Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
suggestion for sats team 13:28 - Nov 25 with 2105 viewswombat

nico in for fer

yes or no ?

vergas back on the right nico on the left barton and henry in the middle

Poll: which is your favouite foot

suggestion for sats team on 21:32 - Nov 25 with 657 viewsDylanP

Green -- he has been briliant this year (with the exception of a few missed kicked clearances) and so he is the first name on the team sheet

Dunne and Caulker. As long as there is speed outside them they have looked rock solid.Onouha is a great player, but there is no way I break up this partnership.

Isla and Yun. Both seem to be coming into their own. With a bit more time they may well flourish. Isla and Vargas on the right seem like a great partnership in particular and Yun has also had some impressive displays. He seems mature beyond his years.

Henry and Barton in the middle. The fact that Barton isn't as perfect and Henry was terrible last year, doesn't matter much to me. They are the best players in the central midfield position now, so they start.

Vargas and Fer out wide. Vargas has been great and brings so much to the team. His partneship with Isla is sublime and he provides the front men with real service. I am not completely convinced by Fer. He has flashed enough to keep me hopeful ("its the hope that kills ya!") that he will start contributing more. I am not ready to give up on him yet.

Zamora and Austin up front. Not much to say there as it seems so obvious.

This line-up is solid defensively, with good defenisive cover from midfield and it effectively puts three strikers on the pitch. It is true that it lacks a true winger, but we don't really have a true winger at the club at the moment -- haven't really since Cook.It is also true that this line-up lacks the kind of creative fire that Adel gave us in our promotion season or that Hoillet and Niko sometimes provide. However, both are inconsistent and just don't provide enough to warrant a full 90 minutes.

This line-up is equivalent to the side that played Scum, Liverpool, and Citeh tough and produced quite a few goals in those games. Play the line-up against a weaker side and maybe we can produce a solid win -- 3-1 to the superhoops!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

suggestion for sats team on 08:23 - Nov 26 with 609 viewsDiscodroids

suggestion for sats team on 21:32 - Nov 25 by DylanP

Green -- he has been briliant this year (with the exception of a few missed kicked clearances) and so he is the first name on the team sheet

Dunne and Caulker. As long as there is speed outside them they have looked rock solid.Onouha is a great player, but there is no way I break up this partnership.

Isla and Yun. Both seem to be coming into their own. With a bit more time they may well flourish. Isla and Vargas on the right seem like a great partnership in particular and Yun has also had some impressive displays. He seems mature beyond his years.

Henry and Barton in the middle. The fact that Barton isn't as perfect and Henry was terrible last year, doesn't matter much to me. They are the best players in the central midfield position now, so they start.

Vargas and Fer out wide. Vargas has been great and brings so much to the team. His partneship with Isla is sublime and he provides the front men with real service. I am not completely convinced by Fer. He has flashed enough to keep me hopeful ("its the hope that kills ya!") that he will start contributing more. I am not ready to give up on him yet.

Zamora and Austin up front. Not much to say there as it seems so obvious.

This line-up is solid defensively, with good defenisive cover from midfield and it effectively puts three strikers on the pitch. It is true that it lacks a true winger, but we don't really have a true winger at the club at the moment -- haven't really since Cook.It is also true that this line-up lacks the kind of creative fire that Adel gave us in our promotion season or that Hoillet and Niko sometimes provide. However, both are inconsistent and just don't provide enough to warrant a full 90 minutes.

This line-up is equivalent to the side that played Scum, Liverpool, and Citeh tough and produced quite a few goals in those games. Play the line-up against a weaker side and maybe we can produce a solid win -- 3-1 to the superhoops!

'Dunne and Caulker. As long as there is speed outside them they have looked rock solid.Onouha is a great player, but there is no way I break up this partnership.'

im not 100% sure dylan but i believe dunne is suspended .

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

suggestion for sats team on 08:32 - Nov 26 with 606 viewsHunterhoop

suggestion for sats team on 08:23 - Nov 26 by Discodroids

'Dunne and Caulker. As long as there is speed outside them they have looked rock solid.Onouha is a great player, but there is no way I break up this partnership.'

Yep.

I'd go:

Green
Isla Onouha Caulker Yun
Vargas Barton Henry Hoilett
Austin Zamora

Hoilett is, admittedly, often toilet when starts but I feel like we need some pace against De Laet to ask qns of him. Forget about him starting ahead of Simpson, it's b*llocks; he's worse than Simpson; he's absolute pony in fact.

No too fussed if we have Traore or Phillips a go at LW instead, although the latter is well out of sorts. Expect it to be Fer there though.

If Rio starts, then it's clear Redknapp is picking on names/favourites not performances.

I considered not having Zamora and being creative, but I actually think for this sort of game, we need to be direct and attacking. Keep the ball around their box as much as possible, get the crowd going, put then under pressure.
suggestion for sats team on 08:49 - Nov 26 with 608 viewsingeminate

suggestion for sats team on 08:32 - Nov 26 by Hunterhoop

Yep.

