Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amir Khan 05:21 - Dec 14 with 3330 viewsQPR1882

How easy was that

Amir Khan on 09:26 - Dec 14 with 2424 viewsDorse

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Amir Khan on 11:58 - Dec 14 with 2307 viewsingeminate

He looked v v good. Could hear hunter screaming focus focus focus even in round 11.
Fancy him to beat maya weather, but conversely think brooks will have his number, good fights coming up.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Amir Khan on 15:46 - Dec 14 with 2196 viewsBromleyHoop

In complete contrast to Alexander's trainer who didn't seem to impart any kind of game plan, or change of tactic despite it being obvious his man was losing. The most amazing though was that he didn't even realise it was about to be the last round when he was giving Alexander a pep talk. Seemed like an amateur to me. Khan did look very good.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Amir Khan on 19:23 - Dec 14 with 2094 viewsRangersAreBack

Amir Khan on 11:58 - Dec 14 by ingeminate

He looked v v good. Could hear hunter screaming focus focus focus even in round 11.
Fancy him to beat maya weather, but conversely think brooks will have his number, good fights coming up.

Just can't see that happening. Sure he looked pretty good but he's not in Mayweather's class.
Amir Khan on 19:34 - Dec 14 with 2091 viewsWeaverQPR

Like to see him have a scrap with Kell Brook

@WeavQPR

Amir Khan on 19:46 - Dec 14 with 2074 viewshoopdog

Amir Khan on 19:34 - Dec 14 by WeaverQPR

Like to see him have a scrap with Kell Brook

Yeah but I dont think he would
[Post edited 15 Dec 2014 15:53]
Amir Khan on 19:56 - Dec 14 with 2059 viewsTheBlob

Wish he wouldn't keep referring to himself in the third person.
Blob hates this.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Amir Khan on 09:53 - Dec 15 with 1907 viewssimmo

He's such a tool but he's got ability, he beat a good opponent on Saturday and he deserves a chance to step up. Personally I would rather see Manny v Mayweather but I think Khans speed could cause real problems

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

Amir Khan on 09:59 - Dec 15 with 1902 viewspaulparker

no way would he beat Mayweather , Khans chin is made of glass,
would be a decent scrap though him and Brook and I think brook would beat him

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Amir Khan on 10:41 - Dec 15 with 1883 viewssimmo

Amir Khan on 09:59 - Dec 15 by paulparker

Yeah but Mayweather couldn't knock my 7 year old out, his game is all about running away from people and counter punching with point scoring hits. Khan though is quick, very quick, so he might be able to test Mayweathers defences. I still think he will lose but I think his style would make it interesting.

Amir Khan on 14:13 - Dec 15 with 1829 viewssupahoopsa

Amir Khan on 10:41 - Dec 15 by simmo

Yeah but Mayweather couldn't knock my 7 year old out, his game is all about running away from people and counter punching with point scoring hits. Khan though is quick, very quick, so he might be able to test Mayweathers defences. I still think he will lose but I think his style would make it interesting.

Tell that to Ricky Hatton

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

Amir Khan on 14:18 - Dec 15 with 1822 viewsingeminate

Amir Khan on 14:13 - Dec 15 by supahoopsa

Tell that to Ricky Hatton

That was a while ago, Simmo bang on right.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Amir Khan on 14:28 - Dec 15 with 1806 viewsDixie_CT

We all know Mayweather is a counter puncher and IMO his defence is the best that the sport has ever seen. If you can't get tagged it's pretty hard to lose.

If Khan's speed can cause Mayweather issues then it should make for an intriging and close fight. Mayweather can deal quite easily with power but speed may be more of a challlenge as he ages.

Khan doesn't have a glass jaw as his fight with Madina proved. He does have a loose mind though and can be rattled. This attributed to his losses to both Prescott and Garcia and the loss to Peterson was a farce.Training under Roach and Hunter has improved him to world class level and Khan does deserve respect.

I think the route should be Mayweather v Pacquico/Khan v Brook in May, then if they both win a meeting in Vegas in September. Politics will win out and I do suspect Floyd may want to duck Khan, literally.
Amir Khan on 14:29 - Dec 15 with 1801 viewssimmo

Amir Khan on 14:18 - Dec 15 by ingeminate

It's also because I don;t think anybody could knock my 7 year old out. His head is made of granite.

