Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TF Video 13:12 - Jan 21 with 5961 viewsGloucs_R

Anyone else seen it yet?

4 mins of waffle
[Post edited 21 Jan 2015 13:16]

Poll: Are we staying up?

TF Video on 17:18 - Jan 21 with 1777 viewsGloucs_R

Dear Tone,

Can you answer the following:

When are we getting a new training ground?
When are we getting a new stadium?
When are we getting an academy?
When are we getting rid of the badge you promised to get rid of 2 years ago?
When are we getting a scouting network?
When are we getting a decent hooped kit?
Who will pay the fine when we go down?
Are plans underway to find a successor to Harry?
edit - Are plans underway to find a successor to Harry who has no links to Spurs?
[Post edited 21 Jan 2015 17:21]

TF Video on 18:11 - Jan 21 with 1707 viewsWeaverQPR

TF Video on 16:01 - Jan 21 by Maggsinho

Presumably dealing with the aftermath of 160 deaths is somewhat more time consuming than the normal day to day running of the airline.

I think the point is lets get someone in who is not dealing with this air asia tragedy. Seems Beardy bowlocks and Amit have very little to say on qpr too

@WeavQPR

TF Video on 18:17 - Jan 21 with 1698 viewsLblock

TF Video on 16:01 - Jan 21 by Maggsinho

Presumably dealing with the aftermath of 160 deaths is somewhat more time consuming than the normal day to day running of the airline.

Question.

If the tragic events with this Air Asia crash had NOT happened, do you think Tony would deserve pelters for the state that QPR is currently in and spiraling further into or would you argue he needs "some slack"?

Presumably the miserable state of our club didnt suddenly occur 29th December 2014

NB - I am in no way belittling the seriousness of the tragic events of 28th December and if it was my relatives I'd want every waking hour of every day spent by everyone involved working towards answers.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

TF Video on 18:35 - Jan 21 with 1675 viewsW5R

Truth is the Air Asia accident is horrendous. Idiots abusing TF on twitter recently are, well, idiots. The man is dealing with:

Professionally, the worse air accident in his companies history (at a time when faith in airlines in that area are at a low, obviously).

Professionally, the complete collapse and legal battles re the mis mangement and administration of his F1 team.

Professionally, the financial troubles in several Air Asia spin offs which have resulted in several Tune Group companies being un able to pay wages.

Personally, the death of 160 odd of his clients.

QPR should and probably is the last thing on his mind.

It's been quite obvious that an issue has been Beard and people at the club on a day to day basis that understand football.

Speak to any employee of QPR and Ishan was at Loftus Road daily. (Paladini was at Harlington most of the time by all acoounts). Amit was at the club at least once weekly outiside of match days.

The club needs a chairman on the ball..an aside only two of the four directors involved in QPR are actually involved in Air Asia...

And the club needs people of director positions who are actually AT the business daily. If, tomorrow, someone walks into HQ, WHO is the gaffer, who is the most senior person in the office? Truth is no one. Worse than the Flavio eranpeople are just keeping their head down and doing their own little things.

There is no Ishan upstairs in an office as such like.

Every business needs a leader. In football whether Sir Alex at Man U or Levy at Spurs, people need to know who the gaffer is.

QPR have no gaffer
[Post edited 21 Jan 2015 18:39]
TF Video on 18:39 - Jan 21 with 1669 viewsqprewan

TF Video on 17:18 - Jan 21 by Gloucs_R

Dear Tone,

edit - Are plans underway to find a successor to Harry who has no links to Spurs?

Excellent post Gloucs; I would add;
Are the current debts financed directly out of directors own pockets or are they based on loans taken out?
Also when you do appoint a new manager will you ensure that they are willing to actually coach and improve the players that we have rather than demanding to sign a new team every summer?
I am not holding my breath for any direct answers though; Although I have up to now always supported T F I am now feeling that I have been very gullible; it's all smoke and mirrors.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2015 18:46]
TF Video on 19:34 - Jan 21 with 1597 viewsJamie

Dear Tone,

To be fair it doesn't need Tone to answer those questions:

Never
When man walks on Mars
Never
Never
Never
Never
Barclays
Sherwood
No
TF Video on 19:43 - Jan 21 with 1589 viewsMaggsinho

TF Video on 18:17 - Jan 21 by Lblock

Question.

If the tragic events with this Air Asia crash had NOT happened, do you think Tony would deserve pelters for the state that QPR is currently in and spiraling further into or would you argue he needs "some slack"?

Presumably the miserable state of our club didnt suddenly occur 29th December 2014

NB - I am in no way belittling the seriousness of the tragic events of 28th December and if it was my relatives I'd want every waking hour of every day spent by everyone involved working towards answers.

Oh yes, I'm not trying to argue that Fernandes doesn't have questions to answer for what's happened under his reign, absolutely.

