Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Posting responses to threads. 14:14 - Nov 26 with 13224 viewspomanjou

Its getting more like the old East Germany. In addition to not being able to discuss many current affairs on this board the guvnor is now locking threads on the basis of them being pathetic.

At the same time foul and abusive language flourishes despite it being offensive to many
and extreme adjectivial excess is on the up.

Whatever is the world coming to?

I'm just off to 'the imitation game' (Enigma) for a bit of enlightenment.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Posting responses to threads. on 20:24 - Nov 27 with 1819 viewsCiderwithRsie

" I was on holiday last weekend, do I need my phone buzzing in my pocket every 30 seconds when I'm in a restaurant or in bed trying to have a break from work? Probably not. "

I think we all should remember that more than we do.

And although I enjoy and post on discussions, the main reason I come to this forum is Clive's match reports, which are streets ahead of any others I've read for detail, perception, humour and fairness to the opposition.
Posting responses to threads. on 20:35 - Nov 27 with 1786 viewsAunt_Nelly

Sombrero..
Posting responses to threads. on 20:40 - Nov 27 with 1763 viewsPunteR

Posting responses to threads. on 20:24 - Nov 27 by CiderwithRsie

" I was on holiday last weekend, do I need my phone buzzing in my pocket every 30 seconds when I'm in a restaurant or in bed trying to have a break from work? Probably not. "

I think we all should remember that more than we do.

And although I enjoy and post on discussions, the main reason I come to this forum is Clive's match reports, which are streets ahead of any others I've read for detail, perception, humour and fairness to the opposition.

Clive keeping his vibrating phone in his pocket when he goes to bed is another story.

LFW is great. I had to close my account for a bit cos I'm on it too much.

Maybe some of the subject matter is a bit strong ,but nothing I haven't heard in the real world. I just don't read or post on anything I don't want to.

Hats off to Clive, met him once and wished I bought him a drink. Another time maybe.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2014 20:57]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Posting responses to threads. on 20:40 - Nov 27 with 1763 viewsstevec

This is a fantastic site, intelligent discussion from both left and right, though never understood what type of person sends complaints about content, personally if you're grown up enough to express your own view you should be able to at least accept that other people have different views however diverse.

Can't thank Clive enough for presiding over LFW, the clientele and general debate but trust the sites integrity is not in any way being inadvertently determined by advertisers.
Posting responses to threads. on 20:41 - Nov 27 with 1762 viewsted_hendrix

My thread on brass rubbing in 19th Century Norfolk was in inexplicably removed.
I haven't been back since.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Posting responses to threads. on 20:44 - Nov 27 with 1746 viewseasthertsr

Posting responses to threads. on 17:08 - Nov 27 by Northernr

haha you've been called some stuff on here over the years Pom, but cuddly is a first

You've actually started a very useful thread here as it turns out.

Northern, I really like this site, but BEFORE Pom started this thread I started one with the same name, making exactly the same points, you locked it and described it as the most pathetic thread ever on this site! Why the change of mind?
Posting responses to threads. on 20:48 - Nov 27 with 1739 viewskarl

As an aside, following an off topic thread I am now two months into an Open University degree. The gist of the conversation encouraged me to get off my R's and enrol, i may come back and ask wtf you've done to me but atm liking it.
There you go Clive, positivity and its not a Daily Mail correspondance course :)
Posting responses to threads. on 21:00 - Nov 27 with 1704 viewsTopCat34

Edit: I've had a bit of a mare in general here.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2014 21:47]
Login to get fewer ads

Posting responses to threads. on 21:11 - Nov 27 with 1686 viewskarl

Posting responses to threads. on 21:00 - Nov 27 by TopCat34

Edit: I've had a bit of a mare in general here.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2014 21:47]

You posted something you know should have been removed and you were happy that it was?
Learn how to use the PM function mate, if you want to insult someone it would appear the easiest route
Posting responses to threads. on 21:50 - Nov 27 with 1640 viewsTopCat34

