Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie at what Price? 17:49 - Dec 20 with 6806 viewsToast_R

If say a cu*ts club like Liverpool came knocking in January...
Charlie at what Price? on 21:38 - Dec 20 with 2663 viewsizlingtonhoop

My ball!

Charlie at what Price? on 21:42 - Dec 20 with 2646 viewsWesty75

Charlie at what Price? on 21:25 - Dec 20 by Hoop_Du_Jour

Any higher than Spurs or Newcastle and he's on the bench at best.

He wants to play and score, he'll be with us and keep us in the prem.

He'll play for England and host MOTD when he retires from football.

He is.... Gary Lineker's clone!!!

Agreed - he's the perfect fit for a team like us for as long as we stay in the prem.
Charlie at what Price? on 21:54 - Dec 20 with 2623 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Charlie at what Price? on 21:38 - Dec 20 by izlingtonhoop

My ball!

WRONG!!!

Charlie at what Price? on 23:00 - Dec 20 with 2558 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Come come people, we all know if someone, anyone really, comes in for him he is gone and for £10m tops.

He is worth £67m or so to us, but when have we ever got market value for a player we have sold? And when do we ever show enough balls to say no and hold on to the player.

I hope that fùcktard Hodgson stays the hell away and the England team can go fück themselves, they've never been interested and it'll do us no favours at all if he gets a call up. Instead I would rather sit there disgusted that he is not getting the chances he deserves in the national side and stays with us rather than going somewhere else.

We know he is best with and for us,I hope he feels the same way. It'll all be down to him at the end of the day, if Spuds or some other bunch of cùnts - because that's what they'll be - come in for him I'd be very surprised if he stayed. It's just our luck. If he does stay he will surely be a legend for us.

Edit:fecking iPad typos!
[Post edited 21 Dec 2014 9:52]
Charlie at what Price? on 00:18 - Dec 21 with 2482 viewsTearsOfaClown

I feel sick - we have a player who plays with passion and conviction and scores goals - and now it's "what's he worth, how much to we sell him for in January" PUKE.

Are our fans part time city boys trading in commodities?

It is bad enough that some are on the bench for £60k a week and others on Book promo's.

Can't you think anything better than this?

You can't pay for natural skill and dedication but you can pay for mercenaries.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2014 0:19]
Charlie at what Price? on 00:38 - Dec 21 with 2463 viewsmakaveli1882

Charlie at what Price? on 19:01 - Dec 20 by headhoops

W e sold a non scor ing bench warmer to the scum for ten mill - Charles is worth at least double that

Whose that then ??
Charlie at what Price? on 00:58 - Dec 21 with 2420 viewsFearless

Charlie at what Price? on 00:38 - Dec 21 by makaveli1882

Whose that then ??

Remy you doughnut

Suggest you edit post rapidly!

Birdshit boy 😄

And it's "who's"
[Post edited 21 Dec 2014 1:00]
Charlie at what Price? on 01:15 - Dec 21 with 2407 viewsqpr1976

1) No International Qualifiers until late March - So no impending call up from Roy, Chill.

2) If Liverpool, he'll have to pass their stringent Medical - Remy didn't !

3) Charlie failed his at Hull !

4) There's no way we'll get anything like the amounts mention above. £50m ? Sorry, cloud cuckoo land. 18 months left. 12 in the Summer, I doubt anyone would pay more than £10m

5) We should still try VERY hard to get him to sign a new contract.
Login to get fewer ads

Charlie at what Price? on 01:42 - Dec 21 with 2392 viewsBklynRanger

Charlie at what Price? on 23:00 - Dec 20 by Pablo_Hoopsta

Come come people, we all know if someone, anyone really, comes in for him he is gone and for £10m tops.

He is worth £67m or so to us, but when have we ever got market value for a player we have sold? And when do we ever show enough balls to say no and hold on to the player.

I hope that fùcktard Hodgson stays the hell away and the England team can go fück themselves, they've never been interested and it'll do us no favours at all if he gets a call up. Instead I would rather sit there disgusted that he is not getting the chances he deserves in the national side and stays with us rather than going somewhere else.

We know he is best with and for us,I hope he feels the same way. It'll all be down to him at the end of the day, if Spuds or some other bunch of cùnts - because that's what they'll be - come in for him I'd be very surprised if he stayed. It's just our luck. If he does stay he will surely be a legend for us.