I'd go:

Green
Isla Onouha Caulker Yun
Austin Zamora

Hoilett is, admittedly, often toilet when starts but I feel like we need some pace against De Laet to ask qns of him. Forget about him starting ahead of Simpson, it's b*llocks; he's worse than Simpson; he's absolute pony in fact.

No too fussed if we have Traore or Phillips a go at LW instead, although the latter is well out of sorts. Expect it to be Fer there though.

If Rio starts, then it's clear Redknapp is picking on names/favourites not performances.

I considered not having Zamora and being creative, but I actually think for this sort of game, we need to be direct and attacking. Keep the ball around their box as much as possible, get the crowd going, put then under pressure.

I'd generally agree, though we're heavily reliant on Vargas to make things happen down the right.

Only change might be Fer in for Barton. We're at home and a midfield of Barton/Henry screams sitting on the back foot to me whereas I feel we really need to get at them.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

suggestion for sats team on 09:11 - Nov 26 with 602 viewsstevec

suggestion for sats team on 14:34 - Nov 25 by Northernr

Green
Isla Onouha Caulker Yun
Vargas Barton Henry Fer
Austin Zamora

I'd give Fer one more go, tell him to come in field and join in with the two strikers whenever the ball is wide right with Vargas, which it should be a lot. If he can't have a decent game against fcking Ritchie De Laet then that has to be the end of him on the left wing - though until Saturday I didn't think he'd been as bad there as others.

I think that will be the team except Rio will play instead of Onuoha.

Minus Dunne and Sandro, that is about the most battling team we can put out so should start with this. No room for the airy-fairies Hoilett/Nico/Mutch.
suggestion for sats team on 09:21 - Nov 26 with 592 viewsElHoop

Fer has played 11 league games now for zero goals.

Mutch was bought to score goals from midfield and must have his chance on Saturday. We've nothing to lose by picking him and I think that it might pay off here as he'll ghost inside and find space. .
suggestion for sats team on 11:55 - Nov 26 with 548 viewsfrancisbowles

suggestion for sats team on 09:21 - Nov 26 by ElHoop

Fer has played 11 league games now for zero goals.

Mutch was bought to score goals from midfield and must have his chance on Saturday. We've nothing to lose by picking him and I think that it might pay off here as he'll ghost inside and find space. .

The problem with Hoilett on the left is that hs pace is largely irrelevant as he can't get past a defender on the outside and get a cross in with his left foot. He is only effective if he cuts inside and finds space i.e. late in the game hence I would have him as sub.

I would have Traore start in front of Yun. Has pace, can sometimes get a decent cross in and can offer the best defensive help out of all the left sided candidates.
suggestion for sats team on 12:07 - Nov 26 with 538 viewsElHoop

suggestion for sats team on 11:55 - Nov 26 by francisbowles

The problem with Hoilett on the left is that hs pace is largely irrelevant as he can't get past a defender on the outside and get a cross in with his left foot. He is only effective if he cuts inside and finds space i.e. late in the game hence I would have him as sub.

I would have Traore start in front of Yun. Has pace, can sometimes get a decent cross in and can offer the best defensive help out of all the left sided candidates.

Traore is unlikely to score though. We need to try to get goals from somebody other than Austin. Fer is a dead loss in front of goal. Traore could get the odd goal, but Mutch needs to get going now.
Login to get fewer ads

suggestion for sats team on 12:10 - Nov 26 with 533 viewsJamie

suggestion for sats team on 08:32 - Nov 26 by Hunterhoop

Yep.

I'd go:

Green
Isla Onouha Caulker Yun
Austin Zamora

It's a bit rich to say Rio would be picking a favourite, then picking Onouha, having been pants at the weekend.
suggestion for sats team on 12:44 - Nov 26 with 521 viewsdaveB

suggestion for sats team on 14:37 - Nov 25 by Antti_Heinola

No width again with that. I'd play Hoilett on the left. I'd like to see Barton and Fer in the centre, but Henry deserves his spot at the moment and i don't think Fer will do the work needed as part of a central two, so it's a tough one.
As dave says, Rio is nailed on to start at the expense of Ned.
I'd be tempted by this, if Rio HAS to start...

Green

Ned Rio Caulker

Isla Barton Fer Henry Yun

Vargas Austin

problem with that is too many players look for an excuse and have used 3 at the back as an excuse this season, I think for it to work everyone has to buy into it and the annoying thing is that team you've put up there could work and do well for us. Protects Rio, gives us strength in the middle, pace out wide and Vargas in an area he can hurt teams.

