Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Those who where happy to throw today's game 19:51 - Dec 26 with 5590 viewsactonman

And I include redknapp in that !
Anything can happen in football , giroud gave us the opportunity to get something from the game but we had already surrendered to defeat !

What happens on Sunday if we do the same with our "elite first eleven" and get a man sent off ?

That will be that great tactic out the feckin window then !!
Those who where happy to throw today's game on 20:15 - Dec 26 with 3989 viewsQPR_Nippon

You could just as easily argue Redknapp fell between two stools. Could also have rested Austin, Vargas and Isla for today. Would have got the same result, if not better, and had key players well rested for Sunday.
Those who where happy to throw today's game on 21:50 - Dec 26 with 3850 viewsLoft1979

Those who where happy to throw today's game on 20:15 - Dec 26 by QPR_Nippon

You could just as easily argue Redknapp fell between two stools. Could also have rested Austin, Vargas and Isla for today. Would have got the same result, if not better, and had key players well rested for Sunday.

Down 2-0'sent on Fer and Junior to change game,,,,almost got a point.
Lots of positives. Giroud was a non factor so his loss....was not a loss. In fact it gave Sanchez more room. No one could deal with Sanchez all day. Ditto...Vargas was our most creative player, but only when Junior came on could he get near goal.
Those who where happy to throw today's game on 21:53 - Dec 26 with 3835 viewsSpiritofGregory

Those who where happy to throw today's game on 21:50 - Dec 26 by Loft1979

Down 2-0'sent on Fer and Junior to change game,,,,almost got a point.
Lots of positives. Giroud was a non factor so his loss....was not a loss. In fact it gave Sanchez more room. No one could deal with Sanchez all day. Ditto...Vargas was our most creative player, but only when Junior came on could he get near goal.

We still lost. They scored with 10 men.
Those who where happy to throw today's game on 21:57 - Dec 26 with 3822 viewsDeptfordR

Those who where happy to throw today's game on 21:53 - Dec 26 by SpiritofGregory

We still lost. They scored with 10 men.

So did we in the play off final, and numerous other teams have done so previously too. It happens.
Those who where happy to throw today's game on 22:00 - Dec 26 with 3807 viewsDoughnut

Why cant we just av a go, like we do at home?? Nothing to loose....we get hammered anyway!! Justy av a fcking go!!! .....Why ???????
Those who where happy to throw today's game on 22:16 - Dec 26 with 3733 viewsbosh67

Those who where happy to throw today's game on 22:00 - Dec 26 by Doughnut

Why cant we just av a go, like we do at home?? Nothing to loose....we get hammered anyway!! Justy av a fcking go!!! .....Why ???????

I think you are missing the point. After 20 minutes teams can't believe we are a football team and we then hope they take their foot off the pedal and we get back into it. Let them get 2-0 up and then wham bam, we get one back away from home and go onto lose, feeling unfortunate for ourselves. Attacking puts too much pressure on Charlie as well. No one else can score a goal and you don't want to tire the boy out.

We will pick up one or two points on the road though this season. Just at roads with the word Loftus at the beginning.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Those who where happy to throw today's game on 22:31 - Dec 26 with 3685 viewsted_hendrix

Those who where happy to throw today's game on 22:16 - Dec 26 by bosh67

I think you are missing the point. After 20 minutes teams can't believe we are a football team and we then hope they take their foot off the pedal and we get back into it. Let them get 2-0 up and then wham bam, we get one back away from home and go onto lose, feeling unfortunate for ourselves. Attacking puts too much pressure on Charlie as well. No one else can score a goal and you don't want to tire the boy out.

We will pick up one or two points on the road though this season. Just at roads with the word Loftus at the beginning.

I wouldn't put too much weight or hope on our home form, apart from say the Burnley game during all of the other home wins I was hoping and begging for the final whistle.
I wouldn't put any money on us beating palarse just as i wouldn't put any money on them beating us, I don't see much difference between the two teams if I'm honest.
As for our away form and tactics it is fcking dreadful and whether people like it or not its hugely embarrassing, Redknapp along with our players must of course hold their hands up to that, some of our short passing game in the first half tonight was cringe worthy and not PL standard, at the end of December that's just not good enough and nor are our players.
Unlike most people on this MB I don't think we'll actually stay up, I don't think we're very good tbh.
I honestly cant see where we'll get an away point, not if we carry on as we are anyway.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Those who where happy to throw today's game on 22:39 - Dec 26 with 3660 viewsbosh67

Those who where happy to throw today's game on 22:31 - Dec 26 by ted_hendrix

I wouldn't put too much weight or hope on our home form, apart from say the Burnley game during all of the other home wins I was hoping and begging for the final whistle.
I wouldn't put any money on us beating palarse just as i wouldn't put any money on them beating us, I don't see much difference between the two teams if I'm honest.
As for our away form and tactics it is fcking dreadful and whether people like it or not its hugely embarrassing, Redknapp along with our players must of course hold their hands up to that, some of our short passing game in the first half tonight was cringe worthy and not PL standard, at the end of December that's just not good enough and nor are our players.
Unlike most people on this MB I don't think we'll actually stay up, I don't think we're very good tbh.
I honestly cant see where we'll get an away point, not if we carry on as we are anyway.