Posting responses to threads. on 21:11 - Nov 27 by karl

You posted something you know should have been removed and you were happy that it was?
Learn how to use the PM function mate, if you want to insult someone it would appear the easiest route

At the time I got a little wrapped up in it all - Ive not complained, but have found a lot of stuff on here a bit brazen and offensive - and on reflection realised petty slagging off and insults on a football forum are neither the answer, or worth it.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2014 21:52]
Posting responses to threads. on 03:44 - Nov 28 with 1561 viewsBklynRanger

Any thread where Clive seems in need of a shoulder rub is important to me. Fcuk off that's not gay you homophobic neo-fascist kunt. You see now? You see what I did there?

Anyway, this looked like one of those threads, so I read all of it. After 25 minutes of reading (I've had a couple of drinks) I said to the wife: "I've been on this site for 12 years. It's not like Facebook or any of that shite, there are real people on here who I know (I didn't say I like them, important point, please note) so this is important to me. I'm on Page 3 of 5."

The wife seemed to accept this and is now asleep beneath the charming garland of sunflower fairylights over our lovely, romantic, Amish Country bed. Fcuk it. I'll sort it all out in the morning.

Anyway what I would say is that this thread shows that we can all tone it down if we have to. Some of those highly deletable threads I don't even open so I can't even say who is who on them, but one thing to remember is Clive has to read all of that shite.

At the same time when it's all either 'What's wrong with Britain's imigration system?' or 'What's wrong with Harry's opinion of Adel?' it does get fcuking tedious on here. There have been efforts of late and in the past to mix that up a bit and I think they should continue.

I feel I've written a bit of an airy fairy post here; I can sense it, but I've still used less 'American English' than most of you dickwads, so to summarise:

Posting responses to threads. on 04:41 - Nov 28 with 1552 viewsFredManRave

Posting responses to threads. on 03:44 - Nov 28 by BklynRanger

Any thread where Clive seems in need of a shoulder rub is important to me. Fcuk off that's not gay you homophobic neo-fascist kunt. You see now? You see what I did there?

Anyway, this looked like one of those threads, so I read all of it. After 25 minutes of reading (I've had a couple of drinks) I said to the wife: "I've been on this site for 12 years. It's not like Facebook or any of that shite, there are real people on here who I know (I didn't say I like them, important point, please note) so this is important to me. I'm on Page 3 of 5."

The wife seemed to accept this and is now asleep beneath the charming garland of sunflower fairylights over our lovely, romantic, Amish Country bed. Fcuk it. I'll sort it all out in the morning.

Anyway what I would say is that this thread shows that we can all tone it down if we have to. Some of those highly deletable threads I don't even open so I can't even say who is who on them, but one thing to remember is Clive has to read all of that shite.

At the same time when it's all either 'What's wrong with Britain's imigration system?' or 'What's wrong with Harry's opinion of Adel?' it does get fcuking tedious on here. There have been efforts of late and in the past to mix that up a bit and I think they should continue.

I feel I've written a bit of an airy fairy post here; I can sense it, but I've still used less 'American English' than most of you dickwads, so to summarise:

Bloody Liberals.

However, just to add my pesos worth. LFW is a fantastic site. I'm addicted, probably through being an ExPat and therefore using it for almost all my QPR related needs but also for the NON QPR stuff aswell.

However, as Stevec mentioned earlier in the thread, I never cease to be surprised by the number of people who, firstly, take message boards so seriously but who also get so upset by other peoples contibutions. I don't see how it can be any simpler to ignore a poster, not read a thread (the titles are usually a giveaway) or just not continue on the site if posts or posters really get to some people so much. We are never going to all get along, there will always be arguments and differences of opinion and there will always be Exposters (who will have stopped posting for varyious different personal reasons) and newbies who will continue to change the make up and posting style of this forum.

I read almost all threads, post a long distance view occasionally on QPR related ones, usually steer clear of the political and more serious themed ones, drink at the fountain of LFW history/informative threads and invariably partake in the silly threads.

