Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arsenal 18:09 - Dec 21 with 6463 viewsPetros

Roll on Boxing Day, Arsenal were very poor today
Arsenal on 14:51 - Dec 22 with 1609 viewsizlingtonhoop

Arsenal on 10:14 - Dec 22 by Discodroids

just had to post this...the face of premiership football...

bring back gerald sinsdat..

incredible

Who the fluck is Sammy Nazzery anyway...?

These people clearly have not got to the L section of the dictionary yet.
Arsenal on 22:13 - Dec 22 with 1510 viewsdaveB

Arsenal on 10:29 - Dec 22 by Rangersw12

Are you Redknapp in disguise ?

no but with the best will in the world we're not going to beat arsenal away and have a strong chance of beating palace at home so I'd rest key players for Palace, the number of games over christmas is crazy, if it was a week or even 4 days between games I'd go with our strongest team at Arsenal but you have to look at it logically and if Austin got injured or sent off at Arsenal we can't win those 2 home games so leave Austin out at Arsenal, play Vargas up front and see how we go. We've got enough squad players to come in and play the kind of counter attacking game you need to eat Arsenal, one that Austins not that great at anyway
Arsenal on 23:11 - Dec 22 with 1473 viewsHollowayRanger

phillips vargas

swp barton henry hoilett

hill caulker rio onouha

green

could also play kranjar fer but arsenal are slow at back so lets try two pacey players up front and outwide while barton henry support our defence

gives a rest to
Austin zamorra dunne yun
[Post edited 22 Dec 2014 23:12]

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Arsenal on 10:46 - Dec 23 with 1425 viewsRangersw12

Arsenal on 22:13 - Dec 22 by daveB

no but with the best will in the world we're not going to beat arsenal away and have a strong chance of beating palace at home so I'd rest key players for Palace, the number of games over christmas is crazy, if it was a week or even 4 days between games I'd go with our strongest team at Arsenal but you have to look at it logically and if Austin got injured or sent off at Arsenal we can't win those 2 home games so leave Austin out at Arsenal, play Vargas up front and see how we go. We've got enough squad players to come in and play the kind of counter attacking game you need to eat Arsenal, one that Austins not that great at anyway

Can see the logic but If the club are going to play a weakened team then maybe they should of subsidised the tickets for the 3k away fans
Arsenal on 10:58 - Dec 23 with 1415 viewsPunteR

Arsenal on 10:46 - Dec 23 by Rangersw12

Can see the logic but If the club are going to play a weakened team then maybe they should of subsidised the tickets for the 3k away fans

Playing Vargas isnt weakening the side,especialy away imo. Although if i was going to the game i would want to see Austin play.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Arsenal on 10:59 - Dec 23 with 1414 viewsToast_R

Quite right, what’s the point in following football if your just aiming to stay in the Premier League at all costs. Ridiculous. Try and have a go FFS. The game at Arsenal is what being in the Premier League is all about, testing yourself against the best. Going to places like the Emirates and seeing your team give it their all and maybe just maybe, get something positive out of it.

To throw these games away is the beginning of the end of following QPR in my opinion. There is just no point in following football if that’s the attitude. When money far out weighs the passion, the games dead.

If players get injured they get injured, could get a knock in training and be unavailable. Do you think Austin busts his gut every week to be rested for games against the likes of Arsenal? He’d be gutted and so would I.
Arsenal on 11:15 - Dec 23 with 1397 viewsPunteR

Arsenal on 10:59 - Dec 23 by Toast_R

Quite right, what’s the point in following football if your just aiming to stay in the Premier League at all costs. Ridiculous. Try and have a go FFS. The game at Arsenal is what being in the Premier League is all about, testing yourself against the best. Going to places like the Emirates and seeing your team give it their all and maybe just maybe, get something positive out of it.

To throw these games away is the beginning of the end of following QPR in my opinion. There is just no point in following football if that’s the attitude. When money far out weighs the passion, the games dead.

If players get injured they get injured, could get a knock in training and be unavailable. Do you think Austin busts his gut every week to be rested for games against the likes of Arsenal? He’d be gutted and so would I.

I dont think it is throwing a game. Arsenal are a better side,without question, so we will have to be more defensive and try and get them on the counter attack. Not sure Austin is the player for that. Then again Charlies proved me wrong before.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Arsenal on 12:16 - Dec 23 with 1375 viewsPinnerPaul

Arsenal on 13:13 - Dec 22 by CroydonCaptJack

I agree and that would take us to just over a point a game overall.

Agree , 7 points over Xmas/New Year should be the aim. as I wrote last week!

Was met with a barrage of "We won't beat WBA" replies!
Login to get fewer ads

Arsenal on 12:18 - Dec 23 with 1370 viewsPinnerPaul

Good post

We'd have been relegated the first season back with that attitude.
Arsenal on 12:59 - Dec 23 with 1340 viewsdaveB

I'd still play a strong team just replace Austin with Hoilett and if Isla is back then him in for Dunne
Arsenal on 13:02 - Dec 23 with 1328 viewsdaveB

in normal circumstances I'd agree but with less then 48 hours between games I think we'd be mad to risk Austin at Arsenal with a must win game so close. Not even all about injuries either he'll be chasing lost causes all day at Arsenal, would rather he was fresh with a weeks rest for Palace.

No reason we can't give it our best and give them a good game without Austin, just set up for the counter attack which is Arsenals weak point anyway and play with pace out wide and up front
Arsenal on 13:07 - Dec 23 with 1323 viewsRJ7

Zamora upfront, replaced at H/T by Austin (As long as not losing by 2 + goals).

Rest Dunne, Vargas & Henry.

More chance of 3 points against Crystal Palace & Swansea, than a point at Arsenal.

Not all the over 30's are going to be effective for 3 games in a week. The 2 home games are going to have serious implications on the rest of the season, need to give ourselves the best chance of winning them.

Lose more than 2 of our key 1st XI against Arsenal
Arsenal on 19:39 - Dec 23 with 1233 viewsJalfrezi_Rs

did anyone hear that loud thump all the way from Cambridgeshire? That was my heart dropping as Ive just realised ive been a pratt buying arsenal away tickets when we play palace 2 days later. The posts are spot on, we will be resting key players.

I can see Arsenal filling their boots, and another wasted day on the road

On the bright side, atleast our FA Cup starting XI will get a practice match under their belt
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024