Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Max Ehmer 15:27 - Nov 26 with 5665 viewsQPR_Jim

Out of loan to Gillingham it would seem. It's a shame he's not got many chances with us, instead we're loaning him out to the same level he was playing at 3-4 years ago with Yeovil.
Max Ehmer on 13:02 - Nov 27 with 1315 viewshoopdog

Max Ehmer on 12:50 - Nov 27 by QPunkR

No but where that assertion falls down is that our senile manager didn't have a look at *any* of our youth prospects for that cup game at Burton, which is as free a swing as you're likely to get. If his only goal is to keep us up, where would the harm have been in picking a team including some yoofs?
Yes there were 3 of them on the bench but did they get on the pitch? No, Leroy b@starding Fer did though

hindsight is a wonderful thing being disrespectful is another
Well you know the team at that time was playing shlte and totally out of balance every game was trying get the 1st team playing right to get points ok it never worked but cup game or not the 1st team squad is always priority over kids getting a cup run out
Max Ehmer on 13:06 - Nov 27 with 1312 viewsQPunkR

Max Ehmer on 13:02 - Nov 27 by hoopdog

hindsight is a wonderful thing being disrespectful is another
Well you know the team at that time was playing shlte and totally out of balance every game was trying get the 1st team playing right to get points ok it never worked but cup game or not the 1st team squad is always priority over kids getting a cup run out

Fairy snuff but if the manager never tries the kids in the 1st team how can he ever see how they'll play at that level? I'm not saying all 11 should've been youth players in the cup game, but having a couple in there wouldn't have hurt whatsoever. But Arry's always one for getting someone else's checkbook out, as we saw when he'd rather sign Onyewu than play Ehmer.

QPR - "shit but local"

Max Ehmer on 13:11 - Nov 27 with 1306 viewshoopdog

Max Ehmer on 13:06 - Nov 27 by QPunkR

Fairy snuff but if the manager never tries the kids in the 1st team how can he ever see how they'll play at that level? I'm not saying all 11 should've been youth players in the cup game, but having a couple in there wouldn't have hurt whatsoever. But Arry's always one for getting someone else's checkbook out, as we saw when he'd rather sign Onyewu than play Ehmer.

Did Harry rather sign Onyewu the way I heard it he didn't want the signing like the one we had last year that he didn't use
Max Ehmer on 13:23 - Nov 27 with 1299 viewsQPunkR

Max Ehmer on 13:11 - Nov 27 by hoopdog

Did Harry rather sign Onyewu the way I heard it he didn't want the signing like the one we had last year that he didn't use

I can't recall! But who would've foisted the Septic on him, Uncle Tone?

QPR - "shit but local"

Max Ehmer on 13:33 - Nov 27 with 1284 viewshoopdog

Max Ehmer on 13:23 - Nov 27 by QPunkR

I can't recall! But who would've foisted the Septic on him, Uncle Tone?

I dunno but wasn't it a forward ,but H was quite plssed off about the signing , most of us wanted to have a butchers at him seeing as he was taking a wage but H was having none of it someone will know
Max Ehmer on 13:35 - Nov 27 with 1278 viewssimmo

Everybody appreciates that the Premiership may not be the best place to find out if youth players can cut it or not, but 'Arry has previous with not giving less proven individuals a chance, often at the detriment to the team. Last season was a prime opportunity.

Harriman should have been available and playing instead of Aaron fckin Hughes at RWB
Ehmer instead of Onyewu on the bench and Luke fckin Young against BBurn
Petrasso instead of the hundred times we've shoehorned CMs into wide positions
Hitchcock instead of no strikers at all or a one legged Zamora

Look how long it took him to actually play YSY with any consitency, and now what do you know, he's a fckin revelation.

We don't have to rely on these younger players but they should be considered over parachuted in 30 somethings on loan or half fit players played out of position.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Max Ehmer on 13:36 - Nov 27 with 1277 viewsWeaverQPR

If I was Ehmer I would of farked orf years ago,and if Petrasso and Donaldson have anything about them they should too. Get playing games and make a name for yourself.

@WeavQPR

Max Ehmer on 13:51 - Nov 27 with 1260 viewspaulparker

Wasn't Ehmer identified as a future star for the German team ?
im pretty sure Low was going to fast track him into the German squads

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Max Ehmer on 14:01 - Nov 27 with 1251 viewshoopdog

Max Ehmer on 13:51 - Nov 27 by paulparker

Wasn't Ehmer identified as a future star for the German team ?
im pretty sure Low was going to fast track him into the German squads

If that was the case I'm pretty sure he would be at B/munich or any other German side now
Max Ehmer on 14:41 - Nov 27 with 1235 viewsQPunkR

Max Ehmer on 13:33 - Nov 27 by hoopdog

I dunno but wasn't it a forward ,but H was quite plssed off about the signing , most of us wanted to have a butchers at him seeing as he was taking a wage but H was having none of it someone will know

Wait you're talking about that Brazilian striker who never played for us.
That's got nowt to do with Guchi being signed as CB cover (then being loaned to Sheffield Weds) though. Arry never said the Sherman was forced on him

QPR - "shit but local"

Max Ehmer on 14:48 - Nov 27 with 1232 viewsaston_hoop

We also had Chevanton for a couple of games. Looked half decent in a couple of brief sub appearances but didn't get a go.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Max Ehmer on 15:04 - Nov 27 with 1217 viewsJamie

Max Ehmer on 13:36 - Nov 27 by WeaverQPR

If I was Ehmer I would of farked orf years ago,and if Petrasso and Donaldson have anything about them they should too. Get playing games and make a name for yourself.

