Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eyes down for any line across, it's the New Year presser... 11:44 - Dec 31 with 2257 viewsNorthernr

Want to know how 'ard the Swansea game will be and how many great players they've got? Want to know about who we're waiting to see on? Want to know about what Gareth Bale got Harry for Christmas? Let the unfair persecution of working class Londoners begin from 1145 ish.

Nick Colins on Sky wnkr duty.

Nick.

We're loaning Zarate, not done yet though no.

If you sign em you can't play them in the cup anyway, the rule is seven days, it's a strange one how that's turned out. Not a big deal, nobody would be rushed in and stuck straight in the team anyway, they have to get acclimatised.

He's a number 10. He's a clever player. Can open the door. He can do... do... First came across him at Birmingham. Not done and dusted, something we're interested in, we're looking to loan a player or two.

Want to get them in as soon as we can, five or six games in the month again., in our position down there scrapping with seven or eight teams, you want your players in asap.

The Boy Jermain, the whole package, to pay a fee, and the wages, would be too expensive for us at the moment. That's the problem, package isn't in our budget. Great player, excellent player, super lad, top top fella, loves his mum, very 'ard.

You need somebody else, we're looking for goals, different people need to score. Can't rely on Charlie getting all the goals, that's obvious, an area we're looking at but it's very 'ard, we're looking for loans but who will loan you a striker who's going to score ten goals? Very difficult, everybody looking for a striker.

Great side, Garry done a fentastic job, had some fentastic young managers down there lately and he's carried it on.

"How pleased have you been with the home form?" Cutting.

Fentastic. We're difficult to beat. Palace not great but we scrapped a point. Situation changing now, we have all the top teams to come at home and we go away to all the bottom teams in the second half of the season. Very very tough games at home, Chelsea and the likes, very 'ard. Be interesting. Premier League is fentastic and we want to stay there.

No real thoughts on the Queen's speach. Fentastic woman, loves her mum, top top Queen.

Not a young squad, lot of our key players are older, 'ard to ask them to play three games in a week. Everybody came out of the Palace game ok, we'll see how we go today for the game tomorrow.

Sky's wnk off question is plans for NYE.

We're in a hotel, even that is difficult, they often have a function on, the players will finish dinner by half 9 and be in their rooms, getting a brass round or something. Amusing themselves.

For Alan to go back to Palace, Newcastle a fentastic club but he's come through unbelievable pressure, real abuse, picked the team up again, probably feels a few bad results they'll be back on him again, Palace is in his blood, fentastic player for Palace, good move for him. Looking forward to that. West Brom... welll... you know... Alan Irvine is an excellent manager in my opinion. Tony and TIm are both top top lads. We'll see what happens.

Like the fcking Lego movie this. Everybody is awesome.

West Brom have a decent squad, been in the league a few years, impressed with Palace looking striong and quick on the break. Alan has tools to work with and they'll bring one or two in (hint hint) on their day anybody can beat anybody.

Oh no, Sky's wnk off question is the highlight of 2014.

You've hit me with one there. I can't think. Bobby Zamora at Wembley I'll never forget, an amazing finish to a game with ten men hanging on. That will always be special for me and the club. Away from football I'm looking for a peaceful year in the world Nick, good health to all families and that's about it. Staying in the Premier League is my personal selfish one.

34 points good enough last year, West Ham went down one year with 44, difficult to know what it will take. Sitting there with 4 points for a while to be back in the pack and where we are now I'd have taken that. Two weeks before the season I didn't know where we were going to go, we didn't have the makings of a squad. But we've got a good group of lads, attitude and spirit is good, continue that in the second half of the season we've got a chance.

I thought Neil was doing a good job. Alan a great lad doing a great job. Wgere are these clubs supposed to be? People get carried away. All the good judges at the start of the year would have had West Brom 37-38 points, QPR 35 points, Palace 36-37 points, all the teams are where they should be. We're halfway to what people predicted who study these things. Nobody is underachieving, that's where we are, where Palace are, where West Brom are, they've given everything they have. It's about good players, if you can buy the best players you'll be the best team. Otherwise it's very 'ard.

Little Boy Vargas playing on the right, Zamora and Austin our only two strikers, a key area to look at.

Keep having crunch home games, managed to win them all except Palace which was a draw. Now we go away to all those teams so they have the advantage, Burnley next away game. Lots of tough games home and away (thanks Harry), got to make Loftus Road difficult but we'll be ok. Sandrose two weeks away, need him back. Couple of loans will give us a lift.

Wally Downes...

We didn't deserve to beat Palace, they'd have felt hard done by if they'd lost, wasn't a classic (no sht), the pitch isn't great at LR atm, not playing well, new pitch laid but this year it's not helping. Not a lot of football played on it the other day.

