Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB 13:48 - Nov 26 with 2770 viewsR_from_afar

Old blabbermouth Barton has been at it again, as if we needed anyone else in the camp to play down the importance of actually getting one or more of the 57 away points on offer this season.

We are nearly one third of the way through the season. Hull are currently safe with 11 points. Multiply that by three and we have 33 points (duh) as a safety target. 40 might be more than we need, but lets make the 33 35 to allow for the fact that we're not quite one third in. We have 8 points. So, we need 27 points to hit the 35 point mark.

My point is how on earth are we going to get 27 points from our remaining 13 home games? 9 wins? No way!

it's only when you break the remaining games of the season down like this that you realise how vitally important getting away points is.

I know 'Arry doesn't like technology (allegedly; I bet he secretly does his own accounts using a Raspberry Pi computer he built out of a Dansette and some old Pedigree Chum cans) so perhaps someone would like to use an abacus to walk him through the simple maths of Rangers surviving this season.

RFA
[Post edited 26 Nov 2014 13:48]

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 22:19 - Nov 26 with 923 viewsHunterhoop

It's a frankly appalling attitude which is unacceptable for a team in a competitive environment. and it all stems from the leadership. The players should absolutely NOT believe away games are bonus games. They should believe they can, if they execute the game plan, win every game they play in.

Oh, but that would involve a game plan, and man management.....

Redknapp is a f*cking pony "manager" and our decent results and performances are in spite of him, not because of him. There are so many people out there who understand leadership better than him who could, and would, deliver better with our resources....IMO, of course.
'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 10:54 - Nov 27 with 863 viewsdaveB

'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 22:19 - Nov 26 by Hunterhoop

It's a frankly appalling attitude which is unacceptable for a team in a competitive environment. and it all stems from the leadership. The players should absolutely NOT believe away games are bonus games. They should believe they can, if they execute the game plan, win every game they play in.

Oh, but that would involve a game plan, and man management.....

Redknapp is a f*cking pony "manager" and our decent results and performances are in spite of him, not because of him. There are so many people out there who understand leadership better than him who could, and would, deliver better with our resources....IMO, of course.

I think it's harsh to say it's been in spite of him. I don't think he's performed any miracles or been anything other than average but he has made changes which were long overdue and have made us competitive at least, I'm sure a new manager would have made similar changes but he has at least played a part in improved performances since West Ham.

I do find Joey Bartons comments worrying though, I can kind of understand seeing Man City United etc away as a bonus game but not Newcastle and around 70% of them really, you have to try and get something in those games otherwise you are down and that attitude has to come from the top which doesn't bode well.
'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 12:00 - Nov 27 with 838 viewssimmo

Is King Barton also the captain in the absence of Hill? This is a man that doesn't even attend our games if he's not playing and there's a decent Everton game to go to.

Disgraceful attitude to take to away games. Even if that is the case, then why are we not approaching these games with reckless abandon? Knowing they are a 'bonus' why are we not throwing caution to the wind in an attempt to deviate from the apparently inevitable loss?

We will be relegated if we don't win away games, simple as that. Barton is a fckin chode.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2014 12:00]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 12:43 - Nov 27 with 817 viewsQPunkR

'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 12:00 - Nov 27 by simmo

Is King Barton also the captain in the absence of Hill? This is a man that doesn't even attend our games if he's not playing and there's a decent Everton game to go to.

Disgraceful attitude to take to away games. Even if that is the case, then why are we not approaching these games with reckless abandon? Knowing they are a 'bonus' why are we not throwing caution to the wind in an attempt to deviate from the apparently inevitable loss?

We will be relegated if we don't win away games, simple as that. Barton is a fckin chode.

QPR - "shit but local"

'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 12:52 - Nov 27 with 813 viewsisawqpratwcity

'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 12:00 - Nov 27 by simmo

i've been saying this for three f*cking years, 'when joey talks, DON'T LISTEN!'

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 13:44 - Nov 27 with 788 viewsPinnerPaul

Last season Hull and WBA got 12 (from 36) and 15(from 37) of their points away from home to finish 16th and 17th.

Both won 3 games away from home
'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 13:53 - Nov 27 with 783 viewsR_from_afar

'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 17:46 - Nov 26 by ColombiR

Wow. The subject of this thread is an exact quote.

And Joey...
‘We’ve been very good at home recently. That’s got to be the priority for us - turning Loftus Road into a fortress and making it a difficult place for teams to come to.
‘Credit to the lads, we’ve done that all season. Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’

First of all we have 8 points out of 6 games at home, so we can't have made it that difficult a place for teams to come to "all season". And if our plan is zero points away from home then 8 from 6 home games is well below what we need...

Just WHY did he need to say this? "Yeah we should have done better but it doesn't matter that much" is the message. No, EVERY game matters.

Could he not have said "our priority at home is to turn LR into a fortress and away from home is to break down other team's fortresses..."??

We've been perennially bad away from home ever since I became an R in the early 90s, but I've never seen us ADMIT we don't need to pick up points away from home.

This has really fcking riled me.

So that's two of us - at least - who are massively hacked off with this ridiculous approach.

Why are we giving up on a potential 57 points? Are we so amazing at home that we need to handicap ourselves to the tune of 57 points? Give me strength.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

'Anything away from home in the Premier League is a bonus.’ Fun maths with JB on 14:03 - Nov 27 with 771 viewsClive_Anderson

Maybe he means anything away from his home is a bonus.

I'm sick of players and management thinking it's alright to turn up and not bother because it's just little old QPR.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024