Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barton's corners 22:03 - Dec 20 with 1862 viewsMatch82

All season I've been saying what a waste this is, they seem to be consistently poor and never really in chances.

Today I'm eating humble pie.
First goal, keeper spills the corner and penalty is given because fer is looking like he'll get into the rebound. Soft penalty and more to do with the keeper and defender colliding than quality of set piece, but nonetheless it comes from a Barton corner.

Second goal, Dunne header from the corner, Charlie pokes in the rebound. Credit to Zamora particularly here for the assist, 90% of strikers would have gone for goal but that was a very unselfish and wise header back across for Charlie.

Third goal, direct header from corner. Great cross, fantastic finish.

Charles clearly man of the match. And Joey generally wasn't that great today. But credit where it is due, his delivery from set pieces today was a massive improvement and a big reason for the three points.
Barton's corners on 22:41 - Dec 20 with 1793 viewsTrom

Thought Barton looked better today than he's done for a while.

Lucky to get a second chance at the corner that gave us the winner mind.

Fer though was disappointing really lacks commitment when going for challenges.
Barton's corners on 23:10 - Dec 20 with 1730 viewsBklynRanger

For the third goal, on the retake Dunne was motioning to him to send it in flat. Clearly he wanted to do what he'd done for the second and throw down a bit of South Dublin ultraviolence on the opposing defenders.

I think their awareness of that was partly what gave Charlie the space to come in with his Austin-for-England textbook header.
Barton's corners on 23:18 - Dec 20 with 1689 viewsCiderwithRsie

Yes, I was sort of thinking the same thing, including the humble pie.

Fingers crossed that he keeps it up.
Barton's corners on 00:22 - Dec 21 with 1570 viewschris1969

Barton's corners on 23:18 - Dec 20 by CiderwithRsie

Yes, I was sort of thinking the same thing, including the humble pie.

Fingers crossed that he keeps it up.

Barton has been so consistent, very intelligent footballer and he covers some ground. His blocks and tackles in defence often go unnoticed and he gets back to cover so well. Number 3 on my team sheet behind Austin and Dunne (Green 4th)
Barton's corners on 02:46 - Dec 21 with 1469 viewsHollowayRanger

yep watched barton closely today sure messed up passes some only 10 yard ones

but the guy NEVER stopped working running was everywhere put in some vital blocks as well and never hid

Austin
green
barton
dunne

my top 4

worst 3

fer hiding
vargas muscled out
onouha bit mean but not a rightback

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024