Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
1st game you took your kids to 12:23 - Nov 27 with 2155 viewspaulparker

Following on from Dane taking his lad on Saturday and the threads about going to your 1st game, what was the 1st game you took your own kids to?

mine would be taking my stepdaughter to the MK dons Fa Cup debacle a couple of years back,
we had a great day as she had never been to London we went Covent Garden for lunch , did the sights then on to the mecca of football, a quick stop at the Springbok (yeah I know)
we even saw Uncle tone in there ( he didn't buy a drink, cheap git ) went to the club shop got her a scarf and the shirt etc
all was going great until Anton Ferdinand decided to let a ball bounce over his head
letting MK score, I forgot my daughter was there and leapt up to give the other useless Ferdinand brother a volley of abuse , (btw she did grass me up to her mum later ) funny thing was on the train to the ground we passed Wembley and I told her we would be there this year for the fa cup final , different story on the way home as we passed it ,
anyway despite the performance and result she has converted making me feel a sense of pride& child cruelty at the same time
anyone else ??

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

1st game you took your kids to on 12:31 - Nov 27 with 2148 viewsloftboy

Two elder daughters Cambridge at home circa 2001, my eldest son Bournemouth home 2003, my youngest daughter Barnsley at home 5-2 and middle son Sheffield wednesday 2009

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

1st game you took your kids to on 13:30 - Nov 27 with 2113 viewskingshill

3-0 home defeat by Stockport the week after we got relegated at Huddersfield in 2001. My son was 3 and was absolutley fascinated by the whole thing. When I was ready to leave with about 10 to go he made me stay right until the end.
He's had a season ticket with me since 2002/3 and I've brainwashed him enough that he's never going anywhere now.
Been helped by the fact that he was a ballboy through the promotion season of 2011 and the staying up season of 2012, so he was on the pitch in the Loft goal when the players did a lap of honour and on the pitch during THAT game against Chelsea and the Cisse goal against Stoke. Add that to Wembley in May, surely one of the greatest moments any Father can share with his son and the poor lad has it for life!!
1st game you took your kids to on 13:34 - Nov 27 with 2105 viewsRangersw12

Took my Daughter ( 7) to Sheff Wednesday at home last season

Took my Son (5) to Hull at home this season

Both enjoyed it and both want to go again
1st game you took your kids to on 14:05 - Nov 27 with 2081 viewsRblock_James

Took my eldest son to Barnsley at home last season. We won 2-0 I think?

And now he's hooked.
1st game you took your kids to on 14:09 - Nov 27 with 2079 viewsLondon_Pride

The season that we went up from League Two I took both daughters (8 and 6) to their first home game against Stockport County (1-1). Having never met another QPR fan other than their father, they were stunned to see that three sides of the ground were full (OK half full) of other QPR supporters. Their father was still a nutter - but at least he wasn't alone.

The younger one still goes with me when she can. The older one would rather be at Westfield.
1st game you took your kids to on 14:25 - Nov 27 with 2068 viewsWokingR

Elder daughter flatly refuses to come. "It's full of big, shouty, sweary men" is her reason.
Younger daughter first came against Bolton in the Championship in 2009 when she was 9. Thought the "Where's your caravan" song at Chris Eagles was hilarious and has been a season ticket holder ever since.
1st game you took your kids to on 14:29 - Nov 27 with 2063 viewsrunningman75

Took my daughter to see Barnsley ( one of our favourite teams!). She spent most of the time watching aeroplanes rather then the match from Ellerslie Road. She does not like football despite me mentioning QPR every 5 minutes.
1st game you took your kids to on 14:58 - Nov 27 with 2039 viewsthame_hoops

At what age do ou think it's suitable to take a kid? My son is 6 but I think he'd be bored. Do your kids enjoy it or get fidgety?
Login to get fewer ads

1st game you took your kids to on 15:09 - Nov 27 with 2033 viewskarl

Took my daughter aged 5 to see Hibs beat Kilmarnock and son aged 3 when Hibs beat Aberdeen. Havent managed QPR with them but daughter now 8 is desperate so will try asap.
They love the spectacle (oxymoron at Hibs i know) of the game, crowd of people etc and always love the goal celebrations but tbh hotdogs at halftime hold as much interest as the way a game plays out, they're particularily fascinated by the swearing and shouting it has to be said.
I have separated my Scotland games as my 'lads' trips and Hibs as family - totally different experience with kids imo
1st game you took your kids to on 15:59 - Nov 27 with 2012 viewsloftboy

1st game you took your kids to on 14:58 - Nov 27 by thame_hoops

At what age do ou think it's suitable to take a kid? My son is 6 but I think he'd be bored. Do your kids enjoy it or get fidgety?

My 3 eldest were 8 and my other son was 4

1st game you took your kids to on 16:04 - Nov 27 with 2007 viewsfLaMeBoY

Took my eldest daughter (then 4) to Forest at home last year (5-2 win!), then to Wembley! On the back of those two games she now got a season ticket and is dragged along (via the Disney Store in Westfield) in the small hope that she brings a tiny bit of luck!
1st game you took your kids to on 16:23 - Nov 27 with 1988 viewsRs_Holy

took my son to the Palarse 6 - 0 match in 1999... He was 7.

