Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie at what Price? 17:49 - Dec 20 with 6812 viewsToast_R

If say a cu*ts club like Liverpool came knocking in January...
Charlie at what Price? on 17:52 - Dec 20 with 4153 viewsEalingRanger

They can wait until summer and then they can give us what they paid for Andy Carroll.
Charlie at what Price? on 17:54 - Dec 20 with 4118 viewsSpiritofGregory

Luiz went for £50m, Lord knows what Charlie is worth.
Charlie at what Price? on 17:56 - Dec 20 with 4102 viewsPommyhoop

He's got to be twice as good as Soldado..
Nice little 56 mill then..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Charlie at what Price? on 18:00 - Dec 20 with 4053 viewsJonDoeman

Could be anything, Liverpool think Lovren is worth 20 mill .

It Is What It Is !!

Charlie at what Price? on 18:28 - Dec 20 with 3896 viewskropotkin41

I would have thought that settling his contract is just about the most important thing our club should be doing at the moment!! If this goes on much longer we won't be able to afford to keep him!

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Charlie at what Price? on 18:32 - Dec 20 with 3862 viewsDylanP

Charlie at what Price? on 18:28 - Dec 20 by kropotkin41

I would have thought that settling his contract is just about the most important thing our club should be doing at the moment!! If this goes on much longer we won't be able to afford to keep him!

We must not sell him in January. No way. No how. He is under contract and there is no hurry. Survival is our number one goal for the season and there is no chance we would be able to find a replacement in January, no matter what we got for him.

If we cannot convince him to signs new contract by next summer (and he keeps up the same sort of goal scoring pace) then we could be thinking about 50 million for him. That would be on par with what other proven goalscorers are worth. remember, if we sell him then we will need to be bringing in a replacement or two, and we are unlikely to find one for that much less.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Charlie at what Price? on 18:33 - Dec 20 with 3850 viewsPommyhoop

Charlie at what Price? on 18:28 - Dec 20 by kropotkin41

I recon that hat trick has lost us Charlie Boy. That and the inevitable call from Woy.
Lets just enjoy him while we can

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Charlie at what Price? on 18:38 - Dec 20 with 3810 viewsBrixtonR

Nothing less than 175 Million !
[Post edited 20 Dec 2014 18:38]
Login to get fewer ads

Charlie at what Price? on 18:44 - Dec 20 with 3769 viewsexiled_dictator

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/qpr-transfer-news-charlie-austin-hints-

i believe we paid burnley £4 million, and given how the current transfer market is, he is undoubtedly worth considerably more. which would be good if we needed to sell him.
but we don't, and if tf has learned anything during his rangers tenure, he would realise that he is irreplaceable. at any price. especially in a january market where teams are still playing for silverware and big bucks.
anything less than £10 million would be a steal, but the real problem would be replacing him which would be more or less impossible.
better to wait till the end of the season, see where we are and go from there. in fact, i cannot see him being sold in the january window under any circumstances.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Charlie at what Price? on 18:46 - Dec 20 with 3753 viewsCiderwithRsie

How much is staying in the Premier League worth to us? Including the FPP fine we'll get hit with if we go down?

Charlie is worth at least that much to us, because without him we'd be down already.
Charlie at what Price? on 18:52 - Dec 20 with 3723 viewsBrixtonR

Charlie at what Price? on 18:46 - Dec 20 by CiderwithRsie

How much is staying in the Premier League worth to us? Including the FPP fine we'll get hit with if we go down?

Charlie is worth at least that much to us, because without him we'd be down already.

Totally. The opportunity cost I think it's called lol
Charlie at what Price? on 19:01 - Dec 20 with 3662 viewsheadhoops

W e sold a non scor ing bench warmer to the scum for ten mill - Charles is worth at least double that

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Charlie at what Price? on 19:05 - Dec 20 with 3627 viewsSpiritofGregory

Charlie at what Price? on 18:32 - Dec 20 by DylanP

We must not sell him in January. No way. No how. He is under contract and there is no hurry. Survival is our number one goal for the season and there is no chance we would be able to find a replacement in January, no matter what we got for him.

If we cannot convince him to signs new contract by next summer (and he keeps up the same sort of goal scoring pace) then we could be thinking about 50 million for him. That would be on par with what other proven goalscorers are worth. remember, if we sell him then we will need to be bringing in a replacement or two, and we are unlikely to find one for that much less.

