Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nice bit of skippering by Joey at the end 21:55 - Dec 20 with 3752 viewsbosh67

After Charlie got the match ball, Joey gathered the team in for a huddle, very much like at the Wigan game. Good skippering that.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Nice bit of skippering by Joey at the end on 22:02 - Dec 20 with 3674 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

We need a Haka. A gurning Dickie Dunne would put the sh1ts up any team!
Nice bit of skippering by Joey at the end on 23:12 - Dec 20 with 3459 viewsade_qpr

Nice bit of skippering by Joey at the end on 22:02 - Dec 20 by Hoop_Du_Jour

We need a Haka. A gurning Dickie Dunne would put the sh1ts up any team!

Yep bring back Danny Shittu to help Dunny lead the charge

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Nice bit of skippering by Joey at the end on 23:52 - Dec 20 with 3333 viewsDeepcutHoop

Nice bit of skippering by Joey at the end on 23:12 - Dec 20 by ade_qpr

Yep bring back Danny Shittu to help Dunny lead the charge

HAve to say it reminded me of Gerrard's little bit of theatre for the cameras last season.

"This does not slip!!"

then....

Seriously though, I like to see the team looking like they're up for this fight.
Nice bit of skippering by Joey at the end on 00:10 - Dec 21 with 3252 viewsdavman

Showing THAT lot score a goal on here - surely a ban????

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Nice bit of skippering by Joey at the end on 01:18 - Dec 21 with 3151 viewsTacticalR

I thought it was Blackie's job to organise the group hugs?

Air hostess clique

Nice bit of skippering by Joey at the end on 08:10 - Dec 21 with 2947 viewsBlue_Castello

Agreed that's what the fans want to see, we won that game because of the team spirit in the second half, every player started to challenge a lot harder and the work rate appeared to increase.

Also interesting to see that by the end of the game of the 11 players in that huddle, 9 of them are from last years promotion side, that's key to creating team spirit which is vital for us if we are to survive this season.

TBH a great bloody relief after our previous two seasons in the Prem when it looked like we had a bunch of strangers on the pitch, and that's putting it politely.
Nice bit of skippering by Joey at the end on 10:14 - Dec 21 with 2716 viewsDeepcutHoop

Nice bit of skippering by Joey at the end on 08:10 - Dec 21 by Blue_Castello

Agreed that's what the fans want to see, we won that game because of the team spirit in the second half, every player started to challenge a lot harder and the work rate appeared to increase.

Also interesting to see that by the end of the game of the 11 players in that huddle, 9 of them are from last years promotion side, that's key to creating team spirit which is vital for us if we are to survive this season.

TBH a great bloody relief after our previous two seasons in the Prem when it looked like we had a bunch of strangers on the pitch, and that's putting it politely.

Sorry Dav, No offence intended. TBH though, I'm beginning to feel more antipathy towards Liverpool and their insufferable fans, than Chelsea these days (mellowing as I get old maybe)

That particular sequence of events though was so comedically perfect, it surely transcends the rivalry?
Nice bit of skippering by Joey at the end on 13:37 - Dec 21 with 2522 viewsterryb

I thought it was great captaincy when hw were given the penalty as well.

Barton picked up the ball & walked it to Charlie. To me that said "This is yours, forget the miss against Hull & put it in the net"!
Login to get fewer ads

Nice bit of skippering by Joey at the end on 13:49 - Dec 21 with 2499 viewsPinnerPaul

Also all our goals came from corners taken by a certain Mr JB!

Well played that man!
Nice bit of skippering by Joey at the end on 14:15 - Dec 21 with 2448 viewsDylanP

All 11 players looked absolutely drained in that video. It looks like they gave every drop of energy that they had; left every ounce out there on the pitch. That is what you want to see. They didn't play the most elegant game of football, but they were certainly up for the fight and giving all they got for the cause.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Nice bit of skippering by Joey at the end on 14:27 - Dec 21 with 2432 viewsHAYESBOY

I thought the group hug was poor.

I mean there were gaps in the middle, people arriving late.........very shoddy.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Nice bit of skippering by Joey at the end on 14:50 - Dec 21 with 2389 viewstraininvain

I thought Barton's last half hour yesterday was his best performance in a QPR shirt. He put in a real captain's shift.

But unfortunately he's still an utter bell end. Why does he feel the need to come out with sh1t like this which is bound to bite us in the backside on Boxing Day...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/joey-barton-arsenals-inconsistent-al
Nice bit of skippering by Joey at the end on 15:47 - Dec 21 with 2295 viewsandygg

Maybe if they did the group hug before the game, we wouldnt have gone 2-0 down.
just saying like.
Nice bit of skippering by Joey at the end on 17:10 - Dec 21 with 2207 viewsCHUBBS

He gives everything for the cause but his passing and decision making in the 1st half was shocking again and he should be dropped but we don't really have a viable replacement with Sandro out.
We need a central midfielder in the window as that combination is no where near good enough for the Premier league.
We were very lucky yesterday but sooner or later our luck will run out.
Nice bit of skippering by Joey at the end on 17:23 - Dec 21 with 2181 viewsAntti_Heinola

Nice bit of skippering by Joey at the end on 17:10 - Dec 21 by CHUBBS

He gives everything for the cause but his passing and decision making in the 1st half was shocking again and he should be dropped but we don't really have a viable replacement with Sandro out.
We need a central midfielder in the window as that combination is no where near good enough for the Premier league.

