Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Old Oak Common Update 13:38 - Jan 6 with 4168 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Plans to set up a new development corporation tasked with building 24,000 new homes and creating 55,000 jobs in the Old Oak Common and Park Royal area of west London have been formally submitted to the government.

The proposals for overseeing the redevelopment of the 950 hectare site surrounding the huge HS2 and Crossrail interchange earmarked for Old Oak Common won support from London Assembly members last month.

Now Mayor of London Boris Johnson has asked communities secretary Eric Pickles to lay an order for the mayoral development corporation’s establishment before Parliament, with the expectation that it will come into effect on April 1.

The corporation would take over planning responsibilities from the local authorities currently responsible for the area in a bid to better co-ordinate development.

Two rival development teams are vying to redevelop Old Oak Common.

Last month auto-retailer Car Giant, which owns 47 hectares of land in the development corporation zone, entered into a collaboration with developer London & Regional Properties to redevelop its holding.

The move plunged football Club Queens Park Rangers’ earlier plans for a new stadium on the site and a wider regeneration scheme into jeopardy.

Johnson said the corporation would look to emulate the success of the London Legacy Development Corporation in east London, which is redeveloping the London 2012 Olympic Park.

He said: “By 2030 the sprawling industrial land at Old Oak Common could be a thriving new district teeming with tens of thousands of new homes and jobs and a rail station the size of Waterloo.

“This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform this site and there is no doubt that a Mayoral Development Corporation is the best way to unlock its enormous potential.’”

Once it is established, the development corporation will be chaired by the mayor of London or a designate.

It will have a board that include councillors from Hammersmith & Fulham, Brent, and Ealing councils, all of which currently have jurisdiction over parts of the site.
Old Oak Common Update on 13:43 - Jan 6 with 4127 viewsadhoc_qpr

Is this good, bad or neither?

Surely it's still the same situation that various parties submit their proposals, but now it's the Mayoral Development Corporation who makes the decision?
Old Oak Common Update on 13:47 - Jan 6 with 4107 viewsdanehoop

Probably good. There was a great deal of early work to get BJ on side.

Never knowingly understood

Old Oak Common Update on 13:57 - Jan 6 with 4037 viewsInglesio

Old Oak Common Update on 13:43 - Jan 6 by adhoc_qpr

Is this good, bad or neither?

Surely it's still the same situation that various parties submit their proposals, but now it's the Mayoral Development Corporation who makes the decision?

It's good. See this link which was posted a few weeks ago. Starts around the 39th minute mark. Very interesting and seems like with so much space available at the site we will eventually end up moving there:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04tc5kd/sunday-politics-london-14122014
Old Oak Common Update on 13:59 - Jan 6 with 4024 viewsconnell10

Old Oak Common Update on 13:47 - Jan 6 by danehoop

Probably good. There was a great deal of early work to get BJ on side.

Yep plenty of arrys brown envelopes for fat old Boris I would imagine 😀

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Old Oak Common Update on 14:12 - Jan 6 with 3979 viewsGloucs_R

Old Oak Common Update on 13:59 - Jan 6 by connell10

Yep plenty of arrys brown envelopes for fat old Boris I would imagine 😀

Probably best to have this post removed.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Old Oak Common Update on 14:20 - Jan 6 with 3943 viewsTheBlob

2030??
Some of us will be dust before then.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Old Oak Common Update on 14:25 - Jan 6 with 3919 viewsSuffolkHoop

So whats if/when we're relegated?
Old Oak Common Update on 14:48 - Jan 6 with 3842 viewsKerryE

'Our' proposal specifically includes a football stadium, does Car Giant/London & Regional Properties do the same?

Anyone know?
Login to get fewer ads

Old Oak Common Update on 14:52 - Jan 6 with 3825 viewsconnell10

Old Oak Common Update on 14:12 - Jan 6 by Gloucs_R

Probably best to have this post removed.

Why????

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Old Oak Common Update on 17:28 - Jan 6 with 3614 viewsderbyhoop

Old Oak Common Update on 14:48 - Jan 6 by KerryE

'Our' proposal specifically includes a football stadium, does Car Giant/London & Regional Properties do the same?

Anyone know?

