Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Defoe and Crouch 22:54 - Dec 17 with 6045 viewsMarc

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/qpr-transfers-harry-redknap
Defoe and Crouch on 11:20 - Dec 18 with 1438 viewsAntti_Heinola

Defoe and Crouch on 11:14 - Dec 18 by Jamie

3 goals in his previous 30 PL appearances. For the £8m fee he would demand, that's shouting at the moon level of mental.

He's in MLS for the sole reason that nobody other than Arry would play him at this level.

spot on Jamie. And it's more like 1 in 30 Prem appearances.
Spent force.
Expensive. I wonder why Harry would want him? I just can't think...

Bare bones.

Defoe and Crouch on 11:28 - Dec 18 with 1422 viewsdaveB

Defoe and Crouch on 11:06 - Dec 18 by Antti_Heinola

You've hated Crouch your entire life you absolute hypocrite!

Look, I like Crouchie, would love to have had him back at the time he went to Stoke. But now it's a silly signing and one the club should be avoiding at all costs.

You say young strikers cost a fortune, well Austin cost £4m. Sakho cost £4.5m. There are other examples. Yes, these players are often gambles and you could easily end up with a Maiga, but every transfer is a gamble. Loads on here said Rio was 'worth the gamble' when he patently wasn't.

Crouch and Defoe are both lazy, and wrong options that will be bad for the club (lazy options, not the players! Crouch works very hard obvs, and Defoe's got a good attitude). We've known we needed a striker since last season ended, and 6 months later here we are, still looking at Crouch and Defoe - it's absolutely staggering.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2014 11:11]

I'm a football fan, it is my god given right to completely change my view at the drop of the hat and pretend I've always felt this way.

You are right though, I hated him when he was here first time. I must be getting old as I like him now.

I'd love to see us get in another Austin type player but I've grown too cynical and just can't see this QPR doing anything other than the predictable in the transfer market. At the moment I think we'll stay up but can see us making a mess of January and ending up weaker again as we did last year
Defoe and Crouch on 11:30 - Dec 18 with 1419 viewsdaveB

Defoe and Crouch on 11:14 - Dec 18 by Jamie

3 goals in his previous 30 PL appearances. For the £8m fee he would demand, that's shouting at the moon level of mental.

He's in MLS for the sole reason that nobody other than Arry would play him at this level.

well 8 million would be ludicrous, i was more thinking a loan deal.
How many of those 30 appearances were starting games?
Defoe and Crouch on 11:34 - Dec 18 with 1410 viewsJamie

Defoe and Crouch on 11:30 - Dec 18 by daveB

well 8 million would be ludicrous, i was more thinking a loan deal.
How many of those 30 appearances were starting games?

Why on earth would MLS loan him to us? They are trying to gain credibility for their league. Loaning one of their star DPs back to the PL for 6 months would undo lots of their hard work.

Also not sure how relevant it is how many starts he made. How many starts would he get here? Not many. Unless you plan to play him upfront with Austin, or instead of Austin. Both of which would be utterly bonkers.

We need a target man to take the weight off Zamora, not a non-scoring super sub for £8m.
Defoe and Crouch on 11:42 - Dec 18 with 1393 viewsNorthernr

Defoe and Crouch on 11:34 - Dec 18 by Jamie

Why on earth would MLS loan him to us? They are trying to gain credibility for their league. Loaning one of their star DPs back to the PL for 6 months would undo lots of their hard work.

Also not sure how relevant it is how many starts he made. How many starts would he get here? Not many. Unless you plan to play him upfront with Austin, or instead of Austin. Both of which would be utterly bonkers.

We need a target man to take the weight off Zamora, not a non-scoring super sub for £8m.

Because it wouldn't do as much harm as keeping him there when he doesn't want to be there.
Defoe and Crouch on 11:55 - Dec 18 with 1367 viewsJamie

Defoe and Crouch on 11:42 - Dec 18 by Northernr

Because it wouldn't do as much harm as keeping him there when he doesn't want to be there.

So they loan him to us for 6 months, then what? The next 2 years of his contract on a magical mystery loan tour? Would look great for MLS I'm sure you will agree.

Tim Leinecke has already said they won't be 'giving him away', that 'there's no DP that is ultimately going to leave this organization and we go backwards on the capital invested. That's not going to happen', and if he wants to leave they intend to replace him with another big money DP, so yeah..

Shouting at the moon mental, but what Arry wants, Arry gets.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2014 11:59]
Defoe and Crouch on 12:01 - Dec 18 with 1340 viewsNorthernr

Defoe and Crouch on 11:55 - Dec 18 by Jamie

So they loan him to us for 6 months, then what? The next 2 years of his contract on a magical mystery loan tour? Would look great for MLS I'm sure you will agree.

Tim Leinecke has already said they won't be 'giving him away', that 'there's no DP that is ultimately going to leave this organization and we go backwards on the capital invested. That's not going to happen', and if he wants to leave they intend to replace him with another big money DP, so yeah..

