Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
OT : Your Favourite Christmas Tipple(s). 10:08 - Dec 19 with 2673 viewsToast_R

Right lets have yer. What’s your usual Christmas poison?

I’ll start..

On Xmas Eve, it’s usually beer. Nothing fancy just a cold few bottled lagers, Peroni, Becks, Carlsberg Export, nothing that’s going to leave me in a world of hurt the next day. If the wife and I go down the pub, might have a quick livener before, just to take the edge of the local riffraff who’ve been in there since lunch time and on their 10th drink already, aka the people we’ve gone to meet up with. Usually a Pina Colada (dark rum of course).

On Christmas Day, I like to get proceedings going from around 12pm. A Desperado with a wedge of lime leading up to the onslaught colon irritating vegetables. With the dinner, it’s whatever bottle is on the table, sparkling, white, rose, pass it over.

By the evening the old Chianti comes out to compliment that cheeseboard (The only Red I drink really). Then I’m knackered.
OT : Your Favourite Christmas Tipple(s). on 10:26 - Dec 19 with 2143 viewskingsburyR

Red all the way for me! And plenty of it.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

OT : Your Favourite Christmas Tipple(s). on 10:41 - Dec 19 with 2136 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Half of Winter Warmer in a pint glass

Topped up with a bottle of Old Nick
OT : Your Favourite Christmas Tipple(s). on 11:21 - Dec 19 with 2110 viewsMonkey_Roots

Mainly Red Stripe, but the day always ends with a huge Port & Brandy.
OT : Your Favourite Christmas Tipple(s). on 11:41 - Dec 19 with 2090 viewsRamseyR

Waitrose mulled wine. Bought six bottles last week in readiness for Christmas..... All gone already
OT : Your Favourite Christmas Tipple(s). on 12:35 - Dec 19 with 2066 viewsR_from_afar

Normally I stick to cider but around this time of the year, I develop a penchant for port, Drambuie and even sherry. Not all mixed together, mind, although now I think of it...

Port and cheese and biscuits, oh man, heaven!

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

OT : Your Favourite Christmas Tipple(s). on 12:39 - Dec 19 with 2061 viewsmikeygunn

Day starts with a bucks fizz, then to the pub with some Twaites mild, got a lovely Black sheep christmas ale for dinner time, then Port with a dash of port, followed by port. The cheese board goes without saying!
OT : Your Favourite Christmas Tipple(s). on 12:42 - Dec 19 with 2055 viewsessextaxiboy

I have recently started to drink Gin again after an unfortunate New Years Eve party in my teens . I still cant take the smell of celery .

I have identified a brew called Monkey 47 which seems quite high end but gets good reviews .

Hoping for a bottle over Christmas , other than that just the Kronenberg
OT : Your Favourite Christmas Tipple(s). on 12:44 - Dec 19 with 2052 viewsMrSheen

Pudding wine. Even better than Port, but I'll try both just to be sure.
Login to get fewer ads

OT : Your Favourite Christmas Tipple(s). on 12:54 - Dec 19 with 2045 viewsTHEBUSH

Spanish Brandy is what I like and after Christmas dinner, normally the brother-in-law and I finish off a bottle of, Gran Duque de Alba, can't wait
OT : Your Favourite Christmas Tipple(s). on 13:07 - Dec 19 with 2024 viewsaston_hoop

Now were talking....probably a few pints of Hopback Winter Lightning after escaping the office at lunchtime on Xmas eve. Work usually give me a bottle of Champagne as a Christmas present and I find it makes a great breakfast drink (Because the only times you can legitimately have a breakfast drink is on Xmas morning and when at an airport waiting to go on holiday). A nice bottle of red with dinner and plenty of port for afterwards. Lucky for me, I went to Porto in the summer and visited a few of the Port houses so decided I may as well stock up with a few good ones for the festive season! I'm sure everything else will be a blur.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

OT : Your Favourite Christmas Tipple(s). on 15:11 - Dec 19 with 1975 viewsBklynRanger

I'm flying back overnight on Xmas Day (cheaper) so I'll probably get a litre of Bushmills single malt at duty free and attempt to use it sparingly as a late night tipple (no chance).