Sam said Zarate done well enough but they've got Sakho, Valencia, Carroll, Carlton Cole, they've got 5 strikers, nice position to be in. Zarate and Cole great oplayers but their front men have been in form. Difficult for other lad to get in. Maybe he prefers the others, been in great form.

Bondy and Joe Jordan strike up, with Glenn on vocals, we're done here

This post has been edited by an administrator
Eyes down for any line across, it's the New Year presser... on 11:56 - Dec 31 with 2176 viewsdaveB

Hopes for 2015 - World peace, my word
Eyes down for any line across, it's the New Year presser... on 12:27 - Dec 31 with 2026 viewsQPunkR

Eyes down for any line across, it's the New Year presser... on 11:56 - Dec 31 by daveB

Hopes for 2015 - World peace, my word

Controversial

QPR - "shit but local"

Eyes down for any line across, it's the New Year presser... on 12:34 - Dec 31 with 1999 viewsWokingR

Eyes down for any line across, it's the New Year presser... on 12:27 - Dec 31 by QPunkR

Controversial

Who the hell does he think he is!
Bono ?
Eyes down for any line across, it's the New Year presser... on 12:39 - Dec 31 with 1978 viewsWeaverQPR

With all these fentastic managers i'm surprised anyone has got the sack

@WeavQPR

Eyes down for any line across, it's the New Year presser... on 13:07 - Dec 31 with 1877 viewsparker64

He's got to be in with a shout for the Nobel Peace prize.
Eyes down for any line across, it's the New Year presser... on 13:18 - Dec 31 with 1813 viewsShotKneesHoop

Wish someone would ask Bagpuss when he's going to start unloading all the dross, instead of just adding numbers to an aging squad.

Good to hear that Charmaine is out of our reach package wise, maybe 'Arry will 'ave to graft a bit nah.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Eyes down for any line across, it's the New Year presser... on 13:26 - Dec 31 with 1787 viewsconnell10

The pitch looks alright to me, not another excuse being lined up is it arry?😉

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Eyes down for any line across, it's the New Year presser... on 13:50 - Dec 31 with 1711 viewskropotkin41

Eyes down for any line across, it's the New Year presser... on 13:26 - Dec 31 by connell10

The pitch isn't conducive to good passing football...............

and.............

we're on course for 35 points as predicted by the experts!!

Apparently it's going to be an exciting end to the season........... well, Harry, you've just ruined it for me already.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Login to get fewer ads

Eyes down for any line across, it's the New Year presser... on 14:46 - Dec 31 with 1573 viewsPommyhoop

15th after Xmas.?
Sorry Clive you got the ending music from Bondy way off..
I'm going for this.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Eyes down for any line across, it's the New Year presser... on 14:46 - Dec 31 with 1570 viewsHunterhoop

"It's about good players, if you can buy the best players you'll be the best team"

And therein represents Harry Redknapp as a manager and why I will never rate him.

So, it's got nothing to do with tactics, shape, discipline, motivation, styles of play, etc, etc?

It's a TEAM sport. The clue is there! You can be the best TEAM without having all the best players. But it requires a manager and coaches who get the most from the players they have. It requires them to get their TEAM playing in a way that gets the best out of every player, where each player knows exactly what to do in each situation, where each players knows where his teammates will and what's expected of him. That requires coaching, drills, practice....HARD WORK!

If it was just about signing players, why do we have a manager?! Just hire some scouts, a couple of coaches to put the cones out and be done with it. In a few years we'll then have a football pyramid entirely ordered on who can pay the highest wages and has the most disposable money....which, of course, would ruin football.

Also, given we don't have the budget to sign these "top top players" and it's all about who can "buy the best players", what are we paying him for?!

He beggars belief sometimes. COACH THE TEAM YOU HAVE! IMPROVE THEM! GET THEM DRILLED!

I reckon the reason we've been more effective recently is every footballer understands a basic 4-4-2, where you lump it up to "the big man up top".
Eyes down for any line across, it's the New Year presser... on 14:52 - Dec 31 with 1554 viewsNorthernr

I actually found that one quite weird today. I rarely pay any attention to what he says in these things, hence I take the mick out of them, because they're pointless.

However today, in a barely veiled attempt to make it very clear he wants several new players in January, he's said some dispiriting stuff. Essentially every team is currently where it should be, every manager is doing a brilliant job, and unless you're going to go out and spend lots of money on brilliant players there's no chance of you ever getting better and therefore no point in changing a manager, trying different systems etc etc.

I know he's pitching for new signings, but essentially he's taken tactics, coaching, youth systems, momentum, sports science, diet etc etc and tossed it all aside. Football is purely about who you can sign.
Eyes down for any line across, it's the New Year presser... on 15:04 - Dec 31 with 1517 viewsPommyhoop

Eyes down for any line across, it's the New Year presser... on 14:52 - Dec 31 by Northernr

I actually found that one quite weird today. I rarely pay any attention to what he says in these things, hence I take the mick out of them, because they're pointless.

