Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil Neville 23:36 - Dec 20 with 2853 viewsflynnbo

Poor pundit.
Phil Neville on 23:50 - Dec 20 with 2804 viewsWeaverQPR

Yep, 'Qpr need to play the same way away from home' or words to that effect. No shit.

@WeavQPR

Phil Neville on 23:52 - Dec 20 with 2790 viewseghamranger

His brother is miles better, and better player
Phil Neville on 00:58 - Dec 21 with 2648 viewsqpr1976

Shame no one pointed out to him, we have done (played 4-4-2 Away) and it made little difference. In fact, we've tried most formations Away.
Phil Neville on 07:25 - Dec 21 with 2514 viewsStratfordBoy

Plus that nitwit Shearer perpetuating the old myth that we have a small pitch, for heaven's sake someone please tell them it's standard size, do your homework you muppets.
Phil Neville on 08:37 - Dec 21 with 2390 viewsqprmeath

LIne the goal formation only one we haven,t tried
Phil Neville on 09:16 - Dec 21 with 2276 viewsLowerloftLad

On the way home I was listing to arry on the radio he said we pack pace so its hard for us to hit teams on the break away from home ...... Alan shearer then just repeats word for word what arry has said there is no real need for him to be analysing

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Phil Neville on 10:28 - Dec 21 with 2145 viewsChesterfieldR

Phil Neville on 07:25 - Dec 21 by StratfordBoy

Plus that nitwit Shearer perpetuating the old myth that we have a small pitch, for heaven's sake someone please tell them it's standard size, do your homework you muppets.

Rangers pitch is the third smallest in the Premier League, only West Ham and Spurs are smaller. They are a standard size unless stadium limitations prevent.
Phil Neville on 10:48 - Dec 21 with 2102 viewsgobbles

But he did put his finger on the problem away, which is sitting too deep
Login to get fewer ads

Phil Neville on 11:33 - Dec 21 with 2005 viewsstansleftfoot

Phil Neville on 10:28 - Dec 21 by ChesterfieldR

Rangers pitch is the third smallest in the Premier League, only West Ham and Spurs are smaller. They are a standard size unless stadium limitations prevent.

I think the point about the size of the pitch is that the proximity of the fans to the actual pitch inhibits opposition players.
The power of QPR's of support in terms of volume, and the fact that opposition players can actually hear individual comments, remarks and abuse provides a huge advantage.
In my experience Loftus Road is narrower but longer against most other pitch's, this makes a marginal difference but quite valuable difference to the impact to the use of the channels and the wing.
Great players at QPR over the years have all had a fantastic first touch, an ability to beat the first player, and an awareness of space.
All these abilities provide solutions to the lack of space that Loftus Road's pitch size gives.
It's never quite clear about the QPR pitch, it has been as wide as 72 metres and as narrower as 66 metres....I think I remember Mullery messing with the width, and maybe Venables might have messed about with its size due the the cost of omiturf per square metre....?
I'm constantly surprised by the lack of the use of the Offside rule as a strategy but that might be the nerves in relation to the inability of Linesman/refs to make the right decision.
To me a smaller pitch makes the decision and the management of a robust Offside strategy even more important.
Phil Neville on 11:40 - Dec 21 with 2000 viewsJamie

They are reading the 'analysis' off an autocue. Hardly Phils fault that Sky have better scriptwriters.
Phil Neville on 11:45 - Dec 21 with 1986 viewsflynnbo

Perhaps, but he was also guilty on a live game not so long ago involving Hungary at Wembley claiming it was their country's greatest achievement scoring a goal there.
Phil Neville on 11:56 - Dec 21 with 1966 viewsToast_R

The position of the TV gantry is what makes the pitch seem small. As the camera is virtually in line with the by line it does make the pitch seem small on screen. In fact when there's a throw on that side, the camera is unable to squeeze the whole of the pitch on screen.

Highbury used to be the same. The pitch looked narrower due to the camera angle. Same issue. The pundits back in the studio are just thick to not realise its just an illusion.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2014 11:57]
Phil Neville on 12:43 - Dec 21 with 1888 viewskensalriser

I don't think it's anything to do with the proximity of the stands or the aspect of the TV gantry. It really is about the size of the pitch, which is the smallest in the prem (see below).

But I think the difference in size is overstated. Most pitches are 105 x 68, QPR's at 100 x 65.585 is just over 92% of that. Against the other smaller pitches (West Ham, Stoke, Spurs) the percentage difference is even less.

http://m.premierleague.com/content/dam/premierleague/site-content/News/publicati

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024