Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Posting responses to threads. 14:14 - Nov 26 with 13225 viewspomanjou

Its getting more like the old East Germany. In addition to not being able to discuss many current affairs on this board the guvnor is now locking threads on the basis of them being pathetic.

At the same time foul and abusive language flourishes despite it being offensive to many
and extreme adjectivial excess is on the up.

Whatever is the world coming to?

I'm just off to 'the imitation game' (Enigma) for a bit of enlightenment.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Posting responses to threads. on 14:20 - Nov 26 with 4126 viewsdanehoop

I think its been locked for good reason, and to be fair, its the first one I've ever seen Northern do that to. Maybe we can get him to save it as a "sticky" at the top of the board "pour encourage les autres" so to speak (excuse my dreadful French).

Never knowingly understood

Posting responses to threads. on 14:22 - Nov 26 with 4115 viewspomanjou

Posting responses to threads. on 14:20 - Nov 26 by danehoop

I think its been locked for good reason, and to be fair, its the first one I've ever seen Northern do that to. Maybe we can get him to save it as a "sticky" at the top of the board "pour encourage les autres" so to speak (excuse my dreadful French).

what good reason is that Dane? I didn't see the original comments.

See yr reply when I get back.

Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Posting responses to threads. on 14:33 - Nov 26 with 4075 viewsNorthernr

"not being able to discuss many current affairs."

Total bolox. Threads on "johnny foreigners coming here stealing our jobs" tend to be deleted because the right wingers get all vile and right wing about it, the left wingers get all vile and indignant about it, and we get 14 pages of thread at the top of a football message board that is essentially the same half dozen people that always get involved in those threads arguing back and forth, never getting anywhere etc etc. I've had two e-mails this week from people saying they're no longer going to use the site because of the racial undertones to it, and when there was a thread on qpr.org about this site a couple of weeks ago the general perception of it was that it was a great site but the message board was compared to a BNP pub. That's not the sort of site I want my name attached to.

I will continue to delete these. They achieve nothing and you've all said everything you're ever going to say about it before, every thread is the same.

I'm sure people who lived in the Old East Germany would be far more offended about you comparing that life to a fcking message board than anybody ever would be about foul and abusive language.

Threads that read like some snivelling eight year old going up to the dinner lady saying some other snivelling eight year old has said something nasty to them and they don't know what to do and can you pay some attention please will also be locked. People should grow up. Here's an example in case anybody is unsure. http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/131526/posting-res

If anybody fancies running the site a different way instead of me please get in touch loftforwords@yahoo.co.uk because quite apart from an ever increasing workload and ever decreasing amount of time to dedicate to it, I'm sick to the fcking back teeth of this sht.

All I can do is run it as I see fit, which seems to have served us pretty well for the last ten years, and if you don't like it then use one of the other boards. If I get it wrong, and everybody goes elsewhere, then the board won't be here any more, but to this point a decade on it seems to be going ok.

Apologies if that language offended.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Posting responses to threads. on 14:37 - Nov 26 with 4052 viewsBluce_Ree

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Posting responses to threads. on 14:43 - Nov 26 with 4023 viewsdanehoop

That picture is quite the most unnerving thing I have seen in a long time. Shudder.

Never knowingly understood

Posting responses to threads. on 14:45 - Nov 26 with 4011 viewsRangersw12

Posting responses to threads. on 14:46 - Nov 26 with 4002 viewsQPunkR

Posting responses to threads. on 14:43 - Nov 26 by danehoop

That picture is quite the most unnerving thing I have seen in a long time. Shudder.

Exactly what I was going to say!

QPR - "shit but local"

Posting responses to threads. on 14:47 - Nov 26 with 3987 viewsDiscodroids

i havent noticed a recent thread going to the dogs, everyone had there say on one about immigration being a major issue at the election , and it petered out without anyone calling the other a cnt .

even question time struggles to do that.

i saw ONE mention from ONE poster (with his finger on the pulse of the nation all the way from australia) on the .dot org thread re the BNP, thats laughable.

coming from the east end i wonder if this bloke has the slightest idea what he's talking about re the bnp which is thankfully been on its death knell for about 5 years waiting for someone to put it out of its misery via a mercy killing

from what i can see this is by far the best message board on qpr, with the largest cross section of society and the biggest volume of traffic.and the most intelligent of posters that make me feel like john mills village idiot in ryans daughter.

you have no complaints from me clive, quite the contrary . jobs a good 'un.

as for the two that feel they cannot contribute any further to this board, well you cant please everyone all the time guvnr.

LFW, the only qpr board that matters .

(even the KFC krushem threads)
[Post edited 26 Nov 2014 17:15]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Login to get fewer ads

Posting responses to threads. on 14:59 - Nov 26 with 3936 viewsjohncharles

Posting responses to threads. on 14:43 - Nov 26 by danehoop

Stop now before it becomes a thread.

