Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What happens to Queens Park Rangers if we're relegated? 14:39 - Jan 6 with 6717 viewsSuffolkHoop

Seriously,

How bad would it be financially, and what would the implications be on the management, the playing squad and on our ambitions for a new stadium and improved training ground?

What is the situation with FFP and the Football League? Will we be allowed back in the Championship without paying a huge fine?

Does TF have the means and/or desire to stick it out? His other areas of business aren't doing so well right now. Could the prospect of another season in the league below be enough for him to call it a day? In this event, who steps in to take on our assets and liabilities?

I'm not being intentionally pessimistic, I sincerely hope we stay up and think there's a good chance we will, but relegation can't be considered an unlikely occurance either. Is the club properly prepared for a potential relegation in less than five months time?
What happens to Queens Park Rangers if we're relegated? on 14:42 - Jan 6 with 4879 viewspeejaybee

Re, your last sentence.NO

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

What happens to Queens Park Rangers if we're relegated? on 14:45 - Jan 6 with 4858 viewsvblockranger

Eggs.Basket.One.
What happens to Queens Park Rangers if we're relegated? on 15:08 - Jan 6 with 4818 viewsheadhoops

Enter one fat lady singing

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

What happens to Queens Park Rangers if we're relegated? on 15:19 - Jan 6 with 4789 viewsdaveB

All depends on what the fine is but my guess is we'll appeal and will end up paying a lesser fine and lots of legal fees in the end regardless of if we go down or not. If we do go down I don't see how the club can continue spending the way we currently do
What happens to Queens Park Rangers if we're relegated? on 15:41 - Jan 6 with 4726 viewsJamie

For all the hot air on both sides with regards FFP, there is no way we will take it to court unless it's absolutely the last resort and equally there is no way the league will withhold membership unless it's a last resort.

Both parties will be at the negotiating table wth the club looking to drag it out as close to the end of the season as possible. I would guess at a mutually agreed £10m fine quietly paid circa late April with 25% contingency either way depending on which league it looks like we will be playing in.

As for on the field spending, I find it hard to believe there would be much to spend for the next manager.
What happens to Queens Park Rangers if we're relegated? on 16:01 - Jan 6 with 4675 viewsQPR1882

I think we will be fooked if we go down, We will be left with a squad on big wages and no money in the kitty and very little chance of offloading them.Any parachute payment we get will be swallowed up by the FA fine and legal fees.
What happens to Queens Park Rangers if we're relegated? on 16:20 - Jan 6 with 4614 viewsbosh67

If we do get down and we contest the fine then I reckon the FA and Football league will push us into the Blue Square.

On the bright side, it may improve our cup form as we will then be potential giant killers.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

What happens to Queens Park Rangers if we're relegated? on 17:07 - Jan 6 with 4507 viewsqprewan

I don't think that it is a coincidence that we now have limited funds available and the fact that the club itself will now know exactly what the ffp fine is; I also think the fact that even before the air disaster Tf had gone back to sort out his reportedly struggling airline may also be a worrying factor in relation to his future involvement at the club. This may not have been helped by mindless Qpr fans giving him grief. All in all I think that is fair to say that should we go down there will be a lot of uncertainty at the club. Unfortunately as other posters have noted the persistence with the ultra short termist HR has meant that we have no solid infrastructure and very few quality young players coming through or improving which would have mitigated any possible relegation.
Login to get fewer ads

What happens to Queens Park Rangers if we're relegated? on 17:11 - Jan 6 with 4490 viewsQPR_John

Wonder what the Premier League's view is on the FL not accepting a relegated team. Might just be the opening they are looking for to pull up the drawbridge and introduce a Premier League 2
What happens to Queens Park Rangers if we're relegated? on 17:16 - Jan 6 with 4464 viewsqprmeath

The limbo league has a nice ring to it
What happens to Queens Park Rangers if we're relegated? on 17:37 - Jan 6 with 4418 viewswhittocksRs

We certainly need Fernandes to back us financially over the next few years, that's for sure, after the mess with debt he's gotten us into.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2015 17:37]
What happens to Queens Park Rangers if we're relegated? on 18:58 - Jan 6 with 4301 viewsHayesender

Fernandes will be off quicker than a hot thing from hotsville, and we'll be lumbered with the mess he and his chums have created

Poll: Shamima Beghum

What happens to Queens Park Rangers if we're relegated? on 19:12 - Jan 6 with 4246 viewsJamie

What happens to Queens Park Rangers if we're relegated? on 18:58 - Jan 6 by Hayesender

Fernandes will be off quicker than a hot thing from hotsville, and we'll be lumbered with the mess he and his chums have created

And if, as at Caterham, the loans are actually from Malaysian banks, AFC QPR will be being formed imminently.
What happens to Queens Park Rangers if we're relegated? on 19:19 - Jan 6 with 4220 viewsqprewan

What happens to Queens Park Rangers if we're relegated? on 19:12 - Jan 6 by Jamie

And if, as at Caterham, the loans are actually from Malaysian banks, AFC QPR will be being formed imminently.

