Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch 12:25 - Jan 12 with 21464 viewsR_from_afar

I'm mainly highlighting this Redknapp whopper because I am incensed that HR has tried to give such a misleading picture, in an effort to excuse our woeful performance this season. It's a blatant attempt to try to get funds for more players and to shift the blame for our numerous shortcomings.

To quote Redknapp, "To be honest, our team hasn't changed an awful lot from last year, it's still more or less the same group".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30761349

I nearly exploded when I heard him tell this bare-faced lie but then perhaps no one has introduced him to:

Sandro
Alex McCarthy
Leroy Fer
Jordon Mutch
Steven Caulker
Rio Ferdinand
Mauricio Isla
Eduardo Vargas
Mauro Zarate

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 12:26 - Jan 14 with 3525 viewsR_from_afar

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 17:30 - Jan 12 by kropotkin41

Linked this thread and the ESPN article in tweets to Gnanlingam and Fernandes. I suggest that you all do the same.

Not sure it will help, but I tweeted Tony, Ruben, and Amit a Bitly link to this thread yesterday. You can but try...

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 13:09 - Jan 14 with 3462 viewsPommyhoop

H on how he understands there's no money and we can only get in loans..

>>>> '“We hold 18000 people what can you do. You can’t keep asking people to throw money in, they did their dough a few years ago. I understand the situation.''<<<

Ok not an outright lie. Just a little omission of the fact that a fair chunk of change was spunked in the last few transfer windows and not all 'done a few years ago''
[Post edited 14 Jan 2015 13:10]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 13:12 - Jan 14 with 3459 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 13:09 - Jan 14 by Pommyhoop

>>>> '“We hold 18000 people what can you do. You can’t keep asking people to throw money in, they did their dough a few years ago. I understand the situation.''<<<

Ok not an outright lie. Just a little omission of the fact that a fair chunk of change was spunked in the last few transfer windows and not all 'done a few years ago''

Exactly. This is the sneaky crap he come out with.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 14:42 - Jan 14 with 3402 viewsShotKneesHoop

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 13:09 - Jan 14 by Pommyhoop

So where did the money come from to shell out £50,000 last two years since he's been there?

Tone's trousers........... which is our loan to pay off when he's had enough of 'Arry.

Which is probably Monday morning.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 15:24 - Jan 14 with 3372 viewshighlandbill

Saturdays appearence of Taraabt confirmed the belief of many that he has not been played simply because Harry doest like him (for whatever reason). He could only have got this start if : 1. Rednapp is desperate. 2.Rednapp wants shoppers to see Adel. There seems an agreement that only 3 players turned up against Burnley. Green,Austin & Taraabt.. So what next? We learn that Rednapp hopes to do a swop deal in which Taraabt goes to Italy and in return we get a player 1. We have never heard of. 2. Is an unkown factor 3. And in exchange for one of our better players. Given his track record Rednapp should not be given any opportunity to add to our squad..he is a very poor judge or something worse. Why cant we have Hoddle & Ferdinand as the joint manager/Coaches to steer us away from the rocks?

At my age I should not be doing this!

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 17:51 - Jan 29 with 3201 viewsR_from_afar

Incoming:

"Jordon's a fine young player, with a big, big future. He's already shown what he can do at this level with Cardiff last season, with a decent goals return, and this move will provide him with a great platform to take his game onto the next level."

Lord Redknapp of Teflon

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 18:02 - Jan 29 with 3179 viewslave16

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 17:51 - Jan 29 by R_from_afar

Incoming:

"Jordon's a fine young player, with a big, big future. He's already shown what he can do at this level with Cardiff last season, with a decent goals return, and this move will provide him with a great platform to take his game onto the next level."

Lord Redknapp of Teflon

Loftus Road is 26 feet above sea level
Selhurst Park is 180 feet above sea level

Ninian Park is 28 feet above sea level

Therefore Jordan Mutch has taken the platform of lofus road as a spring board to rise a full 154 feet....

and waiting on the quote "It was the chairman who signed him I never wanted him..."
although we did get nearly all the money back and harry probably got a brown envelope on the way in and on the way out....

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 21:37 - Jan 29 with 3093 viewskensalriser

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 17:51 - Jan 29 by R_from_afar

Incoming:

Lord Redknapp of Teflon

How is that a lie?

It was a platform for him. Sadly he never got on it.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 23:16 - Jan 29 with 3042 viewsPunteR

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 21:37 - Jan 29 by kensalriser

How is that a lie?

It was a platform for him. Sadly he never got on it.

Platform 2 Wood Lane.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 12:25 - Apr 15 with 2860 viewsR_from_afar

Some updates from the BBC interview (on their website and on Football Focus), for completeness:

"There was talk about Tim Sherwood coming in. QPR was in the paper every day. I've been at lots of other clubs, big clubs as well where you didn't get that".
>> Really? Don't the journos cover Spurs and Wham?

"As soon as we lost a few games, it would begin. I always thought there was someone mischievous causing it. I'd never had that before at any club I'd been at".
>> Never? Do you know what that word actually means?

"There was always talk about TIm Sherwood."
>> Always? Or just when you were breaking records for away day awfulness.

Football Focus:
- The "12 players on the books 10 days before the start of the season" whopper (again...) Compare and contrast with:
http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/310714-qpr-squad-head-to-ireland-pre-season-tr
- No one gave young players more of a chance.
>> An utterly ludicrous comment when you look at his record at QPR.

