Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Villa Park 20:04 - Nov 24 with 2374 viewsstowmarketrange

Another sell out crowd tonight at the biggest club in the midlands.
Villa Park on 20:38 - Nov 25 with 320 viewsNorthernr

Villa Park on 20:34 - Nov 25 by TGRRRSSS

Comepletely agree with what Clive was saying, personally I think in the next 2-3 seasons football will finally have some kind of correction regarding what people will pay, but because Arsenal, Spurs, Man U and 2/3 others still sell out it'll be ignored I think.

Matt Syed said in a article last week in The Tiimes that as Arsenal (his focus for the article) for instance had a massive waiting list therefore they were not overcharging and arguably may not have been paying the going rate, or in otherwords they could try and add more price and see how far they could go.
Clearly elsewhere this isnt going to work, but Media wont focus on that.
I mean then you have Custis praising 52K Newcastle fans for turning up at 3pm on Saturday afternoon to see their side play QPR on Sunday Supplement.

This was in relation to Newxastle winning nothing of note for many years and now broadly speaking an also ran who's focus is purely to stay above 18th position I guess.

One potential tipping point could be this appeal by Virgin Media against the rule forbidding televising of matches at 3pm on a Saturday. They're saying it's unfair and anti-competition to only make five or the ten games available each weekend and they should all be available for broadcasters. If they get their way and they're all on TV, maybe even staggered at 11, 1, 3, 5, 7 on Saturday then 12, 2, 4, and 6 Sunday and then 8 on Monday then apart from the big clubs there really would be little point or interest in attending any of the other games.
Villa Park on 20:43 - Nov 25 with 312 viewsTGRRRSSS

Yes that will put many people off, hopefully they wont get their way on that, it would also surely kill of lower league/non league you'd think.
Who'd watch Hayes and Yeading played Hemel Hempstead when they can be watching the pick of all sorts from their tv screen
Villa Park on 20:46 - Nov 25 with 301 viewsstowmarketrange

Villa Park on 20:43 - Nov 25 by TGRRRSSS

Yes that will put many people off, hopefully they wont get their way on that, it would also surely kill of lower league/non league you'd think.
Who'd watch Hayes and Yeading played Hemel Hempstead when they can be watching the pick of all sorts from their tv screen

I think I'd prefer to watch my local non league side than stay at home to watch Burnley v Hull at 3pm anyday of the week.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024