Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Posting responses to threads. 14:14 - Nov 26 with 13176 viewspomanjou

Its getting more like the old East Germany. In addition to not being able to discuss many current affairs on this board the guvnor is now locking threads on the basis of them being pathetic.

At the same time foul and abusive language flourishes despite it being offensive to many
and extreme adjectivial excess is on the up.

Whatever is the world coming to?

I'm just off to 'the imitation game' (Enigma) for a bit of enlightenment.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Posting responses to threads. on 13:03 - Nov 27 with 1748 viewsClive_Anderson

"I've had two e-mails this week from people saying they're no longer going to use the site because of the racial undertones to it, and when there was a thread on qpr.org about this site a couple of weeks ago the general perception of it was that it was a great site but the message board was compared to a BNP pub."

So basically the usual lefty bleating trying to close down all conversation on topics they don't like. And it still works it seems.

Plus c'est change.
Posting responses to threads. on 14:13 - Nov 27 with 1666 viewsNorthernr

Posting responses to threads. on 13:03 - Nov 27 by Clive_Anderson

"I've had two e-mails this week from people saying they're no longer going to use the site because of the racial undertones to it, and when there was a thread on qpr.org about this site a couple of weeks ago the general perception of it was that it was a great site but the message board was compared to a BNP pub."

So basically the usual lefty bleating trying to close down all conversation on topics they don't like. And it still works it seems.

Plus c'est change.

And usual rightie bleating about the usual lefties.

This is why I delete them. Repetitive, juvenile and boring.
Posting responses to threads. on 14:23 - Nov 27 with 1632 viewsClive_Anderson

Posting responses to threads. on 14:13 - Nov 27 by Northernr

So nothing to do with racial undertones and BNP comparisons at all then.
Posting responses to threads. on 14:27 - Nov 27 with 1619 viewsNorthernr

Posting responses to threads. on 14:23 - Nov 27 by Clive_Anderson

So nothing to do with racial undertones and BNP comparisons at all then.

Nah that as well. I'm not having it. Do not want to run a site that is associated with that sort of stuff. Plenty of other places it can be discussed, not happening on here.

It's very clear that the tone of the board has changed, and the people posting on here have changed. Some very valued posters who used to contribute some great stuff have simply given up on the place. I used to read this forum and be quite proud that it was more in depth and well through through, dare I say more intelligent, than most other football forums. It's gone off in a different direction dragging its knuckles and shedding posters as it's gone and I'm not having it any more.

This should not, under any circumstances, be a place where anybody feels initimidated or uncomfortable as a visitor or poster. We all have a responsibility to ensure that is the case, even if that means your political view - which is clearly so terribly important it simply must be aired on a football message board at every possible opportunity and anybody obstructing that right is a vile censor complicit in creeping Sharia law - doesn't happen on here any more.

Posters leaving = fewer advertisers. Fewer advertisers = less revenue. Less revenue = eventually no site.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Posting responses to threads. on 14:39 - Nov 27 with 1582 viewsClive_Anderson

Posting responses to threads. on 14:27 - Nov 27 by Northernr

Nah that as well. I'm not having it. Do not want to run a site that is associated with that sort of stuff. Plenty of other places it can be discussed, not happening on here.

It's very clear that the tone of the board has changed, and the people posting on here have changed. Some very valued posters who used to contribute some great stuff have simply given up on the place. I used to read this forum and be quite proud that it was more in depth and well through through, dare I say more intelligent, than most other football forums. It's gone off in a different direction dragging its knuckles and shedding posters as it's gone and I'm not having it any more.

This should not, under any circumstances, be a place where anybody feels initimidated or uncomfortable as a visitor or poster. We all have a responsibility to ensure that is the case, even if that means your political view - which is clearly so terribly important it simply must be aired on a football message board at every possible opportunity and anybody obstructing that right is a vile censor complicit in creeping Sharia law - doesn't happen on here any more.

Posters leaving = fewer advertisers. Fewer advertisers = less revenue. Less revenue = eventually no site.

It seems to be easy to delete a thread and then claim the people were "disgusting knuckle dragging BNP scum" as you've just deleted the evidence that it was nothing like that at all.

