Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Faurlin 12:20 - Dec 4 with 2851 viewsWokingR

The longer this goes on the more disappointed I am getting with the club for the complete lack of any information they are providing.
He is, maybe with the exception of Adel, our longest serving player and by a long way everyones favourite. Clive has even threatened to dry hump his leg for gods sake there is so much manlove for him and yet there has not been a single update, article or even a mention of him since his injury.
Come on, I know you read this. Let us have something please.
Faurlin on 12:24 - Dec 4 with 2826 viewsnadera78

I saw him in Westfield a couple of weeks back, with his family. He had a bit of a limp. That is all.
Faurlin on 12:24 - Dec 4 with 2820 viewsNorthernr

Who said anything about 'dry' ?
Faurlin on 12:28 - Dec 4 with 2784 viewssimmo

I don't know what you want the club to do about it. He's injured, at the stage of rehab where he needs to recover before the proper physio starts. There's not much they can tell us. He's months and months away

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Faurlin on 12:31 - Dec 4 with 2765 viewsJeff

There is of course a flip side to this - Faurlin himself hasn't really tweeted since the accident, and certainly hasn't acknowledged it, or given an update on how things are going.

it may be the case that Faurlin has asked for radio silence, allowing him to start surgery, and rehab, and then make a decision about his future - retirement a very strong possibility.

the last thing that anyone wants is months of hype surrounding how well everything is going followed by a horrible anti climax when he has to retire...

Can we not knock it?

Faurlin on 12:33 - Dec 4 with 2742 viewsGaztastic

Last injury there was lots of stuff organised by the Media team - a card of twitter best wishes etc - not to mention the shirt held up by JB. This time - nothing. Can't be arsed or hoping we forget he exists before he gets 'let go'....?? Maybe he will be #1 on the Advent Calendar they are doing....
Faurlin on 12:43 - Dec 4 with 2693 viewsTacticalR

I think he's had it as a player. I hope he can get a job as a coach with us and get some of his vision across to younger players.

Air hostess clique

Faurlin on 13:42 - Dec 4 with 2511 viewsPinnerPaul

Quiet day obviously!
Faurlin on 14:04 - Dec 4 with 2446 viewsJamie

As said, last thing the poor guy needs is constant reminders on the offish. Been a great player for us and a lovely guy, let him announce his retirement in his own time.
Login to get fewer ads

Faurlin on 14:05 - Dec 4 with 2440 viewsdaveB

What are they supposed to say, he's out for a year, nothing has changed
Faurlin on 14:15 - Dec 4 with 2414 viewsWokingR

Faurlin on 14:05 - Dec 4 by daveB

What are they supposed to say, he's out for a year, nothing has changed

As I said, just an update would be nice.
Last time we had pictures from his hospital bed telling us that the surgery had all gone well. As a result, he was inundated with fans wishes.
He must be absolutely gutted and to know that the fans are thinking of him and are right behind him can only help.
This time nothing.
It would be nice to know that the club were in contact and/or doing something for him and that he hasn't just been forgotten.
Faurlin on 14:19 - Dec 4 with 2392 viewssimmo

According to his Instagram he's training to be a Barista.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Faurlin on 15:05 - Dec 4 with 2315 viewsWokingR

Faurlin on 14:19 - Dec 4 by simmo

According to his Instagram he's training to be a Barista.

Faurlin on 16:40 - Dec 4 with 2204 viewswhittocksRs

Not entirely sure why people think he's finished as a footballer when he comes back. He never had any pace, as it's not really required for his style of play. The knee, of course, is weak, but Shearer had at least two bad breaks and came back fine each time.

There was a good podcast on the other week where a few trainers and journos were talking about how you could have unlimited ACLs and come back every time — the real issues being the amount of time they take to heal and the pace it takes away — and that ankle injuries a la the ones Wilshire gets are much more dangerous to a player's long-term prospects.
Faurlin on 17:22 - Dec 4 with 2121 viewsRed_Ranger

I saw him last night in his Panamera, so he's def alive.
Faurlin on 17:52 - Dec 4 with 2057 viewsJamie

Faurlin on 16:40 - Dec 4 by whittocksRs

Not entirely sure why people think he's finished as a footballer when he comes back. He never had any pace, as it's not really required for his style of play. The knee, of course, is weak, but Shearer had at least two bad breaks and came back fine each time.

