Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' 21:41 - Dec 22 with 16028 viewsMaggsinho

Terrible news - Carlisle hit by a lorry.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2884045/Clarke-Carlisle-fighti
Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 16:38 - Jan 14 with 3448 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 16:25 - Jan 14 by hopphoops

a positive update
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30809411

Great news.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 20:35 - Jan 30 with 3173 viewsbosh67

Good news. Released from hospital today and home. Hopefully he can get back to positivity again now.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2933431/Clarke-Carlisle-releas

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 20:40 - Jan 30 with 3144 viewsWatford_Ranger

Still got a couple of days to sign him.
Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 22:11 - Jan 30 with 3025 viewsbatmanhoop

at the end of the day Clarke has to do this himself. Has still so much to offer football, speedy recovery fella
Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 22:17 - Jan 30 with 3007 viewsBklynRanger

Launching an investigation sounds a bit odd, I wonder what they suspect?
Good to see him out though, I always liked him.

Unless of course they're talking about endangering the lide of thelorry driver in the event but that's unfair speculation at this point so I'll shut up.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2015 22:22]
Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 23:57 - Jan 30 with 2885 viewsHollowayRanger

reading his book at work its a great read full of funny stories from his career and of his fears and dark moments ,I think losing the pfa job and then the drink driving charge pushed him over the edge but he's got a wife and kids in his corner and if that aint enough to live for then he's in real trouble

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 01:12 - Jan 31 with 2858 viewsBklynRanger

Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 13:14 - Dec 30 by thame_hoops

I just saw this. That's it for me with this Downes fella. Bloke nearly dies for whatever reason and he wants us to get irritated about that kind of nonsense.

I thought he was a lippy kunt on the podcast and he seems to think he's god's gift to reporters despite the fact that he's not asking anything a normal person wouldn't ask.

Fcuk him and his immature, pious shyte. He's one of the features of this current era I'll remember as the problem.
Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 08:00 - Feb 5 with 2640 viewsaston_hoop

Tried to take his own life. Poor bloke, couldn't begin to imagine what would have been going through his mind. I really hope he gets all the help that he needs.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31142797

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 08:48 - Feb 5 with 2551 viewsfreddieeddie

my second fav centre half pairing was Carlisle & Shittu, just behind Macca & Parker.

Poll: QPR future, what would you like to see happen

Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 09:03 - Feb 5 with 2520 viewsToast_R

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/clarke-carlisle-suicide-bid-actor-5108667

God knows what's gone on between them to, but Clarke looks lucky to be alive. Hope he goes and gets lengthy treatment to sort himself out. Just shows that no matter how much treatment or campaigning you can do about undiagnosed mental health problems, the bastard thing can always strike again.
Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 09:10 - Feb 5 with 2501 viewsBasingstokeR

Ralf Little has come off like a kn*b here no matter how much time and advice he got to write his longer piece.
Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 09:15 - Feb 5 with 2488 viewsBlackCrowe

Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 08:00 - Feb 5 by aston_hoop

Tried to take his own life. Poor bloke, couldn't begin to imagine what would have been going through his mind. I really hope he gets all the help that he needs.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31142797

Indeed. Same goes for the lorry driver.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 09:25 - Feb 5 with 2452 viewsSpiritofGregory

Hope the lorry driver is ok and he can continue working, probably has a family to support.
Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 09:32 - Feb 5 with 2437 viewssimmo

I am holding my tongue on this situation, but I hope Clarke gets the help he needs and that the lorry driver, the random victim in all this, is a strong enough character to recover and continue working, etc
[Post edited 5 Feb 2015 10:18]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 09:41 - Feb 5 with 2412 viewsDejR_vu

Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 13:19 - Dec 30 by Hayesender

Sometimes it's better to say nothing

Hence the absence of dissenting opinions on this thread

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 10:00 - Feb 5 with 2374 viewsQPunkR

Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 09:32 - Feb 5 by simmo

I am holding my tongue on this situation, but I hope Clarke gets the help he needs and that the lorry driver, the random victim in all this, is a strong enough character to recover and continue working, etc

This

QPR - "shit but local"

Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 10:13 - Feb 5 with 2343 viewsA40Bosh

Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 09:32 - Feb 5 by simmo

Sight amendment to the wording below Simmo if you don't mind.
."and the lorry driver, ONE OF THE victims in all this. is a strong enough.............."