Amir Khan on 15:50 - Dec 15 with 1750 viewshoopdog

Amir Khan on 09:59 - Dec 15 by paulparker

Agree but I dont think he wants any part of Brook
Amir Khan on 16:04 - Dec 15 with 1729 viewspaulparker

Amir Khan on 15:50 - Dec 15 by hoopdog

Agree but I dont think he wants any part of Brook

Agreed I don't think he wants any part of Brook either ,
shame as it would be an intriguing fight , promoters should be doing whatever they can to make this happen next summer
Brook can mix it where IMHO Khan although quick in hand speed lacks the discipline to see a fight out and has a suspect jaw

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Amir Khan on 16:15 - Dec 15 with 1719 viewsWeaverQPR

Would anyone back deGale to beat Froch?

@WeavQPR

Amir Khan on 16:20 - Dec 15 with 1711 viewspaulparker

Amir Khan on 16:15 - Dec 15 by WeaverQPR

Depends on what night he catches froch on Weaver ,
De Gale has improved since losing to Groves, and I can see chunky getting a world title before groves does , if anyone can give Froch a good fight it may be De gale and I wouldn't brt against him causing an upset but he needs to step up and fight someone like Kessler (on the way down but still a name) before he takes on the cobra

Amir Khan on 16:22 - Dec 15 with 1706 viewsWeaverQPR

Ive only followed degale career loosely but i didnt think he was anywhere near Froch level yet. Not sure Froch would entertain degale i always thought he would fight Andre Ward again then retire

@WeavQPR

Amir Khan on 16:23 - Dec 15 with 1701 viewssimmo

Amir Khan on 16:15 - Dec 15 by WeaverQPR

No. Even at this age Froch is a class apart, he got complacent in his first fight with Groves, he won't make the same mistake again, although he doesn't want either if it's not in Vegas. DeGale for me is better than your average super middle but well below the very best in that category. Would be good to see though, probably the best SM fight available until Andre Ward can get back in the ring.

Amir Khan on 16:47 - Dec 15 with 1682 viewshoopdog

I could see Degale beating Froch on the right night as PP said , Froch has been in quite a few wars and they have a habit of catching up with fighters when that hapens they catch up quickly
Amir Khan on 22:19 - Dec 15 with 1634 viewsRangersAreBack

Amir Khan on 14:18 - Dec 15 by ingeminate

Rubbish. 47 wins (26 knockouts, 21 decisions), 0 losses, 0 draws.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2014 22:25]
Amir Khan on 09:24 - Dec 16 with 1585 viewssimmo

Amir Khan on 22:19 - Dec 15 by RangersAreBack

Rubbish. 47 wins (26 knockouts, 21 decisions), 0 losses, 0 draws.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2014 22:25]

It's not rubbish, watch his fights, he doesn't have the power to knock out somebody with any semblance of a jaw. He doesn;t need to because his defence is amazing, but his fights are really boring and I don;t think Khan would have to worry about getting KO'd, just beaten on points.

Also that ratio of decisions to KO's is higher than average, I think only one other fighter at Jr Middle has a higher % of points victories over KOs.

Amir Khan on 09:29 - Dec 16 with 1582 viewsSpiritofGregory

Amir Khan on 09:24 - Dec 16 by simmo

It's not rubbish, watch his fights, he doesn't have the power to knock out somebody with any semblance of a jaw. He doesn;t need to because his defence is amazing, but his fights are really boring and I don;t think Khan would have to worry about getting KO'd, just beaten on points.

Also that ratio of decisions to KO's is higher than average, I think only one other fighter at Jr Middle has a higher % of points victories over KOs.

Glass jaw.
Amir Khan on 09:32 - Dec 16 with 1578 viewsTheBlob

Amir Khan on 09:24 - Dec 16 by simmo

His defence has got better but his lateral movement still leaves much to be desired.He's good defending back and forth but that's it.A concussive puncher will get through once or twice and that's the danger.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024