I hear your pain, Ted.

There are a few factors.

1. Players aren't fit yet.
2. Team needs time to gel.
3. Accurate short passing is over rated.
4. The club's watches and clocks are 20 minutes slow on a match day.
5. Charlie Austin isn't scoring enough goals. Today he didn't score as many as Arsenal did. Last week he scored more goals than West Brom did. Has to do it every game for me.
6. There are a lot of fantastic teams in this league. Fantastic.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Those who where happy to throw today's game on 22:48 - Dec 26 with 3627 viewsAntti_Heinola

Those who where happy to throw today's game on 22:39 - Dec 26 by bosh67

I hear your pain, Ted.

There are a few factors.

1. Players aren't fit yet.
2. Team needs time to gel.
3. Accurate short passing is over rated.
4. The club's watches and clocks are 20 minutes slow on a match day.
5. Charlie Austin isn't scoring enough goals. Today he didn't score as many as Arsenal did. Last week he scored more goals than West Brom did. Has to do it every game for me.
6. There are a lot of fantastic teams in this league. Fantastic.

Spot on with number 5 Bosh. Needs to pull his socks up.

Bare bones.

Those who where happy to throw today's game on 23:04 - Dec 26 with 3584 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

Those who where happy to throw today's game on 22:31 - Dec 26 by ted_hendrix

I'll go along with that, admittedly we've played a pretty good bunch of teams away from home so there's a chance will pick up some points on the road when we get to face the others. However, the downside to that is there a lot of big teams or at least in form teams who could well come and turn us over.

Habits stick. But I think losing away is more likely to stick than winning at home. I don't think we'll stay up unless something drastic happens... Tony?...

It's got to be Yarg

Those who where happy to throw today's game on 23:35 - Dec 26 with 3539 viewsSpiritofGregory

Those who where happy to throw today's game on 21:57 - Dec 26 by DeptfordR

So did we in the play off final, and numerous other teams have done so previously too. It happens.

We are not talking about being fortunate at a play off final. We have lost every game away from home, we can safely say that Harry's tactics away from home are not working.
Those who where happy to throw today's game on 23:40 - Dec 26 with 3515 viewsHollowayRanger

we just need to sign a strong pacy forward and a wide player who knows how to run and CROSS!

we got decent away games coming up against all the bottom clubs WE CANT AFFORD TO LOSE THEM! and we will with those play for a draw and hope for the best tactics

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Those who where happy to throw today's game on 00:02 - Dec 27 with 3487 viewsWilloW4

Those who where happy to throw today's game on 21:57 - Dec 26 by DeptfordR

We we're shit mate... Grin n bear it... Diabolical !!!! Redknapps are trickster and some of you are still falling for it.. Sooner he fecks off the better..
Those who where happy to throw today's game on 00:07 - Dec 27 with 3472 viewsWilloW4

Those who where happy to throw today's game on 23:40 - Dec 26 by HollowayRanger

we just need to sign a strong pacy forward and a wide player who knows how to run and CROSS!

we got decent away games coming up against all the bottom clubs WE CANT AFFORD TO LOSE THEM! and we will with those play for a draw and hope for the best tactics

What's a decent away game ?? Better pies in the away end, cheaper ale, ....oh, it doesn't matter, cos we can afford to lose them.....?!?!
Those who where happy to throw today's game on 00:20 - Dec 27 with 3450 viewsCiderwithRsie

You know what Holloway, every now and again you are spot bollock on.
Those who where happy to throw today's game on 00:56 - Dec 27 with 3406 viewsstrikerace

Sunday against CP is the big game. We rested a few players and came out with no injuries. If we win on Sunday we are at 20 pts and likely 5 pts clear of relegation. That is better than any of us would have thought.
Those who where happy to throw today's game on 01:05 - Dec 27 with 3395 viewsQPR1882

Those who where happy to throw today's game on 00:56 - Dec 27 by strikerace

Sunday against CP is the big game. We rested a few players and came out with no injuries. If we win on Sunday we are at 20 pts and likely 5 pts clear of relegation. That is better than any of us would have thought.

Arsenal have just as important game on Sunday v WHU as we do against Palace, they are fighting to get a Champions league place.

They never rested players so why the fck did we ?
Those who where happy to throw today's game on 01:14 - Dec 27 with 3387 viewsPunteR

Those who where happy to throw today's game on 01:05 - Dec 27 by QPR1882

Arsenal have just as important game on Sunday v WHU as we do against Palace, they are fighting to get a Champions league place.

They never rested players so why the fck did we ?

Because they havnt got an ageing squad and are battling relegation.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Those who where happy to throw today's game on 01:56 - Dec 27 with 3359 viewsQPR1882

Those who where happy to throw today's game on 01:14 - Dec 27 by PunteR

Because they havnt got an ageing squad and are battling relegation.

For them getting into the champions league is just as important as staying up is to us. I agree we have a squad that is older but what is harrys excuse for the last 8 away games, games before intl breaks when players would have a 2 week break ?
Those who where happy to throw today's game on 08:17 - Dec 27 with 3247 viewswestberksr

We've ridden our luck at home playing mainly the other strugglers and away from home we've lost to mostly the better sides.