Just thought the tone of the post was a bit off. That's all.
TF Video on 21:26 - Jan 21 with 1517 viewsthehat

Wow some real negative posts here about TF.

Just to even the scales I think we are lucky to have him and the other shareholders I'm sure other clubs like Leeds, Birmingham, Charlton, Coventry, Sheffield Wednesday would welcome them with open arms.

Yes things are taking longer than anticipated but thats how life goes...
Login to get fewer ads

TF Video on 21:43 - Jan 21 with 1501 viewsLblock

All the clubs you mention are skint and a few have trodden a familiar path to our good selfs

What do you feel TF and his bandwagon would bring to those clubs to pull them back from financial oblivion?
What policies and structure would those clubs grab with both hands that our Board are renowned for?
Or do you think they'd just get a warm cuddly feeling from increased media exposure and Twitter traffic?

Just asking like
[Post edited 21 Jan 2015 21:44]

TF Video on 22:30 - Jan 21 with 1447 viewsMancR

Kin ell you lot are a harsh bunch. I have hated hr for ages but I'm willing to cheer on whichever poorly coached players wear our shit kits(for this year).
TF seems to me to have done everything he could to support managers to make us a better team.
I cannot see why he is treated with such vile nastiness on here.
Mistakes have been made. Suppose we ain't all perfect.
To me he has seemed a good guy from day 1 and am glad we have an owner like him.
Sorry
TF Video on 22:39 - Jan 21 with 1426 viewsLblock

"Mistakes have been.." Yep and of course we ALL make them and that is forgivable

However to continue repeating those mistakes and failing to resolve those you've made deserves criticism and questions need to be asked of policy makers

I've met TF and he's a thoroughly nice guy.
He's got a great media savvy persona and engages (sells?) people really well
I also kind of met Beard at the same time - in 25 seconds he confirmed my impression of him

Would I trust either of these men to run my old Sunday side, build me a house or look after my investment? Never in a million years

TF Video on 23:05 - Jan 21 with 1402 viewsPunteR

I'm not a fan of TF but i'll cut him some slack for now. He's obviously going through a hard time.
He's made the decision to keep Redknapp, rightly or wrongly but his waffle,quotes,soundbites, twittering or whatever will catch up with him,and he will have to start answering some questions soon especially if we get relegated.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

TF Video on 08:38 - Jan 22 with 1323 viewsderbyhoop

Dear Tone,

The video was Part 1.
Part 2 may provide the answers.

I like the bit where TF said our fans are fair, intelligent and not reactionary. He's clearly not been reading this board

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

TF Video on 08:53 - Jan 22 with 1310 viewsDiscodroids

TF Video on 08:38 - Jan 22 by derbyhoop

The video was Part 1.

I like the bit where TF said our fans are fair, intelligent and not reactionary. He's clearly not been reading this board

what a fkn pious, patronising post , if only we could tarry in the rarified air of LFW's very own acid house rod stweart , if only for a second.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2015 8:53]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

TF Video on 09:06 - Jan 22 with 1292 viewsGloucs_R

TF Video on 08:38 - Jan 22 by derbyhoop

The video was Part 1.

Ouch. I'm hurt.

TF Video on 09:08 - Jan 22 with 1289 viewsGloucs_R

Perspective and a reality check:

I believe 6 of our guests have been evacuated from the hull. This is so important to all of us at Airasia so we can return our guests to their loved ones.

Nothing more important that finding all our guests and crew to their loved ones. I really really hope weather holds out. Thank you to all involved.

TF Video on 09:32 - Jan 22 with 1262 viewspaulparker

TF Video on 09:08 - Jan 22 by Gloucs_R

Perspective and a reality check:

I believe 6 of our guests have been evacuated from the hull. This is so important to all of us at Airasia so we can return our guests to their loved ones.

Nothing more important that finding all our guests and crew to their loved ones. I really really hope weather holds out. Thank you to all involved.

No one is denying that Air Asia is a priority for Tone, in fact no one has said anything to the contrary or devalued that tragedy
but the facts remain that TF has been an absolute disaster for this club
we are 170 million in debt
we have a possible FFP fine looming
no Academy,
no new training ground complex
the youth team is pathetic
we keep buying over priced has beens (hello rio)
no scouting network
we have a scatter gun approach to buying players
we also over saw one of the worst pre seasons ever, the dog and duck has better pre seasons than us, it makes paladinis Italian trip seem like warm weather training in la manga
we are also sticking with Tony's poster boy Arry even though he has achieved 9 premier league wins since he has been at the club, only 1 of those away , we have also gone a record 10 away games without a point
we have been knocked out of every cup competition by footballing giants
MK Dons,Swindon,Burton Sheff utd
we have one of the worst defensive records in the league

yes im sure he is a lovely man is Tony , but like LBlock said you wouldn't leave him to run a bath let a lone a football club

yep Tone has the midas touch all right, everything he touches turns to sh*t

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

TF Video on 09:36 - Jan 22 with 1256 viewsdaveB

All Fernandes has done is carry on the work that had happened before him. Before he came we had no new training ground, no scouting set up, no academy, no new stadium, a haphazard approach to making signings, millions in debt, no youth team players breaking through and we made good players look bad whilst always relying on a few impact loan players every season to stop us from getting relegated, It's been the QPR way for over a decade now.
TF Video on 09:48 - Jan 22 with 1238 viewsPunteR

