Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thought the ref had a good game 21:13 - Dec 20 with 4026 viewschris1969

I think he got most of the big decisions right apart from the foul on Vargas which went the other way. Barton would have been a soft penalty and he got the Fer penalty spot on. He let the game flow and wasn't card happy.

I thought sh*t ref chants in the 1st half a bit stupid especially after the penalty decision a few mins earlier.
Thought the ref had a good game on 21:21 - Dec 20 with 3996 viewsBrightonhoop

It's not often I dont suggest that the Ref was of questionable parentage, however he got much right today, even Barton's penalty call.
Thought the ref had a good game on 22:04 - Dec 20 with 3909 viewsTacticalR

That ref was bonkers.

Air hostess clique

Thought the ref had a good game on 22:07 - Dec 20 with 3892 viewsQPR1882

I thought the WBA player should have been given a red for his foul on Fer that gave us the pen.There keeper was on his knees after dropping the ball and yes there were other WBA players around but if Fer had not been pulled back he would of had an easy tap in from 3 feet out, it was an obvious goal scoring chance prevented.
Thought the ref had a good game on 22:46 - Dec 20 with 3822 viewsHAYESBOY

He got a lot wrong. Didn't have a good game at all.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Thought the ref had a good game on 23:04 - Dec 20 with 3779 viewsloftboy

Thought the ref had a good game on 22:46 - Dec 20 by HAYESBOY

At one point I thought he morphed into Gavin ward

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Thought the ref had a good game on 00:05 - Dec 21 with 3693 viewschris1969

Thought the ref had a good game on 22:46 - Dec 20 by HAYESBOY

Watched it again on Sky and can't argue with many decisions. Always easy to blame the ref but West Brom were better than us for most of the game and the penalty was a key factor in us getting back in the game. Many refs wouldn't have spotted the pull back on Fer.
Thought the ref had a good game on 12:58 - Dec 21 with 3542 viewsconnell10

I thought the ref was crap!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Thought the ref had a good game on 13:33 - Dec 21 with 3497 viewsfrancisbowles

Depends what the benchmark is! He may have been correct and brave with the penalty but he and his team got a lot of decisions wrong. For example three successive WBA attacks that were allowed to carry on early in the game that were suspiciously offside from my view in the SA Rd and friends in the Ellerslie, Caulker's pull of an opponent near the half way line seen by our stand but missed by him and his assistant and Henry jumping into the back of an opponent which he went to whistle but then allowed play to continue when there wasn't an advantage.

I also thought that the Barton incident was a penalty but can understand him missing it as it happened pretty quick, was a spectacular fall and I think he was behind it.

I believe that the standard of refereeing has been getting worse but I empathise with them because the game is getting faster etc and it is very difficult to cope. I believe it is time to review and try something different. For instance put a senior official in the stand, with technology and allow him to overule the referee when an obvious mistake has occured.
Login to get fewer ads

Thought the ref had a good game on 13:43 - Dec 21 with 3482 viewspaulparker

What game was you watching??
Every 50/50 he gave to them , Zamora was having his shirt taken off him
And we got nothing,
He was whistle happy and flounced around like modern day Rodger Milford

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Thought the ref had a good game on 13:46 - Dec 21 with 3476 viewsPinnerPaul

I don't often criticise referees but thought he had a poor game.

Not for me, because of the one off the one decisions, eg Barton's pen, because you have to be sure in those circumstances but his inconsistency in the match got me.

You have to be consistent in your method of treating certain challenges and really don't think he did that yesterday.
Thought the ref had a good game on 13:52 - Dec 21 with 3469 viewsDylanP

If you watch the replay for the penalty, when the corner was put in, the WBA player has two hand around Fer and is consciously holding him down. How is that not a penalty on its own? It seems to me that the last couple of years, refs have taken he old adage "there is always going to be some tussling in the box on a corner" to the utter absurd extreme. If a ref won't step in when there is such obvious holding, what is the point of there being a ref? Now I know the ref eventually gave a penalty in that situation, but it wasn't for that hold on the corner, but it was for the pull back on the second chance. Maybe the forward needs to deliver a sharp elbow to the gut -- its the ref complains about unnecessary roughness the forward can simply say "if you aren't going to protect me from being held, then you can hardly complain if I protect myself".

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Thought the ref had a good game on 14:25 - Dec 21 with 3434 viewsHAYESBOY

From memory and now having just watched the Sky main game.

Blatant push in the back on Vargas on the edge of the area.

McCauley fouling Zamora throughout the game.

Trip on Fer mid second half not given.

Joey Barton Penalty aptly covered by goals on Sunday. He had a clear view and didn't give it.

The trip on Hoillett late in the game near the corner flag.

A yellow for Dunne when he hardly touched the forward.

The offside for Austin when Vargas was onside and getting to the ball.

Yes he gave the pen, but then not even a word with Morrison. Should have been a yellow.

A foul given to Morrison with Henry just standing his ground near our D.

A few others as well.

Sorry, he was poor throughout the game.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Thought the ref had a good game on 15:37 - Dec 21 with 3373 viewsDiscodroids

im glad he didnt book vargas for that quite wonderful exhibition of an alien face hugger leaping from its egg in the penalty area in the first half.

i thought he'd been blown up by a land mine such was the height reached by his dive , with their goalie giving him back his leg.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2014 15:41]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Thought the ref had a good game on 15:39 - Dec 21 with 3374 viewsRs_Holy

Thought the ref had a good game on 14:25 - Dec 21 by HAYESBOY

From memory and now having just watched the Sky main game.

Blatant push in the back on Vargas on the edge of the area.

McCauley fouling Zamora throughout the game.

Trip on Fer mid second half not given.

Joey Barton Penalty aptly covered by goals on Sunday. He had a clear view and didn't give it.

The trip on Hoillett late in the game near the corner flag.

A yellow for Dunne when he hardly touched the forward.

The offside for Austin when Vargas was onside and getting to the ball.

Yes he gave the pen, but then not even a word with Morrison. Should have been a yellow.

A foul given to Morrison with Henry just standing his ground near our D.

A few others as well.

Sorry, he was poor throughout the game.

Agree totally with this post... The ref was very poor!
Thought the ref had a good game on 16:33 - Dec 21 with 3320 viewsjohncharles

Thought the ref had a good game on 21:21 - Dec 20 by Brightonhoop

It's not often I dont suggest that the Ref was of questionable parentage, however he got much right today, even Barton's penalty call.

You haven't seen the replays ?
Kamara and Allardyce went through it on Goals on Sunday. Not much doubt it was a penalty.

Strong and stable my arse.

Thought the ref had a good game on 16:39 - Dec 21 with 3309 viewsCHUBBS

A weak referee who started giving them everything after our penalty as he clearly felt nervous about the decision.
We should have had another pen and they should have had a few wrong decisions go their way.
At least he gave us the 1st pen when many wouldn't have.
5/10
Thought the ref had a good game on 00:05 - Dec 22 with 3212 viewsderbyhoop

Very consistent. Gave nothing all game. For both sides.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Thought the ref had a good game on 00:13 - Dec 22 with 3205 viewseastside_r

OP obviously watching a different game to me. Not particularly biased for either side - just rubbish IMHO.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2014 0:16]
Thought the ref had a good game on 08:50 - Dec 22 with 3134 viewsRangers67

I thought he was total sh*t, how do you NOT even caution a player for committing a foul in the six yard box that lead to our penalty ? If that wasn,t a goal scoring opportunity then I don,t know what is, t*sser all game
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024