For me if Hoilett plays it needs to be on the right, he is far too easy to defend against on the left
suggestion for sats team on 12:54 - Nov 26 with 516 viewsLoft1979

suggestion for sats team on 18:37 - Nov 25 by Discodroids

not saying green isnt a good keeper, he is.

but a keeper who is as good as he's ever gonna get, he's even possibly just past his peak and on the down slope

a very good championship / lower half prem keeper, which is what we are..

mcarthy has the potential and scope to be better than that... i just feel he is the better keeper and gives opposing forwards a little bit more to worry about..

other than fer/henry , i like the rest of your side tho mate..spot on imo.

and def no bobby z, just the sight of our giant 'its a knockout 'playing 7ft joker in a qpr shirt at 73 years of age with a hip thora hird would turn down , brings me out in hives.

stair lift for bobby to millwwallllll please.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2014 19:08]

+1
Apparently Cech was offered before the season started. I am for spinning Green off to a Champ side and taking Cech for the rest of the season.
suggestion for sats team on 13:19 - Nov 26 with 495 viewsdaveB

suggestion for sats team on 12:54 - Nov 26 by Loft1979

+1
Apparently Cech was offered before the season started. I am for spinning Green off to a Champ side and taking Cech for the rest of the season.

Why go for Cech on big money when we already have two very good goalkeepers.
suggestion for sats team on 13:32 - Nov 26 with 479 viewsTacticalR

suggestion for sats team on 13:19 - Nov 26 by daveB

It's what we do.

Air hostess clique

suggestion for sats team on 14:24 - Nov 26 with 471 viewswhittocksRs

Whatever team we put out it's going to be a close-run thing. Leciester have strengthened on last season, in which they beat us twice (once very comfortably). Hopefully we have enough firepower to knock them over.
suggestion for sats team on 15:14 - Nov 26 with 461 viewsTacticalR

The big danger with Rio is if the opposition makes him a presentation before the game, because then he lets them have free shots on goal.

Air hostess clique

suggestion for sats team on 15:26 - Nov 26 with 439 viewsAntti_Heinola

suggestion for sats team on 12:10 - Nov 26 by Jamie

It's a bit rich to say Rio would be picking a favourite, then picking Onouha, having been pants at the weekend.

at right back, yes.
i imagine Austin would struggle in centre midfield too.

Bare bones.

suggestion for sats team on 15:27 - Nov 26 with 438 viewsAntti_Heinola

suggestion for sats team on 12:44 - Nov 26 by daveB

problem with that is too many players look for an excuse and have used 3 at the back as an excuse this season, I think for it to work everyone has to buy into it and the annoying thing is that team you've put up there could work and do well for us. Protects Rio, gives us strength in the middle, pace out wide and Vargas in an area he can hurt teams.

For me if Hoilett plays it needs to be on the right, he is far too easy to defend against on the left

Agree dave, that's why i said if we HAVE to play Rio, this is what I'd play. I'd rather not have Rio and problem solved!

Bare bones.

suggestion for sats team on 16:53 - Nov 26 with 414 viewsPinnerPaul

suggestion for sats team on 14:24 - Nov 26 by whittocksRs

Whatever team we put out it's going to be a close-run thing. Leciester have strengthened on last season, in which they beat us twice (once very comfortably). Hopefully we have enough firepower to knock them over.

I wonder if it was US going into this game 2 goals and 2points from last 7 games and it was THEM who had drawn with City and beaten Villa, if we would be saying its going to be a close run thing!
suggestion for sats team on 17:05 - Nov 26 with 410 viewsadhoc_qpr

I'd be stunned if Rio doesn't start, but maybe i'm being unfair on 'Arry.

Not sure the team we pick matters, it's a 'must win' game at home to a relegation rival and we all know how those turn out...
suggestion for sats team on 18:07 - Nov 26 with 393 viewsDylanP

suggestion for sats team on 08:23 - Nov 26 by Discodroids

I missed that. Gutted. Onouha is a perfectly good replacement though.

TBH I never thought Dunne would get a look in this year. Bit like Nelson a couple of years back.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

suggestion for sats team on 18:32 - Nov 26 with 388 viewsLoft1979

suggestion for sats team on 13:19 - Nov 26 by daveB

Peter Cech is better than Green?
suggestion for sats team on 18:59 - Nov 26 with 383 views1BobbyHazell

suggestion for sats team on 18:32 - Nov 26 by Loft1979

Peter Cech is better than Green?

Just like Cesar then.

Wouldn't mind seeing Mutch given at chance out left, I believe he can use both feet and seemed to be the type to make himself available for the ball, as opposed to Fer who recently seems to be using neither foot, doesn't strive to make himself an option and certainly shouldn't be in a midfield 2 with his defensive workrate and attitude.
suggestion for sats team on 19:54 - Nov 26 with 373 viewsLoft1979

suggestion for sats team on 18:59 - Nov 26 by 1BobbyHazell

Just like Cesar then.

Wouldn't mind seeing Mutch given at chance out left, I believe he can use both feet and seemed to be the type to make himself available for the ball, as opposed to Fer who recently seems to be using neither foot, doesn't strive to make himself an option and certainly shouldn't be in a midfield 2 with his defensive workrate and attitude.

I don't mind being in the minority. And I don't think I am reaching by lobbying for Peter Cech. I think his range and overall skills and Prem experience would be a difference maker.

As for Mutch-agree. He was excelling before injury. Showed a defensive side to his game we were not looking for.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024