TF Video on 09:36 - Jan 22 by daveB

All Fernandes has done is carry on the work that had happened before him. Before he came we had no new training ground, no scouting set up, no academy, no new stadium, a haphazard approach to making signings, millions in debt, no youth team players breaking through and we made good players look bad whilst always relying on a few impact loan players every season to stop us from getting relegated, It's been the QPR way for over a decade now.

Fernandes has a team in the premier league. previous chairman's didn't have that luxury.
He's not focused on QPR though.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

TF Video on 09:52 - Jan 22 with 1234 viewspaulparker

The difference is Dave, Briatore came in and said I want a boutique club ala Monaco ,
he wanted PL & champions league football and didn't want us the riff raff getting in the way , he made that perfectly clear on a few occasions he ran the club like an ego maniac and nearly ran it into the ground, until he got lucky with Warnock
for all of that I cannot remember once him spouting off about new training complex's, academies, youth players, stadiums, like tony has done
you are absolutely 100% right when you say that all TF has done is carry on the poor work , so why does he get lauded by some then "has the best chairman ever" etc
is it because he has a nice smile ?? or that he is great on twitter?? or that he plays Fifa15
as my old nan used to say to me "bullsh1t baffles brains"
tony certainty has the bullsh1t and a lot of the fanbase believe it

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

TF Video on 09:59 - Jan 22 with 1218 viewsJamie

Eh? Only one season before Fernandes arrived we had journeymen like Derry, Kenny, Orr, Hill playing like world beaters.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2015 10:00]
TF Video on 10:00 - Jan 22 with 1216 viewsdaveB

TF Video on 09:59 - Jan 22 by Jamie

Eh? Only one season before Fernandes arrived we had journeymen like Derry, Kenny, Orr, Hill playing like world beaters.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2015 10:00]

We had a good team that year but the infrastructure was still crap, we had no young players coming in and still signed a few random foreigners who never played
TF Video on 10:02 - Jan 22 with 1210 viewsdaveB

TF Video on 09:52 - Jan 22 by paulparker

The difference is Dave, Briatore came in and said I want a boutique club ala Monaco ,
he wanted PL & champions league football and didn't want us the riff raff getting in the way , he made that perfectly clear on a few occasions he ran the club like an ego maniac and nearly ran it into the ground, until he got lucky with Warnock
for all of that I cannot remember once him spouting off about new training complex's, academies, youth players, stadiums, like tony has done
you are absolutely 100% right when you say that all TF has done is carry on the poor work , so why does he get lauded by some then "has the best chairman ever" etc
is it because he has a nice smile ?? or that he is great on twitter?? or that he plays Fifa15
as my old nan used to say to me "bullsh1t baffles brains"
tony certainty has the bullsh1t and a lot of the fanbase believe it

I agree the best chairmen stuff is a bit ridiculous but I think with Fernandes the intentions are a lot better than they were under Briatorie, hard to defend him though as very little has actually improved since he came in
TF Video on 10:11 - Jan 22 with 1192 viewsBrianMcCarthy

TF Video on 10:00 - Jan 22 by daveB

We had a good team that year but the infrastructure was still crap, we had no young players coming in and still signed a few random foreigners who never played

Crucially, we had a good manager who recruited the right men for the job - a manager that Fernandes sacked.

Fernandes' time in charge is looking worse with every passing month. At the moment, he is rightly being cut some slack due to the tragic events elsewhere, but our club deserves a chairperson who doesn't have events elsewhere, whether they be tragic or (as they were previously) routine but time-consuming, and how Fernandes hasn't publicly, completely and unreservedly handed over the reigns to a full-time chairperson is beyond comprehension.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

TF Video on 10:16 - Jan 22 with 1187 viewspaulparker

TF Video on 10:02 - Jan 22 by daveB

I agree the best chairmen stuff is a bit ridiculous but I think with Fernandes the intentions are a lot better than they were under Briatorie, hard to defend him though as very little has actually improved since he came in

your right its hard to defend him when nothing has changed, I would say things have got worse
Honest question though Dave
do you really think TF has the best intentions for QPR ?
I honestly think he is in this for old oak common , nothing else he wants to pack out a 40 k stadium with easy jet type natural supporters watching PL football in London
IMHO TF is a dreamer who thought he could turn up throw silly money around, he thought the stadium and the rest would be a formality ,
I can see this all ending in a very chris wright fashion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024