Edit:fecking iPad typos!
[Post edited 21 Dec 2014 9:52]

Excellent use of foreign language twiddly bits Pabs

I said it earlier this week, this is going to be our big forward worry for January. We'll have all kinds of stupid Sky transfer nonsense which will culminate in the signing of one big young lad we're not sure of plus an overpaid journeyman who Harry has lots of unconvincing things to say about in the 'presser'. All of that and 'big bids' coming in from the usual çunts.
Charlie at what Price? on 04:10 - Dec 21 with 2343 viewsJAPRANGERS

If Charlie does go there's a great replacement playing for Dagenham & Redbridge. Only 34, so the right age for us. He goes by the name of Dave Agyemang.......
Charlie at what Price? on 05:49 - Dec 21 with 2329 viewstimcocking

The price would be relegation...
Charlie at what Price? on 06:05 - Dec 21 with 2326 viewsWesty75

Charlie at what Price? on 05:49 - Dec 21 by timcocking

The price would be relegation...

^ this

And for that reason he's going nowhere in January, regardless of any bids that come in. Get him on a decent contract, avoid relegation, and we'll have him next season as well.
Charlie at what Price? on 08:00 - Dec 21 with 2288 viewsessextaxiboy

He plays every game with his shoulder heavily strapped . He failed a medical at Hull with an historic knee problem . He should use his great form to negotiate a contract worthy of it ,then settle down and carry on with us .
Charlie at what Price? on 11:35 - Dec 21 with 2175 viewsBluce_Ree

If we sell him then QPR can fk off.

If we sell him to Liverpool (my most hated club) and we go down then I am done with football.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Charlie at what Price? on 12:12 - Dec 21 with 2128 viewsjonno

Charlie at what Price? on 08:00 - Dec 21 by essextaxiboy

He plays every game with his shoulder heavily strapped . He failed a medical at Hull with an historic knee problem . He should use his great form to negotiate a contract worthy of it ,then settle down and carry on with us .

I would imagine that is exactly what will happen.
Charlie at what Price? on 12:19 - Dec 21 with 2086 viewsQPRMUSO

Charlie at what Price? on 11:35 - Dec 21 by Bluce_Ree

If we sell him then QPR can fk off.

If we sell him to Liverpool (my most hated club) and we go down then I am done with football.

Liverpool are my most hated club too, their fans are the most arrogant on the planet.
Charlie at what Price? on 12:56 - Dec 21 with 2037 viewskensalriser

You miserable bunch of sorry saps. No sooner have we climbed clear of the bottom three, than you have to construct the next negative spectre on the horizon to wail and beat your chests about.

Can't you just enjoy the moment!?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Charlie at what Price? on 13:00 - Dec 21 with 2031 viewsTacticalR

Charlie at what Price? on 12:56 - Dec 21 by kensalriser

You miserable bunch of sorry saps. No sooner have we climbed clear of the bottom three, than you have to construct the next negative spectre on the horizon to wail and beat your chests about.

I like a nice bit of death, damnation and despair.

Air hostess clique

Charlie at what Price? on 13:30 - Dec 21 with 2005 viewsDylanP

Charlie at what Price? on 12:56 - Dec 21 by kensalriser

Agree. Especially this one:

"If we sell him then QPR can fk off.

If we sell him to Liverpool (my most hated club) and we go down then I am done with football."

There is no indication that anyone is contemplating selling Austin and yet Bruce here is all "QPR can fk off" and threatening to leave football altogether. A little melodramatic, to say the least.

The question "Charlie at what Price?" came from a fan on a message board--not management or even an agent. My reaction, and that of most others, was not at any price in January as we will need him to stay up. Then, in the summer (and this is just me now) I would put a price on his head of 50 million. If that is unrealistic, then great --I don't want him to leave. If someone is willing to pay 50 million, then take it. 50 million isn't completely out of the range of what goes on. And proven goalscorers are the most expensive players around. Bear in mind that he only has a year left, so we have a risk that he would leave for nothing in another year if we cannot negotiate a new deal, or he gets injured, or whatever. 50 million is a reasonable price tag, considering nobody wants him to leave. What is the worst that could happen? He doesn't leave, which is exactly what I would want to happen.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Charlie at what Price? on 17:06 - Dec 21 with 1913 viewsBluce_Ree

This is a message board and this is a thread. It's all hypothetical and it is just conversation. It's not at all controversial, no one is being offended so how about you just let the conversation flow.

