Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fer.. Piss poor... 02:39 - Dec 21 with 5401 viewsWilloW4

Well played to the hoops for turning that around .. But have a look a at leroy fer, awful today... Two decent touches in 90 plus mins.. Fer is a bottle job midfielder, waste of space lightweight..!!
Fer.. Piss poor... on 23:49 - Dec 21 with 1707 viewsqprewan

Yes he had a poor game yesterday but he was brilliant a couple of weeks back against Burnley; we have just got to stick with these players for the time being and give them support; at least they are all trying and that is all I can ask for as a supporter...The alternative is to drop them for weeks/ months on end as we have done with Philips and destroy their confidence. Let's keep on getting behind our team despite their limitations and see where it gets us... was lovely to see Clint Hill back in yesterday.. come on you r's!
Fer.. Piss poor... on 23:51 - Dec 21 with 1702 viewsNorthernr

Well King Joey gave the ball away five times in the first 14 minutes yesterday as well, but, yeh, got them together at the end for a bit of a sing song.
Fer.. Piss poor... on 00:20 - Dec 22 with 1685 viewsderbyhoop

Talking to an Everton fan on the bus from Goodison to city centre said " what a good player that Fer is". Opinions, opinions.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Fer.. Piss poor... on 01:17 - Dec 22 with 1656 viewsMonkey_Roots

I think Fer looks assured on the ball, likes to get forward, picks out a nice pass and looks capable of getting you 3 or 4 goals a season. But I think the most important thing I think he does is carries the ball through to the forwards - always need someone capable of linking play. Apart from that, what do you want from him? Is he going to lose the ball at times? Yes, when you try and use handy footwork to evade a player it doesn't always work out, if it did he wouldn't be playing for us - you have to expect a few flaws at the level we as a club are at (I don't mean 'premier league', I mean the 'just above championship' level). I thought Fer was our best player against Everton, but others thought he was 'languid'... Opinions I suppose.

Also, it looks bleeding obvious to me the Hoilett is supposed to be on the right - I haven't seen him run at, and pass a player like that for bloody ages.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Fer.. Piss poor... on 01:44 - Dec 22 with 1650 viewsBklynRanger

So it seems that we don't really know if Fer is any good or not. Fair enough, I like a good surprise.
Fer.. Piss poor... on 05:03 - Dec 22 with 1618 viewstimcocking

Ok, he didn't have a great game and he does seem sometimes lazy, but Fer is one of few of our players who can put his foot on the ball. He's definitely not sh!t.

Problem for me is he (like so many others) is playing out of position. We have Fer, Mutch, Kranjcar, Taarabt all competing against each other to play in the number 10 position (Swansea have it right, Sigurdson every game) and the irony is, with our system, not one of them gets to play there. Again, that's surely down to the management.
Fer.. Piss poor... on 09:22 - Dec 22 with 1548 viewsJonDoeman

Has Mutch of nothingness had a thread yet? I like Leroy , room for improvement but we've had a bit out of him, & reckon he'll end up being considered a good signing. Far more worried Sandrose & Mutch .

It Is What It Is !!

Fer.. Piss poor... on 09:46 - Dec 22 with 1531 viewsstevec

Fer.. Piss poor... on 01:17 - Dec 22 by Monkey_Roots

I think Fer looks assured on the ball, likes to get forward, picks out a nice pass and looks capable of getting you 3 or 4 goals a season. But I think the most important thing I think he does is carries the ball through to the forwards - always need someone capable of linking play. Apart from that, what do you want from him? Is he going to lose the ball at times? Yes, when you try and use handy footwork to evade a player it doesn't always work out, if it did he wouldn't be playing for us - you have to expect a few flaws at the level we as a club are at (I don't mean 'premier league', I mean the 'just above championship' level). I thought Fer was our best player against Everton, but others thought he was 'languid'... Opinions I suppose.

Also, it looks bleeding obvious to me the Hoilett is supposed to be on the right - I haven't seen him run at, and pass a player like that for bloody ages.

Didn't have his best game but I like Fer. Don't think we have anyone else who can run at centre midfield opposition and have even a remote chance of hanging onto the ball.

Inclined to stop slagging off the midfield until we get a hold up man up front who can last the full 90 minutes.
Login to get fewer ads

Fer.. Piss poor... on 09:51 - Dec 22 with 1523 viewsthemodfather

he didn't have a good game, but have we found the system that works for him? our midfield looks very unsettled....woeful passing from BARTON again
but we won, it's xmas so hey, celebrate good times!
we are out of the drop zone and rocketed up the table, we are in a new world up there!! i never knew there were places above 4th bottom!!
Fer.. Piss poor... on 10:34 - Dec 22 with 1503 viewsLoft1979

Fer.. Piss poor... on 09:46 - Dec 22 by stevec

Didn't have his best game but I like Fer. Don't think we have anyone else who can run at centre midfield opposition and have even a remote chance of hanging onto the ball.