It was the perfect game as a 1st off not just because of the score but also the whole occassion... balloons everywhere before the match, a great atmosphere during and then everyone on the pitch after the final whistle.
1st game you took your kids to on 16:38 - Nov 27 with 1977 viewsDWQPR

Took my daughter to a home game against Walsall in 1999 I believe it was when we beat them 2-1 and Michael Ricketts scored for them. My son's first game was against Wigan a couple of years back when Remy scored a superb goal only for that fool M'bia to give a soft free kick away in injury time and you all know the rest.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

1st game you took your kids to on 17:28 - Nov 27 with 1943 viewslondonscottish

1st game you took your kids to on 14:58 - Nov 27 by thame_hoops

My boy got bored every 10-15 minutes when he was 5 and needed sweets/phone to play with on and off.

My girl first went at 7 and loved it - sat forward watching the whole game.

6 should be OK

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

1st game you took your kids to on 17:48 - Nov 27 with 1932 viewsJuzzie

Stoke at home this season. He was minus 2 weeks old. Does that count?
1st game you took your kids to on 18:23 - Nov 27 with 1924 viewskarl

1st game you took your kids to on 17:48 - Nov 27 by Juzzie

Stoke at home this season. He was minus 2 weeks old. Does that count?

You've done it now, Holloway will be taking vials of his offspring along to games!
1st game you took your kids to on 18:31 - Nov 27 with 1919 viewsloftboy

I missed one of mine out, daughter #3 was at home to Barnsley 5-2

1st game you took your kids to on 19:32 - Nov 27 with 1895 viewsbenbu

Took my eldest daughter to Everton Home in 2012 1-1. She was 2 and half at the time (5 in jan)We scored within 2 minutes scared life out of her but she soon got used to it. Took her to reading and wigan at home that year too all games were 1-1. Following season to 5 championship games and of course the playoff final which she loved. She hasn't seen them lose yet. Took her to villa this season and she loves charlie Austin, well and truly into being a rangers fan now
[Post edited 27 Nov 2014 19:35]
1st game you took your kids to on 19:44 - Nov 27 with 1881 viewsWestonsuperR

QPR 1v1 Burnley, Ainsworth scored our equaliser and their goalkeeper (Jenson) got a load of stick from our fans all second half, many chants including an enquiry as to wether he was the face of pukka pies.
1st game you took your kids to on 19:47 - Nov 27 with 1878 viewsAlbRanger

Took my eldest to the Wycombe game when he had just turned 4 a couple of weeks earlier so I'm putting that at Dec '01/Jan '02 time.

It was the one that got quite feisty and finished 4-3, I think.

My abiding memory is that he found it too loud and wanted to leave at half-time. I made him stay till the bitter end.

I waited a year or two longer with the second one but he's never been into football so don't really remember exactly when that was.
1st game you took your kids to on 20:45 - Nov 27 with 1851 viewsactonman

is it bad that i cant remember either games where i inducted my 2

eldest must have been about 4 or 5 around 2002 and he now hates football (tbh he wasnt that interested then either)

youngest was around the same age (about 2008) and he has had a season ticket next to me ever since.
1st game you took your kids to on 21:55 - Nov 27 with 1819 viewsPunteR

I think my oldest lads first game when he was 8 or 9 was against Scunthorpe, when it was all going badly wrong for us during theBriatore,Ecclestone days and there was a big demo out side SA rd with Rangers fans singing 'we want our Rangers back' There were also fans dressed up as clowns I seem to recall.
My lad was eyeing up clubs like, Arsenal and Chelsea because all his mates were. But I persisted with telling him we will have good times,we were the top London club and we will get back to the prem.
He didn't believe me until we went to the last game of the 10/11 season and lifted the trophy. My proudest QPR moment with my lad. I remember saying to him " I told ya,see I told ya we're a brilliant club to support, remember the bad times, because you enjoy the better times more"..
As for going to Wembley ...!
I don't need to convince him anymore,he love the club.
My work here is done.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

1st game you took your kids to on 22:18 - Nov 27 with 1801 viewsizlingtonhoop

1st game you took your kids to on 18:23 - Nov 27 by karl

You've done it now, Holloway will be taking vials of his offspring along to games!

Let them get over the flu first.
1st game you took your kids to on 22:31 - Nov 27 with 1793 viewsstevec

Took my son to Palace away late 90's, freezing cold, Rangers were terrible and got beat 3 something. He was too young to take it all in and I remember looking at him and thinking is it really fair to put him through the endless disappointment that is QPR.

A couple of years later, a Midweek game at Gillingham the season we went down to league One, he insisted he wanted to go after school and stood behind the goal, down the front, watching a dreadful side that makes you appreciate how far we've come, we somehow won 1-0 having spent 85 minutes in our own half. The moment I could see he was hooked.
1st game you took your kids to on 23:01 - Nov 27 with 1770 viewsCheshireR

Mini Chesh went to his first QPR game at the age of four and a half.
Sheffield Utd away in January 2007.
We lost 2.1 after being 1.0 up. He was hooked from that day - the poor little chap.
I had taken him to a couple of non league games beforehand.
He was bored after 20 minutes of the first game - but then spent the rest of the weekend talking about it.
I only took him to see the R's once I was confident that he would enjoy it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024