Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Posting responses to threads. 14:14 - Nov 26 with 13175 viewspomanjou

Its getting more like the old East Germany. In addition to not being able to discuss many current affairs on this board the guvnor is now locking threads on the basis of them being pathetic.

At the same time foul and abusive language flourishes despite it being offensive to many
and extreme adjectivial excess is on the up.

Whatever is the world coming to?

I'm just off to 'the imitation game' (Enigma) for a bit of enlightenment.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Posting responses to threads. on 18:29 - Nov 26 with 2632 viewsloftboy

Posting responses to threads. on 14:37 - Nov 26 by Bluce_Ree

I once bumped into them in a nightclub in Torquay circa 1985, funny seeing them leg it up the road as a load of drunk blokes screaming "fandabbydozie" at them

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Posting responses to threads. on 18:31 - Nov 26 with 2608 viewseasthertsr

Posting responses to threads. on 18:29 - Nov 26 by loftboy

I once bumped into them in a nightclub in Torquay circa 1985, funny seeing them leg it up the road as a load of drunk blokes screaming "fandabbydozie" at them

Infamous for being famous 'swingers'. The Krankies! Just the thought of it makes me shudder!
Posting responses to threads. on 18:34 - Nov 26 with 2620 views1BobbyHazell

Posting responses to threads. on 18:21 - Nov 26 by easthertsr

Sorry Clive but I don't get this , I was called a leftie cnt by a poster on this board, and as far as I can see he suffered no consequences, I just voice my opinion and the thread is locked. It's your board and you can do what you want, but it does seem a bit unfair!

Not much point getting wound up or upset by someone so moronic that 'lefty c**t' was all they could muster easthertsr.

If you let people who are that bile-ridden, stupid, ignorant and inarticulate get to you you're going to find some message boards difficult places to dwell.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2014 18:37]
Posting responses to threads. on 18:39 - Nov 26 with 2598 viewsMrSheen

Posting responses to threads. on 18:34 - Nov 26 by 1BobbyHazell

Not much point getting wound up or upset by someone so moronic that 'lefty c**t' was all they could muster easthertsr.

If you let people who are that bile-ridden, stupid, ignorant and inarticulate get to you you're going to find some message boards difficult places to dwell.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2014 18:37]

A big thumbs up for Clive from me too.

[Post edited 26 Nov 2014 18:47]
Posting responses to threads. on 18:48 - Nov 26 with 2560 viewsAgedR

Posting responses to threads. on 18:21 - Nov 26 by easthertsr

Sorry Clive but I don't get this , I was called a leftie cnt by a poster on this board, and as far as I can see he suffered no consequences, I just voice my opinion and the thread is locked. It's your board and you can do what you want, but it does seem a bit unfair!

If you really are a lefty cnt, you shouldn't mind being called a lefty cnt.

Embrace it mate, we're a dieing bread us lefty cnts.

Plus Disco is excellent value even if we don't always share the same cigarette brand.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Posting responses to threads. on 18:53 - Nov 26 with 2529 viewseasthertsr

Posting responses to threads. on 18:48 - Nov 26 by AgedR

Plus Disco is excellent value even if we don't always share the same cigarette brand.

I agree with all of that, and you're right, I can be a bit of a K@nt at times! But anybody who abides by the rules, should be able to post their views, surely?
Posting responses to threads. on 19:00 - Nov 26 with 2533 viewsjohncharles

For me there's only one rule. Thou shall not be boring.

Strong and stable my arse.

Posting responses to threads. on 19:01 - Nov 26 with 2532 viewsjohncharles

Posting responses to threads. on 17:04 - Nov 26 by TheBlob

Is that Sue Perkins again?Looks different without the bins.

She's switched her bins for jugs.

Login to get fewer ads

Posting responses to threads. on 23:24 - Nov 26 with 2394 viewsbluetooth

He votes for the left
he votes for the right
It Ok to be different
Or life would be shite.
Posting responses to threads. on 23:48 - Nov 26 with 2366 viewsCiderwithRsie

Posting responses to threads. on 18:48 - Nov 26 by AgedR

I'm a lefty c*nt. And so is Spartacus.
Posting responses to threads. on 00:20 - Nov 27 with 2343 viewsPunteR

A BNP pub is not a place i would have a drink in but feel quite comfortable to come on here.
I don't really do politics but feel i can talk about most things on this site.
Maybe qpr.org are a tad harsh but if clives got emails from posters to say they don't like the content , then Clive has to react.
I would say 80% is QPR related. 10% news reports. 5% music. 3% film and entertainment.2% drivel.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2014 0:23]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Posting responses to threads. on 01:08 - Nov 27 with 2312 viewsBrightonhoop

