Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adel still not fit 12:27 - Nov 27 with 5352 views08olesen

What is going on!

I am huge fan of Adel and think he is incredible to watch, but even the most loyal Adel fan must start to get annoyed now. Even though his wages are not being paid out of our money it is still very difficult to understand why he has no interest in training or playing for us any more.

I dont buy all this BS about his injury either. I think it is time to sell him if anyone wants him. Every week its the same old story in Harrys press conference 'no he hasnt been out there'. Get rid in January, because at the moment he is giving bosingwa a run for his money.. at least he played.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Adel still not fit on 12:29 - Nov 27 with 4262 viewsTacticalR

Don't forget the future burden on the NHS.

Air hostess clique

Adel still not fit on 12:30 - Nov 27 with 4262 viewstraininvain

Redknapp's not going to pick Taarabt so these 'injuries' are simply buying time until the next transfer window when the club will attempt to offload him.
Adel still not fit on 12:31 - Nov 27 with 4251 viewsAntti_Heinola

Adel still not fit on 12:30 - Nov 27 by traininvain

Redknapp's not going to pick Taarabt so these 'injuries' are simply buying time until the next transfer window when the club will attempt to offload him.

exactly. deal probably already done IMO.

Bare bones.

Adel still not fit on 12:38 - Nov 27 with 4219 viewsjohncharles

Typical Redknapp, playing his childish games with OUR football club.

Strong and stable my arse.

Adel still not fit on 12:43 - Nov 27 with 4197 viewsCFW

Adel still not fit on 12:31 - Nov 27 by Antti_Heinola

No deal done - no one wants him. He is gone in the head big time. Has he got talent yes but unfortunately in this modern game you need more and that is where he falls down. He has had his head turned and now he thinks he is some big shot - well wake up Adel you are an also ran along with the rest of talented players who let their career slip past.

One thing I do not understand is how can he get injured doing nothing for the past six months - oh apart from picking up £50 to £60 large per week.

Pay him what we owe him and tell him to fcuk right off - the sooner the better.
Adel still not fit on 12:47 - Nov 27 with 4184 viewsFredManRave

Redknapp said on Thursday: "Adel still isn't fit. He's not training. He's not been out for a while. He's way off fitness still."

What does this actually mean. It's just a shame that he wasn't asked to clarify exactly what the situation is with his fitness and what's being done to get him match fit. Pretty blody obvious question that needed to be asked, surely.

I just find the ambiguity frustrating as it just fuels speculation. A very annoying situation all round.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Adel still not fit on 12:49 - Nov 27 with 4176 viewsdaveB

He hardly trained for months then put the effort in to get a game few weeks back and not surprisingly got injured, now probably can't be arsed so trying to get to January so he can leave.

He's not going to play for us again, it's pathetic between him and Redknapp but no going back now.
Adel still not fit on 12:54 - Nov 27 with 4157 viewsJamie

In fairness, the one armed bandits put a lot of strain on the body.
Login to get fewer ads

Adel still not fit on 13:02 - Nov 27 with 4118 viewsJuzzie

Adel still not fit on 13:04 - Nov 27 with 4108 viewsClive_Anderson

I don't believe a word Harry says about Tarbs after he was caught out lying again last time.
Adel still not fit on 13:04 - Nov 27 with 4108 viewsTGRRRSSS

If it was only Harry to blame then fair enough but given Taarabt was causing chaos even when he was running rings round most of the Championship and Warnock just did whatever he could to keep him as focused as possible and nannied him by giving him the captaincy even though he was never leadership material suggests it's too simply to blame Harry.
We had loads of chances to sell him and havent managed it, didnt do anything at Fulham, AC Milan didnt follow up after last season, even if he did score the odd goal so... eventually you have to say only person to blame is Adel in the end, if he was focused, training and putting it in properly behind the scenes I genuinely think Harry would pick him.
I realise they have previous but Redknapp has often done better than most with the "problem child" players, such as Di Canio for example.

The continiuing failures with Adel mean ultimately his chances of getting anywhere near his potential weaken by the weak.
It may well be he has peaked already as a player,
Adel still not fit on 13:09 - Nov 27 with 4082 viewsClive_Anderson

Adel still not fit on 13:04 - Nov 27 by TGRRRSSS

If it was only Harry to blame then fair enough but given Taarabt was causing chaos even when he was running rings round most of the Championship and Warnock just did whatever he could to keep him as focused as possible and nannied him by giving him the captaincy even though he was never leadership material suggests it's too simply to blame Harry.
We had loads of chances to sell him and havent managed it, didnt do anything at Fulham, AC Milan didnt follow up after last season, even if he did score the odd goal so... eventually you have to say only person to blame is Adel in the end, if he was focused, training and putting it in properly behind the scenes I genuinely think Harry would pick him.
I realise they have previous but Redknapp has often done better than most with the "problem child" players, such as Di Canio for example.

The continiuing failures with Adel mean ultimately his chances of getting anywhere near his potential weaken by the weak.
It may well be he has peaked already as a player,

He has always been great on the pitch and terrible off it.

If the way he was performing in the promotion season was a problem then I'd like to have a lot more problems like that at the club.
Adel still not fit on 13:13 - Nov 27 with 4070 viewsAntti_Heinola

Adel still not fit on 12:43 - Nov 27 by CFW

No deal done - no one wants him. He is gone in the head big time. Has he got talent yes but unfortunately in this modern game you need more and that is where he falls down. He has had his head turned and now he thinks he is some big shot - well wake up Adel you are an also ran along with the rest of talented players who let their career slip past.