I remember a particular thread a while ago that got deleted and 3 people on the other side of the argument PM'd me saying it was a shame as it was a decent and reasonable debate. Meanwhile you posted that half the people on there were basically racist c@nts and should fark off.

No one could ask what exactly you objected to because you'd deleted the whole thing for being so "disgusting".

Edit. In reply to your edit "This should not, under any circumstances, be a place where anybody feels initimidated or uncomfortable as a visitor or poster."

Calling people BNP for no reason is pretty much this definition right here.

"even if that means your political view - which is clearly so terribly important it simply must be aired on a football message board at every possible opportunity"

If you don't want political views aired then fair enough let people know, add it to the rules of the site and clarify things. But it seems to be completely ok unless it clashes with your particular views on the matter when it seems fine to just delete them and then chuck some abuse and inneundo on some posters as a group without backing it up with names and examples to allow a right or reply .
[Post edited 27 Nov 2014 14:45]
Posting responses to threads. on 14:45 - Nov 27 with 1563 viewsNorthernr

"basically racist c@nts and should fark off."

I said that did I? Must sack that ghost writer.

It's a football board at the end of the day. I'm much more relaxed about discussions of other topics than some other sites, where threads get moved into other 'rooms' or have to be labelled NON QPR and so on, but I've made a decision that threads on immigration, racial tension and topics along similar lines are almost always going to be deleted because...
1 - they have garnered the site a reputation that I don't want it to have.
2 - they have driven a lot of posters a way, and put off new ones
3 - they always involve the same dozen or so, split equally on both sides, making the same points they've always made, over and over and over again.

Now if you like, we can keep having this chat. Threads can appear, I can delete them, another thread can appear calling me this and that, and we can repeat.

Or we could be grown up about it. Accept that this is the decision that has been made and either use another message board if you don't like it, or continue to use this one within the rules it's run by.

Oh and as for "clashes with your particular views on the matter" - you haven't got the first fcking clue about my views on this issue because I've never expressed them here.

Posting responses to threads. on 14:46 - Nov 27 with 1553 viewssimmo

'This should not, under any circumstances, be a place where anybody feels initimidated or uncomfortable as a visitor or poster'

I think this is the most important thing to remember, if I were in charge I would happily delete anything I felt contradicted this. As it happens I think this site has gone from a very very lightly moderated board to a little more frequently moderated board. Considering the constant in that has been the moderator I would suggest that's more down to the posters than the admin.

We all jump straight on board with the fact it's a community club, it should be the same on this board. I am guilty of being a bit too personal or emotional myself, so I often go back and modify things once I have calmed and wouldn't have a problem with Clive deleting or moderating on my behalf. We have all read the reports, previews, etc. So I think we can generally agree that he's not an unreasonable ego maniac.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Posting responses to threads. on 14:51 - Nov 27 with 1534 viewsClive_Anderson

Posting responses to threads. on 14:45 - Nov 27 by Northernr

"basically racist c@nts and should fark off."

I said that did I? Must sack that ghost writer.

It's a football board at the end of the day. I'm much more relaxed about discussions of other topics than some other sites, where threads get moved into other 'rooms' or have to be labelled NON QPR and so on, but I've made a decision that threads on immigration, racial tension and topics along similar lines are almost always going to be deleted because...
1 - they have garnered the site a reputation that I don't want it to have.
2 - they have driven a lot of posters a way, and put off new ones
3 - they always involve the same dozen or so, split equally on both sides, making the same points they've always made, over and over and over again.

Now if you like, we can keep having this chat. Threads can appear, I can delete them, another thread can appear calling me this and that, and we can repeat.

Or we could be grown up about it. Accept that this is the decision that has been made and either use another message board if you don't like it, or continue to use this one within the rules it's run by.

Oh and as for "clashes with your particular views on the matter" - you haven't got the first fcking clue about my views on this issue because I've never expressed them here.

Yes comparing people to the BNP and calling them racists which encourages a load of posters hiding behind your skirt saying "I wish they would all f@ck off" (these messages never seem to get deleted for some reason) is essentially saying that.

