Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
going to get harder? 20:10 - Dec 21 with 2950 viewsGloucs_R

We have played all of the bottom teams at home. Let's hope we improve away or we are stuffed. Can't see us winning another 6/7 games at home now

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

going to get harder? on 01:21 - Dec 22 with 2515 viewsMatch82

Alternative view:
We have played all of the top teams away from home.

Our home form should get worse, our away form should get better, if the two even themselves out we'll be alright this year.
going to get harder? on 01:26 - Dec 22 with 2510 viewsRANGERS4EVER

To an extent I feel like this may help us. Yes, we have hard home games coming up but we have proved vs Liverpool and Man City that we can give everyone a game at home, so I reckon we can definitely take some points from the big teams. Also the away games seem easier and hopefully Harry realises if we attack in them we could win quite a few away games

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

going to get harder? on 02:12 - Dec 22 with 2476 viewsWeaverQPR

Rather have the tougher games at home to be fair. Can we get 10-12points away from home? Away games vs Burnley,Hull,Leicester,Sunderland,WBA,Villa,Palace.

@WeavQPR

going to get harder? on 08:39 - Dec 22 with 2334 viewsBerkoRanger

Strangely, its usually the stronger teams we do better against at home It used to be the bottom clubs we struggled against.
going to get harder? on 09:02 - Dec 22 with 2289 viewsElHoop

Burnley away is a pretty massive game in terms of home/away form.
going to get harder? on 09:07 - Dec 22 with 2271 viewskropotkin41

There's no way of telling at all is there? After 20 minutes on Saturday we looked dead certs for relegation, do not pass go, do not collect........... etc etc............ and then we won.

We have 17 points from 17 games, and need probably 21 from the remaining 21 games to stay up......... we could get W5 D6 L10 or any one of loads of combinations, but that looks do-able. Our present league position can't be put down to luck can it?

FWIW, I prefer W6 D3 L12.............. more likely I reckon.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

going to get harder? on 09:25 - Dec 22 with 2223 viewsGloucs_R

Whatever it may be, we just need to make sure we dont lose against the bottom teams. Every game is a 6 pointer down the bottom and we've done really well this season at addressing this. We kept losing the bottom games last time we were in the Prem, this time we have given ourselves a chance. Must be one of the tightest Prem leagues I have seen in a long time at this stage.

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

going to get harder? on 09:34 - Dec 22 with 2201 viewsHAYESBOY

The top teams at home, Liverpool & Man City we both outplayed at home and arguably should of had the 6 points from them instead of the 1.

I think we will pick up some points away but sooner rather than later.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Login to get fewer ads

going to get harder? on 10:29 - Dec 22 with 2116 viewsellersliehoop

Outside of Chelsea and Man City how good are the rest of the teams in the PL, answer, not that brilliant

Everton, Southampton and Newcastle are not world beaters, and we can certainly give Swansea and West Hame a decent game

Under Hughes when we won our last 5 at home we beat Arsenal and Spurs, so why not again

Four wins from that lot is not out of the question by any means
going to get harder? on 10:35 - Dec 22 with 2102 viewsPinnerPaul

Don't forget we have also in the recent past with (arguably) worse squads that this beaten Liverpool, Tottenham, Arsenal & Chelsea at home.

This season we have again been (at least) the equal of both Liverpool & Man City at home.
going to get harder? on 10:39 - Dec 22 with 2096 viewskingo

The fixtures have certainly been a major factor in our bi polar form so far. But as other have said, the second half of the season should allow us to get points away from home at the bottom half clubs while probably dropping points at home to the top half. So far our form against the bottom half has been superb although obviously all at home while our form against the top half (bar Man City) has been dire. But spread out over a season, who really expected to pick up points away against the top teams, it is just that by chance they have all come in the first part of the season.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

going to get harder? on 10:45 - Dec 22 with 2077 viewsLoft1979

going to get harder? on 10:35 - Dec 22 by PinnerPaul

Don't forget we have also in the recent past with (arguably) worse squads that this beaten Liverpool, Tottenham, Arsenal & Chelsea at home.

This season we have again been (at least) the equal of both Liverpool & Man City at home.

Several Factors: Money, & Injuries
1. Injuries: Yun started the season injured. Fer , Zamora Sandro Mutch Barton all missed time for injury and Fitness.
2. Money. Barely had a squad for the opener. Hoddle joined up when? QPR hardly make signings easy.

No squad, no coaching idea, half the team unfit or incapable. The fact we have 17 points is near miraculous. That said I think we will see some subtractions and some fresh blood.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2014 11:15]
going to get harder? on 10:47 - Dec 22 with 2074 viewsloftus77

I think its all about home form, whatever anyone says.

IMHO the crucial games are those home ties against the "nothing mid-table" teams i.e. Everton, Southampton (yes), West Ham (yes, by then), Swansea and Newcastle . They all beat us at home, we need to do the same. This alone would take us to 32pts - could be as low as 34-35 to survive...
[Post edited 22 Dec 2014 10:48]
going to get harder? on 10:54 - Dec 22 with 2056 viewsElHoop

I think that it's already bloody hard and it will stay that way. Injuries might actually be our friend, as long as everybody else gets the same number of them, and Charlie isn't one of ours. Christmas could see carnage on the injury front though, for us at least.
going to get harder? on 11:26 - Dec 22 with 1998 viewstimcocking

I have to say, i looked at our remaining fixture list yesterday and got very worried. If we don't win at least a couple of away games, we're doomed. A hard ask to keep winning every home game with the matches we have left.
going to get harder? on 12:43 - Dec 22 with 1937 viewsEpsomHoop

Surely the law of averages say's we will sneak a win or two away, we can't be that bad all season especially when we know we are capable of beating teams because we beat them at home...