And as for me being dramatic... Yes. I'm dramatic as f**k.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Charlie at what Price? on 17:26 - Dec 21 with 1895 viewsDANRANGER

Charlie at what Price? on 17:06 - Dec 21 by Bluce_Ree

This is a message board and this is a thread. It's all hypothetical and it is just conversation. It's not at all controversial, no one is being offended so how about you just let the conversation flow.

And as for me being dramatic... Yes. I'm dramatic as f**k.

Some people getting a bit carried away. I would expect a new contract will be sorted and I can't see anyone bidding in January. He needs to prove over a longer period and then he could be worth 20m. Right now he'd interest Newcastle/villa/stoke mid table sorts but they couldn't afford him And we wouldn't sell. Calm down, he's ours, he's happy and he will keep us up.
Charlie at what Price? on 03:46 - Dec 22 with 1758 viewsDylanP

QPR boss Redknapp is ready to fight off bids for striker Austin.

QPR manager Harry Redknapp says he is ready to fight off any January bids from other clubs for star striker Charlie Austin.

Austin scored a hat-trick to seal a 3-2 victory over West Brom on Saturday and the QPR boss is desperate to hang on to his prize asset as the club look to stay in the Premier League.

Reports last week suggested the striker had turned down a new deal at the club but Redknapp is adamant there is no chance of the England hopeful being sold in the transfer window.

"If we sold Charlie Austin we might as well go home, you know what I mean," said the Hoops boss.

"He's here. We need Charlie to keep doing what he's doing and he can't afford to take his foot off the gas. I'm not saying he will do it but there's nothing to top him going on and having a fantastic season. His target would be around 20 goals now with the way he's going at the moment. It's not impossible.

"If we sold Charlie Austin we might as well go home, you know what I mean." Harry Redknapp
"He's a goalscorer. He wants to score. He works hard, he's got a great attitude. He isn't a minute's problem. There is no side to him - he ain't lairy and gets on with it. He's a lovely boy who's been to work for a living and is now playing Premier League football.

"Goalscorers find a yard of space. It's a knack - he's in the right place at the right time. If you score 20 goals in the Championship this year you'll score in the Premier League. It's not rocket science, it's that knack that people have got - they've been scoring goals since they were kids."

Austin's strike partner Bobby Zamora has also warning that the club need to tie the former Burnley man down to a new contract sooner rather than later.

"He's got 18 months on his deal," Zamora said.

"I think the club should be offering him something now because with the form he's in, I don't think it'll be long before some big clubs make an offer and he may want to take that chance. For us, we need to keep hold of him.

"Chaz is a great asset for us and, fingers crossed, he can continue his form. He's a great finisher with a great work ethic."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11711/9616709/qpr-boss-redknapp-is-ready

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Charlie at what Price? on 10:50 - Dec 22 with 1652 viewsblacky200

Regardless of whether he signs a new contract or not we will not be able to keep him if he wants to go. As for putting a £50 million release clause into a new contract do you really think a player of his calibre would sign that? A move to a "big" club will secure his future financially after years of scrapping around the lower leagues may prove too hard to resist.
All we can do is hope no one comes in for him in January and we stay up. Its a bit of a double edged sword here. We want to keep scoring but if he does that then it is more likely that offers will come in for him.
Charlie at what Price? on 11:31 - Dec 22 with 1624 viewskingsburyR

Charlie at what Price? on 12:19 - Dec 21 by QPRMUSO

Liverpool are my most hated club too, their fans are the most arrogant on the planet.

Ditto the above!!!!

I don't think he's going anywhere....until the summer anyway!!!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Charlie at what Price? on 12:37 - Dec 22 with 1590 viewssimmo

What's the cost of relegation worth?? Because selling in Jan means we will probably go down, so that needs to be factotred in.

Also, I don't want to downplay the achievements of scoring 11 goals but it's only December, he's not even done a full season in the premiership yet. We play to his strengths, especially at home, being direct and relying on his predatory instincts when the ball is pinging around the 18 yard box. There have been a lot of players that have done the same before tailing off, so let's see if he can improve on his start and increase the areas of his game that he's weaker on.

There's nothing to suggest throughout his career he won't continue at this rate though and he's clearly not found his level yet, but he should stay put and assess things in the summer.

If he gets 20+ goals and his all round game continues to develop, he's worth 20m+, at least, even with his contract running down. He has all the credentials that saw the likes of Carroll, Henderson, Rodwell, Lallana move for massive amounts, he should be due the same. There's nothing wrong with us selling for that kind of big money either, as much as we love him, we are a selling club and that represents exceptional business.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2014 12:39]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024