Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BT Sport in Ireland? 14:34 - Dec 18 with 1956 viewsA40Bosh

Irish based Rs, what's the situation with BT Sport in Ireland?

Need to plan ahead for St Stephen's Day.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

BT Sport in Ireland? on 15:29 - Dec 18 with 1915 viewsqprmeath

I have it in my house if thats any good?? Its part of the Setanta pack. Most pubs have it as far as I've seen. Depends where you are, if its Dublin you wont have a problem finding it but rural Ireland you might struggle.
BT Sport in Ireland? on 15:45 - Dec 18 with 1909 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bosh,

Real problem with many rural pubs showing live TV. The interest isn't as big as it was, and the licence fees for a pub are unreal. There was a clampdown over the last couple of months and most pubs were found to have only domestic licences so now show no games at all.

If it was me, I'd be worried and I'd be asking pubs individually if they'll be showing it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

BT Sport in Ireland? on 17:40 - Dec 18 with 1838 viewsA40Bosh

BT Sport in Ireland? on 15:45 - Dec 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Bosh,

Real problem with many rural pubs showing live TV. The interest isn't as big as it was, and the licence fees for a pub are unreal. There was a clampdown over the last couple of months and most pubs were found to have only domestic licences so now show no games at all.

If it was me, I'd be worried and I'd be asking pubs individually if they'll be showing it.

Thanks Brian and Meath. That's the concern I have.
Castlelyons went from 4 pubs to one in the last few years and I suspect I will have to do a reckie into Fermoy early next week. Will bring my laptop but wireless and broadband are a problem there as well.

BT Sport can be accessed via Virgin Media Anywhere. So hopefully I have a back up plan.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2014 18:03]

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

BT Sport in Ireland? on 21:42 - Dec 18 with 1771 viewsqprmeath

If you are staying in a house with a Sky dish Setanta have an offer for the month of December that you get 1st month for a euro. Once you cancel before start of second month that is all it costs you. Thats why I have it at the moment. Ill be regretting having it on the 26th Im sure.
BT Sport in Ireland? on 22:22 - Dec 18 with 1749 viewsA40Bosh

BT Sport in Ireland? on 21:42 - Dec 18 by qprmeath

If you are staying in a house with a Sky dish Setanta have an offer for the month of December that you get 1st month for a euro. Once you cancel before start of second month that is all it costs you. Thats why I have it at the moment. Ill be regretting having it on the 26th Im sure.

Good to know mate as the girls got mammy Sky in, so herself and the brother can watch the GAA and the horse racing.

BT Sport in Ireland? on 11:45 - Dec 19 with 1668 viewsithastogetbetter

BT Sport in Ireland? on 22:22 - Dec 18 by A40Bosh

Good to know mate as the girls got mammy Sky in, so herself and the brother can watch the GAA and the horse racing.

Love the avatar Bosh - not sure how well it would go down in Fermoy , though!!
BT Sport in Ireland? on 15:04 - Dec 19 with 1641 viewsBrianMcCarthy

BT Sport in Ireland? on 11:45 - Dec 19 by ithastogetbetter

That's a Kilbrittain club shirt, that is. Bosh loves Cork GAA.

Don't you, Bosh?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

BT Sport in Ireland? on 15:26 - Dec 19 with 1629 viewsA40Bosh

BT Sport in Ireland? on 11:45 - Dec 19 by ithastogetbetter

As Brian knows, for me suffering with QPR all my life, Kilkenny being Numero Uno means that most Septembers I can suddenly get all interested in GAA and then at least look forward to winning something as a Plastic Cat most years!!

To be honest I don't antagonize them by bringing down the KK jersey with me very often, as let's face it, you don't like to rub it in too much, especially when you are married in to them.

And when 1-2 of the nephews might be playing on the Senior Panel for Cork this year, it could get tricky.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024