Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hoilett -- the terror of the last 10 minutes! 20:24 - Dec 20 with 2827 viewsDylanP

I thought Hoilett played fantastic in the few minutes he had. Looked excellent. He adds so much coming on as a sub. When he runs at defenders, he terrifies them. He never looks very effective when he starts, but he certainly looked effective today. That ball he slipped through to Austin was sublime.

I don't understand why he replaced Vargas, to be honest. I would have taken Fer off, who I thought contributed almost nothing (other than getting fouled, of course) and gave the ball away far too easily. Vargas is always dangerous and having him on one side and Hoilett on the other offers a lot

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Hoilett -- the terror of the last 10 minutes! on 20:27 - Dec 20 with 2805 viewsWeaverQPR

Hoilett looks far more dangerous playing on the RHS

@WeavQPR

Hoilett -- the terror of the last 10 minutes! on 20:29 - Dec 20 with 2801 viewsingeminate

Hoilett -- the terror of the last 10 minutes! on 20:27 - Dec 20 by WeaverQPR

Hoilett looks far more dangerous playing on the RHS

Natural born sub.

Less you see of him more dangerous he looks.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Hoilett -- the terror of the last 10 minutes! on 20:31 - Dec 20 with 2784 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hoilett -- the terror of the last 10 minutes! on 20:29 - Dec 20 by ingeminate

Natural born sub.

Less you see of him more dangerous he looks.

Yep - see also: Phillips, Zamora, Krancjar... way too many of them in our squad!
But great stuff from Junior today - I'm a fan.

Bare bones.

Hoilett -- the terror of the last 10 minutes! on 20:33 - Dec 20 with 2767 viewsbosh67

Fully fit this guy is good and he is only 24. We really need to keep hold of him and play him on the right.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Hoilett -- the terror of the last 10 minutes! on 20:33 - Dec 20 with 2766 viewsDWQPR

Was bloody frustrated though when twice in the last few minutes broke at pace and had chances to play through balls but opted for the corner flag timewasting strategy instead and was easily dispossessed. Really felt that one of those two breaks would have led to a fourth goal.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Hoilett -- the terror of the last 10 minutes! on 20:35 - Dec 20 with 2754 viewsDylanP

I am definitely a fan of Hoilett as a sub. I like the away you put it -- the less you see of him the more dangerous he looks.

I am also a complete convert on Zamora. Last season I was only a fan of him as a sub. This year, other way round. He should start every game, in my opinion. I have done a complete 180 on Zamora. He makes the front line. He just adds so much and makes Austin look like a much better player. Play him as long as his body holds up.

Hoilett -- the terror of the last 10 minutes! on 20:39 - Dec 20 with 2726 viewsbosh67

Hoilett -- the terror of the last 10 minutes! on 20:35 - Dec 20 by DylanP

I am definitely a fan of Hoilett as a sub. I like the away you put it -- the less you see of him the more dangerous he looks.

I am also a complete convert on Zamora. Last season I was only a fan of him as a sub. This year, other way round. He should start every game, in my opinion. I have done a complete 180 on Zamora. He makes the front line. He just adds so much and makes Austin look like a much better player. Play him as long as his body holds up.

Yup Bobby's work rate is exceptional. In no short measure due to the fans getting behind him. It has had a huge impact on him. He's been a different player.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Hoilett -- the terror of the last 10 minutes! on 20:57 - Dec 20 with 2642 viewsted_hendrix

Hoilett had about 20 odd minutes of game time today when he done well, apart from that his time with QPR has been a flop as far as I'm concerned.
If he comes on as a sub like that for the remainder of the season then I'll let him off but overall for me he's been a waste.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Hoilett -- the terror of the last 10 minutes! on 21:05 - Dec 20 with 2594 viewsTacticalR

Hoilett -- the terror of the last 10 minutes! on 20:33 - Dec 20 by DWQPR

Was bloody frustrated though when twice in the last few minutes broke at pace and had chances to play through balls but opted for the corner flag timewasting strategy instead and was easily dispossessed. Really felt that one of those two breaks would have led to a fourth goal.

Agreed. There is a time and a place for taking the ball to the corner, but not when you have a clear opportunity on goal.

Air hostess clique

Hoilett -- the terror of the last 10 minutes! on 21:47 - Dec 20 with 2464 viewsBasingstokeR

I find it hard to be angry at Hoilett after what he did to get the ball to Bobby (via our favourite Derby defender) for "that goal".
Hoilett -- the terror of the last 10 minutes! on 21:51 - Dec 20 with 2440 viewsMatch82

To be fair also created a great chance with a through ball that the defender just got to in front of Austin
Hoilett -- the terror of the last 10 minutes! on 22:05 - Dec 20 with 2392 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Orders is orders, doing what he's told by the gaffer.
Hoilett -- the terror of the last 10 minutes! on 22:11 - Dec 20 with 2349 viewseghamranger

Hoilett -- the terror of the last 10 minutes! on 22:05 - Dec 20 by Hoop_Du_Jour

Orders is orders, doing what he's told by the gaffer.

