Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tony F 21:30 - Jan 10 with 8338 viewsconnell10

The question has to be asked now, has he done a good job at running our club? Discuss.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Tony F on 12:44 - Jan 29 with 1846 viewskropotkin41

We'd be better off and having more fun if we were Wycombe with GA managing a team on a shoestring budget. That's how bad Fernandes has been. We used to worry about a £10m debt didn't we? Hahahahahahaha. The guy's f*cked us up good and proper.

The only good thing that might come out of it is we might stay at LR and one day get safe standing.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Tony F on 12:52 - Jan 29 with 1828 viewsCamberleyR

Tony F on 12:41 - Jan 29 by daveB

I think he’s done some good , some bad and some pretty terrible things.

Most of the bad has been listed from the money spent to lack of football knowledge and no real plan or ethos to match what has been said. One of his biggest faults has always giving the fans what they want. We called for Warnock to go so he went, we called for Redknapp we got him, we called for spending in every window (singing we buy who we want at him at West Ham after Remy) and we got it. He's now making noises about development of players and a stop to spending which is again what we've asked for,

On the plus side I think he’s always backed his managers with the players or coaches they want even paid for a new pitch when asked. He has tried to communicate with the supporters. The return of fans forums plus regular meetings with the club has been good when before he came in we were completely ignored. They have also listened to concerns on issues like the family stand, away travel etc and acted upon things. Not perfect but an improvement.

They’ve gone back to only giving away fans the top tier which is what fans had moaned about for ages and allows them to get more QPR fans in the door and has meant the efforts. The communication is a lot better as well.

We actually have an academy now which we didn’t before and although we are miles behind other clubs that side of the club has at last seen some investment and interest from the top, it needs more obviously. The appointment of Ferdinand as a football person bridging the gap between manager and board was a again long over due but now it’s happened is a positive that can really help the club moving forward.

I know many are not happy about Warren Farm and although the initial very ambitious plans have now been shelved it still looks like they will deliver something which will be a massive improvement on what we had before they arrived. The stadium as well will probably be similar and be scaled down if/when it actually happens.

For me his biggest error has been that he needs a chairman at the club running things day to day, Flavio did that but employed a moron to make things worse but Fernandes should have looked around for one of the best football MD’s he could find to run the club day to day whilst he remains owner. I'd have moved to get someone like Jim Frayling back to the club. Failure to do that and have someone who not only understands football but understands QPR has been his biggest problem and lead to most of the cock ups made.

"We called for Warnock to go so he went"
"we called for Redknapp we got him"

Very sweeping generalisations there Dave. I was never one to call for Warnock to go and I certainly DIDN'T want Redknapp anywhere near QPR. I'm sure there are loads more like me.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Tony F on 12:56 - Jan 29 with 1806 viewsdaveB

Tony F on 12:52 - Jan 29 by CamberleyR

"We called for Warnock to go so he went"
"we called for Redknapp we got him"

Very sweeping generalisations there Dave. I was never one to call for Warnock to go and I certainly DIDN'T want Redknapp anywhere near QPR. I'm sure there are loads more like me.

I didn't either but plenty did
Tony F on 13:02 - Jan 29 with 1799 viewsSaycey

Fascinating thread this.

I'm not particularly prescient, but I was saying stuff like this a couple of years ago (and taking dogs abuse for it, especially on the Qprdot.org forum)

Have people felt like this for a while or is it a case of "seeing the light"?

A number of things have made me increasingly skeptical. It started with the very first season, when the promised season ticket refund turned out to be a club shop voucher. The main thing which coloured my judgement was being evicted out of the Lower Loft. All water under the bridge now. But at the time I was incensed and thought how could a chairman who alledgedly cares so much about the fans do something so shitty with no notice at all.

It troubles me greatly that you still see forum and Twitter posts declaring undying love and devotion to the Chairman. "Best we've ever had" they say. "Do you want Tango and Cash back?". "He's had his pants pulled down". You see, for me he never did anything worthy of such worship.

I said this a couple of years ago and I'll repeat it. The only ones who have had their pants pulled down in the debacle of the last 3 years are the fans.
Tony F on 13:12 - Jan 29 with 1780 viewsWeaverQPR

For me it was the fact TF said he would build this club up from the bottom, but instead did the opposite and built from the top downwards.

