Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sandro 14:13 - Nov 25 with 2442 viewsNorthernr

Out until after Christmas. Guess that settles the 'should Joey be in the team' debate for a while.
Sandro on 16:48 - Nov 25 with 855 viewsJamie

Sandro on 15:26 - Nov 25 by TheBlob

Hey,it ain't your money bub.

But it's not Tony's either
[Post edited 25 Nov 2014 16:49]
Sandro on 16:55 - Nov 25 with 839 viewsPinnerPaul

Sandro on 14:15 - Nov 25 by daveB

I think he offers a bit more going forward than Sandro as long as he doesn't insist on taking all the set pieces.

That's becoming a bit of an urban myth.

Nico took two corners near the end on Saturday and hit the first (Newcastle) man with both!
Sandro on 16:59 - Nov 25 with 824 viewsPinnerPaul

Sandro on 15:55 - Nov 25 by Cliff

OK so that's £10 million for Sandro.

Now to keep the maths nice and simple let's assume that our average attendance is 20k

If we divide that £10 million by 20k we get £500.

That means that if we hadn't have bought Sandro the club could have knocked £500 off of the cost of every seat over the course of the season, and that's without the money he's getting in wages.

So it's not our money?

I like it.

Imagine the crowd going wild everytime one of ours goes down injured!
Sandro on 17:02 - Nov 25 with 811 viewsBrazilNutR

Where is this new 10 million figure coming from.... I thought it was 6 million.?!?

Surely they must have some kind of insurance? Surely... or take him back and swap him for Paulinho..

Starting to think we should avoid Brazilians from here on, not a great record at QPR lately... or ever?! Even the name Brazil....Alan only played 4 games..
Sandro on 17:11 - Nov 25 with 789 viewsLblock

I've a feeling we may never see him in the hoops again. The 6 week healing process could be gospel or it could be PR until transfer window

I do find it a bit sickening that our club is lashing out the fee's and wages it is but they are the circles we are moving in

That aside the transfer policy and diligence (lack of) being displayed by people at QPR is a disgrace and has been for almost a decade. It's hardly rocket science:-
1. Injury record last 5 years
2. Number of games played last 5 years
3. Disciplinary record
4. Off the field profile
5. Age and number of years accepted as left in career
6. Development potential
7. Balance of squad enhanced
8. Potential resale value if coached and developed
9. Will he help other youngsters develop if a senior member
10. Is he Jose Boswinga

A simple 10 point checklist for the Bungle Brothers

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Sandro on 17:19 - Nov 25 with 772 viewsWeaverQPR

10m spent when in fact we could of saved that and played Henry from the
start of the season. Henry has shown he is more than capable of sitting in front of back four and breaking up play. He also lasts 90 mins.
So thats Ferdinand and Sandro who look like duds from the summers signings. Lessons learned though.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2014 17:23]

@WeavQPR

Sandro on 14:13 - Nov 26 with 660 viewsrsonist

If I recall correctly it was Dave McIntyre that said the initial fee for him was £6m and the rest would be appearance-based.

Unpopular opinion though it is I still don't think it was that horrible of a gamble to have taken, even though we are losing on it at the moment.

For me it is now imperative that the management sits down and figures out how we can get the best out of Fer. Regardless of what we've seen so far the fact is is he is a good footballer who has played the box to box Sandro role in his past career and played it well and with discipline. It's only here that he's become this flakey luxury passenger and we need to get to the bottom of it because otherwise we haven't anyone else that can fulfil that role, which means going back to a midfield packed with attacking midfielders tripping over themselves while Austin stands stranded on his tod.
Sandro on 14:34 - Nov 26 with 646 viewspaulparker

Sandro on 14:13 - Nov 26 by rsonist

If I recall correctly it was Dave McIntyre that said the initial fee for him was £6m and the rest would be appearance-based.

Unpopular opinion though it is I still don't think it was that horrible of a gamble to have taken, even though we are losing on it at the moment.

For me it is now imperative that the management sits down and figures out how we can get the best out of Fer. Regardless of what we've seen so far the fact is is he is a good footballer who has played the box to box Sandro role in his past career and played it well and with discipline. It's only here that he's become this flakey luxury passenger and we need to get to the bottom of it because otherwise we haven't anyone else that can fulfil that role, which means going back to a midfield packed with attacking midfielders tripping over themselves while Austin stands stranded on his tod.

Really,
you don't think spending Millions on a player with one leg & who has hardly played in 2 years not a gamble , if we had got him for 2 million then no it wouldn't have been, but 6 million rising to 10 million is a huge outlay for us
IMHO Sandro is gone as a player, we would have been better off getting owen Hargreaves out of retirement , I think most fans, would have seen this injury coming a mile off
as for Fer he wasn't much cop at Norwich and we have seemed to have bought him with no idea where to play him, and like most flair players he gets shunted to the wing just to get him in the team

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Sandro on 21:35 - Nov 26 with 594 viewsSpiritofGregory

What possessed the club to sign him, everyone knows he's a sick note. How have the other shareholders allowed Fernandes to run the club so poorly?
Sandro on 23:21 - Nov 26 with 570 viewsFredManRave

Sandro on 15:00 - Nov 25 by paulparker

10 million quid , keep repeating that people,
QPR have spent 10 million on a bloke with 1 knee ,
so much for learning by our mistakes eh tony
everyone could see that Sandro although a good player is finished, no way in a million years should we have spent anymore than 2 million on him , we may as well have got owen Hargreaves out of retirement
yet again Daniel Levy has shafted us,
so who can we buy to replace him , my money is on the following Capoue , Pauliniho, Demble, ryan mason, tom carroll, Bentaleb,
if there was any proof that Arry should be sacked its got to be for this sh*t sandwich of a signing, no way can we let this wheeler dealer spiv have another transfer window

"QPR have spent 10 million on a bloke with 1 knee"

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Sandro on 00:37 - Nov 27 with 544 viewsHunterhoop

Sandro on 16:55 - Nov 25 by PinnerPaul

That's becoming a bit of an urban myth.

Nico took two corners near the end on Saturday and hit the first (Newcastle) man with both!

True, but he also scored and got the bar with his last two free kicks from outside the box. Barton scored in a pre-season friendly and away at Reading, and that's it...in a full season. Barton also hit the first man with our first two corners on Sat.

Niko is better at set pieces. He's not amazing at them, but he's the best we've got and he's better than Barton; he certainly has been so far this season. There is no "urban myth".
Sandro on 11:00 - Nov 27 with 489 viewsLoft1979

Sandro on 16:15 - Nov 25 by adhoc_qpr

Shockingly predictable...

Barton can slot in there, he might not be as good but at least he can play a full game.

Mutch might be OK in a wide midfield role given his alleged attacking abilities - can't be worse than Fer anyway surely?

Maybe it's my age, but I am inclined to comment in defense of our 'sandman'. I understand he is x- spurs and all, but Sandro has been a great add. With him in the back QPR are so much stronger. Indeed his absences have clearly cost us points. Hope he is back in good running order because I think the January /February schedule will need his presence. Prediction, if we stay up he will get his recognition.
Sandro on 12:37 - Nov 27 with 451 viewsQPunkR

Sandro on 11:00 - Nov 27 by Loft1979

Maybe it's my age, but I am inclined to comment in defense of our 'sandman'. I understand he is x- spurs and all, but Sandro has been a great add. With him in the back QPR are so much stronger. Indeed his absences have clearly cost us points. Hope he is back in good running order because I think the January /February schedule will need his presence. Prediction, if we stay up he will get his recognition.

...if he actually completes 90 minutes in 2 consecutive games during that time.

QPR - "shit but local"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024