Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch 12:25 - Jan 12 with 21466 viewsR_from_afar

I'm mainly highlighting this Redknapp whopper because I am incensed that HR has tried to give such a misleading picture, in an effort to excuse our woeful performance this season. It's a blatant attempt to try to get funds for more players and to shift the blame for our numerous shortcomings.

To quote Redknapp, "To be honest, our team hasn't changed an awful lot from last year, it's still more or less the same group".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30761349

I nearly exploded when I heard him tell this bare-faced lie but then perhaps no one has introduced him to:

Sandro
Alex McCarthy
Leroy Fer
Jordon Mutch
Steven Caulker
Rio Ferdinand
Mauricio Isla
Eduardo Vargas
Mauro Zarate

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 10:40 - Jan 13 with 3126 viewsShotKneesHoop

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 14:55 - Jan 12 by ShotKneesHoop

Hard to disagree with a single word written.

Spot on.

Could have mentioned players on the books who cost a fortune in wages, but prefer to sit on the subs bench. SWP. Much, Ferdinand, Traore etc.

Yer couldn't make it up.

How do you know when 'Arry is lying? He twitches, his mouth moves, he twitches.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2015 14:58]

Should have added that a real quarter pounder of a whopping Bagpuss lie is flagged when he starts the sentence with - "To be honest.........

1. We have the same team as we did in the championship
2. Taraabt is three stone over weight
3. Can't do any more
4. Unlucky to lose
5. Rio is a triffik signing
6. No one could do as good a job as me.
7. I've only got one striker

Add your own favourite Bagpuss porkey to this list.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 10:40 - Jan 13 with 3141 viewsNorthernr

This is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Sandro injured his knee doing a sliding goal celebration in training. Turned out to be rubbish.

"I don't read the papers" and then spends five minutes the other week justifying our performances and league position by saying he'd read at the start of the season all the experts said we'd be about where we are now, so we're meeting expectations.

"Haven't spoken to Defoe" has been proven to be bolox time and time again.

"Don't deal with the contracts, couldn't tell you how much the players here earn" except when it suited him to tell evertybody how much Bosingwa and Taarabt were earning.
The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 10:44 - Jan 13 with 3125 viewsDesertBoot

Harry forced TF to fund Rio's transfer. It's a pity the board weren't stronger as they had serious doubts. Everyone knew he was finished, crikey all summer he was setting himself up to be a pundit and probably couldn't believe his luck when another playing contract came his way.

Wish I could be like David Watts

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 11:07 - Jan 13 with 3037 viewsDiscodroids

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 10:44 - Jan 13 by DesertBoot

Harry forced TF to fund Rio's transfer. It's a pity the board weren't stronger as they had serious doubts. Everyone knew he was finished, crikey all summer he was setting himself up to be a pundit and probably couldn't believe his luck when another playing contract came his way.

yep, and how many people on here were waxing lyrical about this Stunning coup d'e tat.

there been more rewriting of history on this board than the script to matthew mconaughey's U BOAT film 'U- 571'.

as james corden would say on his we buy any car dot com advert ....'they know who they are'

Having said that i was as happy as a tory backbencher playing in mcdonalds plastic ball play pen with no pants on when we signed mutch.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 11:14 - Jan 13 with 3047 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 11:07 - Jan 13 by Discodroids

yep, and how many people on here were waxing lyrical about this Stunning coup d'e tat.

there been more rewriting of history on this board than the script to matthew mconaughey's U BOAT film 'U- 571'.

as james corden would say on his we buy any car dot com advert ....'they know who they are'

Having said that i was as happy as a tory backbencher playing in mcdonalds plastic ball play pen with no pants on when we signed mutch.

"Having said that i was as happy as a tory backbencher playing in mcdonalds plastic ball play pen with no pants on when we signed mutch."

Yet another classic to add to the long list of Disco Classics*

*Available now on long player from K-Tel.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 11:18 - Jan 13 with 3019 viewsDiscodroids

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 11:14 - Jan 13 by BrianMcCarthy

"Having said that i was as happy as a tory backbencher playing in mcdonalds plastic ball play pen with no pants on when we signed mutch."