I don't like to read the personal abuse being aimed at other posters but other than that I see this place for what it is, a football forum and a bloody good one at that and I enjoy the vast majority of it and long may it continue.

Well done Clive and most of you.

[Post edited 28 Nov 2014 4:46]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Posting responses to threads. on 05:03 - Nov 28 with 1546 viewsFDC

I don't want to blow smoke up Clive's arse here, but [proceeds to blow smoke up Clive's arse] I've always been amazed that he's been able to successfully run this site on his own in the manner that he has done for so long. You've only got to look at the fate of some of the other boards to see how poor administration can affect the culture of a message board, and this place has by-and-large had a pretty decent culture over the years. That's down to Clive's good judgement in my opinion.
Posting responses to threads. on 09:53 - Nov 28 with 1448 viewsBluce_Ree

THIS FORUM = RUINED.

REASON = ALL OF YOU.

Clive should make me moderator for the day. There would be PURGES and I'd turn the swear filter on and would swearify common words too. It'd be a DICK PARTY IN YO MOUTHS.

I'm bringing back the good old days starting RIGHT NOW.

BAM!

MANDATORY!

BLEOWW!

OH!

AWW!

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Posting responses to threads. on 10:00 - Nov 28 with 1433 viewsPommyhoop

Posting responses to threads. on 09:53 - Nov 28 by Bluce_Ree

THIS FORUM = RUINED.

REASON = ALL OF YOU.

Clive should make me moderator for the day. There would be PURGES and I'd turn the swear filter on and would swearify common words too. It'd be a DICK PARTY IN YO MOUTHS.

I'm bringing back the good old days starting RIGHT NOW.

BAM!

MANDATORY!

BLEOWW!

OH!

AWW!

Post reported because it was sexist ,fatist ,anti Derby County and most of all I didn't like it.!!

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Posting responses to threads. on 10:11 - Nov 28 with 1426 viewsjohncharles

Posting responses to threads. on 05:03 - Nov 28 by FDC

I don't want to blow smoke up Clive's arse here, but [proceeds to blow smoke up Clive's arse] I've always been amazed that he's been able to successfully run this site on his own in the manner that he has done for so long. You've only got to look at the fate of some of the other boards to see how poor administration can affect the culture of a message board, and this place has by-and-large had a pretty decent culture over the years. That's down to Clive's good judgement in my opinion.

I was going to say that. This site is a triumph for non-censorship. Just about anything goes. Only the boring and the moronic are deleted. I know it's down to Clive's judgement but that's the way I like it.

Strong and stable my arse.

Posting responses to threads. on 10:20 - Nov 28 with 1409 viewsPommyhoop

Posting responses to threads. on 10:11 - Nov 28 by johncharles

I was going to say that. This site is a triumph for non-censorship. Just about anything goes. Only the boring and the moronic are deleted. I know it's down to Clive's judgement but that's the way I like it.

Agree with this.
Best forum I've been on ever.
Nought wrong with Clive.Its the sensitive flowers who go spearing off e mails and pm's to him and sundry who should have a look at themselves..

I recon we should have a 'What the Forum says' feature every week.
Disco presenting it ,showing and commenting on different complaints (or the odd praise) of different posts .

Come on Disco .Can you 'do' Terry Wogan?

Posting responses to threads. on 12:40 - Nov 28 with 1352 viewsDiscodroids

Posting responses to threads. on 10:20 - Nov 28 by Pommyhoop

Agree with this.
Best forum I've been on ever.
Nought wrong with Clive.Its the sensitive flowers who go spearing off e mails and pm's to him and sundry who should have a look at themselves..

I recon we should have a 'What the Forum says' feature every week.
Disco presenting it ,showing and commenting on different complaints (or the odd praise) of different posts .