If we sell in January, we will go down.
Charlie at what Price? on 19:10 - Dec 20 with 3613 viewsDorse

And to think we got £12m for Chris Samba. Austinho has got to be worth so much more to the club than that.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Charlie at what Price? on 19:11 - Dec 20 with 3597 viewsPunteR

Charlie at what Price? on 18:38 - Dec 20 by BrixtonR

Nothing less than 175 Million !
[Post edited 20 Dec 2014 18:38]

Was thinking the same. between 175 and 200...... ball park figure.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Charlie at what Price? on 19:39 - Dec 20 with 3477 viewsHollowayRanger

burnleys ings is out of contract end of season

that's who id go after IF needed and id go after him IF we stay up as well as keep charlie

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Charlie at what Price? on 19:47 - Dec 20 with 3442 viewsMatch82

Charlie at what Price? on 18:33 - Dec 20 by Pommyhoop

I recon that hat trick has lost us Charlie Boy. That and the inevitable call from Woy.
Lets just enjoy him while we can

Good grief I can't believe you find a negative perspective this close after the final whistle. Charlie is a ranger. And he's going to stay one.
Charlie at what Price? on 19:52 - Dec 20 with 3409 viewsqprewan

We need to sign him up on a new contract and do what Swansea did with Bony; put a 20 million buy out clause in the contract.
Charlie at what Price? on 19:56 - Dec 20 with 3392 viewsbosh67

I think we have to make sure he is not for sale at any price. Try and get him tied down to a big long contract because he is worth our place in this division and we know what happened when we sold Les Ferdinand.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Charlie at what Price? on 20:21 - Dec 20 with 3334 viewsingeminate

Charlie at what Price? on 19:56 - Dec 20 by bosh67

I think we have to make sure he is not for sale at any price. Try and get him tied down to a big long contract because he is worth our place in this division and we know what happened when we sold Les Ferdinand.

Reason we've got half a chance of keeping him is he's slow.

Which teams are going to buy him?

Nobody from abroad - Italy Spain Germany, not technically strong enough.

Would have to be domestic.

Never going to appeal to Man U, man city, arsenal, Liverpool (under rogers), chelsea

So who would want him? Everton? Could they afford him, would they think he's better than lukaku? Newcastle? Would they shell out? Do southampton need another striker? West ham if Carroll gets a bad injury.

There just isn't an obvious step up club which would suit his strengths. Unlike remy where chelsea or arsenal was a no brainer.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Charlie at what Price? on 20:32 - Dec 20 with 3284 viewsDylanP

Charlie at what Price? on 20:21 - Dec 20 by ingeminate

Reason we've got half a chance of keeping him is he's slow.

Which teams are going to buy him?

Nobody from abroad - Italy Spain Germany, not technically strong enough.

Would have to be domestic.

Never going to appeal to Man U, man city, arsenal, Liverpool (under rogers), chelsea

So who would want him? Everton? Could they afford him, would they think he's better than lukaku? Newcastle? Would they shell out? Do southampton need another striker? West ham if Carroll gets a bad injury.

There just isn't an obvious step up club which would suit his strengths. Unlike remy where chelsea or arsenal was a no brainer.

I hope other people think like you. I really hope that.

Not technically strong. I have no idea what that means. His goal at Southampton? Not technically strong? His header today? What does it mean.

True that he doesn't have lightning speed or a rocket shot. But he is as technical a player that we have ever had up front. He is always in the right place, He links up really well with other players. He creates chances for himself and for others. He works his socks off. He is great with the ball at his feet, great footwork, great skill. I might even say, great technical skill.

Anyhow, like I said, I hope others think like you.

We must not sell him. I would put a trigger in his contract at 50 million. If someone comes in at that level, then the lad deserves a chance, but anything less than 50 million and he is a Superhoop!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Charlie at what Price? on 20:46 - Dec 20 with 3246 viewsingeminate

Charlie at what Price? on 20:32 - Dec 20 by DylanP

I hope other people think like you. I really hope that.

Not technically strong. I have no idea what that means. His goal at Southampton? Not technically strong? His header today? What does it mean.

True that he doesn't have lightning speed or a rocket shot. But he is as technical a player that we have ever had up front. He is always in the right place, He links up really well with other players. He creates chances for himself and for others. He works his socks off. He is great with the ball at his feet, great footwork, great skill. I might even say, great technical skill.

Anyhow, like I said, I hope others think like you.

We must not sell him. I would put a trigger in his contract at 50 million. If someone comes in at that level, then the lad deserves a chance, but anything less than 50 million and he is a Superhoop!

He is decent technically, sometimes he is awesome and sometimes he is average.

Overall decent.

He is great goal getter, Torres is technically better, but couldn't score for toffee. Point is at the elite level when clubs are thinking champions league they are going to be hesitant about going for Austin as a lead striker.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Charlie at what Price? on 21:02 - Dec 20 with 3189 viewsTacticalR

Charlie at what Price? on 19:05 - Dec 20 by SpiritofGregory

If we sell in January, we will go down.

Exactly.

Air hostess clique

Charlie at what Price? on 21:17 - Dec 20 with 3148 viewsstrikerace

At any price. He may not be the perfect size, or be the best ball handler, etc. However what he does have is what all great strikers have, the uncanny ability to score goals. When he gets the ball anywhere hear the box its going on goal. It doesn't matter if he needs to use his head, foot, knee, or butt. Its going on goal. He also makes great runs, he is always moving and getting open. 11 goals before the half says it all. There is nothing else to debate.
Charlie at what Price? on 21:25 - Dec 20 with 3115 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Any higher than Spurs or Newcastle and he's on the bench at best.

He wants to play and score, he'll be with us and keep us in the prem.

He'll play for England and host MOTD when he retires from football.

He is.... Gary Lineker's clone!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024