Inclined to stop slagging off the midfield until we get a hold up man up front who can last the full 90 minutes.

Fer is not an issue.
There ARE issues ...LOTS of issues but Leroy is not even in the top 10.
Fer.. Piss poor... on 10:44 - Dec 22 with 1499 viewsPinnerPaul

Fer.. Piss poor... on 23:51 - Dec 21 by Northernr

Well King Joey gave the ball away five times in the first 14 minutes yesterday as well, but, yeh, got them together at the end for a bit of a sing song.

Oh come on Clive, Fer gave the ball away for fun, the fact that JB did as well doesn't make LF's performance any better!

When Clint came on, he ran 50 years straight to Leroy and told him to buck his ideas up.

With all due respect to all on here, THAT's an opinion I'm taking notice of!

Everyone, gave the ball away in the first half hour, inc JB, but to say , as others, not you, have done that Fer had a better game than JB is a joke.

Plenty of anger.p*** takes about Barton's corners all season, very quiet about them now.

Harry/JB - people have agendas and try to make "facts" fit those most of the time.
Fer.. Piss poor... on 11:42 - Dec 22 with 1473 viewsJonDoeman

Fer.. Piss poor... on 23:51 - Dec 21 by Northernr

Barton was really good 2nd half .

It Is What It Is !!

Fer.. Piss poor... on 11:44 - Dec 22 with 1471 viewsNorthernr

Fer.. Piss poor... on 11:42 - Dec 22 by JonDoeman

Barton was really good 2nd half .

Yeh he was, excellent, because he stuck to running around breaking things up and moving the ball on. If he'd stick to that he'd be great for us.
Fer.. Piss poor... on 12:01 - Dec 22 with 1443 viewspaulparker

Fer.. Piss poor... on 10:44 - Dec 22 by PinnerPaul

Oh come on Clive, Fer gave the ball away for fun, the fact that JB did as well doesn't make LF's performance any better!

When Clint came on, he ran 50 years straight to Leroy and told him to buck his ideas up.

With all due respect to all on here, THAT's an opinion I'm taking notice of!

Everyone, gave the ball away in the first half hour, inc JB, but to say , as others, not you, have done that Fer had a better game than JB is a joke.

Plenty of anger.p*** takes about Barton's corners all season, very quiet about them now.

Harry/JB - people have agendas and try to make "facts" fit those most of the time.

Pinner re Bartons corners the 1st one he took before the 3rd goal went straight to the wba player who luckly for us hoofed it out for another corner from which we scored
lets not carried away by the fact that for once his corners went past the 1st man

as for Fer he isn't a LM, IMHO he would be better suited to a position like tim cahill played for Everon , he is a danger at set plays and flick ons , my only problem with him is he bottles challenges and has problem keeping the ball

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Fer.. Piss poor... on 12:31 - Dec 22 with 1416 viewsR_from_afar

My issue with Fer on Saturday was that on many occasions when West Brom had the ball, Fer was hanging around without actually marking or tracking anyone.

We are simply not good enough for any of our players to switch off when we lose the ball.

For balance, there was a West Brom attack down the left wing where Vargas was slow to track his man and catastrophe nearly ensued although Viva Ed did quickly realise his mistake and chased the guy.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Fer.. Piss poor... on 12:31 - Dec 22 with 1403 viewsPinnerPaul

Fer.. Piss poor... on 12:01 - Dec 22 by paulparker

Pinner re Bartons corners the 1st one he took before the 3rd goal went straight to the wba player who luckly for us hoofed it out for another corner from which we scored
lets not carried away by the fact that for once his corners went past the 1st man

as for Fer he isn't a LM, IMHO he would be better suited to a position like tim cahill played for Everon , he is a danger at set plays and flick ons , my only problem with him is he bottles challenges and has problem keeping the ball

"Lets not get carried away"

What you mean like the thread dedicated to insulting him and calling him a C**T started after the Everton game?

And the bad corner before the one we scored from, does that mean he only took 2 good corners then?

Agendas, as I've said before.
Fer.. Piss poor... on 12:45 - Dec 22 with 1392 viewspaulparker

Fer.. Piss poor... on 12:31 - Dec 22 by PinnerPaul

"Lets not get carried away"

What you mean like the thread dedicated to insulting him and calling him a C**T started after the Everton game?

And the bad corner before the one we scored from, does that mean he only took 2 good corners then?