Tim Leinecke will know as we all do that in he modern game all the power is with the player. If Defoe wants to go, he'll go.
Defoe and Crouch on 12:05 - Dec 18 with 1326 viewsJamie

Defoe and Crouch on 12:01 - Dec 18 by Northernr

Tim Leinecke will know as we all do that in he modern game all the power is with the player. If Defoe wants to go, he'll go.

In MLS the power isn't with the player, it's with MLS. The league has vetoed several deals in the past, Tim Ream & Brek Shea to Arsenal, and Erik Palmer-Brown to Juventus amongst them, that they felt undervalued the players in question and held out for more.

If we pay £8m then of course we will get Defoe. He wants to come and Toronto are open to selling at that price. But MLS won't give him to us, which hopefully will price even us out of a move.

Wishful thinking I know.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2014 12:06]
Login to get fewer ads

Defoe and Crouch on 12:06 - Dec 18 with 1323 viewsR_from_afar

Defoe and Crouch on 10:49 - Dec 18 by Discodroids

apologies for the broken record, can we offer a few bob for my man woss mcormack ??....not settled down the road, reports that fulham want him off the wage bill and will take a hit on the transfer fee.

144 goals in 322 games, 28 years old thus in the prime of his years..

always impressed me when he plays us.carried leeds on his own it seems to me.

a bit of joie de virvre and an excellent foil for charlie rather than another plank of MDF in his thirties, that you find in the bargin bin at B&Q with the dying plants and off cuts of skirting board/coving.

a jamie mackie with end product.

he who dares harold. have another look at him.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2014 10:56]

Now this is more like it! Good call sir.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Defoe and Crouch on 12:15 - Dec 18 with 1306 viewsdaveB

Defoe and Crouch on 11:34 - Dec 18 by Jamie

Well it's relevant if 25 of those games were 10 minute sub appearances as it makes him look a lot worse than he actually is.

Not sure why they wouldn't loan him to get rid when he has asked to leave and they don't want to pay his wages anymore. A loan suits everyone.
Defoe and Crouch on 12:19 - Dec 18 with 1286 viewsDiscodroids

ta r from afar

I read a report that fulham need to get him off the wage bill but konk reckons they will hang on to him.

Id like deeny but, cant see watford letting deeny go and if they were quoting 8 million back in october , gawd knows what they want now.

please anyone but defoe,crouch or carlton fkn cole.

all the imagination of charlie bronson under the liquid cosh in a rampton straight jacket.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Defoe and Crouch on 12:21 - Dec 18 with 1289 viewscorse

no thanks for both of them. if either of them do materialize into loftus road i will personally come and throw mr redknappable under the next passing lorry. end of.
Defoe and Crouch on 12:24 - Dec 18 with 1280 viewsMonkey_Roots

Defoe and Crouch on 12:19 - Dec 18 by Discodroids

ta r from afar

I read a report that fulham need to get him off the wage bill but konk reckons they will hang on to him.

Id like deeny but, cant see watford letting deeny go and if they were quoting 8 million back in october , gawd knows what they want now.

please anyone but defoe,crouch or carlton fkn cole.

all the imagination of charlie bronson under the liquid cosh in a rampton straight jacket.

agree 100%.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Defoe and Crouch on 12:37 - Dec 18 with 1265 viewsPommyhoop

Defoe and Crouch on 10:21 - Dec 18 by Northernr

Scout: Hi Harry, how are you?
'Arry: Lovely lovely mate, not a minute's trouble, how's tricks?
Scout: Yeh all good. Just a few things about the forms we asked you to fill in.
'Arry: Oh yeh? Bondy did 'em, I can't read or write as the judge in my tax evasion case will tell you.
Scout: Ok yes I appreciate that but for each of the questions about what position we're looking for, what attributes we're lacking, what age groups we should be looking at, where our team is weak and strong, whether we need to strengthen right or left, whether we need to strengthen attack or defence, you've just written 'The Boy Crouchy'.
'Arry: Ahhhhhhhhhhh wewll you'd always have Crouchy. Top top player. Triffic fella.
Scout: You see the thing is Harry we've seen a player quite a lot like Crouch playing in Germany. Same height, slightly stronger, twice as fast, immaculate first touch, ten years younger and available for about £600k because his club is in some financial difficulties. We don't think a work permit would be a problem, his wage would be a fraction of Crouch's and we know he's keen to move to London.
'Arry: ...... ....... .....
Scout: Are you there Harry?
'Arry: Go have a look at the boy Crouchy all the same though yeh? Loves his mum.

Tony Fernandes. ;;Hello Harry how's things ?what can I do for you.
H:: Ello Tone yeah fings are triffic. Fentastic. Nah I faught youd like to see these pics our scout took of these andy forwards ees bin eyeing up. Fentstic ee says .One or two of em cum January wouuld be blinding Tone. Very ard if we dont get em .
Bare bones bare bones.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Defoe and Crouch on 12:45 - Dec 18 with 1248 viewsYorkRanger

Jordan Rhodes anyone....?
Defoe and Crouch on 13:26 - Dec 18 with 1168 viewsBluce_Ree

Defoe? Definite no, more like.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Defoe and Crouch on 13:46 - Dec 18 with 1146 viewsheadhoops

would rather sign cannon and ball.