Come on Disco .Can you 'do' Terry Wogan?

gawd that will go down well!!.

perhaps a ch4 style 'after dark version' with us extrapolating the benefits of somalian sex gangs for children in bristol over the half glow of a tiffiany lamp and a single malt

i think its just because on here for a long time , there was only the legend that is 'holloway' on here standing firm, and now ballast has arrived in the shape of me, mr anderson PP, yourself and many others.

in work yesterday some wag signed me up to go to an event on december 8th at the wilton music hall in london with shami chakrabati talking to emily 'ive never seen a white van' thornberry, talking about the human rights act.

im training to be a 'scanner' over the next couple of weeks so i can demonstrate my talents to them.

[Post edited 28 Nov 2014 12:44]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Posting responses to threads. on 12:54 - Nov 28 with 1335 viewsPommyhoop

Posting responses to threads. on 12:40 - Nov 28 by Discodroids

perhaps a ch4 style 'after dark version' with us extrapolating the benefits of somalian sex gangs for children in bristol over the half glow of a tiffiany lamp and a single malt

i think its just because on here for a long time , there was only the legend that is 'holloway' on here standing firm, and now ballast has arrived in the shape of me, mr anderson PP, yourself and many others.

in work yesterday some wag signed me up to go to an event on december 8th at the wilton music hall in london with shami chakrabati talking to emily 'ive never seen a white van' thornberry, talking about the human rights act.

im training to be a 'scanner' over the next couple of weeks so i can demonstrate my talents to them.

'chuckle'

After Dark.

Posting responses to threads. on 13:06 - Nov 28 with 1312 viewsClive_Anderson

Posting responses to threads. on 12:40 - Nov 28 by Discodroids

I think people are slowly coming around to the realisation that the real bigots are the ones throwing around unwarranted accusations of racism every five minutes and trying to get any discussion that doesn't suit their agenda closed down by jumping up and down and acting like children. Clicking report abuse every 30 seconds FFS. Thankfully times are changing and these people are finally starting to get ignored so they're throwing their collective toys out the pram.

By the way completely spot on about the amount of abuse Holloway took daily for not toeing the PC line. But that was completely fine apparently. Very amusing the way he just didn't give a f*ck about their bleating, much to their collective frustration.
Posting responses to threads. on 13:12 - Nov 28 with 1318 viewssimmo

Posting responses to threads. on 13:06 - Nov 28 by Clive_Anderson

I think people are slowly coming around to the realisation that the real bigots are the ones throwing around unwarranted accusations of racism every five minutes and trying to get any discussion that doesn't suit their agenda closed down by jumping up and down and acting like children. Clicking report abuse every 30 seconds FFS. Thankfully times are changing and these people are finally starting to get ignored so they're throwing their collective toys out the pram.

By the way completely spot on about the amount of abuse Holloway took daily for not toeing the PC line. But that was completely fine apparently. Very amusing the way he just didn't give a f*ck about their bleating, much to their collective frustration.

#realbigots

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Posting responses to threads. on 13:17 - Nov 28 with 1310 viewsBluce_Ree

Posting responses to threads. on 13:24 - Nov 28 with 1290 viewsJeff

I'm lost, do I currently like Clive or not?

is it hip to like him, or hip to not like him?

or is it so hip to not like him that it's become un-hip, therefore everyone now likes him again to be hip, until the whole cycle repeats itself.

you hipsters are a complicated bunch...
[Post edited 28 Nov 2014 13:25]

Can we not knock it?

Posting responses to threads. on 13:31 - Nov 28 with 1271 viewsBluce_Ree

Posting responses to threads. on 13:31 - Nov 28 with 1265 viewsDiscodroids

Posting responses to threads. on 13:24 - Nov 28 by Jeff

I'm lost, do I currently like Clive or not?

is it hip to like him, or hip to not like him?

or is it so hip to not like him that it's become un-hip, therefore everyone now likes him again to be hip, until the whole cycle repeats itself.

you hipsters are a complicated bunch...
[Post edited 28 Nov 2014 13:25]

i used to be hip jeff, then i forgot what hip was, or indeed if being hip, is hip.

'hip', isnt that from the same era as 'daddio' ??

i think clive is really far out, and this board has some really turned on, beautiful people.

artsy fartsy @ robert crumb.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2014 13:32]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024