I think the Darren Bent signing for Brighton thread shows which direction evolution is headed and the prognosis aint good. Apart from being quite possibly the thread that reaches the higher echelons of intelligence amongst the posting community, I hope it will be pinned for the next decade as a beacon of hope for the future. Loft for Words has become a Loft Cause, diamond turned to coal. Fck off to the Scum basically. You'll fit right in.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2014 1:27]
Posting responses to threads. on 03:07 - Nov 27 with 2285 viewsJAPRANGERS

Posting responses to threads. on 00:20 - Nov 27 by PunteR

A BNP pub is not a place i would have a drink in but feel quite comfortable to come on here.
I don't really do politics but feel i can talk about most things on this site.
Maybe qpr.org are a tad harsh but if clives got emails from posters to say they don't like the content , then Clive has to react.
I would say 80% is QPR related. 10% news reports. 5% music. 3% film and entertainment.2% drivel.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2014 0:23]

I think this site is fkin brilliant! There is always a vast range of interesting posts to read and or make a comment in. I never personally feel offended/upset by anything anyone writes, I just ignore it if I don't like it. All power and respect to Clive for making this site what it is.
Posting responses to threads. on 08:07 - Nov 27 with 2227 viewsDiscodroids

im ignorant of the darren bent thread, and i want no part of that one.

the charges levied by one poster on .org , thousands of miles away in oz, imo, carry less weight than karen carpenter on frankel.

may i remind him this is the website that from a straw pole of approx 40 members who chose the daily mail as their number two hateful entity , some 2 votes behind cancer, and streets ahead of WAR, ebola, genetic disease,world hunger and that well known tribe of enlightenment , chelsea fc !

hardly a watering hole for a pint and a jalfrezi for a fiver for the john tyndal clan.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2014 8:10]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Posting responses to threads. on 08:35 - Nov 27 with 2214 viewsTheBlob

Must admit I've dropped Clive in it on a few occasions, it always started out as humourous intent but gradually spiralled downwards.
In mitigation for my somewhat irrational actions,I'm entirely apolitical but I loathe one branch slightly more than the other - and all points in between.
This is a great board and don't want anything to happen here.
I'm going to offer a blanket apology to all and sundry for past behaviour and start afresh with more acceptable demeanour.
Keep up the good work.

you kunts.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Posting responses to threads. on 08:57 - Nov 27 with 2198 viewsPhildo

Posting responses to threads. on 08:07 - Nov 27 by Discodroids

im ignorant of the darren bent thread, and i want no part of that one.

the charges levied by one poster on .org , thousands of miles away in oz, imo, carry less weight than karen carpenter on frankel.

may i remind him this is the website that from a straw pole of approx 40 members who chose the daily mail as their number two hateful entity , some 2 votes behind cancer, and streets ahead of WAR, ebola, genetic disease,world hunger and that well known tribe of enlightenment , chelsea fc !

hardly a watering hole for a pint and a jalfrezi for a fiver for the john tyndal clan.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2014 8:10]

it is an excellent QPR forum. I waste huge amounts of my life daydreaming, worrying, exulting etc over 11 men in a blue and white shirt who play in W12 once a fortnight or so.

This place has also been a source of information, interesting non football discussion etc. Everyone has been welcome and Northern manages the massive workload it must create with a very light touch.

But a lot of threads have got a bit uncomfortable for my eyes lately or it all seems to have got a bit excessive anyway. Lots of threads with piss taking about gay people, references to Muslims, benifit cheats, black people in fairly negative framing etc. None of it explicit just inference I think. If a gay QPR supporter wants to join a community of like minded daydreamers etc will they want to come here if they have a look through some (not the majority) of the threads that have been floating around?

I regard myself as right of centre on most things and maybe all this relects what is going on in the country at the moment with UKIP winning by elections etc but i have just found myself a bit uneasy wth the general tone of things here lately.
Posting responses to threads. on 10:10 - Nov 27 with 2148 viewslondonscottish

Posting responses to threads. on 08:57 - Nov 27 by Phildo

it is an excellent QPR forum. I waste huge amounts of my life daydreaming, worrying, exulting etc over 11 men in a blue and white shirt who play in W12 once a fortnight or so.

This place has also been a source of information, interesting non football discussion etc. Everyone has been welcome and Northern manages the massive workload it must create with a very light touch.

But a lot of threads have got a bit uncomfortable for my eyes lately or it all seems to have got a bit excessive anyway. Lots of threads with piss taking about gay people, references to Muslims, benifit cheats, black people in fairly negative framing etc. None of it explicit just inference I think. If a gay QPR supporter wants to join a community of like minded daydreamers etc will they want to come here if they have a look through some (not the majority) of the threads that have been floating around?

I regard myself as right of centre on most things and maybe all this relects what is going on in the country at the moment with UKIP winning by elections etc but i have just found myself a bit uneasy wth the general tone of things here lately.

