Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London Overground Heads Up 10:56 - Nov 27 with 1530 viewsWokingR

There will be no London Overground service from Clapham Junction this weekend for anyone else using this route to get to the game
London Overground Heads Up on 11:18 - Nov 27 with 1501 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Thanks Woking. Bad news but I least I can plan accordingly.
London Overground Heads Up on 23:10 - Nov 27 with 1351 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Oh Man not good news at all...

How are you getting there Woking?
London Overground Heads Up on 08:54 - Nov 28 with 1292 viewsWokingR

WIll carry on up to Waterloo and then tube
It isn't going to be fun with the Christmas shoppers as any route is going to involve either Oxford Circus, Bond Street or Tottenham Court Road
London Overground Heads Up on 10:15 - Nov 28 with 1275 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

London Overground Heads Up on 08:54 - Nov 28 by WokingR

WIll carry on up to Waterloo and then tube
It isn't going to be fun with the Christmas shoppers as any route is going to involve either Oxford Circus, Bond Street or Tottenham Court Road

I was hoping that could be avoided!! I'm gonna check it out and I'll let you know if I see any sensible alternatives.
London Overground Heads Up on 12:41 - Nov 28 with 1249 viewsqprmeath

Is Burnley match ok next Saturday? Coming in from Gatwick
London Overground Heads Up on 12:52 - Nov 28 with 1236 viewsTacticalR

London Overground Heads Up on 10:15 - Nov 28 by Pablo_Hoopsta

I was hoping that could be avoided!! I'm gonna check it out and I'll let you know if I see any sensible alternatives.

An alternative is to go slightly further north to Baker Street to avoid Oxford Street. Get the Jubilee Line from Waterloo to Baker Street, and then get the Hammersmith and City Line to Wood Lane/Shepherd's Bush Market.

The Jubilee Line is more comfortable than the Bakerloo Line which can get really hot, and the Hammersmith and City Line has those new carriages that let you walk right through the whole train.

Air hostess clique

London Overground Heads Up on 19:34 - Nov 28 with 1135 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

London Overground Heads Up on 12:52 - Nov 28 by TacticalR

An alternative is to go slightly further north to Baker Street to avoid Oxford Street. Get the Jubilee Line from Waterloo to Baker Street, and then get the Hammersmith and City Line to Wood Lane/Shepherd's Bush Market.

The Jubilee Line is more comfortable than the Bakerloo Line which can get really hot, and the Hammersmith and City Line has those new carriages that let you walk right through the whole train.

Thanks Tactical, I'll check that route out, appreciate your advice!
London Overground Heads Up on 21:04 - Nov 28 with 1087 viewsTacticalR

London Overground Heads Up on 19:34 - Nov 28 by Pablo_Hoopsta

Thanks Tactical, I'll check that route out, appreciate your advice!

An added bonus is that Bond Street station on the Jubilee is closed, so the hordes from Oxford Street will not be getting on or off there.

So my alternative route is a little bit more round about, but it should be more comfortable than using the Bakerloo and the Central Line.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

London Overground Heads Up on 12:19 - Nov 29 with 1005 viewscoolranger

Get off at Wimbledon. Take the tube to Earls Court. Change and Piccadilly to Hammersmith. Change and Met Line to Shepherd's Bush Market.

Much easier than going in to Waterloo.
London Overground Heads Up on 00:49 - Nov 30 with 939 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

London Overground Heads Up on 21:04 - Nov 28 by TacticalR

An added bonus is that Bond Street station on the Jubilee is closed, so the hordes from Oxford Street will not be getting on or off there.

So my alternative route is a little bit more round about, but it should be more comfortable than using the Bakerloo and the Central Line.

I took your advice and it was an easy ride all the way to Wood Lane and back, White City meanwhile looked a little "black friday" after the game! Cheers for that.
London Overground Heads Up on 09:12 - Nov 30 with 894 viewsbatmanhoop

what a 'mare that was. Began my journey from Axminster, changed at Basingstoke to get a connection to Farnboro main. Onto a coach to Woking to finish the journey to Waterloo. Same for the return journey, got home just as we got the equaliser on MotD. Thank gawd we won that's all I'll say, you rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr's
London Overground Heads Up on 12:18 - Nov 30 with 825 viewsTacticalR

London Overground Heads Up on 00:49 - Nov 30 by Pablo_Hoopsta

I took your advice and it was an easy ride all the way to Wood Lane and back, White City meanwhile looked a little "black friday" after the game! Cheers for that.

Glad all went ok. I was working on the assumption that you were starting from Waterloo, but if you were starting from Wimbledon then coolranger's Wimbledon/Earl's Court route would have been much better than mine.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024