Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
7 points next 4 games and 15:47 - Dec 16 with 4342 viewsPinnerPaul

we're on over a point a game.

No need to panic just yet
7 points next 4 games and on 15:55 - Dec 16 with 2278 viewskingsburyR

We'll get a draw at Arsenal!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

7 points next 4 games and on 16:03 - Dec 16 with 2261 viewsPinnerPaul

7 points next 4 games and on 15:55 - Dec 16 by kingsburyR

We'll get a draw at Arsenal!

Obvious way is to beat WBA, Palace, draw with Swansea and lose to the gooners.

Buts as this is football, real life, it won't turn out like that as we know!
7 points next 4 games and on 16:10 - Dec 16 with 2233 viewskingsburyR

We wont get maximium out of WBA and Palace

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

7 points next 4 games and on 16:11 - Dec 16 with 2225 viewsWeaverQPR

Can we get 38 points from home games alone

@WeavQPR

7 points next 4 games and on 16:14 - Dec 16 with 2218 viewspaulparker

We Cannot keep relying on the home 6 pointers to bail us out, thinking its ok we will win our home games is madness
lose to WBA and arsenal and we could find ourselves in the brown stuff

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

7 points next 4 games and on 16:14 - Dec 16 with 2221 viewsPinnerPaul

7 points next 4 games and on 16:11 - Dec 16 by WeaverQPR

Can we get 38 points from home games alone

Yes, mathematically.

33 points more available at home, 24 needed to reach 38!
7 points next 4 games and on 16:21 - Dec 16 with 2203 viewsloftus77

7 points next 4 games and on 16:10 - Dec 16 by kingsburyR

Agree..therein lies the problem of our away form.
7 points next 4 games and on 16:42 - Dec 16 with 2178 viewsdaveB

Why not? Neither are world beaters, we're more than capable of beating them both at home
Login to get fewer ads

7 points next 4 games and on 17:40 - Dec 16 with 2112 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

I predict 44 points going into the last match against Leicester and safety guaranteed...

There is just one caveat, I'm no Nostradamus at these things!
7 points next 4 games and on 17:56 - Dec 16 with 2086 viewssimmo

We bloody should, West Brom are fckin awful.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

7 points next 4 games and on 18:37 - Dec 16 with 2038 viewsGetMeRangers

The test comes in the second half of the season where the home games arise against top ten clubs, so fewer points will be gained. Our survival is dependant upon finding some form against those in the lower half of the table, whom against most of our remaining games are, starting with Burnley in Jan. That also will be the game where we will need to avoid defeat if we are not to set a new premier league record.... assuming we will lose to Arsenal
7 points next 4 games and on 18:45 - Dec 16 with 2019 viewsjonno

7 points next 4 games and on 17:56 - Dec 16 by simmo

We bloody should, West Brom are fckin awful.

So are we. We won't beat both West Brom and Palace, in fact I doubt we will beat either.
7 points next 4 games and on 20:46 - Dec 16 with 1942 viewsthemodfather

wba and palace are huge, we have burnley in january too, thats a massive away day now. arsenal will see one of us sent off, they will score a dodgy goal or a dodgy pen cos it's what always happens there.
i think we have swansea and man utd upcoming too.
6 games and 18pts to grab....10 from them would be excellent, 4 games are at home.
7 points next 4 games and on 21:02 - Dec 16 with 1903 viewsjohncharles

That's rubbish. We're as good as down. The only option we have is to sack Redknapp' and get in Pulis.
But no, let's lose another couple of games and make sure we're fcuked before we give someone else a chance.
Like yesterday, let's wait until we are 3 - 0 down before we bring on another striker.
Please don't give me that wait and see crap.

Strong and stable my arse.