Strong and stable my arse.

Posting responses to threads. on 15:51 - Nov 26 with 3843 viewsBluce_Ree

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Posting responses to threads. on 16:04 - Nov 26 with 3799 viewsJAPRANGERS

This is by far the best QPR site in the known universe thanks to Clive and most of the posters. Clive does a great job I think.
Posting responses to threads. on 16:06 - Nov 26 with 3790 viewsJamie

As a last resort, there is always a textbook LFW flounce.

Blob & Gloucs are past masters of the art.
Posting responses to threads. on 16:36 - Nov 26 with 3735 viewsWokingR

Posting responses to threads. on 16:06 - Nov 26 by Jamie

I love that word

Posting responses to threads. on 16:43 - Nov 26 with 3704 viewsTheBlob

Posting responses to threads. on 16:06 - Nov 26 by Jamie

And you,dear Jamie,are the past master of being a kunt.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Posting responses to threads. on 16:44 - Nov 26 with 3700 viewsBrightonhoop

I give this thread about 60 seconds...
Posting responses to threads. on 16:50 - Nov 26 with 3669 viewsDiscodroids

'old on uncle blob , here comes michael foot in a donkey jacket to lay commemorative flowers to fallen threads.

http://www.anzacday.org.au/education/tff/images/last_post.wav

lest we forget, we shall never see their like again, thank fk.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2014 16:52]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Posting responses to threads. on 16:50 - Nov 26 with 3672 viewsbarabajagal

"I will continue to delete these. They achieve nothing and you've all said everything you're ever going to say about it before, every thread is the same."

here here, no more politics from me I promise!

Until the beer starts talking of course. Avoid all posts from Barabajagal from between 11.30pm and 7.30am. And most outside of these times too!

It's a great site and great forum, please keep up the good work

U R's

NIk
Posting responses to threads. on 16:52 - Nov 26 with 3656 viewsDiscodroids

Posting responses to threads. on 16:50 - Nov 26 by barabajagal

"I will continue to delete these. They achieve nothing and you've all said everything you're ever going to say about it before, every thread is the same."

here here, no more politics from me I promise!

Until the beer starts talking of course. Avoid all posts from Barabajagal from between 11.30pm and 7.30am. And most outside of these times too!

It's a great site and great forum, please keep up the good work

U R's

NIk

cant clive just tag us?...

Posting responses to threads. on 17:01 - Nov 26 with 3635 viewspomanjou

Clive

Its a message board for posting views. I've been doing so for about 15 years on this board and its predecessors, never had any interest in others.

I drew a comparison.

I expressed a view that locking a thread for being 'pathetic' was possibly a tad over the top.

Its your ball, sorry board, you can censor or allow as you please and I think that is recognised by all.

You do a terrific job of keeping this THE qpr board.

Take it easy.

Posting responses to threads. on 17:02 - Nov 26 with 3629 viewsAunt_Nelly

Posting responses to threads. on 17:04 - Nov 26 with 3621 viewsTheBlob

Posting responses to threads. on 17:02 - Nov 26 by Aunt_Nelly

Is that Sue Perkins again?Looks different without the bins.

Posting responses to threads. on 17:44 - Nov 26 with 3568 viewsDylanP

I appreciate Clive locking down stupid threads and deleting racist crap. It makes the board more enjoyable to have that sort of stuff swept away as necessary.

Clive does a tremendous job with this board.There are a bunch of good QPR-related messageboards. But there are none better than this one. Thanks Clive.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Posting responses to threads. on 17:46 - Nov 26 with 3557 viewsTheBlob

Still needs a gardening page and motors for sale.
Or rubber products.

Posting responses to threads. on 17:51 - Nov 26 with 3548 views1MoreBrightonR

If you don't like the way the messageboard is run by Clive, just go post on another one. He doesnt get paid, he does a good job, and generally he let's quite a lot of the offensive crp on here go and on top of that, he writes great match reports and articles.

Thanks for the efforts Clive and ignore the idiots that think they have some innate right to criticize or comment on how this is run.
Posting responses to threads. on 18:21 - Nov 26 with 3494 viewseasthertsr

Posting responses to threads. on 17:51 - Nov 26 by 1MoreBrightonR

If you don't like the way the messageboard is run by Clive, just go post on another one. He doesnt get paid, he does a good job, and generally he let's quite a lot of the offensive crp on here go and on top of that, he writes great match reports and articles.

Thanks for the efforts Clive and ignore the idiots that think they have some innate right to criticize or comment on how this is run.

Sorry Clive but I don't get this , I was called a leftie cnt by a poster on this board, and as far as I can see he suffered no consequences, I just voice my opinion and the thread is locked. It's your board and you can do what you want, but it does seem a bit unfair!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024