Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would anyone mind 21:47 - Dec 1 with 2621 viewsCFW

Would anyone mind if I dedicate Saturday's win to my late Mother in Law. She was no QPR fan or knew anything whatsoever about the game but she knew and appreciate how much the team means to me. I spent Saturday following the match through the LFW match thread whist siting with her and my wife watching he slowly pass away with colon cancer.

She was 87 so I am not saying its tragic or anything like that, she has had a good life but watching her slowly slip away during the past three days and nights. She lost her life at 6.15 this evening and has my total respect. Never once did she moan or complain in the five months it has taken from diagnosis to death. RIP Mum we all live you.
Would anyone mind on 15:00 - Nov 30 with 645 viewsBklynRanger

Very sorry about your dad, CFW. RIP.
Would anyone mind on 16:17 - Nov 30 with 626 viewsHendonHoop

My thoughts are with you and your Family at this very sad time.
Would anyone mind on 21:24 - Nov 30 with 589 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

RIP to your father and mother in law my friend, I wish you and your family the very best.
Would anyone mind on 21:32 - Nov 30 with 586 viewsMonahoop

Condolences and stay strong CFW.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Would anyone mind on 21:38 - Nov 30 with 582 viewsflynnbo

A lovely story and you have my condolences. Stay strong. RIP.
Would anyone mind on 00:49 - Dec 1 with 550 viewsbacardiinbrissie

Sorry to hear about both your loses made. Please accept my condolences from us over here. RIP
Would anyone mind on 08:30 - Dec 1 with 509 viewsbarabajagal

Condolences to you and your family.
Would anyone mind on 08:47 - Dec 1 with 506 viewsade_qpr

Would anyone mind on 08:05 - Nov 30 by CFW

You will see from the opening post almost a year to the day I posted about dedicating a win to my Mother-in-Law. On Saturday I was trying to follow the game whilst sitting holding my Dad's hand as he laid in bed at a Hospice in Havering-atte-Bower.

Sadly my Dad passed away late yesterday afternoon. Whilst my Mother in Law knew nothing a bout football my Dad did and he was a life long Gooner (being taken there by his dad when he was 4 years old). My love affair with the Hoops was down to my Dad - he and my Mum were close friends of Les Allen (and his wife Pat) as they lived
just a few doors away from us. Once Les was transferred to Rangers in the early sixties my Dad used to drive him (along with me) to all the home games and a few away as well.

We always stayed after the match and had a drink with the players in a small bar underneath the stand. At that point Rangers were a Third Division team and were no more than a small, very friendly team of players just wanting to do well.

The rest as they say is history but those great Saturday afternoons with my Dad and Les on the way home discussing the game will stay with me for life. We also enjoyed the League Cup victory and even though I was not that old at the time I can still remember those years very well.

Hoping that Les & Pat will be able to attend the funeral - can talk about me playing football with a very small Clive in our back garden. So I intend to dedicate the Win against Leeds on Saturday to my wonderful dad, he would have liked that because like most people he did not like Leeds!!!!

RIP Dad - glad I was able to tell you how much I loved you at the end.

Dad's can be wonderful people. Indirectly he was responsible for me supporting the R's.
So glad you had the chance at the end to say you loved him.
RIP, all the best CFW and keep those great memories of him alive.

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024