7 points next 4 games and on 22:49 - Dec 16 with 1832 viewsdaveB

7 points next 4 games and on 21:02 - Dec 16 by johncharles

That's rubbish. We're as good as down. The only option we have is to sack Redknapp' and get in Pulis.
But no, let's lose another couple of games and make sure we're fcuked before we give someone else a chance.
Like yesterday, let's wait until we are 3 - 0 down before we bring on another striker.

how are we as good as down? We are 1 point off safety with 22 games still to play
7 points next 4 games and on 00:00 - Dec 17 with 1774 viewsHollowayRanger

7 points next 4 games and on 16:14 - Dec 16 by PinnerPaul

Yes, mathematically.

33 points more available at home, 24 needed to reach 38!

only need 8 wins from

west brom win
palace win
Swansea win
man ud lose
Southampton draw
spurs lose
arsenal lose
everton draw
Chelski lose
wet spam lose
Newcastle draw

I got us getting 12 so need to find that away from quick!!!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

7 points next 4 games and on 07:15 - Dec 17 with 1711 viewsLblock

7 points next 4 games and on 18:37 - Dec 16 by GetMeRangers

The test comes in the second half of the season where the home games arise against top ten clubs, so fewer points will be gained. Our survival is dependant upon finding some form against those in the lower half of the table, whom against most of our remaining games are, starting with Burnley in Jan. That also will be the game where we will need to avoid defeat if we are not to set a new premier league record.... assuming we will lose to Arsenal

We are record breaking and trail blazing at this level

Set a new record last time in length of time for first win before relegation
Going for the away record this season (before relegation)
If we ever come back up that seasons record for low points tally is in our sights

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

7 points next 4 games and on 07:40 - Dec 17 with 1695 viewsCroydonCaptJack

7 points next 4 games and on 00:00 - Dec 17 by HollowayRanger

only need 8 wins from

west brom win
palace win
Swansea win
man ud lose
Southampton draw
spurs lose
arsenal lose
everton draw
Chelski lose
wet spam lose
Newcastle draw

Blimey Hollaway I hope you are wrong there! Swansea will be our last home victory!
7 points next 4 games and on 08:10 - Dec 17 with 1663 viewsAgedR

7 points next 4 games and on 21:02 - Dec 16 by johncharles

Hyperbole
(Hahy-pur-buh-lee)
noun, rhetoric

1. Obvious or intentional exaggeration

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

7 points next 4 games and on 09:50 - Dec 17 with 1588 viewsPinnerPaul

7 points next 4 games and on 18:45 - Dec 16 by jonno

So are we. We won't beat both West Brom and Palace, in fact I doubt we will beat either.

What I don't get with football fans in general is why we take the pessimistic view all the time.

When we go away, we are obviously the underdogs and everyone seems to delight in predicting the obvious result.

However when WE are favourites, 9th best team in the league at home and WBA have scored only 3 goals away, people still say we will slip up.
7 points next 4 games and on 10:03 - Dec 17 with 1566 viewssimmo

7 points next 4 games and on 18:45 - Dec 16 by jonno

I don't see what you're seeing in West Brom that means we shouldn't beat them comfortably. They are shite, they scrapped a home win against an equally shite Villa team who only had 10 men, that's probbaly the only reason Irvine still has his job.

Palace is different due to the Warnock factor and having players in rich form, Jedinak, Bolasie, Zaha can all cause us problems and they will be bang up for it, that being said I always fancy us to create chances at home. Be very surprised if we don't get 4 points from those games.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

7 points next 4 games and on 11:37 - Dec 17 with 1500 viewsjohncharles

The problem with West Brom is of our own making. We've piled pressure on ourselves and made it a lot more difficult than it should be.
Arsenal - we might get something but would be a "shock" result.
Palace - tricky with the Warnock factor.
Swansea - they beat us 2 - 0 away. A draw would be a good result.
Burnley - They will consider this a must win home game.
Man U - NOT a home banker
Stoke - away. We could only manage a draw at home so not optomistic.
Southampton - I home their slide continues.
Sunderland - we won 1-0 at home. I can see them doing the same to us.
Hull - they beat us at home, why should we win away ?
Spurs - they beat us 4-0 at their place. Not sure our home form is good enough to overturn that.
And so it goes.
But lets not panic. Lets not change anything. lets just sleepwalk into the Championship and nice hefty FFP fine.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2014 11:39]

Strong and stable my arse.

