by Juzzie

Lionel Road due to open in 2016 so maybe they could be given special dispensation to play at least one season in the PL at Griffin Park should they get promoted. Likely promotion may speed things up to ensure that happens! Staying in the PL would be another matter though.

Fulham played at LR while in the PL and us lower down so we're used to that!

Fulham we coped with.

Bees fans have the combined IQ of a 17 year old from Q Block
Bees groundsharing with us ? on 12:51 - Nov 24 with 2250 viewsJuzzie

Bees groundsharing with us ? on 12:34 - Nov 24 by W5R

Fulham we coped with.

I now live in an area (TW2) where I see more Brentford fans than Chelsea and for that I'm glad.

They're OK. Just normal folk like you and I. Every club has it's motley crew of spotty oiks, us too.

I've never had a problem with Brentford, having lived further away I guess, yet I do find their venomous hatred of us over something that didn't happen 50 years ago odd. Still, I guess it gives them a reason to have to hate someone.

[Post edited 24 Nov 2014 12:55]
Bees groundsharing with us ? on 12:52 - Nov 24 with 2249 viewsswitchingcode

Lionel Road will be ready 2017 at the earliest.Most bees fans would rather stay in championship so there would be another local derby with QPR.
Bees groundsharing with us ? on 15:38 - Nov 24 with 2029 viewswhittocksRs

Bees groundsharing with us ? on 12:51 - Nov 24 by Juzzie

I now live in an area (TW2) where I see more Brentford fans than Chelsea and for that I'm glad.

They're OK. Just normal folk like you and I. Every club has it's motley crew of spotty oiks, us too.

I've never had a problem with Brentford, having lived further away I guess, yet I do find their venomous hatred of us over something that didn't happen 50 years ago odd. Still, I guess it gives them a reason to have to hate someone.

[Post edited 24 Nov 2014 12:55]

I'm also in TW2 and I've got to say I've never even seen a Brentford fan (did only move recently though). The first Chelsea fan I started speaking to in the local boozer seemed okay for ten minutes and then said I should tell my folks to emigrate before the Somalis steal their house.
Login to get fewer ads

Bees groundsharing with us ? on 16:34 - Nov 24 with 1940 viewsLowerloftLad

Fulham okay not to bothered about

Brentford over my dead body horrible little club full of mouthy 12 year olds who hate us yet we lasted played them when they were 2 years old even there new ground will be less and LR too
[Post edited 24 Nov 2014 16:37]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Bees groundsharing with us ? on 17:14 - Nov 24 with 1858 viewsLblock

Did they get two FA charges for the two pitch invasions during the game last Friday?

Did they get a further one for the Fulham fans jumping out of the away end and "invading" Braemar Road?

Nah... I doubt it.

I did also hear there were one or two punch up's post match - nothing major just some sporadic incidents around the ground.

But then it's two quaint old little teams from Middlesex not worthy of a sledgehammer to crack a nut approach.

(Yes I have a victimisation complex)

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Bees groundsharing with us ? on 20:44 - Nov 24 with 1683 viewszicoshoops

They won't be going anywhere for years yet.
The 'Developer's' always name a Company where they get the funds from, just to stop anyone else's interest.
Whether the named Company are aware of that or not, is another story.
This is Football.
Never need to dig very deep to discover how things really are.
In 2019-20, they will still be playing where they are now.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2014 20:48]
Bees groundsharing with us ? on 21:47 - Nov 24 with 1583 viewsW5R

Bees groundsharing with us ? on 20:44 - Nov 24 by zicoshoops

The 'Developer's' always name a Company where they get the funds from, just to stop anyone else's interest.
This is Football.

They have to tell the FA by December where they will be playing next season (if they go up)

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11748/9577818/sky-bet-championship-brent
Bees groundsharing with us ? on 22:32 - Nov 24 with 1513 viewszicoshoops

Bees groundsharing with us ? on 21:47 - Nov 24 by W5R

They have to tell the FA by December where they will be playing next season (if they go up)

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11748/9577818/sky-bet-championship-brent

I hear what you're saying, related to them gaining promotion.
But their proposed permanent ground move is years away........if not longer.
Stevie Wonder could see through their proposals.
Bees groundsharing with us ? on 00:19 - Nov 25 with 1433 viewsLythamR

Bees groundsharing with us ? on 22:32 - Nov 24 by zicoshoops

If they need to groundshare for a bit I hope that QPR would be prepared to help them out. When we were in administration and faced with losing LR Brentford were prepared to provide us with a groundshare option and even looked into what modifications could be made to enhance corporate facilities for us
Bees groundsharing with us ? on 02:13 - Nov 25 with 1404 viewsFredManRave

Bees groundsharing with us ? on 22:32 - Nov 24 by zicoshoops

If that's the case then I think the Bees fans should be told what's going on.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Bees groundsharing with us ? on 05:12 - Nov 25 with 1384 viewsCanadaRanger

Bees groundsharing with us ? on 12:34 - Nov 24 by W5R

Fulham we coped with.