There was a good podcast on the other week where a few trainers and journos were talking about how you could have unlimited ACLs and come back every time — the real issues being the amount of time they take to heal and the pace it takes away — and that ankle injuries a la the ones Wilshire gets are much more dangerous to a player's long-term prospects.

Because unfortunately football is a business, not a charity. He has suffered 3 ACLs in 3 years. The chances of him going another 4/5 years without one are unfortunately very slim.

The questions after that are twofold, who at any sort of level is going to give him a contract after 3 consecutive ACLs, and would Faurlin really want to go cap in hand seeking a contract somewhere and also the risk of another physically and mentally painful recovery.
Faurlin on 17:57 - Dec 4 with 2047 viewswhittocksRs

Faurlin on 17:52 - Dec 4 by Jamie

Because unfortunately football is a business, not a charity. He has suffered 3 ACLs in 3 years. The chances of him going another 4/5 years without one are unfortunately very slim.

The questions after that are twofold, who at any sort of level is going to give him a contract after 3 consecutive ACLs, and would Faurlin really want to go cap in hand seeking a contract somewhere and also the risk of another physically and mentally painful recovery.

If we release him, he will get another contract somewhere else, guaranteed.
Faurlin on 18:48 - Dec 4 with 1993 viewspomanjou

So be it. But we should not be offering a contract. It would be very businesslike. Damaged goods.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Faurlin on 20:11 - Dec 4 with 1846 viewsHollowayRanger

pay as you play deal only with bonus for playing set amount of games

1 acl is unlucky
2 acl's real bad luck
3 acl's just plane jinxed

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Faurlin on 01:43 - Dec 5 with 1620 viewsPunteR

He will be a QPR legend for years. He was my 13 year old lads favourite player.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Faurlin on 01:44 - Dec 5 with 1620 viewsSonofNorfolt

Three cruciate injuries. Left, right and left again I think.
The last at Burton, was from nothing, and was a repeat of the original.
Much as I'd love him to be 100% again, I don't even think he has an outside chance.
Ale and Adel were the best two Championship players of 2010-11, and he was superb the next season until that injury at MK.
The month before Warnock's ridiculous criticism of him against WBA, ultimately cost him the dressing room and his job.
A nice bloke too. Still, he's well off, and alive which is more than someone like Duncan Edwards, (apparently brilliant) could not achieve.
Faurlin on 11:35 - Dec 5 with 1504 viewswhittocksRs

Faurlin on 20:11 - Dec 4 by HollowayRanger

1 acl is unlucky
2 acl's real bad luck

This.
Faurlin on 11:57 - Dec 5 with 1466 viewsToast_R

To be honest I think the club should just let him get on with it. Must be a serious battle mentally to have to go through all that again for a third time with the feeling that at the end of it, it could all be for nothing again. I doubt he would want pictures him in a bed with his leg in a cast or whatever method of medicine is required for such an injury.

Remember the Rowan Vine injury where the club were showing all these graphic video methods of how they are going to heal the his leg, no cast and all this bollocks. His leg was practically still hanging off. Career f*cked.
Faurlin on 12:08 - Dec 5 with 1446 viewsJamie

Faurlin on 17:57 - Dec 4 by whittocksRs

If we release him, he will get another contract somewhere else, guaranteed.

But it would almost certainly be pay as you play and definitely not at PL level. Will Faurlin really want to drop down the divisions to play for a short while longer?

One of many questions he must be pondering during his painful rehab and a good reason for the lack of updates.
Faurlin on 12:34 - Dec 5 with 1415 viewsTacticalR

Faurlin on 20:11 - Dec 4 by HollowayRanger

1 acl is unlucky
2 acl's real bad luck

It's not simply bad luck to have more than one ACL injury. Having had a previous ACL tear is a risk factor for future ACL injuries: 'if you've torn your ACL before, you are at a higher risk of tearing it again, or of injuring the other knee.'

The ACL Solution: Prevention and Recovery for Sports' Most Devastating Knee Injury
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/95706/the-acl-solu

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024