Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony for 30m 17:14 - Jan 11 with 2287 viewsAgedR

If Bony is worth 30m that Charlie must be worth 20.

This being the case, should we sell at that price?

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Bony for 30m on 17:26 - Jan 11 with 2267 viewsjohncharles

Does the manager get a percentage of transfer fees ?
If so, kiss Charlie and your arse goodbye.

Strong and stable my arse.

Bony for 30m on 17:50 - Jan 11 with 2220 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Bony for 30m on 20:43 - Jan 11 with 2132 viewsOutintheOrne

Great thread, Charlie priceless for me, think Harry would move at 25m if he thought he could spunk it all afterwards.
Bony for 30m on 20:48 - Jan 11 with 2121 viewsTacticalR

Really wish he hadn't come on in that last game for Swansea.

Air hostess clique

Bony for 30m on 21:01 - Jan 11 with 2103 viewsAntti_Heinola

Of course he's not worth that. But if you're a 'big' club with lots of money, to sign any player you must pay probably double the odds. Real have that problem, as do Man Utd, Chelsea, even PSG etc.
Once a club knows they want a player, they're going to put a stupid price tag on him because they know that eventually they will meet it - they have to, because that's what all clubs do to them.

Bare bones.

Bony for 30m on 21:04 - Jan 11 with 2096 viewsbosh67

We bought Charlie for about £4m which was an ultra bargain.

According to Transfermarkt he is only worth about £4.5m which is a bit laughable.

I would imagine his true value now is nearer £15m but I suspect if we get relegated we will sell him to a top 4 team for about £7.50 plus P&P because that is what we do.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Bony for 30m on 14:28 - Jan 12 with 1970 viewsWeaverQPR

I'd value Austin around the 177m mark.

@WeavQPR

Bony for 30m on 15:33 - Jan 12 with 1935 viewsHayesender

If Berahino is worth £20 million, Austin must be worth the same.

But this being QPR, we'll be lucky to get £6 million for him

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Login to get fewer ads

Bony for 30m on 15:44 - Jan 12 with 1913 viewspaulparker

Bony for 30m on 15:33 - Jan 12 by Hayesender

If Berahino is worth £20 million, Austin must be worth the same.

But this being QPR, we'll be lucky to get £6 million for him

Yep we probably have a clause in his contract letting him go to a mid table team
for a few cola cubes and a copy of Whizzer & Chips

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Bony for 30m on 20:28 - Jan 12 with 1844 viewsMatch82

Given the money being talked about for Berainho, Bony and Rhodes, I'd say 20m is about spot on for his "market value". Given our situation and reliance on him though, I wouldn't sell him for less than 30m right now, he's worth so much more to us (especially as we'd then immediately spend about 15m on Defoe as a replacement)
Bony for 30m on 22:51 - Jan 12 with 1813 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bony for 30m on 20:28 - Jan 12 by Match82

Given the money being talked about for Berainho, Bony and Rhodes, I'd say 20m is about spot on for his "market value". Given our situation and reliance on him though, I wouldn't sell him for less than 30m right now, he's worth so much more to us (especially as we'd then immediately spend about 15m on Defoe as a replacement)

Realistically if we were offered £10m he'd be off I'm afraid.

Bare bones.

Bony for 30m on 23:04 - Jan 12 with 1801 viewsPunteR

Bony for 30m on 22:51 - Jan 12 by Antti_Heinola

Realistically if we were offered £10m he'd be off I'm afraid.

Swansea sell Bony for £30m then buy Austin for £10m.?
[Post edited 12 Jan 2015 23:07]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Bony for 30m on 22:28 - Mar 2 with 1663 viewsTacticalR

According to the former owner of Vitesse Arnhem, Bony was the player that Chelsea wanted sold to prevent Vitesse qualifying for the Champions League.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/01/chelsea-vitesse-arnhem-roman-abr

Air hostess clique

Bony for 30m on 22:39 - Mar 2 with 1625 viewsrsonist

Doubt that's provable.

What looks more suspect is some of the fees Chelsea have been getting from Germany for their squad players. A reported £8m for Hazard's brother recently - signed for 500k, never near the first team and out of contract this summer - is blatant FFP money laundering surely.
Bony for 30m on 22:52 - Mar 2 with 1606 viewsbosh67

Yup I think £10m will prize our prized player away.

I would love Charlie to stay and one day be captain but to be fair to the lad no one would criticise him for moving to a top ten team next season. You only get one football career.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Bony for 30m on 23:06 - Mar 2 with 1591 viewseccles

I'm presuming that we are assuming we stay up? If we stay up and somebody comes in with an offer around 10m I think we'd sell. If we go down we'll be lucky to get 6m as Charlie, or his agent would be putting the pressure on for a move.
Hate to say it, but I can see another Remy situation come next transfer window. Hope we learn from last time and have a replacement ready this time.
Love to see him stay, but cant see it.
Bony for 30m on 23:34 - Mar 2 with 1571 viewsMatch82

Bony for 30m on 23:06 - Mar 2 by eccles

I'm presuming that we are assuming we stay up? If we stay up and somebody comes in with an offer around 10m I think we'd sell. If we go down we'll be lucky to get 6m as Charlie, or his agent would be putting the pressure on for a move.
Hate to say it, but I can see another Remy situation come next transfer window. Hope we learn from last time and have a replacement ready this time.
Love to see him stay, but cant see it.

Disagree, unless he kicks up a fuss, I don't think we'd sell him for 10m if we stay up.

If we go down, then I agree we'll sell, and probably get 6-10m for him.
Bony for 30m on 00:33 - Mar 3 with 1526 viewseccles

Bony for 30m on 23:34 - Mar 2 by Match82

Disagree, unless he kicks up a fuss, I don't think we'd sell him for 10m if we stay up.

If we go down, then I agree we'll sell, and probably get 6-10m for him.

He has another year on his contract. It has to be the clubs main priority as soon as we know where we are, to sort it out one way or the other.
If we stay up, we'll offer him a new improved contract, then it's up to Charlie. I just hope he doesn't drag his decision out, like Remy did, and as the deadline looms, his value gets inflated.
Go down and he's gone for sure.
Either way, the club has to plan ahead. we need a replacement if he's going, or preferably a partner to help him if he's staying.

The question of whether we should sell or not, regardless of the price, is almost irrelevant. As with all of these situations, it's down to the player. If a bigger club comes in for him in the summer, he'll go.
Bony for 30m on 12:48 - Mar 3 with 1377 viewswhittocksRs

Bony for 30m on 00:33 - Mar 3 by eccles

He has another year on his contract. It has to be the clubs main priority as soon as we know where we are, to sort it out one way or the other.
If we stay up, we'll offer him a new improved contract, then it's up to Charlie. I just hope he doesn't drag his decision out, like Remy did, and as the deadline looms, his value gets inflated.
Go down and he's gone for sure.
Either way, the club has to plan ahead. we need a replacement if he's going, or preferably a partner to help him if he's staying.

The question of whether we should sell or not, regardless of the price, is almost irrelevant. As with all of these situations, it's down to the player. If a bigger club comes in for him in the summer, he'll go.

I'd argue we need to get a striker — probably two — in that could be as effective as Austin now, regardless of whether he signs a new contract. Need to protect the future first.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024