However, I suspect its more likely that our home form will drop against the better teams in the second half of the season but I really don't see us gaining anything away unless there is a massive change in attitude away when we play the supposeded 'easier' teams.

The main reason I don't expect much away in these games is based on 2 years of Arry's shit tactics, mainly against rank poor championship teams when he had a squad that should have battered teams, yet we struggled to beat teams like yeovil.

I'm with Ted on this and don't have great hopes for the rest of the season, especially at home when we host all of the teams looking to be towards the top of the table, we may have used up all of our luck at home and none of our away defeats can really be put down to bad luck.
Those who where happy to throw today's game on 08:19 - Dec 27 with 3242 viewsWeaverQPR

Seeing as Arry is only capable of doing half a job from now on he shall be called Arthur.

@WeavQPR

Those who where happy to throw today's game on 08:39 - Dec 27 with 3228 viewsthemodfather

well, resting players for home games is one thing but when arsenal went to 10, why sub henry?
mutch was pretty crap all day and traore was near to sabotage!!!!
if you don't have a go you have no chance, what if we suddenly lose home games??
we need fresh blood and to do that we have to offload the deadwood..adel,swp,phillips and rio has been poor too.
Those who where happy to throw today's game on 10:59 - Dec 27 with 3150 viewszizoustainrod

I am continually confused as to why some people support football teams. How can they be contented with the away performances that this QPR side have put up this season "as long as we keep winning at home"? I despair at what I have seen so far.
This is a 'professional' side. I don't necessarily expect them to win the away games but I do expect the players to at least put in their best effort, show some semblance of teamwork and cohesion and the manager and coaching staff to give the impression that there are tactical plans for different situations. I have seen very little of this in away games.
These guys are paid an awful lot of money to make a living from football and yet they are playing no better than the Under 13 side that I coached this season. Eg I feel sorry for our defense. They scramble and work hard to win possession of the ball in the defensive third and look for an outlet pass. Pretty well 9 outfield players are back around our box and NOT A SINGLE ONE breaks into a supporting position to receive a pass. NOT A SINGLE ONE. The defender is left with 3 options 1) hoof the ball up to a loan striker (who invariably loses it due to having no support 2) they hang onto it a bit longer, get pressured and lose possession or 3) they hoof it into the stands.
My Under 13 team has the same problem but they train for only 90 minutes per week, some of them haven't played before and their coach isn't very good .
What excuse do the QPR staff (playing and coaching) have? What do they do in training? I know it's hard to get a result away but other teams are doing it and I don't buy the whole "top half teams" excuse. Even if the answer is that we are just simply not good enough, I can live with that but these performances are more than that. Confidence, training, tactics - someone ain't doing their job.
Those who where happy to throw today's game on 11:04 - Dec 27 with 3143 viewsozexile

Those who where happy to throw today's game on 10:59 - Dec 27 by zizoustainrod

I am continually confused as to why some people support football teams. How can they be contented with the away performances that this QPR side have put up this season "as long as we keep winning at home"? I despair at what I have seen so far.
This is a 'professional' side. I don't necessarily expect them to win the away games but I do expect the players to at least put in their best effort, show some semblance of teamwork and cohesion and the manager and coaching staff to give the impression that there are tactical plans for different situations. I have seen very little of this in away games.
These guys are paid an awful lot of money to make a living from football and yet they are playing no better than the Under 13 side that I coached this season. Eg I feel sorry for our defense. They scramble and work hard to win possession of the ball in the defensive third and look for an outlet pass. Pretty well 9 outfield players are back around our box and NOT A SINGLE ONE breaks into a supporting position to receive a pass. NOT A SINGLE ONE. The defender is left with 3 options 1) hoof the ball up to a loan striker (who invariably loses it due to having no support 2) they hang onto it a bit longer, get pressured and lose possession or 3) they hoof it into the stands.
My Under 13 team has the same problem but they train for only 90 minutes per week, some of them haven't played before and their coach isn't very good .
What excuse do the QPR staff (playing and coaching) have? What do they do in training? I know it's hard to get a result away but other teams are doing it and I don't buy the whole "top half teams" excuse. Even if the answer is that we are just simply not good enough, I can live with that but these performances are more than that. Confidence, training, tactics - someone ain't doing their job.

Totally agree. I cant believe there's another professional sport where its accepted that you forgo half of your season. And to have the nerve to charge you to watch it.
Those who where happy to throw today's game on 11:15 - Dec 27 with 3127 viewsLoft1979

My thoughts:
-18 games 17 points. Should be more but Liverpool and Hull stole some.
- Coaching has been hard to fathom. I like HR but still think a real football tactician would get more out of this lot.
-Wing play sucks eggs: The best winger is Vargas, but putting him wide means we lose him as a box to box offensive midfielder. Like to see him as a central midfielder carrying the ball forward. THEN Hoillet could play behind Chaz coming from the right (or left).
-No more Niko.......as a starter.
-Rumours of Lassana Diarra are welcome as is the potentially quick return of Sandro.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024