Car Giant do not want a football stadium. Second hand car dealer claims football fans lower the tone.😊

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Old Oak Common Update (n/t) on 18:29 - Jan 6 with 3516 viewsted_hendrix

[Post edited 6 Jan 2015 18:29]

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Old Oak Common Update on 18:32 - Jan 6 with 3504 viewsted_hendrix

My apologies, I thought this thread was about Ye Olde Oak Ham, you know the tin of ham that's got that lovely jelly, oh bolox never mind.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Old Oak Common Update on 20:42 - Jan 6 with 3296 viewschid

Old Oak Common Update on 18:32 - Jan 6 by ted_hendrix

My apologies, I thought this thread was about Ye Olde Oak Ham, you know the tin of ham that's got that lovely jelly, oh bolox never mind.

Stay at loftus rd rebuild eLesley rd ect. Real fours about old oak now. Personally love being near Shepherd's Bush for a beer. Don't fancy drinking in harlesden
Old Oak Common Update on 13:41 - Jan 16 with 2923 viewsBillionR

Just in from Property Week:

Prologis sells Wembley shed to Cargiant

Used car dealership Cargiant has bought a Prologis shed in Wembley for £38m at a record 4.1% yield.

The H&M-let 140,000 sq ft unit is likely to be used by Car Giant to house tenants should they be displaced at Old Oak Common — where it is battling Queens Park Rangers Football Club over the redevelopment of the site.

The deal betters the 4.6% yield Legal & General paid for the forward funding of Waitrose facility at Magna Park, Milton Keynes.

DTRE advised Prologis, Cargiant was unrepresented.
Old Oak Common Update on 14:00 - Jan 16 with 2827 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Old Oak Common Update on 13:41 - Jan 16 by BillionR

Just in from Property Week:

Prologis sells Wembley shed to Cargiant

Used car dealership Cargiant has bought a Prologis shed in Wembley for £38m at a record 4.1% yield.

The H&M-let 140,000 sq ft unit is likely to be used by Car Giant to house tenants should they be displaced at Old Oak Common — where it is battling Queens Park Rangers Football Club over the redevelopment of the site.

The deal betters the 4.6% yield Legal & General paid for the forward funding of Waitrose facility at Magna Park, Milton Keynes.

DTRE advised Prologis, Cargiant was unrepresented.

Not sure how a 4.1% yield beats a 4.6% one. I suppose the lower the yield the more they paid for it perhaps?
Old Oak Common Update on 14:00 - Jan 16 with 2824 viewsGloucs_R

what tenants? Confused.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Old Oak Common Update on 14:04 - Jan 16 with 2806 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Old Oak Common Update on 14:00 - Jan 16 by Gloucs_R

what tenants? Confused.

It must be tenants of property they already own on OOC. If that existing property gets demolished they will rehouse their tenants at this new place.
Old Oak Common Update on 14:21 - Jan 16 with 2740 viewsJamie

what tenants? Confused.

Cargiant own more buildings on the site than just the ones they occupy. The tenants of those buildings would be offered relocation to this new site if CarGiant win the rights to the redevelopment.
Old Oak Common Update on 14:28 - Jan 16 with 2715 viewsBrianMcCarthy

what tenants? Confused.

Neil Tenant? And the Car Shop Boys?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Old Oak Common Update on 15:42 - Jan 28 with 2492 viewsBillionR

From Property Week - Encouraging!

Old Oak Common development body approved
28 January 2015 | By Felicity Francis

Save Eric Pickles has approved a new development corporation led by the mayor of London to oversee the regeneration of Old Oak Common.

Old Oak Common

Old Oak Common
The Old Oak and Park Royal Development Corporation is expected to come into being on 1 April once approved by parliament. It will be granted full planning powers over the 950-hectare site that straddles the boroughs of Hammersmith & Fulham, Brent and Ealing.

Plans for the site include the construction of up to 24,000 homes as well as a vast station for Crossrail 2 and HS2 by 2026.

Mayor of London Boris Johnson said: “The vast new station at Old Oak Common presents us with an almost unprecedented opportunity to transform an area the size of a small London borough into a thriving new part of the capital, with unrivalled transport links to central London, the rest of the country and beyond. London will shortly become home to more people than ever before and there is no doubt that this scheme will provide a real shot- in-the-arm as we look to provide the new homes and jobs that we desperately need.”

Deputy mayor for planning Sir Edward Lister also said that City Hall was supportive of a stadium at Old Oak Common, which is being opposed by auto-retailer Cargiant, which owns 47 acres of the land.

He told the Financial Times that he is trying to accommodate the plans of both Queen’s Park Rangers football club and Cargiant.

“We would like to see [a stadium] there but it’s a matter of trying to find a suitable place,” he said.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024