Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Black friday 09:41 - Nov 27 with 1120 viewsloftboy

The American version of Boxing Day, so why are our shops jumping on the bandwagon?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Black friday on 09:49 - Nov 27 with 1101 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Don't you mean 'stores'?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Black friday on 09:53 - Nov 27 with 1096 viewsWokingR

If it helps pay for Christmas then who the hell cares
Black friday on 10:13 - Nov 27 with 1057 viewsJamie

Because gullible fools will happily queue and physically fight each other for 'amazing deals' like a TV at 49% off, that was quietly sat at 50% off a few weeks earlier...

Why wouldn't shops here jump onboard. Great opportunity to shift some toxic stock from some much needed foot traffic.
Black friday on 10:32 - Nov 27 with 1017 viewstraininvain

Black friday on 09:53 - Nov 27 by WokingR

If it helps pay for Christmas then who the hell cares

Exactly. Some people on here enjoy moaning.
Black friday on 11:25 - Nov 27 with 965 viewsHayesender

Bit racist init

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Black friday on 11:57 - Nov 27 with 906 viewsMrSheen

They had posters all over Romania promoting Black Friday too. I thought it was commemorating an Ottoman massacre but it was just 25% off computers. It's either a sign that the evil empire wants to take over the world, or there's loads of stuff in the warehouse they can't shift even with Christmas coming up.
Black friday on 12:07 - Nov 27 with 884 viewsAunt_Nelly

A few decent deals about as retailers try desperately to push up sales but most stuff can be found at similar prices just by shopping around or with a code. End of season sales are still the best time to buy pricey clobber and big ticket items as retailers need to shift old stock before they get lumbered with it.
Black friday on 12:08 - Nov 27 with 880 viewsbaz_qpr

Because the Worlds biggest retailer is american and therefore the other retailers have to compete
Login to get fewer ads

Black friday on 12:34 - Nov 27 with 843 viewsloftboy

Black friday on 10:32 - Nov 27 by traininvain

Exactly. Some people on here enjoy moaning.

I wasn't moaning just wondering

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Black friday on 12:48 - Nov 27 with 814 viewsToast_R

Its pretty much a load of ballcks.

Mark up your prices 2 weeks before, then put them back down for Black Friday with a whole host of brain dead fukwits believing they're getting a bargain.
Meant to be going to Kingston this weekend with the Mrs, I've insisted on taking the bus as I've one eye on the little German market selling Bavarian fare and beer. Wading through the masses after a couple of Paulaners is far less stressful.
Black friday on 13:44 - Nov 27 with 765 viewssuperstan

What I want to know is why don't we do Thanksgivig !!!!!!!!
Black friday on 13:47 - Nov 27 with 758 viewssuperstan

Black friday on 13:44 - Nov 27 by superstan

Sorry Thanksgiving !!!!!!!
Black friday on 13:52 - Nov 27 with 744 viewsTheBlob

What exactly have we got to be thankful for?
Apart from the landing of a couple of Chileans?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Black friday on 14:05 - Nov 27 with 719 viewsAunt_Nelly

All the sickly American talk of giving thanks is bollocks. Thanksgiving is all about making money. Advertising companies and in particular the owner of Macy's "lobbied" Roosevelt into bringing the "holiday" forward so they could have more sales days before Christmas.
They can keep that sht.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2014 14:07]
Black friday on 14:10 - Nov 27 with 701 viewsTW_R

We do in our own way. Can't you remember taking tinned vegetables into class and putting them in a pile during assembly?
Black friday on 14:13 - Nov 27 with 694 viewsJamie

Black friday on 14:10 - Nov 27 by TW_R

We do in our own way. Can't you remember taking tinned vegetables into class and putting them in a pile during assembly?

Otherwise known as Harvest Festival.
Black friday on 14:18 - Nov 27 with 679 viewsToast_R

Black friday on 14:05 - Nov 27 by Aunt_Nelly

All the sickly American talk of giving thanks is bollocks. Thanksgiving is all about making money. Advertising companies and in particular the owner of Macy's "lobbied" Roosevelt into bringing the "holiday" forward so they could have more sales days before Christmas.
They can keep that sht.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2014 14:07]

Hey it's a Public Holiday in America so the question should be, why the hell don't we celebrate it?

When I was at school we used to make a big deal of Harvest Festival which is the same thing, All the kids were asked to bring in some unwanted food to make a hamper for the elderly in the area. I remember my contribution was along the lines of a tin of Pineapple Rings that had been hanging around the back of the food cupboard that long, they had a Presto's price ticket on.
Black friday on 14:39 - Nov 27 with 662 viewssuperstan

I also feel I missed out on Halloween as it wasn't celebrated in my day, being a young 55.
Black friday on 14:49 - Nov 27 with 648 viewsthame_hoops

It's a really cool holiday,my girlfriend is Texan and we celebrate this.tonight we will watch two NFL games and eat turkey, mashed potatoes and such around 5 and then around 9 she'll cook wings and ribs.
Over in the states it's cool as you go out weds eve, see family thurs, shopping Friday and then have the weekend to get over it.
The UK retailers just use Black Friday as an excuse, like someone else pointed out the deals they do are mostly available all year round apart from sales
Black friday on 15:18 - Nov 27 with 633 viewsQPR1882

We will when the Americans tell us to.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024