Isn't that a tad harsh on the 17 year old from Q Block? He's at least a 55...
[Post edited 25 Nov 2014 5:25]
Bees groundsharing with us ? on 08:49 - Nov 25 with 1292 viewsMrSheen

What's up with you lot? Of course we should invite them in. What good is football without spite and rivalry?
Bees groundsharing with us ? on 09:08 - Nov 25 with 1278 viewsLblock

The overriding criteria here would not be rivalry, abuse of the pitch, upsetting fans with shared livery, disruption to locals or "we don't want them here".

It'll be revenue.

End of.

And why wouldn't the club welcome additional revenue? So they should to. My only caveat to this would be pitch maintainence so that we can continue to play our slick, dazzling free flowing football

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Bees groundsharing with us ? on 09:41 - Nov 25 with 1244 viewsnadera78

Bees groundsharing with us ? on 00:19 - Nov 25 by LythamR

If they need to groundshare for a bit I hope that QPR would be prepared to help them out. When we were in administration and faced with losing LR Brentford were prepared to provide us with a groundshare option and even looked into what modifications could be made to enhance corporate facilities for us

Another way of putting that would be "Ron Noades wanted us to move there so he could milk us for as much money as he possibly could". Honestly, that man ranks alongside Palladini, Briatore and Ecclestone on the list of football shysters.
Bees groundsharing with us ? on 09:42 - Nov 25 with 1243 viewsQPunkR

Bees groundsharing with us ? on 09:08 - Nov 25 by Lblock

The overriding criteria here would not be rivalry, abuse of the pitch, upsetting fans with shared livery, disruption to locals or "we don't want them here".

It'll be revenue.

End of.

And why wouldn't the club welcome additional revenue? So they should to. My only caveat to this would be pitch maintainence so that we can continue to play our slick, dazzling free flowing football

lol

QPR - "shit but local"

Bees groundsharing with us ? on 09:53 - Nov 25 with 1233 viewsdaveB

Quite jealous of them at the moment, they have a really good young team and on the up without spending much money.
Bees groundsharing with us ? on 09:57 - Nov 25 with 1225 viewsRangersw12

Bees groundsharing with us ? on 09:53 - Nov 25 by daveB

Quite jealous of them at the moment, they have a really good young team and on the up without spending much money.

They are like we were 10-12 years ago before Paladini and his minions destroyed us
Bees groundsharing with us ? on 09:59 - Nov 25 with 1218 viewsnadera78

Bees groundsharing with us ? on 09:08 - Nov 25 by Lblock

It'll be revenue.

End of.

The deal with Fulham raised £1million a year, but half of that went to Wasps as payment for them leaving. Even back then that was a cheap deal and, as usual, we got the shitty end of it. If you think how massively the TV, sponsorship and corporate income has inflated since then and it's worth a hell of a lot to any club looking to groundshare, especially one that has precisely zero facilities at present.

Playing at Loftus Rd would give Brentford an extra 6,000 seats at £30 a head x 19 games = £3.5million.
Add in corporate facilities, of which Griffin Park has none = £1million.
Then the biggest thing - they can't play PL at Griffin Park, so that's £60million right there.

In all honesty, it's got to be worth £5million a year to them, essentially what they'd get from the additional capacity and corporates, simply because without moving they can't get their hands on £60million. And for that I'd insist on no BFC signs or badges, and no use of the club shop, they can use the small ones behind the stands on matchdays. They continue to use their own box office, but we'll provide stadium staffing which they pay for.

If they get promoted it's either Loftus Rd or Craven Cottage. Under the right T&Cs I'd rather see us get that money than Fulham.
Bees groundsharing with us ? on 10:05 - Nov 25 with 1206 viewsnadera78

Bees groundsharing with us ? on 09:53 - Nov 25 by daveB

Really? They were losing £5million p/a in League One - which is pretty much the equivalent of us losing £50million a year in the Premier League.

They do have a good team though.
Bees groundsharing with us ? on 11:08 - Nov 25 with 1161 viewsswitchingcode

Bees groundsharing with us ? on 20:44 - Nov 24 by zicoshoops

This is Football.

Brentford will start season 2017/18 playing at Lionel Road.Everything is in place and approved a year ago.Regarding debt there is none the owner is a Bees fan and is putting in reasonable funds in line with the FFP rules.Unlike Qpr who have a West Ham fan spunking away money like confetti and there is no new ground on the horizon.Brentford have a team put together for less than your average player has cost.I expect mid table this season and then push on with a nice extra derby.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024