I ask everyone to not be too quick to dismiss mental health related suicide attempts as the actions of weak and cowardly lesser mortals who should pull themselves together and stop wasting NHS money that could be better spent treating people with real problems.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 10:16 - Feb 5 with 2321 viewsQPunkR

Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 10:13 - Feb 5 by A40Bosh

."and the lorry driver, ONE OF THE victims in all this. is a strong enough.............."

I ask everyone to not be too quick to dismiss mental health related suicide attempts as the actions of weak and cowardly lesser mortals who should pull themselves together and stop wasting NHS money that could be better spent treating people with real problems.

Mate, I'm sure simmo's saying best wishes to both but differentiating that the lorry driver was completely innocent of blame whereas Carlisle made the decision himself to walk out in front of him.

QPR - "shit but local"

Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 10:16 - Feb 5 with 2321 viewssimmo

Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 10:13 - Feb 5 by A40Bosh

That's nothing close to my point. But happy to make the amendment.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 10:41 - Feb 5 with 2253 viewsJamie

With the loss of his tv contracts and a possible prison sentence ahead of hi, it's going to get worse before it gets better, but hopefully he gets all the help and support he needs to get his life back on track.
Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 10:41 - Feb 5 with 2253 viewsingeminate

Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 10:16 - Feb 5 by simmo

That's nothing close to my point. But happy to make the amendment.

So I've got a bit of background on this Ralf Little/Carlisle issue.

Ex-girlfriend of mine lived in a house in Ravenscourt Park with Little/Carlisle and couple of others inc one of Carlisle's best friends from up North.

I was round there shortly after Carlisle moved out and Little - who to be fair came across like a really decent bloke - wasn't shy about saying what he'd been like to live with. And wasn't just him - I'm not sure what the rules are about repeating stuff third hand - though I have no doubt it was true - so won't go in to granular detail.

But the gist was he was fuc&ing over people who didn't have the same sort of ready access to money as he did massively - repossessions of other people's property, lie after lie, basic theft - list was pretty endless. There was also a strong feeling that the gambling was the major issue not the drinking, not that it matters, but think they thought Carlisle had calculated he would get more sympathy if he said he had a drink problem than gambling.

suppose none of this really matters, if he was screwed up, doesn't really make much difference how. Same time can see that if you watch someone blaze a trail of destruction and mess up people's lives you might get a point where you say enough is enough.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 10:59 - Feb 5 with 2206 viewspaulparker

Clarke Carlisle - 'Life threatening injuries' on 09:10 - Feb 5 by BasingstokeR

Ralf Little has come off like a kn*b here no matter how much time and advice he got to write his longer piece.

I Don't think he has , Didn't him and Carlisle share a house together when he was at Rangers ? I did hear a few things about him at that time and he wasn't a nice fella at all
now depression is a Horrible, Horrible thing , I have a friend who's house burnt down and is on his own , he was diagnosed with depression the stuff he has told me about the days he has are awful, there are days he cannot be bothered to go to the toilet, the days when he sees nothing but black , the sort of stuff us lucky people never have to go through
now this guy has a heart of gold, has many friends and will do anything for anyone, he doesn't have a bad bone in his body, anything he has done wrong he doesn't blame the depression
the point im trying to make is that Carlisle isn't an angel and he is who he is , I do get the impression that his persona isn't all sweetness and light, Ralf little knows a hell of a lot more than us about him and maybe isn't making excuses for him and the stunts he has pulled

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024