"A lot of threads have got a bit uncomfortable for my eyes lately or it all seems to have got a bit excessive anyway. Lots of threads with piss taking about gay people, references to Muslims, benefit cheats, black people in fairly negative framing".

It's all gone a bit WATRB recently.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Posting responses to threads. on 10:23 - Nov 27 with 2127 viewsNorthernr

Posting responses to threads. on 10:10 - Nov 27 by londonscottish

"A lot of threads have got a bit uncomfortable for my eyes lately or it all seems to have got a bit excessive anyway. Lots of threads with piss taking about gay people, references to Muslims, benefit cheats, black people in fairly negative framing".

It's all gone a bit WATRB recently.

Agreed. Been a few bannings to try and recover that situation.
Posting responses to threads. on 10:25 - Nov 27 with 2118 viewsQPunkR

Posting responses to threads. on 10:23 - Nov 27 by Northernr

Agreed. Been a few bannings to try and recover that situation.

QPR - "shit but local"

Posting responses to threads. on 10:27 - Nov 27 with 2110 viewsHantsR

Posting responses to threads. on 01:08 - Nov 27 by Brightonhoop

I think the Darren Bent signing for Brighton thread shows which direction evolution is headed and the prognosis aint good. Apart from being quite possibly the thread that reaches the higher echelons of intelligence amongst the posting community, I hope it will be pinned for the next decade as a beacon of hope for the future. Loft for Words has become a Loft Cause, diamond turned to coal. Fck off to the Scum basically. You'll fit right in.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2014 1:27]

I've PM'd you with apologies Brighton
Posting responses to threads. on 10:33 - Nov 27 with 2093 viewsHAYESBOY

I miss the kitchen threads.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Posting responses to threads. on 10:48 - Nov 27 with 2066 viewsBlackCrowe

I've more or less stopped posting on this forum because a lot of the core group of posters seem to have been replaced by others that are either intent posting pretty unacceptable comments as Clive has mentioned or simply hijack every single bloody thread with reams of self-absorbed cr@p trying to 'out-funny' each other with their 'wacky' brand of hilarity - just gets so fcking tedious.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Posting responses to threads. on 10:50 - Nov 27 with 2050 viewsDiscodroids

Posting responses to threads. on 10:48 - Nov 27 by BlackCrowe

I've more or less stopped posting on this forum because a lot of the core group of posters seem to have been replaced by others that are either intent posting pretty unacceptable comments as Clive has mentioned or simply hijack every single bloody thread with reams of self-absorbed cr@p trying to 'out-funny' each other with their 'wacky' brand of hilarity - just gets so fcking tedious.

i know, it really is tiresome..

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Posting responses to threads. on 12:40 - Nov 27 with 1974 viewsYorkRanger

Posting responses to threads. on 10:48 - Nov 27 by BlackCrowe

I kind of agree with this.

I have typically avoided the non football threads as they tend to develop into areas where the views expressed often start to verge on unacceptability (well for my personal beliefs anyway).

Some of the more bizarre threads I also avoid, partly because much of the time I cant be bothered to wade through them to work out exactly what point is being made. That said, its a message board so my philosophy is live and let live, if people want to create or contribute to those types of threads then so be it.

I do try to contribute to threads where I have a view that I think is helpful to the OP. When that is related to some kind of view on economics or the like then I am conscious that I do that at my peril - que sera.

It is often disappointing that solid football threads get highjacked by flippancy or people falling out with each other and as a consequence interesting and worthy debates get curtailed.

Generally I do think that the board had dumbed down over the past 6 months or so and as a consequence a number of people who I thought were good posters are now noticeable by their absence.

As for Clive, I wouldnt want to do his job for all the tea in china and his match reports, pre match reports and analysis remain my first port of call ahead of any other media.

Just my opinion
Posting responses to threads. on 12:44 - Nov 27 with 1956 viewsjohncharles

Posting responses to threads. on 12:40 - Nov 27 by YorkRanger

I kind of agree with this.

I have typically avoided the non football threads as they tend to develop into areas where the views expressed often start to verge on unacceptability (well for my personal beliefs anyway).

Some of the more bizarre threads I also avoid, partly because much of the time I cant be bothered to wade through them to work out exactly what point is being made. That said, its a message board so my philosophy is live and let live, if people want to create or contribute to those types of threads then so be it.

I do try to contribute to threads where I have a view that I think is helpful to the OP. When that is related to some kind of view on economics or the like then I am conscious that I do that at my peril - que sera.

It is often disappointing that solid football threads get highjacked by flippancy or people falling out with each other and as a consequence interesting and worthy debates get curtailed.

Generally I do think that the board had dumbed down over the past 6 months or so and as a consequence a number of people who I thought were good posters are now noticeable by their absence.

As for Clive, I wouldnt want to do his job for all the tea in china and his match reports, pre match reports and analysis remain my first port of call ahead of any other media.

Just my opinion

Bloody people with their bloody opinions

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024