However today, in a barely veiled attempt to make it very clear he wants several new players in January, he's said some dispiriting stuff. Essentially every team is currently where it should be, every manager is doing a brilliant job, and unless you're going to go out and spend lots of money on brilliant players there's no chance of you ever getting better and therefore no point in changing a manager, trying different systems etc etc.

I know he's pitching for new signings, but essentially he's taken tactics, coaching, youth systems, momentum, sports science, diet etc etc and tossed it all aside. Football is purely about who you can sign.

Why does that surprise you?
That IS H Redknapp !!
Always has been since he moved on from West Ham...

I know what you mean tho.There's a sort of finality in those words.Like he's said f'ck it I'm getting old now I dont care what any one thinks.I'm not even going to pretend to lie..''

Final day of the window.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2014 15:13]

Eyes down for any line across, it's the New Year presser... on 15:16 - Dec 31 with 1482 viewsPinnerPaul

Eyes down for any line across, it's the New Year presser... on 13:26 - Dec 31 by connell10

Interesting that someone actually had the nerve to say to HR "In that case should suit you v Swansea as they like to pass the ball "

HR laughed "Could do, you never know"!
Eyes down for any line across, it's the New Year presser... on 15:34 - Dec 31 with 1424 viewskensalriser

Think you're all over-analysing throwaway comments made in a throwaway presser. I never pay much attention to what football pros say to the media as there's rarely much real content behind the banalities and cliches.

And haven't Chelsea and Man City got to where they are by essentially buying the best players?

Not that I think Redknapp is doing a good job - but neither is he the anti-christ some make him out to be. Has there ever been a more unpopular QPR manager when measured against results and achievements?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Eyes down for any line across, it's the New Year presser... on 15:39 - Dec 31 with 1411 viewsQPRDave

Hi...hows it going?!!..
Eyes down for any line across, it's the New Year presser... on 15:47 - Dec 31 with 1381 viewsPommyhoop

Eyes down for any line across, it's the New Year presser... on 15:34 - Dec 31 by kensalriser

Think you're all over-analysing throwaway comments made in a throwaway presser. I never pay much attention to what football pros say to the media as there's rarely much real content behind the banalities and cliches.

And haven't Chelsea and Man City got to where they are by essentially buying the best players?

Not that I think Redknapp is doing a good job - but neither is he the anti-christ some make him out to be. Has there ever been a more unpopular QPR manager when measured against results and achievements?

''Has there ever been a more unpopular QPR manager when measured against results and achievements''

Completely disagree. He has been treated with kid gloves by both his bosses and the supporters.The support for him and the lack of booing and discontent at what I can see of the away games has left me astounded and proud.
Proud of my fellow R's who have payed through the nose and travelled to watch that sh!t.
Luckiest ,most over hyped ,over protected manager in the history of the English game.
F'cking useless!!

Eyes down for any line across, it's the New Year presser... on 16:17 - Dec 31 with 1316 viewskensalriser

Pommy, I'm talking about popularity among the fans. And he's not. You can easily gauge it on message boards, but beyond that, how many games have you been to since he was appointed? Not many, I would guess. If you had, you would have noticed the distinct rarity of the songs 'Harry, give us a wave' and 'blue and white army'.

I'd say the attitude of most fans who aren't rabidly anti (such as you) is grudging tolerance. Very few view him with affection.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Eyes down for any line across, it's the New Year presser... on 16:48 - Dec 31 with 1249 viewsPommyhoop

Eyes down for any line across, it's the New Year presser... on 16:17 - Dec 31 by kensalriser

Pommy, I'm talking about popularity among the fans. And he's not. You can easily gauge it on message boards, but beyond that, how many games have you been to since he was appointed? Not many, I would guess. If you had, you would have noticed the distinct rarity of the songs 'Harry, give us a wave' and 'blue and white army'.

I'd say the attitude of most fans who aren't rabidly anti (such as you) is grudging tolerance. Very few view him with affection.

Ouch ! always cuts me to the core when someone reminds me I don't get to many games because I now live in Australia.
First cut is the cheapest.
Why would any fan who travelled away to watch a team where the manager has more or less said he's surrendering that game (and the team play accordingly)treat him with anything near grudging tolerance.What I hear on the telly( not a stream.
the telly .a very nice 60 inch hi def plasma,and most games live or failing that the whole game watched the next day) The away support do sing a few renditions of 'H's Blue n White Army'.He doesn't deserve 'Harry ,Harry give us a wave 'Especially after what he did at Spurs.

Eyes down for any line across, it's the New Year presser... on 16:58 - Dec 31 with 1214 viewsessextaxiboy

Eyes down for any line across, it's the New Year presser... on 14:52 - Dec 31 by Northernr

As you know , not really a fan of this thread but the Queens speech line was a classic .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024