I do hope that you are not right there cos if so we are properly feck ed, I was going to say that if him and his airline do hit financial difficulties he may have no option but to walk away; but would imagine that he has the decency to write off the debt;
What happens to Queens Park Rangers if we're relegated? on 19:22 - Jan 6 with 4205 viewsWeaverQPR

What happens to Queens Park Rangers if we're relegated? on 19:19 - Jan 6 by qprewan

I do hope that you are not right there cos if so we are properly feck ed, I was going to say that if him and his airline do hit financial difficulties he may have no option but to walk away; but would imagine that he has the decency to write off the debt;

I just don't see this writing off the debt ever happening.

@WeavQPR

What happens to Queens Park Rangers if we're relegated? on 19:32 - Jan 6 with 4176 viewsJamie

What happens to Queens Park Rangers if we're relegated? on 19:19 - Jan 6 by qprewan

He didn't write off the 'paltry' £8m that he invested in Caterham so he certainly wont be writing anything off here.
What happens to Queens Park Rangers if we're relegated? on 19:40 - Jan 6 with 4169 viewsqprewan

It's mad innit, the club almost went to the wall before over the 10 million loan and now the club must be over 200 million in debt! TF has gone on record though as saying this is not a real debt as it has been provided internally.
What happens to Queens Park Rangers if we're relegated? on 20:00 - Jan 6 with 4128 viewsSkeppsdal

Air Asia Q22014 profits were fine, Q32014 were a meltdown although still +. The franchises in Thai etc still problematic but apparently inline with expectations. Share price fell around 9% directly after crash but had previously risen 22% during the year. (as of dec 29th)
So if relegation:-(
Fight any financial penalties to the death, then drag out a long payment plan if any appeals are lost. I would imagine that it would be a long process. No idea what the league would do but IMO reckon on some form of compromise from both sides in the end.
I think TF likes the R´s an awful lot, the Wembley feeling must have been cool for him (all of us shouting his name). Don´t think he´s the sort that would bail out (fingers feckin firmly crossed). On the plus side the other QPR shareholders aren´t short of a bob or two either.
But instead of thinking like this why not boot HR and his cronies into touch, take control and avoid relegation.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2015 20:04]
What happens to Queens Park Rangers if we're relegated? on 20:09 - Jan 6 with 4094 viewskensalriser

Fernandes is not a major shareholder in QPR.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

What happens to Queens Park Rangers if we're relegated? on 20:09 - Jan 6 with 4091 viewsJuzzie

What happens to Queens Park Rangers if we're relegated? on 17:16 - Jan 6 by qprmeath

The limbo league has a nice ring to it

It would be a league of one so we'd be Champions.

Though we'd still lose the away game.....
What happens to Queens Park Rangers if we're relegated? on 20:21 - Jan 6 with 4058 viewsSkeppsdal

What happens to Queens Park Rangers if we're relegated? on 20:09 - Jan 6 by kensalriser

I thought he (or companies in his control) owned 66%. Has that changed?
What happens to Queens Park Rangers if we're relegated? on 20:26 - Jan 6 with 4032 viewsJamie

What happens to Queens Park Rangers if we're relegated? on 20:09 - Jan 6 by kensalriser

No, but he's a partner in the Tune Group, who do hold the majority shareholding in qpr.
What happens to Queens Park Rangers if we're relegated? on 20:29 - Jan 6 with 4026 viewsSkeppsdal

Does anyone have a copy of the last annual report?
[Post edited 6 Jan 2015 20:36]
What happens to Queens Park Rangers if we're relegated? on 20:35 - Jan 6 with 4012 viewsShotKneesHoop

We'd go back to 2009, with ten times the debt.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2015 20:35]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

What happens to Queens Park Rangers if we're relegated? on 20:41 - Jan 6 with 3992 viewsWeaverQPR

I look at how prudent Amit came across in the four year plan, i just cannot see how he would be happy with the level of debt and ridiculous spending that has occurred over the last 3/4 years

@WeavQPR

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024