Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB 13:48 - Nov 26 with 2769 viewsR_from_afar

Old blabbermouth Barton has been at it again, as if we needed anyone else in the camp to play down the importance of actually getting one or more of the 57 away points on offer this season.

We are nearly one third of the way through the season. Hull are currently safe with 11 points. Multiply that by three and we have 33 points (duh) as a safety target. 40 might be more than we need, but lets make the 33 35 to allow for the fact that we're not quite one third in. We have 8 points. So, we need 27 points to hit the 35 point mark.

My point is how on earth are we going to get 27 points from our remaining 13 home games? 9 wins? No way!

it's only when you break the remaining games of the season down like this that you realise how vitally important getting away points is.

I know 'Arry doesn't like technology (allegedly; I bet he secretly does his own accounts using a Raspberry Pi computer he built out of a Dansette and some old Pedigree Chum cans) so perhaps someone would like to use an abacus to walk him through the simple maths of Rangers surviving this season.

RFA
[Post edited 26 Nov 2014 13:48]

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 13:56 - Nov 26 with 1882 viewsNorthernr

And that's exactly the approach we take. Amble about, if we get anything great, if we don't it doesn't matter it's a bonus game. We aint staying up with 19 away defeats I'll tell you that for nothing.
'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 14:04 - Nov 26 with 1859 viewsDiscodroids

given the lick spittle grovelling respect we have shown to the 'top boys' , do we not bother to compete away with the top six teams over the course of the season??..

if thats the case, fine.

perhaps we should inform our travelling fans that there just going for a piss up and strippers etc, if not for the football,entertainment or pre requisite effort in blue and white hoops.

a hundred +quid approx for a day out is a lot of money to watch us move round the pitch like the tank blocks in atari 2600 1970's giveaway game, 'tank battle'

if its asking one of the best paid managers in the country, his vast staff, experianced internationals and established players to at least try to win is too much for them...how much is a day out at lego land??

at what point do we say to ourselves. "this is a brucie bounus'..top 4 ???..top 6???..top 8, top 1o ??, tell me when im getting close joey..., it will be handy when im making the decision to go to game Or B&Q to pick up some fence panels for the garden.

given that we already seem to write off fa cup and league cup games, are we only going to try to compete in games that coincide with tabbernacle day or when the sun moves into its 3rd phase of equinox.

danny dyers line in the' football factory 'about spunking your money on brasses, kebabs and fruit machines while averting the gaze of your mrs in your sexless marriage sounds utopia compared to seing henry and bond discussing logarithims , and zamora looking like he's receiving pre 1930's electro shock therapy from nurse ratchett , when in front of goal, 200 miles from chingford
[Post edited 26 Nov 2014 17:06]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 14:10 - Nov 26 with 1842 viewsbosh67

Good well it may save some injuries and money if we actually concede away games and don't even go in the first place. Just send congrats, flowers and a card instead.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 14:19 - Nov 26 with 1816 viewsJuzzie

If Joey thinks that any away games is a bonus then fk it, I'm not going to bother with away games if they can't.

I've always managed 6-10 aways s season but with little R now on the scene that'll be curtailed to just the London aways and Southampton (Reading/Watford too if in the same division). But nah, fk it, why bother doing the London ones either, Spurs was bad enough.

I'll spend more time with him and save £££'s in the process that can, and will, be better spent.
'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 14:20 - Nov 26 with 1812 viewswhittocksRs

We should just feel lucky that teams like Man fcking United and Newcastle are happy for us to go to their grounds and come away with a defeat, seeing as all away games are just bonus games, as we all know.
'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 14:20 - Nov 26 with 1811 viewsJuzzie

'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 14:10 - Nov 26 by bosh67

Good well it may save some injuries and money if we actually concede away games and don't even go in the first place. Just send congrats, flowers and a card instead.

Send them the three points too with the card & flowers.

I have more on my driving license than QPR do.
'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 14:20 - Nov 26 with 1804 viewsPinnerPaul

'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 13:56 - Nov 26 by Northernr

And that's exactly the approach we take. Amble about, if we get anything great, if we don't it doesn't matter it's a bonus game. We aint staying up with 19 away defeats I'll tell you that for nothing.