@WeavQPR

Tony F on 15:29 - Jan 29 with 1717 viewsranger08

Tony F on 00:33 - Jan 11 by BrixtonR

Nice bloke but an absolute clown, imbecile, and charlatan rolled into one

I'm actually glad someone created this post, it just clears up the fact that I'm not the only person who's fed up with the mis-management, lies and poor financial decision making Fernandes has made…

If you read my last post on the stadium post it will explain why…
Tony F on 16:19 - Jan 29 with 1708 viewsconnell10

Tony F on 15:29 - Jan 29 by ranger08

I'm actually glad someone created this post, it just clears up the fact that I'm not the only person who's fed up with the mis-management, lies and poor financial decision making Fernandes has made…

If you read my last post on the stadium post it will explain why…

ill admit i bought into the tf bullshite, but now im seeing the light! ever get the feeling youve been cheated? GOOD NIGHT!

Tony F on 16:51 - Jan 29 with 1680 viewsWeaverQPR

Didnt TF try to buy West Ham and Norwich before us?

@WeavQPR

Login to get fewer ads

Tony F on 16:54 - Jan 29 with 1673 viewsconnell10

Tony F on 16:51 - Jan 29 by WeaverQPR

Didnt TF try to buy West Ham and Norwich before us?

yeah and both his offers were laughed at!

Tony F on 17:11 - Jan 29 with 1658 viewsPhildo

Having pondered this one since my earlier post i think the single worst thing he did was allow Barton back to the club. After the Man City game and some of the BS spouted by JB in france surely a good chairman would have gone in the the dressing room and said - that bloke will never wear the shirt again- we have standards and will not accept it. [

Yes there was short term gain in him playing in the championship side for a year and it was costing a fortune but long term you are surely sending a message to the players that we will accept pretty much any behaviour here. He wants to be everyones mate.That is ok but you need to be respected if not liked as a leader and i think performances on the pitch reflect to a certain extent that lack of respect.
Tony F on 17:36 - Jan 29 with 1637 viewsessextaxiboy

Tony F on 16:19 - Jan 29 by connell10

ill admit i bought into the tf bullshite, but now im seeing the light! ever get the feeling youve been cheated? GOOD NIGHT!

When you say cheated do you mean intentionally misled as to his real motives or believing he was competent when he just hasnt got the experience and is learning on the job ?
Tony F on 18:14 - Jan 29 with 1616 viewsterryb

Do I still prefer him to tango & cash? Yes, but not by too much.

Do I like him? No, but then I don't activeely dislike him either.

Do I trust him? No. He is the Chairman of my club. That is a position that has never filled me with love for the occupant. Even the reveered Mr. Gregory was not to be trusted.

Do I think he could be good for the club in the long run? Well, that depends on who wins the Old Oak development contract. If he/they are sucessful I don't think we will have any financial problems. If they lose, I can't comprehend what problems we may be left with.
Tony F on 19:11 - Jan 29 with 1587 viewsjohncharles

Tony F on 18:14 - Jan 29 by terryb

Do I still prefer him to tango & cash? Yes, but not by too much.

Do I like him? No, but then I don't activeely dislike him either.

Do I trust him? No. He is the Chairman of my club. That is a position that has never filled me with love for the occupant. Even the reveered Mr. Gregory was not to be trusted.

Do I think he could be good for the club in the long run? Well, that depends on who wins the Old Oak development contract. If he/they are sucessful I don't think we will have any financial problems. If they lose, I can't comprehend what problems we may be left with.

Should they lose the Old Oak Common thing ? No chance, they'll dump us ( and Tony and his debt ) and do a deal with Car Giant.
Shock Horror ???
Don't be so naive.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2015 19:13]

Strong and stable my arse.

Tony F on 19:21 - Jan 29 with 1568 viewsconnell10

Tony F on 17:36 - Jan 29 by essextaxiboy

When you say cheated do you mean intentionally misled as to his real motives or believing he was competent when he just hasnt got the experience and is learning on the job ?

its a famous quote from john lydon when the pistols broke up in america at their last gig and yes to a certain extent i do feel cheated as i bought into all this boolox! i hope that explains everything me old fruit!

Tony F on 19:31 - Jan 29 with 1563 viewsessextaxiboy

Tony F on 19:21 - Jan 29 by connell10

its a famous quote from john lydon when the pistols broke up in america at their last gig and yes to a certain extent i do feel cheated as i bought into all this boolox! i hope that explains everything me old fruit!

Oh right ,I grew up in the punk era but it sort of passed me by .

Just interested if you saw him as false and ambivelant or genuine and struggling .?
Tony F on 20:15 - Jan 29 with 1516 viewsconnell10

Tony F on 19:31 - Jan 29 by essextaxiboy

Oh right ,I grew up in the punk era but it sort of passed me by .