7 points next 4 games and on 11:50 - Dec 17 with 1481 viewsMaggsinho

7 points next 4 games and on 11:37 - Dec 17 by johncharles

The problem with West Brom is of our own making. We've piled pressure on ourselves and made it a lot more difficult than it should be.
Arsenal - we might get something but would be a "shock" result.
Palace - tricky with the Warnock factor.
Swansea - they beat us 2 - 0 away. A draw would be a good result.
Burnley - They will consider this a must win home game.
Man U - NOT a home banker
Stoke - away. We could only manage a draw at home so not optomistic.
Southampton - I home their slide continues.
Sunderland - we won 1-0 at home. I can see them doing the same to us.
Hull - they beat us at home, why should we win away ?
Spurs - they beat us 4-0 at their place. Not sure our home form is good enough to overturn that.
And so it goes.
But lets not panic. Lets not change anything. lets just sleepwalk into the Championship and nice hefty FFP fine.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2014 11:39]

You'll drive yourself round the bend trying to predict every game like that.
7 points next 4 games and on 11:55 - Dec 17 with 1473 viewsJuzzie

only need 8 wins from

west brom win
palace win
Swansea win
man ud lose
Southampton draw
spurs lose
arsenal lose
everton draw
Chelski lose
wet spam lose
Newcastle draw

This is exactly the problem. It's all very well for Harry and people on forums to say our away results haven't been helped by the fact we've played all the top 10 teams (clearly tactics don't count), what they forget is then we have to play them at home (won't win them all) meaning we now have to get results in away games and fast.
7 points next 4 games and on 12:01 - Dec 17 with 1466 viewsHunterhoop

only need 8 wins from

west brom win
palace win
Swansea win
man ud lose
Southampton draw
spurs lose
arsenal lose
everton draw
Chelski lose
wet spam lose
Newcastle draw

Pinner, one man's "pessimistic" outlook is another man's "realistic" outlook. You're wrong to say a pessimism reigns supreme. I think realism reigns, with certain people falling into the pessimistic and optimistic camps, you being one.

Realistically, we absolutely can stay up. There is no need to "panic", but we have serious flaws and are in the relegation zone with important games coming up and no real sign of picking points up away from home. The bookies are the best indication of what we're likely to do. I don't think it's pessimistic to think, which most of us do, that we can stay up, may well stay up, but may well go down if things continue as they are. 1 point a game probably won't keep us up.

Holloway, good post. A bit of realism here. Those remaining home games are tough. Swansea at home is as tough as the rest. They're good. Out of those 12 games, there are only 2 we "should" win. Obviously we "can" win them all. But realistically, we're looking at, what 5 wins?? WBA, Palace, one of the big guns, West Ham, Newcastle?? You can cut it how you like. It's 15 points, plus, say, 4 draws (and only three losses), means 19 points. That puts us on 33, meaning 7 away points required for safety, with everyone being so tightly bunched.

That doesn't sound too much: 1 win and 6 draws away or 2 wins and one draw. Perfectly achievable.

However, fail to beat Palace or WBA, and, "realistically" we suddenly need to find those points away from home. 7 points becomes anything from 9-13 points we'll need away in the new year. That's a different kettle of fish.

WBA and Palace are rightly being called crucial games. They are, when you objectively analyse the fixtures, and points, the pivotal moment of the season. Win both and I think we'll survive (and I think the bookies will agree). Fail to win both and I think we'll go down (and I think you'll find our odds showing the same). Fail to win one and I think the Burnley game becomes the pivotal moment, which if we fail to win (not draw), we're back to being very unlikely to survive.

I think by after Burnley the writing will be very much on the wall.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024