If it is a rule then fair enough, it's your site etc. But a couple of points

1) I had no idea this was a rule, where is this mentioned?
2) If you're trying to be grown up then calling a load of people racist without anything whatsoever to back it up is probably not helping very much.

"Oh and as for "clashes with your particular views on the matter" - you haven't got the first fcking clue about my views on this issue because I've never expressed them here."

I would say that deleting a thread and then criticising one side of an argument is indeed showing a view on a matter.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2014 14:56]
Login to get fewer ads

Posting responses to threads. on 14:55 - Nov 27 with 1521 viewsNorthernr

Posting responses to threads. on 14:51 - Nov 27 by Clive_Anderson

Yes comparing people to the BNP and calling them racists which encourages a load of posters hiding behind your skirt saying "I wish they would all f@ck off" (these messages never seem to get deleted for some reason) is essentially saying that.

If it is a rule then fair enough, it's your site etc. But a couple of points

1) I had no idea this was a rule, where is this mentioned?
2) If you're trying to be grown up then calling a load of people racist without anything whatsoever to back it up is probably not helping very much.

"Oh and as for "clashes with your particular views on the matter" - you haven't got the first fcking clue about my views on this issue because I've never expressed them here."

I would say that deleting a thread and then criticising one side of an argument is indeed showing a view on a matter.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2014 14:56]

Right well there it is, it's been mentioned now. I would have thought every thread on those subjects being very deliberately deleted might have been signal enough but apparently not.

The BNP comparison was from another site talking about this one.
Posting responses to threads. on 15:00 - Nov 27 with 1501 viewsRangersw12

Posting responses to threads. on 14:55 - Nov 27 by Northernr

Right well there it is, it's been mentioned now. I would have thought every thread on those subjects being very deliberately deleted might have been signal enough but apparently not.

To be fair it was only one person who said about the BNP

From what I have seen the majority of other sites just think this site is stuck up it's own arse
Posting responses to threads. on 15:02 - Nov 27 with 1492 viewsClive_Anderson

Posting responses to threads. on 14:55 - Nov 27 by Northernr

Ok fair enough so immigration and Sue Perkins are on the banned list.

"The BNP comparison was from another site talking about this one.", if you didn't have any sympathy with that view then you wouldn't have mentioned it on here. And you've said plenty of things along those lines before.
Posting responses to threads. on 15:04 - Nov 27 with 1482 viewsNorthernr

Posting responses to threads. on 15:00 - Nov 27 by Rangersw12

To be fair it was only one person who said about the BNP

From what I have seen the majority of other sites just think this site is stuck up it's own arse

That's fine, I can deal with that.
Posting responses to threads. on 15:08 - Nov 27 with 1461 viewspomanjou

Clive and Clive having a nice ding dong, definitely not pathetic. I do hope there are no banning orders, evictions, lock downs, removals etc in the offing.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Posting responses to threads. on 15:15 - Nov 27 with 1432 views1BobbyHazell

Posting responses to threads. on 15:02 - Nov 27 by Clive_Anderson

Ok fair enough so immigration and Sue Perkins are on the banned list.

"The BNP comparison was from another site talking about this one.", if you didn't have any sympathy with that view then you wouldn't have mentioned it on here. And you've said plenty of things along those lines before.

I don't involve myself as much politically on here as I used to on dot.org (not .org, 2 different sites, splitters!), but on when where I did some people ended up saying that Internment should be brought in for Muslims!

In view of Clive's (northernr not Anderson obvs) admirable desire for people to feel comfortable posting on here I'd suggest that he sees things like that as something that could make a Muslim r feel very uncomfortable. I know if I was a Muslim I'd find it very threatening and unpleasant.

I know a Muslim's feelings may not be top of everyone's agenda but you know ...ultimately we're all one consciousness experiencng itself in a false reality of individual separation and that. Let love rule.
Posting responses to threads. on 15:29 - Nov 27 with 1354 viewsYorkRanger

I think the easy answer here is that if people do not like the way Clive moderates this board then they should cease to use it and go elsewhere. As has been said the fact that this has moved from a lightly moderated board to one which needs much closer control and supervision tells its own story.