Yet another classic to add to the long list of Disco Classics*

*Available now on long player from K-Tel.

tell you what bri..i remember me and you being the biggest opponents of this carrion signature.

even noah wouldnt have him on his ark.

rio the mark of cain.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2015 11:19]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 11:49 - Jan 13 with 3000 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 11:18 - Jan 13 by Discodroids

tell you what bri..i remember me and you being the biggest opponents of this carrion signature.

even noah wouldnt have him on his ark.

rio the mark of cain.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2015 11:19]

Rio? It was a rank signing in an mostly-encouraging summer. Rancid, maggot-infested, putrid, stinking and bubonic. A desperate and stupefying lurch into the arms and affections of a decaying old flame whose charms and pulse had long since faded into myth, and been replaced by old stories, incontinent pants and blue rinse.

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 12:19 - Jan 13 with 2951 viewspomanjou

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 11:49 - Jan 13 by BrianMcCarthy

Rio? It was a rank signing in an mostly-encouraging summer. Rancid, maggot-infested, putrid, stinking and bubonic. A desperate and stupefying lurch into the arms and affections of a decaying old flame whose charms and pulse had long since faded into myth, and been replaced by old stories, incontinent pants and blue rinse.

Brian,

Nice try but but Disco is on his own in the world of verbally inappropriate adjectivial excess. A Budgens effort in Disco's Walmart World.

And its incontinence.

Luv n peas

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Login to get fewer ads

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 12:39 - Jan 13 with 2924 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 12:19 - Jan 13 by pomanjou

Brian,

Nice try but but Disco is on his own in the world of verbally inappropriate adjectivial excess. A Budgens effort in Disco's Walmart World.

And its incontinence.

Luv n peas

You're right. I feel bad now !

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 12:44 - Jan 13 with 2902 viewsngbqpr

Well I laughed Brian (or should I say lol'd)

If disco is the Taarabt of LFW wordsmithery (what will he do next and will it excite, amuse, offend, or all three in equal measure), I'd say you're more of a Faurlin - a little more restrained, but always classy

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 12:54 - Jan 13 with 2855 viewsDiscodroids

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 12:44 - Jan 13 by ngbqpr

Well I laughed Brian (or should I say lol'd)

If disco is the Taarabt of LFW wordsmithery (what will he do next and will it excite, amuse, offend, or all three in equal measure), I'd say you're more of a Faurlin - a little more restrained, but always classy

hehehe, brilliantly put!

methinks i am the ken morely of the LFW big brother dojo.

on a good day.

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 15:11 - Jan 13 with 2788 viewsSimonJames

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 11:49 - Jan 13 by BrianMcCarthy

... ok, so he may be slightly off his game at the moment, but look how all his experience has helped to bring the rest of the defence up to scratch.

100% of people who drink water will die.

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 16:09 - Jan 13 with 2730 viewsderbyhoop

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 10:44 - Jan 13 by DesertBoot

"Everyone knew he was finished"?

There were doubts, yes. But otherwise hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 16:13 - Jan 13 with 2720 viewspaulparker

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 16:09 - Jan 13 by derbyhoop

"Everyone knew he was finished"?

There were doubts, yes. But otherwise hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Most of us questioned the signing , when he signed however he was going to be playing a sweeper role ala Beckenbauer , HR even bought in Hoddle to help play the system
now that the 3-5-2 was dismissed after 3 games its shown rio up that he cant play as a main defender in a 4-4-2 which all of us pretty much knew

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 16:26 - Jan 13 with 2692 viewsDiscodroids

if i put my phallus in a floury bap and whistle for fido, it wont be hindsight that leaves me packing less trouser than a ming dynasty monk.

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 16:39 - Jan 13 with 2686 viewsDaiHo0p

"Harry was pleased to see Adel Taarabt return in the R’s narrow 2-1 defeat at Turf Moor… "

This from the newsletter you would have recieved today.
The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 16:56 - Jan 13 with 2667 viewsqprewan

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 17:30 - Jan 12 by kropotkin41

Linked this thread and the ESPN article in tweets to Gnanlingam and Fernandes. I suggest that you all do the same.