Agree Chubbs - Barton had a good second half and whoopdidoo gave everyone a hug after. But maybe if he hadn't been so utterly, utterly diabolical first half we may not have been two-down - bit of leadership before the game rather than after Austin saved our asses again, required perhaps?

Bare bones.

Nice bit of skippering by Joey at the end on 17:58 - Dec 21 with 2130 viewsGloryHunter

Nice bit of skippering by Joey at the end on 17:10 - Dec 21 by CHUBBS

Absolutely agree. Keeps giving the ball away with over-ambitious passes. Insists on taking all the corners, even when Niko was on the pitch at the end. Alright, he delivered the corner that Charlie scored from, but the one before that was typically poor, and we were lucky to get another chance.
Nice bit of skippering by Joey at the end on 19:11 - Dec 21 with 2032 viewsHollowayRanger

JB was our 3rd best player yesterday behind Austin and green

as for costing us the 2nd goal if anyone is to blame its vargas who lost it

barton was everywhere yesterday and set a pace few could match

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Nice bit of skippering by Joey at the end on 21:02 - Dec 21 with 1919 viewsterryb

Nice bit of skippering by Joey at the end on 19:11 - Dec 21 by HollowayRanger

JB was our 3rd best player yesterday behind Austin and green

as for costing us the 2nd goal if anyone is to blame its vargas who lost it

barton was everywhere yesterday and set a pace few could match

Didn't quite see it like that.

He was the worst player on the pitch in the first half.

Second half he didn't give the ball away anything like the same & he made a lot of blocks & tackles.

I never question his workrate or desire to win, so I will always allow him some wayward pases ,but I doubt that he made one sucessful pass in the first forty five yesterday!
Nice bit of skippering by Joey at the end on 12:47 - Dec 22 with 1633 viewssimmo

That game was the absolute best and worst of Barton the player. At times awful, gave the ball away constantly, even when he was trying to pass 5 yards ahead of him, tried fancy shit and was struggling. But it was peppered with good interceptions, good balls to the wingers to initiate attacks (especially to Hoilett) and set piece deliveries that gave our lads a chance to attack.

The 3rd goal summed it up, the worst corner I might have ever seen instantly followed by a perfect one plum on Charlies head. But credit where it's due on the whole, he had a really strong 2nd half, especially the last 15mins. When it's that type of game, holding on, bodies on the line, backs to the wall, everybody doing their doggies and nothing more, he's a great player to have on the park.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Nice bit of skippering by Joey at the end on 13:30 - Dec 22 with 1553 viewsR_from_afar

Nice bit of skippering by Joey at the end on 12:47 - Dec 22 by simmo

That game was the absolute best and worst of Barton the player. At times awful, gave the ball away constantly, even when he was trying to pass 5 yards ahead of him, tried fancy shit and was struggling. But it was peppered with good interceptions, good balls to the wingers to initiate attacks (especially to Hoilett) and set piece deliveries that gave our lads a chance to attack.

The 3rd goal summed it up, the worst corner I might have ever seen instantly followed by a perfect one plum on Charlies head. But credit where it's due on the whole, he had a really strong 2nd half, especially the last 15mins. When it's that type of game, holding on, bodies on the line, backs to the wall, everybody doing their doggies and nothing more, he's a great player to have on the park.

I reckon you are spot on. Joey served up a mixed bag of good stuff and rubbish.

I still don't think we have a better central midfield partnership than him and Henry and luckily, Redknapp seems to agree, well, at least while the tombola is having its annual service.....

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Nice bit of skippering by Joey at the end on 15:06 - Dec 22 with 1449 viewsPinnerPaul

Nice bit of skippering by Joey at the end on 15:47 - Dec 21 by andygg

Maybe if they did the group hug before the game, we wouldnt have gone 2-0 down.
just saying like.

Apparently they do - in the dressing room.

One of the players mentioned it in an interview I saw/read this season.
Nice bit of skippering by Joey at the end on 15:08 - Dec 22 with 1444 viewsPinnerPaul

Nice bit of skippering by Joey at the end on 17:58 - Dec 21 by GloryHunter

Absolutely agree. Keeps giving the ball away with over-ambitious passes. Insists on taking all the corners, even when Niko was on the pitch at the end. Alright, he delivered the corner that Charlie scored from, but the one before that was typically poor, and we were lucky to get another chance.

and the corners from which we scored the other two goals!

JB agenda strikes again!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024