Take your point about the approach, but having said that, we haven't actually played anyone away from home who wasn't in good form , except perhaps Man Utd, who just happened to be displaying about £2 billion worth of new signings on that day.
'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 14:23 - Nov 26 with 1782 viewsJuzzie

'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 14:20 - Nov 26 by PinnerPaul

Take your point about the approach, but having said that, we haven't actually played anyone away from home who wasn't in good form , except perhaps Man Utd, who just happened to be displaying about £2 billion worth of new signings on that day.

Derby were in good form and we beat them, just! We've beaten many a team over the years who are in form, everyone has at some point or another.

It's not about the form of the opposition, it's about our approcah to the game. And there isn't one.
Login to get fewer ads

'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 14:25 - Nov 26 with 1770 viewswhittocksRs

'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 14:23 - Nov 26 by Juzzie

Derby were in good form and we beat them, just! We've beaten many a team over the years who are in form, everyone has at some point or another.

It's not about the form of the opposition, it's about our approcah to the game. And there isn't one.

Everything was summed up in Redknapp's 'bonus game' quote. Totally unforgivable.
'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 14:47 - Nov 26 with 1733 viewsdaveB

What's Joey said now?

To stay up you need at least 35 points usually a few more so looking at 6 home wins and 3 away. Pass on who they will be against or if we'll get them.

Wasn't the bonus game thing about Man Utd away? it was a daft thing to say but not sure we've treated the last few away games as towel throwing exercises apart from West Ham, we're just not very good
'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 14:51 - Nov 26 with 1724 viewsRangersw12

'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 14:47 - Nov 26 by daveB

What's Joey said now?

To stay up you need at least 35 points usually a few more so looking at 6 home wins and 3 away. Pass on who they will be against or if we'll get them.

Wasn't the bonus game thing about Man Utd away? it was a daft thing to say but not sure we've treated the last few away games as towel throwing exercises apart from West Ham, we're just not very good

Our game plan at Newcastle seemed to be to get a 0-0 draw

We never go to an away game and actually try and win it and never have under Redknapp
'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 14:53 - Nov 26 with 1719 viewsNorthernr

'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 14:20 - Nov 26 by PinnerPaul

Newcastle were crap, good form or not. There were points there begging.
Tottenham are crap. Our result against them looks worse every time they play somebody else. After we'd been and rolled over for them they lost 3-0 to Liverpool, 1-0 to West Brom, beat Forest 3-1 but were 1-0 down and were poor, drew with the mighty besiktas, beat Southampton which was a good result but have since been beaten at home by Newcastle and Stoke.

We have lost eight from eight and scored twice. It's pathetic.
'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 14:57 - Nov 26 with 1697 viewsDiscodroids

we gave burton albion a run for their money though.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:02 - Nov 26 with 1679 viewsQPunkR

'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 14:57 - Nov 26 by Discodroids

[Post edited 26 Nov 2014 15:02]

QPR - "shit but local"

'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 15:16 - Nov 26 with 1641 viewsAlbRanger

I reckon it will be better to just not turn up to the away games.

At least our goal difference will be set at -3 a game. Just by turning up at Man U and Spurs we were playing catch up
'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 15:22 - Nov 26 with 1624 viewsTacticalR

Is it just me or does this bear a remarkable resemblance to the logic of Mark Hughes?

Air hostess clique

'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 15:24 - Nov 26 with 1620 viewscoolranger

Nor would we deserve too.

Away fixtures test other aspects of a side. And so far we have been found woefully short. We need one away win soon now to break the losing mindset and instill some belief on the road.

We should be looking for at least 10-12 points from our road trips.

Then you're looking for perhaps 25 points from home games - 7/8 wins
'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 15:25 - Nov 26 with 1618 viewsAntti_Heinola

good point. if a team is in good form AND it's at their place, we might as well send the youths up there and keep our players fresh for the games that really matter. Home games against teams not in form. So that's basically games v Villa, possibly Sunderland, maybe Palace and possibly Leicester. Burnley look dangerous at the moment though.
Jesus wept.

Bare bones.

'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 15:27 - Nov 26 with 1616 viewsNorthernr

'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 15:22 - Nov 26 by TacticalR

Is it just me or does this bear a remarkable resemblance to the logic of Mark Hughes?