In addition (and to be clear I don't know Clive from Adam) it can hardly be much fun when he is away and cant get on to the board, to be worrying about what nonsense is being said that may need deleting.

LFW does seem a less grown up place these days. That can't be for the better
Posting responses to threads. on 15:46 - Nov 27 with 1303 viewsEastR

I’m glad this subject has been brought up for discussion, for a while I thought it was just me.
There was a time (not that long ago) when almost without exception every thread on this forum was of interest. Or at the very least, worth a look.
Increasingly in the last few months I’ve found myself a less frequent visitor, and at least half of the threads wouldn’t don’t bother going anywhere near now because of the prevalence and pattern of opinions expressed that have become more prominent in that time.
In the past it was much easier to ignore some of the less savoury views expressed, but lately the overall profile makes that increasingly difficult to do.
If there is a place on the internet for the assortment of ill conceived, prejudiced, paranoid, jingoistic and fatuous views of some that are expressed here, then most certainly a football forum is not it.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Posting responses to threads. on 15:58 - Nov 27 with 1270 viewsWokingR

"LFW does seem a less grown up place these days. That can't be for the better "

It all started to go wrong when they banned tits on a Friday
Posting responses to threads. on 16:00 - Nov 27 with 1259 viewsQPunkR

Posting responses to threads. on 15:58 - Nov 27 by WokingR

QPR - "shit but local"

Posting responses to threads. on 16:06 - Nov 27 with 1238 viewssimmo

Posting responses to threads. on 15:58 - Nov 27 by WokingR

Apparently a lot of those tits were banned everyday, so they've gone back to Fantasy Island

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Posting responses to threads. on 16:10 - Nov 27 with 1212 viewsDiscodroids

fk me Clive , its the annual 'Purge'.

can someone put Ertha kitts LFW chiwawa back in its box, or at the very least release it into the wild and let nature run its course.
where it can yelp progressive threads of highbrow enlightenment such as 'whats your favourite kfc krushem' thus imparting left leaning particles of insight to small woodland animals, roadkill and rabbits riddled with myxomatosis.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2014 16:47]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Posting responses to threads. on 16:14 - Nov 27 with 1204 viewsJamie

So in summary, people are upset they can't argue over politics. On a football forum.
Posting responses to threads. on 16:28 - Nov 27 with 1165 viewsloftboy

Clive's been running this site since he was about 20, that's one hell of a commitment, before he took over the board went into unmoderated meltdown, since then it's been the only message board I use all the time, I've made a lot of good friends off here and sadly as Clive says a good few no longer post, Bazwot being the most notable ( over 10000 posts to his name).
Maybe I'm getting older but there's a few newbies on here who need to learn some manners imho who's should find out a little bit about the posters who they are abusing!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Posting responses to threads. on 16:38 - Nov 27 with 1130 viewsEalingRanger

Posting responses to threads. on 14:13 - Nov 27 by Northernr

Agreed, I always thought we were here to discuss football...
Posting responses to threads. on 16:39 - Nov 27 with 1128 viewsTheBlob

I think Adel is fab.
And Niko has wondeful thighs.

There you go.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Posting responses to threads. on 16:39 - Nov 27 with 1128 viewspaulparker

Posting responses to threads. on 16:28 - Nov 27 by loftboy

Clive's been running this site since he was about 20, that's one hell of a commitment, before he took over the board went into unmoderated meltdown, since then it's been the only message board I use all the time, I've made a lot of good friends off here and sadly as Clive says a good few no longer post, Bazwot being the most notable ( over 10000 posts to his name).
Maybe I'm getting older but there's a few newbies on here who need to learn some manners imho who's should find out a little bit about the posters who they are abusing!

no doubt clive does a great job on here, fair play to him

I actually have to disagree with you Loftboy there is a lot of snobbery towards new members from some of the old guard ( Btw im not pointing the finger at you , as I mainly agree with a lot of what you contribute) York and EastR have pretty much confirmed that with their posts
maybe if there were less teenage girl strops and toys out the pram throwing then we could maybe have the other debates, sometimes some people on here lose all sense of their humour
I mean lets face it the football hasn't been much to write about has it

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024