Agendas, as I've said before.

No Agendas Pinner , but lets face it Bartons set pieces are generally poor
the 3rd goal like I said we got lucky with as the 1st attempt was shocking & went straight to there player who luckily for us hoofed it back to where it came ,

Barton got pelters and rightfully so off people on this MB as his performance at Everton was shocking , and he was poor in the 1st half on Saturday as was all of our midfield.
IMHO Barton is an average at best Premier League player it will be interesting who actually goes for him when his contract expires

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Fer.. Piss poor... on 00:42 - Dec 23 with 1316 viewsTacticalR

Won us the penalty...

...but ok, not his best game.

Air hostess clique

Fer.. Piss poor... on 16:17 - Dec 23 with 1254 viewsjoolsyp

Fer.. Piss poor... on 11:44 - Dec 22 by Northernr

Yeh he was, excellent, because he stuck to running around breaking things up and moving the ball on. If he'd stick to that he'd be great for us.

I know it's stating the obvious but Joey needs to play alongside somebody more dynamic than Carlos Henry. Henry's done a job for us but he's a side to side, short passes, break it up player so Joey then feels the need to play Hollywood passes and get forward more which leaves us hopelessly exposed. With Sandro injured we still need a strong, pacey central midfielder to play alongside JB. I thought Mutch might be that man but clearly not. If we persist with Henry and Barton in the middle away from home I can see the pointless run continuing. How about Capoue on loan - is he playing for Spuds at the moment?
Fer.. Piss poor... on 16:38 - Dec 23 with 1245 views08olesen

I thought he had a bad game but i would take him over Mutch. Fer looks great when he is dribbling up the pitch. He just should not do it in out half. i think Hoilet was great when he came on, and he should start on the right vs Arsenal.

As for the left. How about Scott Sinclair on loan. He can play left wing as well as striker. Although im not sure about LM. I think Fer can still be great for us though, he is very talented with the ball at his feet, but like others, i think the no.10 position would be better for him.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Fer.. Piss poor... on 17:23 - Dec 23 with 1222 viewsTacticalR

I'm not sure that Fer's actually lazy. To give him the benefit of the doubt, you might just say that he's not a man who likes to chase lost causes.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2014 17:34]

Air hostess clique

Fer.. Piss poor... on 17:42 - Dec 23 with 1207 viewsR_from_afar

Fer.. Piss poor... on 16:17 - Dec 23 by joolsyp

I know it's stating the obvious but Joey needs to play alongside somebody more dynamic than Carlos Henry. Henry's done a job for us but he's a side to side, short passes, break it up player so Joey then feels the need to play Hollywood passes and get forward more which leaves us hopelessly exposed. With Sandro injured we still need a strong, pacey central midfielder to play alongside JB. I thought Mutch might be that man but clearly not. If we persist with Henry and Barton in the middle away from home I can see the pointless run continuing. How about Capoue on loan - is he playing for Spuds at the moment?

Sorry, I don't agree with leaving Henry out. We concede a lot of goals so Henry, as our most dependable defensive midfielder, needs to play.

Redknapp has tried playing four flair players in our midfield before this season and we got battered.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Fer.. Piss poor... on 18:38 - Dec 23 with 1178 viewsjoolsyp

Fer.. Piss poor... on 17:42 - Dec 23 by R_from_afar

Sorry, I don't agree with leaving Henry out. We concede a lot of goals so Henry, as our most dependable defensive midfielder, needs to play.

Redknapp has tried playing four flair players in our midfield before this season and we got battered.

RFA

I'm not necessarily arguing for a flair player but somebody who can actually carry the ball forwards rather than sideways. We are woefully short of pace throughout the spine of the team which is why I think we are so poor away from home. Barton and Henry sit too deep away from home and West Brom had them sussed in the first 20 mins on Sat - just pass around them.

You could leave Henry in there but I think Barton has more in his locker if he's disciplined enough to play that defensive role and give it to someone who can link the attack. A big if mind.
Fer.. Piss poor... on 23:40 - Dec 23 with 1133 viewsNathanNI

The thing I find with Barton is after a spell out from injury he takes a bit of time to get back into a good run of form. It's almost as if he tries too much too soon.

Just a thought.
Fer.. Piss poor... on 23:51 - Dec 23 with 1126 viewsdaveB

I wasn't a fan of Fer before we signed him and have a few issues with his performances but I do admire the way he has been asked to play a new position for the team and rather than moan about it has just got on with it, scored a few goals and done ok, also seems a top bloke after throwing himself into work with the tiger cubs when he didn't have to.

I think to call him piss poor is ridiculous
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024