Don't worry, Petrasso has interest and will be gone before long, which is a crying shame.
Max Ehmer on 15:20 - Nov 27 with 1196 viewshoopdog

Max Ehmer on 14:41 - Nov 27 by QPunkR

Wait you're talking about that Brazilian striker who never played for us.
That's got nowt to do with Guchi being signed as CB cover (then being loaned to Sheffield Weds) though. Arry never said the Sherman was forced on him

I think you could tell he wasn't a H signing when asked about the American at a pressa H said over and over I don't know anything about him nothing at all which told it had nothing to do with H .
Chevantan was the other I was thinking of saw about 15 mins of him he looked useful and that was that even when we needed a f/ward H was having none of it to prove a point and was plssed off with that signing
Max Ehmer on 15:21 - Nov 27 with 1192 viewsJigsore

Max Ehmer on 15:04 - Nov 27 by Jamie

Don't worry, Petrasso has interest and will be gone before long, which is a crying shame.

From what i've heard Dylan Carreiro is doing really well in Scotland. He's loaned out to Arbroath or some sh*tty team at the moment but apparently he could easily be playing in the SPL and might evne get first team chances at Dundee. So how come he's gone and we've still got people like Balanta ?

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Max Ehmer on 15:25 - Nov 27 with 1189 viewsaston_hoop

Max Ehmer on 15:21 - Nov 27 by Jigsore

From what i've heard Dylan Carreiro is doing really well in Scotland. He's loaned out to Arbroath or some sh*tty team at the moment but apparently he could easily be playing in the SPL and might evne get first team chances at Dundee. So how come he's gone and we've still got people like Balanta ?

Balanta joined Bristol Rovers a few months back and scored on his debut the other night! I seem to remember at a crucial phase in his development, Samuel Di Carmine kept starting ahead of him. Or maybe I dreamt that up

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Max Ehmer on 15:32 - Nov 27 with 1147 viewsNorthernr

Max Ehmer on 15:20 - Nov 27 by hoopdog

I think you could tell he wasn't a H signing when asked about the American at a pressa H said over and over I don't know anything about him nothing at all which told it had nothing to do with H .
Chevantan was the other I was thinking of saw about 15 mins of him he looked useful and that was that even when we needed a f/ward H was having none of it to prove a point and was plssed off with that signing

Think you're confusing the american with the Brazilian. Onyewu was definitely Harry's.
Max Ehmer on 15:33 - Nov 27 with 1141 viewsbosh67

I hope we don't waste Ehmer.

Natural centre back, massive physical presence, good feet, good in the air, young, quick. Looked like he had always played there on the one chance he got last season.

Surely with our back line he should be on the bench at least getting somme proper level of blooding?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Max Ehmer on 15:56 - Nov 27 with 1126 viewshoopdog

Max Ehmer on 15:32 - Nov 27 by Northernr

Think you're confusing the american with the Brazilian. Onyewu was definitely Harry's.

Maybe , but wasn't there something about someone hoisting a couple on Harry and something about him putting his foot down in that summer that he would have the final say on what players came in
Max Ehmer on 15:58 - Nov 27 with 1122 viewsQPunkR

Max Ehmer on 15:56 - Nov 27 by hoopdog

Maybe , but wasn't there something about someone hoisting a couple on Harry and something about him putting his foot down in that summer that he would have the final say on what players came in

Yeah - that was the Brazilian

QPR - "shit but local"

Max Ehmer on 16:07 - Nov 27 with 1106 viewssimmo

Max Ehmer on 15:58 - Nov 27 by QPunkR

Yeah - that was the Brazilian

Dellatore

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Max Ehmer on 22:41 - Nov 27 with 1056 viewsCiderwithRsie

Max Ehmer on 18:21 - Nov 26 by vegasranger

How many players of our wonderful youth set up have gone to play at a high level? Isn't Hitchcock struggling to start games, Harriman MOM at Liverpool? Our memories play tricks. Our youth set up has been abysmal for decades and playing the likes of Brentford , Southend and Gillingham isn't going to bring through players to play in the Championship , let alone the Premiership.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2014 18:22]

I don't disagree our youth set up is poor, but it's not a trick of the memory that Harriman was MoM vs Liverpool - I wasn't there, but there was pretty much universal agreement at that time [albeit in a very poor QPR side.]

But the point is that neither he nor Ehmer have been given a chance at a decent level, so it's pretty hard to say they never could or use them as evidence that the youth team is cr*p. If they spend years on end in our stiffs or being loaned out to League 2 then of course they're never going to make the grade. And if they get disillusioned and let their careers drift then critics can say "ah he was always cr*p." But you've no idea what they'd have done if they'd been given a chance to grab and a bit of faith.

Most youth team players at most teams don't make it - that's as true of Man Utd as it is of us.

Not so long ago our manger was bemoaning the lack of a right back and we were all bemoaning the presence of Rio in central defence. Would it really have been so terrible to have had Harriman and Ehmer at least on the bloody bench in case of injury?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024