Xmas Eve probably try and stick to beer. Xmas day a bit of red wine. Red wine and whiskey in Norn Iron domestic situations. Belly-stretching Guinness when out. Can't wait!
OT : Your Favourite Christmas Tipple(s). on 15:55 - Dec 19 with 1950 viewsjohann28

Yup - also a port fan. Taylor's LBV is excellent - spiced red cherry / plum flavours. (Cockburns is crap - avoid)
Dark winter ales - eg Young's Winter Warmer or Harvey's Old Ale
Obviously vats of Red Wine - a Sth American Malbec or an Italian Sangiovese. Check out the M&S Beaujolais - excellent.

All good with cheese :)
and very useful after away games :(
OT : Your Favourite Christmas Tipple(s). on 16:17 - Dec 19 with 1924 viewsgordanoR

I'm stocking up on Chimay Blue, St Stefanus & Grimbergen.

Port in the evenings with some cheese goes without saying.
OT : Your Favourite Christmas Tipple(s). on 16:40 - Dec 19 with 1903 viewsJamie

This year will be unicum & palinka followed by falling unconscious on the sofa.
OT : Your Favourite Christmas Tipple(s). on 17:09 - Dec 19 with 1887 viewsLblock

The Christmas season is usually three weeks long for me and I always try to imbibe the following at least once over that time:-

1. Any fine Malbec - check! Did that last night at Gaucho's

2. Monkey 47 or Haymans Reserve Gin and Fever Tree Tonic - check! See above

3. Champagne - usually Christmas evening and definitely NYE

4. Mulled Wine - must be in a pub from a boiling vat and if outside then in a mug. Nearly had some earlier in Covent Garden but will have some Sunday in South Ken

5. Mulled Cider - believe the QA may be doing this so cross it off the list tomorrow

6. Patron Cafe - check! Had a lovely shot of this last night as well plus will make it My last swifty before leaving the Adelaide tomorrow

7. Sancerre - check! Lovely ice cold bottle last Sunday

8. Port & Brandy - as others have said, this and cheese is just Crimble!!!

9. Bottles and bottles of Sol or Corona - just usual. Check

10. Scoropino - sheer bliss. Grey Goose vodka, prosecco and lemon sorbet

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

OT : Your Favourite Christmas Tipple(s). on 17:20 - Dec 19 with 1880 viewsDorse

Peroni until lunch before switching to whatever fizz is served. back to Peroni until sheer stomach space becomes an issue. Then it's Disaronno over ice until bedtime. Repeat as necessary.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

OT : Your Favourite Christmas Tipple(s). on 18:12 - Dec 19 with 1847 viewspaulparker

Desperado & Lime !!!!

Xmas eve 4 or 5 pints of Budweiser draught & a couple of jamesons

Xmas day 2 quick pints of Bishops Finger before Mrs P tells me to get
Home ( see Xmas irritations thread)
A bottle of Rioca to follow with cheese of course

Boxing Day down the pub all day so 6 or 7 pints of Bud

New Years eve vodka and tonic ( can drink that till the cows come home)

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

OT : Your Favourite Christmas Tipple(s). on 18:27 - Dec 19 with 1839 viewsBrixtonR

Red wine Red Wine and more red wine. Mainly Malbec, Shiraz and a bit of Nero' D'avola.