Harry out!!!!
Hoilett -- the terror of the last 10 minutes! on 22:52 - Dec 20 with 2247 viewscraftyp

Just as well that last chance they had hit the post. Coz if it had gone in we would have been slating him now. Ran into the usual cul de sac and lost possession yet again to create that for them !!
Hoilett -- the terror of the last 10 minutes! on 23:15 - Dec 20 with 2197 viewsWeaverQPR

After throwing a point away vs Liverpool ive no problem going for the corner flag instead of goal number 4

@WeavQPR

Hoilett -- the terror of the last 10 minutes! on 01:51 - Dec 21 with 2017 viewsBklynRanger

Watching it on the old Zaphod Beeblebrox box Hoilett looked ready to play Charlie through the first time but then changed his mind and it all turned to shyte 20 yds later.

The one down by the corner flag was a bit more farcical because he did well for a minute, then seemed to decide he'd done enough and was smiling when the baggies cleared the ball. More aggression please Junior, remember Galipoli I mean Wemberly.
Hoilett -- the terror of the last 10 minutes! on 02:53 - Dec 21 with 1976 viewsHollowayRanger

Hoilett -- the terror of the last 10 minutes! on 22:52 - Dec 20 by craftyp

Just as well that last chance they had hit the post. Coz if it had gone in we would have been slating him now. Ran into the usual cul de sac and lost possession yet again to create that for them !!

might as well slag off vargas instead for costing us their 2nd goal

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Hoilett -- the terror of the last 10 minutes! on 05:00 - Dec 21 with 1932 viewsDylanP

Was not frustrated at all. Its called being a professional footballer I would have been much more frustrated if he had tried to be a hero with 90 seconds left. You go to the corner and take 15 seconds off the clock doing it. Its not rocket science -- you take the three points and are happy with them.

Hoilett -- the terror of the last 10 minutes! on 05:11 - Dec 21 with 1926 viewsBklynRanger

Hoilett -- the terror of the last 10 minutes! on 05:00 - Dec 21 by DylanP

Was not frustrated at all. Its called being a professional footballer I would have been much more frustrated if he had tried to be a hero with 90 seconds left. You go to the corner and take 15 seconds off the clock doing it. Its not rocket science -- you take the three points and are happy with them.

"15 seconds off the clock"

Could you shut up with the basketball phrasiology for five seconds?
Hoilett -- the terror of the last 10 minutes! on 08:26 - Dec 21 with 1829 viewspaulparker

Typical mix bag performance
Comes on and looks dangerous & it was his cross
That set the corner up for the goal
His ability though to run into the corner
Was that of a 7 year old
Twice he done it and twice he fell flat on his arse
From that west brom nearly scored
Still not convinced by him

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Hoilett -- the terror of the last 10 minutes! on 08:53 - Dec 21 with 1761 viewsstuabd

Fantastic? Let's not go overboard here. He came on and looked pretty good and almost dangerous.

He passed earlier than he normally does and that's a good thing. His shooting is pretty predictable though. Does anyone get more shots blocked by the player directly in from of him than Junior? I think there is so much potential there so I hope he becomes more consistent and starts getting more shots on target.
Hoilett -- the terror of the last 10 minutes! on 10:09 - Dec 21 with 1648 viewsjohncharles

Thing is, the opposition don't know Junior as well as we do. They don't know he's the cul de sac kid.
When he came on he looked like another Vargas but more direct. He certainly upset some defenders. Impact sub supreme.

Strong and stable my arse.

Hoilett -- the terror of the last 10 minutes! on 10:24 - Dec 21 with 1628 viewschris1969

I think we signed two players 'Junior' and his brother 'David' when Junior Hoilett turns up he looks great but often or not we get plain old David Hoilett.

Impact sub at best, not sure whats going on with him, I thought he would be more like Sessegnon.
Hoilett -- the terror of the last 10 minutes! on 13:00 - Dec 21 with 1492 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

I was pleased to see him come on but I thought Fer would make way for him. Then it seemed he had conflicting instructions - he ran well with the ball (though slower than when he first joined, he has been told to 'run differently' to avoid injury I think) and made a great pass into the box. Then when a similar chance presented itself he was in two minds and headed to the corner.

I'd love to see more of him playing like he did yesterday but does seem a mixed bag. We certainly haven't got consistent performances out of him which is frustrating. I think that, given our historical transfers, unless we get silly money and have a great replacement lined up then I agree with Bosh that we should keep and nurture him and if he can start churning out more decent performances like this then we'll be happy.
Hoilett -- the terror of the last 10 minutes! on 14:45 - Dec 21 with 1414 viewsfrancisbowles

Hoilett -- the terror of the last 10 minutes! on 05:00 - Dec 21 by DylanP

That might be a good tactic if your Danny Shittu but Hoilett?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024