Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
R.I.P Philip Hughes 05:09 - Nov 27 with 3103 viewsQPR1882

Thoughts go out to his family and friends, and also to Sean Abbott lets hope he gets all the help there is available to him.
R.I.P Philip Hughes on 05:19 - Nov 27 with 1909 viewsisawqpratwcity

yeh, really sad.

rest in peace.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

R.I.P Philip Hughes on 05:41 - Nov 27 with 1888 viewsJigsore

Never been a fan of cricket but it's a terrible terrible thing a man should die playing the sport he loves.

RIP.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

R.I.P Philip Hughes on 05:47 - Nov 27 with 1882 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Incredibly tough on Abbott.

R.I.P.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

R.I.P Philip Hughes on 07:01 - Nov 27 with 1804 viewsozexile

So sad what a tragic accident.
R.I.P Philip Hughes on 07:08 - Nov 27 with 1795 viewsDWQPR

Played for Middlesex for a while, such a terrible loss. RIP Philip Hughes.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

R.I.P Philip Hughes on 07:31 - Nov 27 with 1757 viewsSydneyRs

Just awful news.

RIP
R.I.P Philip Hughes on 07:44 - Nov 27 with 1724 viewskingsburyR

Sad.

R.I.P.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

R.I.P Philip Hughes on 07:45 - Nov 27 with 1725 viewsBlue_Castello

Very sad day, really shocked by this news, RIP Phil

Special thoughts for the bowler who must be going through an incredibly tough time.
Login to get fewer ads

R.I.P Philip Hughes on 07:54 - Nov 27 with 1709 viewsHayesender

Awful news to start the day with. RIP Phillip and thoughts go out to the young bowler

Poll: Shamima Beghum

R.I.P Philip Hughes on 08:00 - Nov 27 with 1698 viewsbaz_qpr

A terrible freakish tragedy, only 100 or so known deaths from this type of head trauma. RIP

Lets hope the Aussies don't go all macho and give Sean Abbott all the help and attention he needs to carry on and fully realise his life potential
R.I.P Philip Hughes on 08:01 - Nov 27 with 1695 viewsmikeygunn

I'm gutted by this, not something you expect to see at all. Australia's test match starts on Thursday, will be a big ask for the players to get focused for that. Also feel for Sean Abbott the bowler as apparently they were good mates. So so sad. RIP.
R.I.P Philip Hughes on 08:09 - Nov 27 with 1671 viewsDiscodroids

awful news, had tears in my eyes when i heard his passing this morning...25 years old.

RIP

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

R.I.P Philip Hughes on 08:22 - Nov 27 with 1650 viewsTheBlob

That's incredibly sad.So young.

R.I.P.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

R.I.P Philip Hughes on 08:37 - Nov 27 with 1624 viewsMrSheen

Very sad. You take it for granted that top class healthcare can save people from anything, but not the case this time.
R.I.P Philip Hughes on 08:39 - Nov 27 with 1621 viewsQPRMUSO

Really terrible news, I, like all of you were hoping he would pull through. Very sad day.
R.I.P Philip Hughes on 08:47 - Nov 27 with 1612 viewsElHoop

Such sad news - seems like a real freak injury. By far the biggest loss is to his family and friends but the rest of us have lost a player of great promise in his youth who was beginning to look as if he was starting to fulfill that potential at the ripe old age of 25. Steve Smith is of a similar type and age and the Aussies must have had high hopes for them both, but sadly we won't get to see what Phil Hughes can do now. RIP Phil.
R.I.P Philip Hughes on 08:53 - Nov 27 with 1601 viewsChinajohn

Very sad to hear the news this morning. I really thought he would pull through. My heart goes out to Sean Abbott who will never be the same again, his life is almost lost as well - both through playing the gamer they love.

As a qualified umpire I have seen some accidents, but never thought I'd hear about this type of freak incident.

RIP Phil Hughes. Hope you can piece back your life Sean Abbott.
R.I.P Philip Hughes on 08:56 - Nov 27 with 1594 viewsMetallica_Hoop

RIP

Heart goes out to the bowler too.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

R.I.P Philip Hughes on 09:06 - Nov 27 with 1580 viewsbosh67

R.I.P Philip Hughes on 08:56 - Nov 27 by Metallica_Hoop

RIP

Heart goes out to the bowler too.

Yes, a complete tragedy for two people and their families this. RIP Philip, sounds incredibly rare and unfortunate that the artery got so badly damaged in the neck. Really really sad news.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

R.I.P Philip Hughes on 09:12 - Nov 27 with 1574 viewsloftboy

RIP , can't add anything to this that hasn't been said above.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

R.I.P Philip Hughes on 10:12 - Nov 27 with 1504 viewsderbyhoop

Tragic accident. We thought helmets had taken the risk away but not completely. Thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

R.I.P Philip Hughes on 10:13 - Nov 27 with 1502 viewssimmo

25 FFS, so so unlucky.... RIP

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

R.I.P Philip Hughes on 10:48 - Nov 27 with 1467 viewsJamie

Most important that within the talk of helmets, it doesn't get overlooked that the ball actually hit him in the neck, damaging an artery.

Could there be some form of neck shield devised? Probably, but it's only the second time this injury has ever been recorded from a cricket ball, so should really go down as a horrific tragic accident.
R.I.P Philip Hughes on 10:52 - Nov 27 with 1463 viewsbosh67

R.I.P Philip Hughes on 10:48 - Nov 27 by Jamie

Most important that within the talk of helmets, it doesn't get overlooked that the ball actually hit him in the neck, damaging an artery.

Could there be some form of neck shield devised? Probably, but it's only the second time this injury has ever been recorded from a cricket ball, so should really go down as a horrific tragic accident.

Unfortunately Jamie, apparently he was wearing a first generation of the helmet and the second generation that the company released a short while ago has a neck panel. Not that a similar thing wouldn't have happened because it was such a rare accident but it may have stopped the level of damage.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

R.I.P Philip Hughes on 12:03 - Nov 27 with 1392 viewsbaz_qpr

R.I.P Philip Hughes on 10:48 - Nov 27 by Jamie

In a sport where head position is vital to the ability to play the game, I just dont see how you could have adequate protection for the neck / rear of the head without impacting on ability to make shots,
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024