Might get a bit of Winter Warmer in as well if possible.
OT : Your Favourite Christmas Tipple(s). on 18:42 - Dec 19 with 1823 viewsDiscodroids

for some reason castle lager, which i only drink at christmas. love it.

a nice bottle of 750 ml Leffe at the table to take of the edge of my mother in laws thousand yard stare across the north face of the turkey , and to engage with my brother in law ( a west ham season ticket holder who still goes to places like the sugar hut at 45, and talks out the side of his mouth like a bells palsey victim, like all west ham fans do)

"put fwannkie knucles on the jukie you cahnnnnnts"
[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 18:43]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

OT : Your Favourite Christmas Tipple(s). on 19:01 - Dec 19 with 1807 viewsLblock

OT : Your Favourite Christmas Tipple(s). on 17:20 - Dec 19 by Dorse

Peroni until lunch before switching to whatever fizz is served. back to Peroni until sheer stomach space becomes an issue. Then it's Disaronno over ice until bedtime. Repeat as necessary.

Christ alive!!!!! How could I forget the Dissarano?!?!?
Show me the way to amerretto!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

OT : Your Favourite Christmas Tipple(s). on 19:37 - Dec 19 with 1788 viewsMrSheen

OT : Your Favourite Christmas Tipple(s). on 18:12 - Dec 19 by paulparker

Desperado & Lime !!!!

Xmas eve 4 or 5 pints of Budweiser draught & a couple of jamesons

Xmas day 2 quick pints of Bishops Finger before Mrs P tells me to get
Home ( see Xmas irritations thread)
A bottle of Rioca to follow with cheese of course

Boxing Day down the pub all day so 6 or 7 pints of Bud

New Years eve vodka and tonic ( can drink that till the cows come home)

Draught Budweiser???????? Not Mortlake's finest American, surely?
OT : Your Favourite Christmas Tipple(s). on 21:45 - Dec 19 with 1739 viewsjohncharles

OT : Your Favourite Christmas Tipple(s). on 17:09 - Dec 19 by Lblock

The Christmas season is usually three weeks long for me and I always try to imbibe the following at least once over that time:-

1. Any fine Malbec - check! Did that last night at Gaucho's

2. Monkey 47 or Haymans Reserve Gin and Fever Tree Tonic - check! See above

3. Champagne - usually Christmas evening and definitely NYE

4. Mulled Wine - must be in a pub from a boiling vat and if outside then in a mug. Nearly had some earlier in Covent Garden but will have some Sunday in South Ken

5. Mulled Cider - believe the QA may be doing this so cross it off the list tomorrow

6. Patron Cafe - check! Had a lovely shot of this last night as well plus will make it My last swifty before leaving the Adelaide tomorrow

7. Sancerre - check! Lovely ice cold bottle last Sunday

8. Port & Brandy - as others have said, this and cheese is just Crimble!!!

9. Bottles and bottles of Sol or Corona - just usual. Check

10. Scoropino - sheer bliss. Grey Goose vodka, prosecco and lemon sorbet

Lblock, some people would say you have a drink problem but,
I would say you've solved the drink problem.

Try to fit in a couple of Sierra Nevada Torpedos in there somewhere.

Strong and stable my arse.

OT : Your Favourite Christmas Tipple(s). on 22:03 - Dec 19 with 1734 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Christmas Eve evening will usually mean four or five Guinesses.

Christmas Day, I don't usually drink any liquor.

St. Stephen's Day/Boxing Day depends on where I am - if I'm in England watching the Rangers, then it depends on the company but given the right crew I will go for it, probably on Peroni, if I'm in Ireland I'll be hill-walking or surfing for most of the day followed by a few quiet evening fire-lit hours of slow pints of Uncle Arthur.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

OT : Your Favourite Christmas Tipple(s). on 22:36 - Dec 19 with 1710 viewsTripper

Hot toddies with Paddy whiskey, then when I get bored of boiling the kettle Paddy and coke. When I run out of coke just neat Paddy.
OT : Your Favourite Christmas Tipple(s). on 22:54 - Dec 19 with 1694 viewsMrSheen

Christmas Day in full...
Freezing Tio Pepe while I get the dinner going.
Champagne as we open the presents.
A nice Muscadet with the turkey.
Tokay with the pudding.
A couple of Duvels to get me through the board games.
Port with Christmas Cake and the Melbourne test.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2014 22:57]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024