Yes good idea mate; sorry I'm not on twitter and have to admit I don't know how to link articles; but there is another piece on qpr news now; " Harry's excuses and lack of tactical acumen.." which you may want to add. Could have been written by anyone on here. At least now Harry's faults are starting to get recognised in the wider media; I still live in faint hope that our board will eventually realise that we need a coach that will actually train and get the best out of our players and be prepared to work from the bottom up.

As Clive alluded to in his Burnley report: Dyche from day one has worked with what he has got, spent virtually no money and yet has never moaned or done anything but talk up his team. can you imagine the sort of job Harry would have done at a club like Burnley?
The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 17:09 - Jan 13 with 2635 viewsShotKneesHoop

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 16:56 - Jan 13 by qprewan

Yes good idea mate; sorry I'm not on twitter and have to admit I don't know how to link articles; but there is another piece on qpr news now; " Harry's excuses and lack of tactical acumen.." which you may want to add. Could have been written by anyone on here. At least now Harry's faults are starting to get recognised in the wider media; I still live in faint hope that our board will eventually realise that we need a coach that will actually train and get the best out of our players and be prepared to work from the bottom up.

As Clive alluded to in his Burnley report: Dyche from day one has worked with what he has got, spent virtually no money and yet has never moaned or done anything but talk up his team. can you imagine the sort of job Harry would have done at a club like Burnley?

Burnley wou'd be in an even worse position than us, because 'Arry would have bought all his spuds mates in up there and ignored the players who got them promoted.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 19:35 - Jan 13 with 2538 viewsjohncharles

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 17:09 - Jan 13 by ShotKneesHoop

Burnley wou'd be in an even worse position than us, because 'Arry would have bought all his spuds mates in up there and ignored the players who got them promoted.

And filled his pockets doing it.

Strong and stable my arse.

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 19:42 - Jan 13 with 2525 viewsHordleHoop

Insisted we needed a new pitch as this was hampering our playing style.
I'd argue that with our clever tactic of playing long up to Bobby we should've saved the money
The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 20:02 - Jan 13 with 2492 viewsShotKneesHoop

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 19:35 - Jan 13 by johncharles

And filled his pockets doing it.

And blamed the dog for eating the money.

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 20:14 - Jan 13 with 2470 viewsBasingstokeR

Famous one...
HR: "I'm no wheeler dealer (f@@k off)"

Also In this story of Billy Bonds rubbishing HR's book
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/billy-bonds-hits-back-disrespectful-24799

I was drawn to this bit... "And Redknapp's version of events, where he calls the club "a shambles" and Bonds a "man out of time" have certainly left a bitter aftertaste with Bonds." HR's words and describe what a lot of us say about him now!
The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 20:31 - Jan 13 with 2450 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

More grist for the mill...

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2015/01/13/harry-redknapps-excuses-and-lack-of-tactic
The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 21:39 - Jan 13 with 2369 viewsShotKneesHoop

I forgot this little beauty which is quoted on the link :-

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2015/01/13/harry-redknapps-excuses-and-lack-of-tactic

"We got rid of 18 players in the summer (of 2013) and a lot of them were very good players. The squad got decimated because we had to cut the wage bill so I never felt that it was a team certain to go up".

Then at the start of this season, he sells Danny Simpson our only genuine right back to Leicester. SImpson said the first he knew about it was when he was told he wasn't wanted at QPR now we have a back five, with Rio the brains of the formation.

Twitch, mouth moves, twitch, mouth moves, twitch, mouth moves, twitch, mouth moves.

Bagpuss tells more fairy stories that the Brother Grimm, Hans Christian Andersson and Roald Dahl combined. He'd probably bid for all three if there was an earner in it for him.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2015 21:40]

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 12:17 - Jan 14 with 2273 viewsR_from_afar

How did I forget? Niko's free kick v Southampton.

Harry waxed lyrical about how much Niko practises it on the training ground, only for Niko to paint a very different picture during a separate TV interview. Hmm.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024