One thing I do not understand is how can he get injured doing nothing for the past six months - oh apart from picking up £50 to £60 large per week.

Milan wanted him in the summer, we just wouldn't accept their bid.

Bare bones.

Adel still not fit on 13:20 - Nov 27 with 4050 viewsTGRRRSSS

Adel still not fit on 13:09 - Nov 27 by Clive_Anderson

He has always been great on the pitch and terrible off it.

If the way he was performing in the promotion season was a problem then I'd like to have a lot more problems like that at the club.

Yeah but I think the step up from Champ to Prem demands that much more focus, attention and workrate in everyway. Adel doesn't seem interested in that, and clearly annoyed people then, but who were professional enough to do what they did for the team.
Also whats tolerated by 30 somethings such as Hill, Derry and others back then of a young and petulant 21/22 year old wont be when that person is by now in their mid 20's and should have 200 odd apps in the bank and had been Captain to boot.

Physically speaking it's proven that the older you get the more you need to work hard and look after yourself, Giggs didnt get to 40 behaving even 15% like Adel does.
I also imagine that going to gym twice a week for an hours workout would probably not prepare you in anyway for rigours of Premiership football.
Adel still not fit on 13:25 - Nov 27 with 4036 viewsClive_Anderson

"Yeah but I think the step up from Champ to Prem demands that much more focus, attention and workrate in everyway. "

If he does it on the pitch then I don't really care to be honest. He has performed very well in the Premier League on the whole and is easily good enough for our team at the moment.

Harry needs to stop being so stubborn and give him his chance.
Adel still not fit on 13:28 - Nov 27 with 4019 viewsPinnerPaul

Adel still not fit on 12:31 - Nov 27 by Antti_Heinola

If he WAS fit he would be playing for the U21s and/or Morocco.
Adel still not fit on 13:29 - Nov 27 with 4013 viewsjohncharles

Adel still not fit on 13:20 - Nov 27 by TGRRRSSS

Yeah but I think the step up from Champ to Prem demands that much more focus, attention and workrate in everyway. Adel doesn't seem interested in that, and clearly annoyed people then, but who were professional enough to do what they did for the team.
Also whats tolerated by 30 somethings such as Hill, Derry and others back then of a young and petulant 21/22 year old wont be when that person is by now in their mid 20's and should have 200 odd apps in the bank and had been Captain to boot.

Physically speaking it's proven that the older you get the more you need to work hard and look after yourself, Giggs didnt get to 40 behaving even 15% like Adel does.
I also imagine that going to gym twice a week for an hours workout would probably not prepare you in anyway for rigours of Premiership football.

How about the step up to Serie A with AC Milan ? That didn't seem to faze him.

Strong and stable my arse.

Adel still not fit on 13:53 - Nov 27 with 3966 viewstraininvain

Adel still not fit on 12:43 - Nov 27 by CFW

No one wants him... sounds like a load of bollocks to me.
Adel still not fit on 14:02 - Nov 27 with 3946 viewsClive_Anderson

Adel still not fit on 13:29 - Nov 27 by johncharles

How about the step up to Serie A with AC Milan ? That didn't seem to faze him.

AC Milan suddenly went from one of Europe's biggest teams to the equivalent to the Championship when he went there and did well apparently.
Adel still not fit on 14:03 - Nov 27 with 3939 viewsLewes_r

I think you need to work hard and be very fit in a struggling prem team that doesnt have the quality to keep the ball through passing for long periods. He is gifted but is an unfit luxury we cant carry presently

we arent as dominant as AC milan so he wouldnt be able to switch off for 1 second. we could be 2 down in the space of the start and end of a mini strop
[Post edited 27 Nov 2014 14:07]

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Adel still not fit on 14:05 - Nov 27 with 3934 viewsClive_Anderson

Tarbs doesn't bother on the training ground, whereas Fer merely doesn't bother on the pitch.

I know which one I'd pick to play.
Adel still not fit on 14:11 - Nov 27 with 3917 viewsJamie

Adel still not fit on 14:05 - Nov 27 by Clive_Anderson

Tarbs doesn't bother on the training ground, whereas Fer merely doesn't bother on the pitch.

I know which one I'd pick to play.

Agree, the one who trains hard but is in poor form every time.
Adel still not fit on 14:12 - Nov 27 with 3916 viewsBrightonhoop

Seedorf wanted him at AC Milan,but the bid of 3 Mil Euros, about £2.5 Mil, 40% of which was due to Spurs, was too low. Milan are in no financial shape to up that bid. Maybe Arry still saw a future for him at that time, because getting him out and off the wage bill would have freed money elsewhere.
Which invites us all to speculate, no injury has been defined, so it's reasonable to consider Adel remains unfit or would be out with the U21's/Morrocco. If he wants to put himself in the window, with 5 weeks to January, he should be approaching peak fitness levels. It's impossible to respect his actions, or lack of them from a Cub perspective and for the terrible waste of his own talent. Bloke needs a shrink basically.
Adel still not fit on 14:18 - Nov 27 with 3906 viewsNorthernr

Adel's not interested in playing for us, Harry isn't interested in picking Adel. He's no more injured than I am.
Adel still not fit on 14:26 - Nov 27 with 3889 viewstraininvain

Adel still not fit on 14:18 - Nov 27 by Northernr

Adel's not interested in playing for us, Harry isn't interested in picking Adel. He's no more injured than I am.

Adel's not interested in playing for Redknapp. Hardly surprising given their history. Redknapp's made it very clear that Adel's not in his plans so why would he bother trying to get a game for the U21's?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024