Redknapp has become a parody on deadline day - same old names, its criminal. Part of his role as Manager is to find new talent not just continually dredge up old flames. Player spotting isnt that difficult - in 20 minutes us mere mortals on this board could find at least 6 decent shouts. Harold is bound to sign at least one of Defoe or Crouch failing that you know who's Range Rover will actually make it into the Car Park this year...odemwingie.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Defoe and Crouch on 13:55 - Dec 18 with 1129 viewsbaz_qpr

Defoe and Crouch on 13:46 - Dec 18 by headhoops

would rather sign cannon and ball.

Redknapp has become a parody on deadline day - same old names, its criminal. Part of his role as Manager is to find new talent not just continually dredge up old flames. Player spotting isnt that difficult - in 20 minutes us mere mortals on this board could find at least 6 decent shouts. Harold is bound to sign at least one of Defoe or Crouch failing that you know who's Range Rover will actually make it into the Car Park this year...odemwingie.

Well lets hope its crouch, we need a 9 who can hold the ball up and allow us to be a bit more direct, we have absolutley no need of Defoe to come as a very expensive bench warmer
Defoe and Crouch on 19:50 - Dec 18 with 1013 viewsPommyhoop

Defoe and Crouch on 12:37 - Dec 18 by Pommyhoop

Tony Fernandes. ;;Hello Harry how's things ?what can I do for you.
H:: Ello Tone yeah fings are triffic. Fentastic. Nah I faught youd like to see these pics our scout took of these andy forwards ees bin eyeing up. Fentstic ee says .One or two of em cum January wouuld be blinding Tone. Very ard if we dont get em .
Bare bones bare bones.

Tony Fernandes.:; Now come on Harry.We both know thats not going to happen.Ive still got your errrr'Scouts pic'' of that 'triffic CB you persuaded me to sign last summer..

H ::

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Defoe and Crouch on 20:04 - Dec 18 with 1001 viewsMatch82

Defoe and Crouch on 11:55 - Dec 18 by Jamie

In recent years the MLS has loaned out both Thierry Henry and Landon Donovan to Premier League clubs, both of whom were significantly bigger names than Defoe. Toronto may well put their foot down and understandably so, but I don't think the MLS is the barrier.
Defoe and Crouch on 20:39 - Dec 18 with 987 viewsDylanP

Defoe and Crouch on 10:26 - Dec 18 by johncharles

It's hard to believe we don't have a database of such players but the facts say that we don't.

What facts are you talking about?

The fact that Austin is 26 years old, talended, hungry, and came to us not earning a ton? Is that the fact that you are looking at? Or the fact that Vargas is 26? That Fer is 25? That Sandro is 26? That Isla is 27? That Caulker is 24? That Yun is 25? That Mutch is 24?

In fact, when you take away the media bulsht and gossip and actually look at the facts, you see that virtually all of 'arry's recent signings have been either young, talented, and hungry or on very short contracts.

Who has 'arry signed who isn't young, talented, and hungry? Rio -- signed on a one year deal with low wages plus bonuses. Who else? Henry. He may be over 30, but he has been a very good addition to the squad and probably isn't on the highest wages either. Niko? He is past his prime, for sure. But he is on a short term contract and has been a useful player to have around. Hardly the reason for our poor play.

So what facts are you looking at that tell you that 'arry isn't casting a broad net and looking at the sort of players that we would all want him to be looking at?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Defoe and Crouch on 20:41 - Dec 18 with 986 viewsjohncharles

Defoe and Crouch on 20:39 - Dec 18 by DylanP

What facts are you talking about?

The fact that Austin is 26 years old, talended, hungry, and came to us not earning a ton? Is that the fact that you are looking at? Or the fact that Vargas is 26? That Fer is 25? That Sandro is 26? That Isla is 27? That Caulker is 24? That Yun is 25? That Mutch is 24?

In fact, when you take away the media bulsht and gossip and actually look at the facts, you see that virtually all of 'arry's recent signings have been either young, talented, and hungry or on very short contracts.

Who has 'arry signed who isn't young, talented, and hungry? Rio -- signed on a one year deal with low wages plus bonuses. Who else? Henry. He may be over 30, but he has been a very good addition to the squad and probably isn't on the highest wages either. Niko? He is past his prime, for sure. But he is on a short term contract and has been a useful player to have around. Hardly the reason for our poor play.

So what facts are you looking at that tell you that 'arry isn't casting a broad net and looking at the sort of players that we would all want him to be looking at?

Hello Dylan

Strong and stable my arse.

Defoe and Crouch on 21:13 - Dec 18 with 956 viewsHollowayRanger

burnleys ings is out of contract end of season

push the boat out and and have a go for him to partner Austin and sink burnley

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Defoe and Crouch on 21:52 - Dec 18 with 924 viewsvegasranger

For me it has be Ings. Good age , should be a good price, pace and showing he has the ability to score in Premier League. I've read that Deeney is a bit lazy with a poor attached .
Defoe and Crouch on 21:54 - Dec 18 with 922 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Defoe a no!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/qpr-leicester-target-jermai

Must be true, it's in the Mirror
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024