Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andros Townsend 20:22 - Nov 27 with 2663 viewsbosh67

Not in the team for Spurs tonight and seems to rarely get a chance at the moment. For a player who looked so promising here and for England it seems strange that even though he has had some injuries he does seem to have fallen down the pecking order.

Would love to get him back on loan in the next window. He shone with us and as is the case with some players, I get the feeling that he would shine again in hoops.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Andros Townsend on 20:27 - Nov 27 with 1890 viewsTacticalR

Isn't there an FA rule about how many Spurs players are allowed in your squad?
[Post edited 27 Nov 2014 21:25]

Air hostess clique

Andros Townsend on 20:31 - Nov 27 with 1879 viewsCiderwithRsie

Yeah, he really looked the business for us and even more so when he first got into the England team.

Getting him back in if he could replicate that form would solve a few problems. Assuming he was played on the wing and not as full back or centre forward or something daft.

I think loan would be the better option than purchase mind. When promising young players go off the boil it sometimes comes down to character. Remember how Cranie looked a future international?
Andros Townsend on 20:36 - Nov 27 with 1867 viewsJamie

One of the most average players to ever play for England.
Andros Townsend on 20:47 - Nov 27 with 1838 viewsactonman

the qpr curse rubbed off on him now
Andros Townsend on 21:23 - Nov 27 with 1754 viewsderbyhoop

Andros Townsend on 20:36 - Nov 27 by Jamie

as opposed to Shite Phillips who has 35 caps????

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Andros Townsend on 21:37 - Nov 27 with 1720 viewsBrazilNutR

I saw on a Spurs post recently about a player swap for a Southampton player... was being touted Andros and Kane for the southampton player... and it seemed like the spurs fans were offering to walk Townsend to southampton and more than happy for him to be gone...Kane on the other hand they didn't want to go.
I think he was quite limited, and not certainly wouldn't want QPR to be breaking the bank for him if he was to come..
Andros Townsend on 22:43 - Nov 27 with 1639 viewsPunteR

I'd take Townsend in a flash. Great player,that's probably raised high expectations. I obviously don't watch him week in and out but the games I've seen him in, he's always causing defenses problems . Good crosser as well,which we need.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Andros Townsend on 23:48 - Nov 27 with 1573 viewsMarc

Andros Townsend on 22:43 - Nov 27 by PunteR

I'd take Townsend in a flash. Great player,that's probably raised high expectations. I obviously don't watch him week in and out but the games I've seen him in, he's always causing defenses problems . Good crosser as well,which we need.

Far from a great player but more than good enough for us.

Got a feeling we will end up with Lennon though.
Login to get fewer ads

Andros Townsend on 01:56 - Nov 28 with 1512 viewsSonofNorfolt

Don't you get the feeling that after an initial good start, he would soon become a figure of derision?
Andros Townsend on 07:43 - Nov 28 with 1470 viewsPommyhoop

Andros Townsend on 20:36 - Nov 27 by Jamie

Agree.
One trick pony who has got the bollx to shoot(alot) .One screamer went in ,alot didn't.
We were desperate for someone who gave a toss and would have a go back then .He did and we lapped it up. I was never overly impressed with him tho tbh...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Andros Townsend on 08:57 - Nov 28 with 1415 viewsHayesender

Any defender worth his salt should have him worked out before the game.

One of the biggest examples of a one trick pony you could wish to see

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Andros Townsend on 09:11 - Nov 28 with 1395 viewsbosh67

Amazed at the level of doubt about Townsend on this thread. He was excellent here and in the few games he's played for Spurs in Europe he's torn most defences a new one.

Would I prefer to see Townsend or Ferr at the moment in the starting 11? Townsend every time.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Andros Townsend on 09:36 - Nov 28 with 1372 viewsJeff

Andros Townsend on 09:11 - Nov 28 by bosh67

Amazed at the level of doubt about Townsend on this thread. He was excellent here and in the few games he's played for Spurs in Europe he's torn most defences a new one.

Would I prefer to see Townsend or Ferr at the moment in the starting 11? Townsend every time.

Well yes, but what you're doing there is spending £8m again (Townsend won't come cheap) to replace an £8m problem that you caused by playing a No 10 wide left.

Townsend was a breath of fresh air for us last time out, but much of that was because he 'came of age' with us - what is this direct running and shooting sorcery?

Since then, he absolutely has been found out. He has no, for want of a better word, guile. For the money he'll cost, there are better options available. (the best one of course, it to not spend the money full stop, but chance'll be a fine thing...)

Can we not knock it?

Andros Townsend on 09:43 - Nov 28 with 1358 viewsfrancisbowles

Considering we played him on the right and he is left footed, he did pretty well in most of his games for us. He is limited but does have lots of pace which should be an asset to counter in away games.

