Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' 21:41 - Dec 22 with 16025 viewsMaggsinho

Terrible news - Carlisle hit by a lorry.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2884045/Clarke-Carlisle-fighti
Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 00:08 - Dec 23 with 5126 viewssmegma

Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 22:12 - Dec 22 by johncharles

Pull through Clarke. What actually happened is not relevant just now. Pull through, tomorrow is another day.

Well said. Im not interested in the tittle tattle that seems to have engulfed our society. The only thing i care about is he recovers fully as he is a thoroughly decent person. He werent half bad in hoops either. Get well soon Clarke.
Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 01:06 - Dec 23 with 5045 viewsTrom

Just goes to prove that mental illness is a difficult enemy to defeat. Hope and best wishes with him.
Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 01:08 - Dec 23 with 5043 viewsQPRMUSO

Please pull through Clarke, us Rangers boys want you to be alright.
Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 02:20 - Dec 23 with 4995 viewsBrianMcCarthy

In a nice thread to one of our own, JohnCharles hits it best - this is about tomorrow now.

I'd like to add my best wishes to Clarke, a gentleman who's done more than he can ever measure in his efforts to help others. I hope he lets the help through now himself.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 03:11 - Dec 23 with 4983 viewsKiwi76

Echo sentiments on here.
Read his book & stark outline of fall through divisions and associated pressures on family and finances.
Hope for speedy recovery
Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 06:55 - Dec 23 with 4913 viewsmacclesfieldman

Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 21:45 - Dec 22 by bosh67

F*ck. What was he doing in the road at 7.30am? Dear oh dear. Hope it wasn't some kind of depressive episode and really hope he pulls through. He's one of the good guys.

What a stupid question and shows that you immediately thought the worst of him. At 03.30 I'd have understood your point but at 07.30 there are a lot of people on the road.

Wild horses couldn't drag me away...

Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 08:01 - Dec 23 with 4838 viewsessextaxiboy

Wrong time wrong thread but a depressive episode is not " the worst of someone " .

Thnkng of you Clarke .Get fit and well soon ....
Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 08:06 - Dec 23 with 4834 viewstimcocking

Damn.

I always have such good memories of the season he and Danny Shittu kept us unbeaten at home for the whole season and got us promoted.
Login to get fewer ads

Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 09:43 - Dec 23 with 4705 viewsthemodfather

hope he recovers, he could have been a real legend for us, that night v fulham still haunts me, carlisle and langley both stretchered off within mins, losing 2-0.
if anything he's a fighter, so cmon clarke...
Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 10:03 - Dec 23 with 4670 viewsBrightonhoop

Not a stupid question at all, the bloke has depressive episodes. Now is not the time....

Hope he can make a full recovery and get's the help required.
Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 10:14 - Dec 23 with 4648 viewsTopCat34

Hope he pulls through.

Great guy and good player on his day for us. Remember fondly that overhead clearance off the line against Luton.
Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 13:51 - Dec 23 with 4509 viewseastside_r

Latest update from BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30589574

Hang on in there fella.
Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 11:15 - Dec 28 with 4200 viewseghamranger

For those going today there will be a 1 minute applause in the 5th minute and his photo will appear on the screen.
Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 11:32 - Dec 28 with 4155 viewsGetMeRangers

Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 11:15 - Dec 28 by eghamranger

For those going today there will be a 1 minute applause in the 5th minute and his photo will appear on the screen.

Good gesture by the club
Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 08:15 - Dec 30 with 3865 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-30630041

I thought his drinking problems were behind him? Hope he wasn't pished when he had his accident...
Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 08:23 - Dec 30 with 3790 viewsGloucs_R

Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 08:15 - Dec 30 by Orthodox_Hoop

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-30630041

I thought his drinking problems were behind him? Hope he wasn't pished when he had his accident...

More likely tried to kill himself after he was nicked.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 10:17 - Dec 30 with 3705 viewsdaveB

Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 08:23 - Dec 30 by Gloucs_R

More likely tried to kill himself after he was nicked.

or was pissed and walked home along a duel carriage way, I've done that before, incredibly stupid but when tanked up and no cabs it seemed a good idea
Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 11:36 - Dec 30 with 3615 viewsthemodfather

seems he was going to be charged drunk driving by police, failing to give a sample...still not a reason to try and do yourself, if he did.
many relapse after rehabs, it's not easy and he's been thru a lot already.
hopefully someone gets him back on track asap.
Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 13:06 - Dec 30 with 3511 viewsHayesender

Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 10:17 - Dec 30 by daveB

or was pissed and walked home along a duel carriage way, I've done that before, incredibly stupid but when tanked up and no cabs it seemed a good idea

Yep. Me and a mate walked home from Paddington to the Bush via the westway many years ago.

Drunk and skint, seemed like a brilliant idea at the time

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 13:14 - Dec 30 with 3493 viewsthame_hoops

Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 13:19 - Dec 30 with 3472 viewsHayesender

Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 13:14 - Dec 30 by thame_hoops

Sometimes it's better to say nothing

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 14:25 - Dec 30 with 3375 viewsDWQPR

This isn't the first time in the last couple of years that Carlisle has faced a drink drive charge if I remember correctly. If the report is true then I fancy his next drying out session could be at Her Majesty's pleasure which won't do wonders for either his media career or with the PFA. Certainly needs more help whatever the situation is.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 14:33 - Dec 30 with 3354 viewssimmo

Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 13:14 - Dec 30 by thame_hoops

I have my own opinions on this kind of thing, but until the facts are there, it's probably better not to say anything.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 19:22 - Dec 30 with 3245 viewsHollowayRanger

for his children's sake I hope he pulls though and gets his life back on track

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 16:25 - Jan 14 with 2947 viewshopphoops

a positive update
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30809411

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024