The big teams don't like coming to LR, it's loud and aggressive and compact. As long as they show the same fight all season and Charlie avoids an injury I think we will avoid going down, who knows it's so tight we could finish a lot higher than we think...Palace did!
going to get harder? on 17:33 - Dec 22 with 1789 viewsstrikerace

No reason we can't win a few away games the second half. I think out poor away form has had as much to do with the level of competition as anything else. I'm hoping we can get our 20 points, but they will just be a little more spread away than all at home.
going to get harder? on 17:52 - Dec 22 with 1766 viewswhittocksRs

We have to be targeting at least 15 points at home, and look to bring in around the same amount — maybe 10 — away from home to be completely safe. That means three wins and three draws both home and away for a mid-table finish. Home against the better teams might mean we only bring in, say nine or ten points, meaning we have to go after Leicester, Hull, Burnley, Palace and Sunderland at their places. We might shock someone away from home, a la Everton in 2012-13 but it looks unlikely.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2014 17:54]
going to get harder? on 20:43 - Dec 22 with 1634 viewsDylanP

There are 20 games to go -- a total of 60 points up for grabs -- and we probably need about 23-25 more points to be safe. Is there a route to 23-25 of the remaining 60 points? Of course.

Predicting specific games is always fun but ultimately a bit of a mug's game. So, I don't mean the following as a prediction of specific games as much as an example of where those points could potentially be found. Are the following results at all possible?--- home wins against Palace, West Ham and Newcastle (9 ponts), home draws against Swansea, Southampton, and Everton (3 points), away wins against Burnley, Hull, and Leicester (9 points), and away draws at Stoke, Sunderland, Palace and Villa (4 points). Of course, none of those points are given and each of those teams will be fighting as hard as us. However, looking at each of those possibilities, none of those results is implausible nor would any of them be a massive upset. My guess is we would have some unexpected results go our way before the end of the season and some reverses too, of course.

We have 17 points from the first 17 games, when the team was just getting to know each other. Now that the team seems to be gelling, another 23-25 points before the end of May isn't that far from our grasp.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

going to get harder? on 21:29 - Dec 22 with 1572 viewsCFW

Stats from previous seasons should obviously be taken into consideration - however only three teams are relegated and as it stands at the moment unless we go into complete meltdown we should be safe.

We are already seven points clear of Leicester who look doomed so that is one place gone. We are Also four points clear of Hull and their current form is poor whilst ours is just ok. I do feel that perhaps Burnley might stay up as they have a well organised team with players who can score goals so one place left.

If we cannot pick up some away points given the teams we have to play then frankly we do not deserve to survive. People make a big play on how we are lucky to have Charlie but most teams rely on one main goal scorer so that is nothing new. We need to keep a fit squad not just Charlie but everyone - this gives us consistency.
going to get harder? on 22:46 - Dec 22 with 1537 viewsloftboy

going to get harder? on 21:29 - Dec 22 by CFW

Stats from previous seasons should obviously be taken into consideration - however only three teams are relegated and as it stands at the moment unless we go into complete meltdown we should be safe.

We are already seven points clear of Leicester who look doomed so that is one place gone. We are Also four points clear of Hull and their current form is poor whilst ours is just ok. I do feel that perhaps Burnley might stay up as they have a well organised team with players who can score goals so one place left.

If we cannot pick up some away points given the teams we have to play then frankly we do not deserve to survive. People make a big play on how we are lucky to have Charlie but most teams rely on one main goal scorer so that is nothing new. We need to keep a fit squad not just Charlie but everyone - this gives us consistency.

Bit early to say 7 points sees us clear, weren't Blackburn that ahead of us with only a few years to go the year of the great escape.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2014 23:10]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

going to get harder? on 23:02 - Dec 22 with 1519 viewsCFW

going to get harder? on 22:46 - Dec 22 by loftboy

Bit early to say 7 points sees us clear, weren't Blackburn that ahead of us with only a few years to go the year of the great escape.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2014 23:10]

Agree we are not home and dry by any means but seven points is quite a lot at this stage of the season. Still a long way to go but another poor month for Leicester and there is no return for them.
going to get harder? on 23:05 - Dec 22 with 1515 viewsMatch82

going to get harder? on 23:02 - Dec 22 by CFW

Agree we are not home and dry by any means but seven points is quite a lot at this stage of the season. Still a long way to go but another poor month for Leicester and there is no return for them.

Let's put it this way, there are several other cubs who would gladly swap places with us right now. Long way to go but it's looking a hell of a lot better than it was a month or so ago.
going to get harder? on 08:11 - Dec 23 with 1444 viewstimcocking

going to get harder? on 21:29 - Dec 22 by CFW

"as it stands at the moment unless we go into complete meltdown we should be safe. We are already seven points clear of Leicester who look doomed so that is one place gone."

?!!
going to get harder? on 09:44 - Dec 23 with 1394 viewsthemodfather

well we so near played man city off the park, gave the lpool a game...nearly got a draw at the bridge (full of sighs!) let them fear us!
we seem to raise our game v so called big teams.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024