I would love to see him here again in our problem wide left position but can't see Spurs letting him go, especially as they are still in the Europa League. He is usually a good impact player for them whe he does comes on.
Andros Townsend on 10:29 - Nov 28 with 1322 viewsPinnerPaul

Andros Townsend on 09:43 - Nov 28 by francisbowles

Considering we played him on the right and he is left footed, he did pretty well in most of his games for us. He is limited but does have lots of pace which should be an asset to counter in away games.

I would love to see him here again in our problem wide left position but can't see Spurs letting him go, especially as they are still in the Europa League. He is usually a good impact player for them whe he does comes on.

Spot on
Andros Townsend on 10:31 - Nov 28 with 1320 viewsAntti_Heinola

There's doubt about Townsend because his end product is absolutely dire - and actually it was for us too, but everyone was so excited about him showing a bit of passion and having a bit of pace that many didn't notice. Can't shoot, can't cross. Championship player.

Bare bones.

Andros Townsend on 10:33 - Nov 28 with 1319 viewsPommyhoop

Andros Townsend on 10:29 - Nov 28 by PinnerPaul

Spot on

He's nowhere near worth the 8 mill plus Levy will 'squeeze' out of H.
I inverted the commas on 'squeeze' because H will have probably convinced Tone that Andros is worth 10 at least.

Andros Townsend on 11:02 - Nov 28 with 1280 viewshoof_hearted

We lack pace.

We lack anyone with a decent shot from distance.

He was our best player when we were bottom of the league last time for several games but I realise that we are so much better now that we are...oh, bottom of the league...

£8m for a young England capped player would be sensible spending. Easily get the money back if we get relegated.
Andros Townsend on 11:03 - Nov 28 with 1280 viewspaulparker

Any chance our recruitment could come anywhere bar Tottenham fcuking Hotspurs
Townsend is ok, but he is injury prone FFS
the thought of Daniel Levy doing us over for another 8 million on a crock doesn't bear thinking about
hey here is a wacky idea how about we coach Phillips into being a winger , you know he is fast , young and has potential or shell we sell him to Palace for a million instead

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Andros Townsend on 11:09 - Nov 28 with 1273 viewsPinnerPaul

Andros Townsend on 11:03 - Nov 28 by paulparker

Any chance our recruitment could come anywhere bar Tottenham fcuking Hotspurs
Townsend is ok, but he is injury prone FFS
the thought of Daniel Levy doing us over for another 8 million on a crock doesn't bear thinking about
hey here is a wacky idea how about we coach Phillips into being a winger , you know he is fast , young and has potential or shell we sell him to Palace for a million instead

Don't think the Chile boys have ever appeared for the Spurs
Andros Townsend on 11:11 - Nov 28 with 1271 viewsAntti_Heinola

Andros Townsend on 11:02 - Nov 28 by hoof_hearted

We lack pace.

We lack anyone with a decent shot from distance.

He was our best player when we were bottom of the league last time for several games but I realise that we are so much better now that we are...oh, bottom of the league...

£8m for a young England capped player would be sensible spending. Easily get the money back if we get relegated.

decent shot from distance? one league goal since the start of last season.
Which was a cross.

Bare bones.

Andros Townsend on 11:12 - Nov 28 with 1269 viewshoof_hearted

I'm thinking of him playing for us and for England. Haven't got a clue about Spurs this year - he's hardly played a full game, has he?
Andros Townsend on 11:21 - Nov 28 with 1254 viewsToast_R

Personally whenever I've seen him I've thought he was quality. Drives at defenders which is something QPR simply don't have the ability to do at the moment other then Vargas, and we've seen what a difference he makes.

To say Townsend isn't good enough for QPR and can't shoot? I find that odd considering the goals he's got.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2014 11:22]
Andros Townsend on 11:21 - Nov 28 with 1252 viewspaulparker

Andros Townsend on 11:09 - Nov 28 by PinnerPaul

Don't think the Chile boys have ever appeared for the Spurs

no but funny enough the following have

Redcrapp himself
Bondy Bond
Joe Jordon
Chris Ramsey
sir les
Jermaine Jenas
BAE
Sandro - 6-10 million keep repeating that pinner , a wonderful bit of business that
Caulker
Tom Carroll

we are also linked with Lennon, & Defoe ,
now I don't mind Townsend but we don't need to be paying around 8 million on a bloke who is always injured ,
there's a big world out there lets scout it or we coach Phillips & Hoilett

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Andros Townsend on 11:26 - Nov 28 with 1239 viewsPommyhoop

Andros Townsend on 11:21 - Nov 28 by paulparker

no but funny enough the following have

Redcrapp himself
Bondy Bond
Joe Jordon
Chris Ramsey
sir les
Jermaine Jenas
BAE
Sandro - 6-10 million keep repeating that pinner , a wonderful bit of business that
Caulker
Tom Carroll

we are also linked with Lennon, & Defoe ,
now I don't mind Townsend but we don't need to be paying around 8 million on a bloke who is always injured ,
there's a big world out there lets scout it or we coach Phillips & Hoilett

And these training tops.

Just saying like..

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024