RFA

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 12:30 - Apr 15 with 2839 viewsdaveB

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 12:25 - Apr 15 by R_from_afar

Some updates from the BBC interview (on their website and on Football Focus), for completeness:

"There was talk about Tim Sherwood coming in. QPR was in the paper every day. I've been at lots of other clubs, big clubs as well where you didn't get that".
>> Really? Don't the journos cover Spurs and Wham?

"As soon as we lost a few games, it would begin. I always thought there was someone mischievous causing it. I'd never had that before at any club I'd been at".
>> Never? Do you know what that word actually means?

"There was always talk about TIm Sherwood."
>> Always? Or just when you were breaking records for away day awfulness.

Football Focus:
- The "12 players on the books 10 days before the start of the season" whopper (again...) Compare and contrast with:
http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/310714-qpr-squad-head-to-ireland-pre-season-tr
- No one gave young players more of a chance.
>> An utterly ludicrous comment when you look at his record at QPR.

RFA

In fairness there was a lot of talk of Tim Sherwood and loads of speculation about his job. He's an idiot to moan about it but it's not a lie
The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 12:37 - Apr 15 with 2816 viewsR_from_afar

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 12:30 - Apr 15 by daveB

In fairness there was a lot of talk of Tim Sherwood and loads of speculation about his job. He's an idiot to moan about it but it's not a lie

Yes, there was a lot of talk of Tim Sherwood but only when our spiral towards relegation picked up speed, and there's a connection between those two things... My issue is with the use of "always". That is Redknapp exaggerating for effect.

RFA

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 12:45 - Apr 15 with 2791 viewspaulparker

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 12:30 - Apr 15 by daveB

hardly new to him Dave
When he was first at Pompey he had all the rumours of replacing jim smith with a DOF and possibly a foreign coach , i seem to recall he was eventually replaced by said foreign coach
when at West Ham after he spunked all of the Rio money on the likes of Titi Camara his job was being talked about, and low and behold he was repalced by Roeder

when he was at Spurs and didnt get champions league football his job was being discussed in ther press ,

and dont forget he even sat in the studio of MOTD answering questions on managing us when Hughes was getting stick after Southampton

its part of being a football manager , Wenger has had it for the last 10 years

the man is a walking contradiction a, thief ,aliar, a charlatan & a cancer
he is bitter he didnt get longer to pick up his easy pension money with us ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 12:54 - Apr 15 with 2779 viewsdaveB

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 12:37 - Apr 15 by R_from_afar

Yes, there was a lot of talk of Tim Sherwood but only when our spiral towards relegation picked up speed, and there's a connection between those two things... My issue is with the use of "always". That is Redknapp exaggerating for effect.

RFA

I agree he is exaggerating and he does that a lot
The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 14:53 - Apr 15 with 2656 viewsterryb

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 12:54 - Apr 15 by daveB

I agree he is exaggerating and he does that a lot

Exaggerating?

I would call it fiction (if I wanted to water it down) or a downright lie.

I think the second option is more appropriate!
The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 15:14 - Apr 15 with 2621 viewshoof_hearted

Okay. I think we can all agree he's a bit of a fibber and move on now before we start sounding like those Southampton special people.
The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 15:37 - Apr 15 with 2603 viewsdaveB

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 14:53 - Apr 15 by terryb

Exaggerating?

I would call it fiction (if I wanted to water it down) or a downright lie.

I think the second option is more appropriate!

exaggerating as there is some truth in it but making it out to be bigger issue than it actually was.

Sherwood was linked to the job from after the Spurs defeat in August although in fairness to him he never spoke about it publicly. I don't really have any sympathy with Redknapp over this as has been mentioned he was happy to link himself to the job when Hughes was in charge filmed on golf courses talking about QPR and was doing the same about West Ham on goal so sunday last weekend.

With all of Redknapps lies there is an element of truth in it but always exaggerated to paint himself in a good light, i think most old school managers are like this
The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 15:57 - Apr 15 with 2570 viewsWilloW4

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 15:37 - Apr 15 by daveB

exaggerating as there is some truth in it but making it out to be bigger issue than it actually was.

Sherwood was linked to the job from after the Spurs defeat in August although in fairness to him he never spoke about it publicly. I don't really have any sympathy with Redknapp over this as has been mentioned he was happy to link himself to the job when Hughes was in charge filmed on golf courses talking about QPR and was doing the same about West Ham on goal so sunday last weekend.

With all of Redknapps lies there is an element of truth in it but always exaggerated to paint himself in a good light, i think most old school managers are like this

You and your "in fairness"... Boring !!!! Like redknapp there's a ' huge' element of complete and utter bollox about what you say.
The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 16:16 - Apr 15 with 2549 viewsSomersetHoops

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 12:47 - Jan 12 by kensalriser

Before this 60m becomes a dyed in the wool fact, can we account for the sales too? Which gives us 40m.

Does that include the cost of those we had to pay to leave and contract termination costs?

Who's Next?

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 02:28 - Jan 12 with 1032 viewsisawqpratwcity

The Harry Redknapp QPR lie watch on 12:47 - Jan 12 by kensalriser

Before this 60m becomes a dyed in the wool fact, can we account for the sales too? Which gives us 40m.

Granted, that's a fair point, though I'm not really sure if you're not intimating that his tradings devalued to an appalling 30% loss after purchase.

Anyway, what killed us for FFP under Redknapp's management was the wages. A squad bloated with toss-pots on ridiculous money.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024