It's pretty much been the mantra of the whole club since Warnock left, even in the division below. Little old QPR, very very 'ard to get anything away from home. If you include Hughes' eight months our away record since we sacked Warnock (who'd won three of his six away games in the Prem) is...

played 61, won 12, drawn 11 and lost 38

Even last year, spending ten times as much as everybody else, think of some of the pathetic away performances at Watford, Brighton, Blackburn, Bournemouth etc. Going to bloody Watford and playing 4-6-0 was really quite something.

This post has been edited by an administrator
'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 15:46 - Nov 26 with 1558 viewsderbyhoop

'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 14:57 - Nov 26 by Discodroids

The only running i saw that night was Shite Phillips running into their reserve centre half who was playing left back. And every time he had the ball.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 16:23 - Nov 26 with 1498 viewsColombiR

I can't see it on his twitter but presuming he DID say this...

Alright Joey, if any points away from home in the Premier League are a bonus, why the f*ck have we given so many bonus points to visiting teams at Loftus Road? By your logic we should be winning 90% of our home games.

I'm not a Barton hater, but for me this is an utterly disgraceful comment, beneath contempt. How can it be acceptable for anyone at QPR to think like this, let alone say it publicly? If that's your attitude you can quite frankly f*ck off and we'll employ someone who tries to win away games.

It's painful just how unprofessional we are.

What exactly did he say and where did he say it?

Unfortunately there's little hope of either Redknapp or Fernandes getting Barton under control with his comments because they are equally bad.
'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 16:49 - Nov 26 with 1473 viewsPinnerPaul

'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 14:53 - Nov 26 by Northernr

Newcastle were crap, good form or not. There were points there begging.
Tottenham are crap. Our result against them looks worse every time they play somebody else. After we'd been and rolled over for them they lost 3-0 to Liverpool, 1-0 to West Brom, beat Forest 3-1 but were 1-0 down and were poor, drew with the mighty besiktas, beat Southampton which was a good result but have since been beaten at home by Newcastle and Stoke.

We have lost eight from eight and scored twice. It's pathetic.

Straw clutcher - I'm guilty as charged!
'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 16:59 - Nov 26 with 1452 viewsR_from_afar

'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 16:23 - Nov 26 by ColombiR

I can't see it on his twitter but presuming he DID say this...

Alright Joey, if any points away from home in the Premier League are a bonus, why the f*ck have we given so many bonus points to visiting teams at Loftus Road? By your logic we should be winning 90% of our home games.

I'm not a Barton hater, but for me this is an utterly disgraceful comment, beneath contempt. How can it be acceptable for anyone at QPR to think like this, let alone say it publicly? If that's your attitude you can quite frankly f*ck off and we'll employ someone who tries to win away games.

It's painful just how unprofessional we are.

What exactly did he say and where did he say it?

Unfortunately there's little hope of either Redknapp or Fernandes getting Barton under control with his comments because they are equally bad.

This is where the quote appeared:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2847963/Joey-Barton-claims-Que

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 17:46 - Nov 26 with 1421 viewsColombiR

'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 16:59 - Nov 26 by R_from_afar

This is where the quote appeared:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2847963/Joey-Barton-claims-Que

RFA

Wow. The subject of this thread is an exact quote.

And Joey...
‘We’ve been very good at home recently. That’s got to be the priority for us - turning Loftus Road into a fortress and making it a difficult place for teams to come to.
‘Credit to the lads, we’ve done that all season. Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’

First of all we have 8 points out of 6 games at home, so we can't have made it that difficult a place for teams to come to "all season". And if our plan is zero points away from home then 8 from 6 home games is well below what we need...

Just WHY did he need to say this? "Yeah we should have done better but it doesn't matter that much" is the message. No, EVERY game matters.

Could he not have said "our priority at home is to turn LR into a fortress and away from home is to break down other team's fortresses..."??

We've been perennially bad away from home ever since I became an R in the early 90s, but I've never seen us ADMIT we don't need to pick up points away from home.

This has really fcking riled me.
'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 17:55 - Nov 26 with 1412 viewsFearless

I usually do most away games but this season thought I'd give them a miss - went to Spurs and Burton, not been since.

Hate to say it, but I'm not missing going at all

Bring on the 3rd round an exciting away fixture and I'll be aunt nelly on here begging for a ticket!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024