Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would anyone mind 21:47 - Dec 1 with 2620 viewsCFW

Would anyone mind if I dedicate Saturday's win to my late Mother in Law. She was no QPR fan or knew anything whatsoever about the game but she knew and appreciate how much the team means to me. I spent Saturday following the match through the LFW match thread whist siting with her and my wife watching he slowly pass away with colon cancer.

She was 87 so I am not saying its tragic or anything like that, she has had a good life but watching her slowly slip away during the past three days and nights. She lost her life at 6.15 this evening and has my total respect. Never once did she moan or complain in the five months it has taken from diagnosis to death. RIP Mum we all live you.
Would anyone mind on 21:51 - Dec 1 with 1991 viewsflynnbo

RIP
Would anyone mind on 22:27 - Dec 1 with 1941 viewsdanehoop

RIP

Never knowingly understood

Would anyone mind on 22:30 - Dec 1 with 1926 viewsbosh67

RIP

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Would anyone mind on 22:39 - Dec 1 with 1909 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

RIP & my sympathies to you and yours CFW.
Would anyone mind on 23:29 - Dec 1 with 1840 viewskingsburyR

R.I.P.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Would anyone mind on 08:37 - Dec 2 with 1768 viewsDiscodroids

very sorry to hear of your loss mate.

RIP.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Would anyone mind on 08:58 - Dec 2 with 1744 viewsHantsR

Been in a very similar position myself mate. In my case I was following the LFW match fred of the 4-1 defeat by Scunthorpe, which didn't help at all.
Condolences to all. RIP
Would anyone mind on 09:21 - Dec 2 with 1725 viewswestberksr

RIP mate, condolences to all concerned.
Login to get fewer ads

Would anyone mind on 08:05 - Nov 30 with 1480 viewsCFW

You will see from the opening post almost a year to the day I posted about dedicating a win to my Mother-in-Law. On Saturday I was trying to follow the game whilst sitting holding my Dad's hand as he laid in bed at a Hospice in Havering-atte-Bower.

Sadly my Dad passed away late yesterday afternoon. Whilst my Mother in Law knew nothing a bout football my Dad did and he was a life long Gooner (being taken there by his dad when he was 4 years old). My love affair with the Hoops was down to my Dad - he and my Mum were close friends of Les Allen (and his wife Pat) as they lived
just a few doors away from us. Once Les was transferred to Rangers in the early sixties my Dad used to drive him (along with me) to all the home games and a few away as well.

We always stayed after the match and had a drink with the players in a small bar underneath the stand. At that point Rangers were a Third Division team and were no more than a small, very friendly team of players just wanting to do well.

The rest as they say is history but those great Saturday afternoons with my Dad and Les on the way home discussing the game will stay with me for life. We also enjoyed the League Cup victory and even though I was not that old at the time I can still remember those years very well.

Hoping that Les & Pat will be able to attend the funeral - can talk about me playing football with a very small Clive in our back garden. So I intend to dedicate the Win against Leeds on Saturday to my wonderful dad, he would have liked that because like most people he did not like Leeds!!!!

RIP Dad - glad I was able to tell you how much I loved you at the end.
Would anyone mind on 08:14 - Nov 30 with 1458 viewsDiscodroids

Im so sorry to hear about your Dad my friend.

RIP, and god bless you.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Would anyone mind on 08:30 - Nov 30 with 1436 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Sorry to hear that mate.
Would anyone mind on 08:30 - Nov 30 with 1436 viewspaulparker

Lovely story about your Dad, CFW , I had a little tear in my eye reading that

RIP

wouldn't It be great to go back to a simpler time in life when football was not a PR hype machine as it is today with players mixing with fans, cheap entry, and the only coverage being the 4.45 round up on Grandstand & MOTD

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Would anyone mind on 08:34 - Nov 30 with 1431 viewsPunteR

Sorry to hear that mate.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Would anyone mind on 08:45 - Nov 30 with 1410 viewsDorse

Hard to know what to say at times like these except that we're all thinking of you and yours.

God bless.

D

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Would anyone mind on 09:14 - Nov 30 with 1376 viewsMvpeter

Sorry to hear that mate RIP

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Would anyone mind on 09:16 - Nov 30 with 1370 viewsisawqpratwcity

RIP, and my condolences.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Would anyone mind on 09:18 - Nov 30 with 1370 viewsjonno

Would anyone mind on 08:05 - Nov 30 by CFW

You will see from the opening post almost a year to the day I posted about dedicating a win to my Mother-in-Law. On Saturday I was trying to follow the game whilst sitting holding my Dad's hand as he laid in bed at a Hospice in Havering-atte-Bower.

Sadly my Dad passed away late yesterday afternoon. Whilst my Mother in Law knew nothing a bout football my Dad did and he was a life long Gooner (being taken there by his dad when he was 4 years old). My love affair with the Hoops was down to my Dad - he and my Mum were close friends of Les Allen (and his wife Pat) as they lived
just a few doors away from us. Once Les was transferred to Rangers in the early sixties my Dad used to drive him (along with me) to all the home games and a few away as well.

We always stayed after the match and had a drink with the players in a small bar underneath the stand. At that point Rangers were a Third Division team and were no more than a small, very friendly team of players just wanting to do well.

The rest as they say is history but those great Saturday afternoons with my Dad and Les on the way home discussing the game will stay with me for life. We also enjoyed the League Cup victory and even though I was not that old at the time I can still remember those years very well.

Hoping that Les & Pat will be able to attend the funeral - can talk about me playing football with a very small Clive in our back garden. So I intend to dedicate the Win against Leeds on Saturday to my wonderful dad, he would have liked that because like most people he did not like Leeds!!!!

Sorry to hear that about your Dad mate - RIP.
My wife's parents were also friends of the Allens - they lived in Hornchurch and my missus was in the same class as Clive at school. Her mother worked at the school and later on used to look after Bradley. They also knew the Roeders as well!
Best wishes to you.
Would anyone mind on 10:46 - Nov 30 with 1312 viewsfrancisbowles

RIP Clearly a very sad and difficult time for you and yours. I hope the three points brought a little joy into your lives.
Would anyone mind on 11:29 - Nov 30 with 1276 viewsnix

What a lovely post. RIP your dad. Look after yourself too.
Would anyone mind on 12:07 - Nov 30 with 1241 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

My Condolences mate. Touching post.
Would anyone mind on 12:27 - Nov 30 with 1222 viewswestberksr

RIP to your father & condolences to you and your family.

sounds like there are lots of great memories and stories to keep you going as you hopefully remember the good times.
Would anyone mind on 13:39 - Nov 30 with 1150 viewsSimonJames

Sincere condolences, best wishes to you and your family at this sad time.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Would anyone mind on 14:16 - Nov 30 with 1104 viewsSnipper

Would anyone mind on 08:05 - Nov 30 by CFW

Very touching post CFW.

Sincere condolences and may your dad rest in peace.
Would anyone mind on 14:21 - Nov 30 with 1094 viewsWilloW4

Would anyone mind on 11:29 - Nov 30 by nix

What a lovely post. RIP your dad. Look after yourself too.

Condolences to you and your family, as Nix says, important to look after yourself. All the best.
Would anyone mind on 14:32 - Nov 30 with 1082 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sorry to hear of your loss, CFW. Lovely post and lovely memories. My thoughts are with you and yours.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam uasal. RIP.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024