Just interested if you saw him as false and ambivelant or genuine and struggling .?

I saw him as the messiah , now i think he is just a naughty boy!

Tony F on 20:30 - Jan 29 with 1504 viewsCHUBBS

The man couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery without paying double,then you'd find the beer is on its way out.
It's truly dreadful the financial and moral position he's steered our club into.
The sooner he's replaced with someone who knows wtf they're doing can 't come quick enough.
I don't even blame Redknap for what's going on,the example has been set in stone by TF.
Tony F on 23:30 - Jan 29 with 1445 viewsTheBlob

That's him sorted as slightly worse than Stalin.
So which one of you bums is going to step in and turn things around?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Tony F on 23:35 - Jan 29 with 1443 viewsW5R

Here's one for you...remember nthe "new abc" mortgage on the ground???

And we were tweeted, dont worry its all about the new stadium..its all about proving credit rating etc?

its outstanding still according ro companies house oh...and it has a brother.

but heh im sure you all knew that and arent sleep walking and masturbating every time he tweets
Tony F on 23:48 - Jan 29 with 1426 viewsthemodfather

well he buys a decent round...smiles and is media friendly
our debts and spending is never explained
our transfer record is shocking, our coaches seem inadequate and if he's happy with a disgraceful cup and prem record,well i'm not.
THE CLUB seems distant to fans now, we have no OSC and the club rarely engage with fans groups, the wall is up folks
mainstays like "akutrs" can't shift copies anymore, or not the numbers they did when we were shite and struggling, see new fans don't care about what went before, see chelsea for that.
Tony F on 00:14 - Jan 30 with 1407 viewsW5R

Whay the mofather said...about time fans woke up
Tony F on 00:44 - Jan 30 with 1395 viewsPeterHucker

a quote from Clive's recent article which I think answers your question very well.....

Fernandes took over a newly promoted Premier League team fighting to stay in the top flight, with a sub-standard training ground, an out-dated stadium, a haphazard scouting network and a poor youth set up.

Four years on he has a newly promoted Premier League team fighting to stay in the top flight, with a sub-standard training ground, an out-dated stadium, a haphazard scouting network and a poor youth set up.

More than £160m of debt has been accumulated to achieve that, which is sure to rise towards £200m when the next set of accounts is published.
Tony F on 01:00 - Jan 30 with 1385 viewsNorthernr

I'd love to know under what standard or rules - other than he portrays himself as a nice everyday bloke - anybody could possible answer yes to this.
Tony F on 11:17 - Jan 30 with 1324 viewskropotkin41

I do not recall ever feeling as negative about QPR as I do now. I keep wondering if there may actually be a final straw or if, as appears to be the case, I'm stuck with this sh*t until death (or bankruptcy and receivership) do us part.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Tony F on 11:39 - Jan 30 with 1309 viewspaulparker

Tony F on 01:00 - Jan 30 by Northernr

I'd love to know under what standard or rules - other than he portrays himself as a nice everyday bloke - anybody could possible answer yes to this.

These will be the same people who chant "tony Fernandes" at home games or share a larger & lime in the springbok on one of tones PR walkabouts

TF has been a disaster since day 1 , the writing should have been on the wall when Kia Jorchabin was bending his ear to ditch Warnock for Hughes , the same "agent" who then flogged him a load of old sh1t
we lost our soul the day we sacked NW and replaced him with a bloke who lets face it only his mother can warm to , worst still he interviewed us !!!!
could you imagine Levy , Ashley even Jim Gregory being so weak & easily persuaded
the mistakes are endless , and that's the ones we know about

no training ground , not even a mound of earth dug in 4 years
Poor signings ,
no solid scouting network
no youth team players promoted to the 1st team (even when we were in the championship)
170 million in debt !!!
endless promises that don't materialise , Remy staying, learning from mistakes , old badge coming back , etc
Appointing HR
Sticking with HR
Appointing Phil Beard
forcing a 40k stadium on us without consultation

Lets face it he is in this for Old oak common , as ive said before if he can get a 40k seater stadium and flog 25k tickets to natural fans at £25 a pop he is laughing especially being in the PL & being a stones throw from the West End , that's why we live for today and wheel & deal, its all about staying in the PL until the stadium is built,
he couldn't give a rats about the 16k hardcore Rangers support , if he did he would know we need a stadium with around 25k
I maybe in a minority of one but I hope Old oak goes t1ts up ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024