Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
7 points next 4 games and 15:47 - Dec 16 with 4307 viewsPinnerPaul

we're on over a point a game.

No need to panic just yet
7 points next 4 games and on 15:40 - Dec 19 with 624 viewsPinnerPaul

7 points next 4 games and on 15:29 - Dec 19 by DylanP

A charlatan? How is he a charlatan. He is doing the best he can. Sometimes that is good and sometimes it isn't. When I go to work, sometimes things go my way and sometimes they don't. If they don't, that doesn't make me a charlatan. I'm doing my best. Maybe he is not as good as people made out. But that is not his fault that the expectations weren't realistic. When I go to a job interview, I don't talk about my failures, I talk about my successes. If I take a really well paying job that I am not really qualified for, that is the mistake of the person who hired me, not my mistake.

As I have mentioned, I am not a fan of 'arry. He drives me up the wall at times. But he is our manager. Firing him mid-season more-or-less guarantees relegation, so we are stuck with him and have to hope that the team can pull through. OK, it doesn't "guarantee" anything, but it is such a huge risk, that only an absolute fool would take that risk or advocate for that risk. Right now things simply aren't nearly desperate enough to be arguing for us jumping off the cliff. We are one point from survival. If we were 10 points adrift at the bottom, then things would be different. But we are not. We are one point from where we want to be.

When you fire a manager and bring in someone new, he brings his own players in and we have two teams, the old managers team and the new managers team. Inevitably we have lots of players on large wages not being used because they don't fit into the new manager's scheme. Plus there are huge expenses involved with paying off the old manager. Then there is the dressing room chaos caused by the split loyalties and the them vs us or the new guys and the old guys. All that leads to turmoil. Now, it is true, that sometimes that sort of shock can jolt players out of complacency and light a fire under a team. But that is not what usually happens. What usually happens is the chaos leads to worsening performances in the short term and ultimately the inevitable relegation followed by a yea or so of rebuilding. why would you risk all that -- we cannot afford the extra expenses and we would certainly be a lot worse off if we were relegated.

The alternative, is to get behind the lad, the manager and the chairman and lend your voice to lifting the team up rather than tearing them down (even if it is only a tiny tiny contribution either way, it all counts).

Great post Dylan.
7 points next 4 games and on 18:14 - Dec 19 with 585 viewsTGRRRSSS

I havent read every thread here exactly.

However broadly speaking we've actually won the games that you would say, if we want to avoid relegation we must win.
WBA tomorrow comes under this caveat certainly this season, despite being a Prem regular of a few years now they are on the downward spiral and Irvine was an odd appointment from the get go.
They are not the organised club they were 2 or 3 years ago, with Ashworth gone, Roy gone and others who worked well within their structure... pity Berhino hasn't gone yet I suppose.
So in the context of winning home games, then WBA is a must win.
The away form is a major concern though because we do look beaten before we arrive, the defence is still not really of prem standing the forwards are threadbare once Austin and BZ arent around.
However CA being missing at Everton last week could be a blessing in disguise provided we get something over the christmas period beginning tomorrow.
I think 35 points may well be enough to stay up but as ever would caution aim for traditional 40.
However we still have to many over ageing, slow and injury prone type players.
He wont be coming I dont think but if we did get Crouch it would put us very much in the mix to stay up I think.
Rarely injured, gets goals, knows Harry and the club.
Not for a 4 year contract obviously but 18 months would do, even though it goes against earlier critiscim, but he's hardly a Rio Ferdinand scenario who's had problems for the past 2/3 years.
Had he been fit he would also have been a good signing, alas...
7 points next 4 games and on 19:09 - Dec 19 with 564 viewsjohncharles

No matter what we say on here the important thing is that we are all there at Loftus Road tomorrow to cheer on the team. So,
see you there.

Strong and stable my arse.

7 points next 4 games and on 23:12 - Dec 19 with 523 viewsDoughnut

This theoretical mathematical nonesense has to stop!!! In each season a healthy team will accrue the odd away result, in addition to a strong home showing. We all know what's missing with the R'ss!!! ......Arry...Sort it out!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024