Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TF Video 13:12 - Jan 21 with 5931 viewsGloucs_R

Anyone else seen it yet?

4 mins of waffle
[Post edited 21 Jan 2015 13:16]

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

TF Video on 10:36 - Jan 22 with 995 viewsBrianMcCarthy

TF Video on 10:16 - Jan 22 by paulparker

your right its hard to defend him when nothing has changed, I would say things have got worse
Honest question though Dave
do you really think TF has the best intentions for QPR ?
I honestly think he is in this for old oak common , nothing else he wants to pack out a 40 k stadium with easy jet type natural supporters watching PL football in London
IMHO TF is a dreamer who thought he could turn up throw silly money around, he thought the stadium and the rest would be a formality ,
I can see this all ending in a very chris wright fashion

I know that question is for Dave, Paul, but it's a great question.

I have always maintained that it is the fans who are dreamers if we don't at least consider the possibility that Fernandes and Co. are in it solely for real estate, as so many owners before them were.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

TF Video on 10:36 - Jan 22 with 994 viewsSuffolkHoop

Tony, what happens if we're relegated again? Do you have a plan for this?
TF Video on 10:41 - Jan 22 with 984 viewsPinnerPaul

TF Video on 09:59 - Jan 22 by Jamie

Eh? Only one season before Fernandes arrived we had journeymen like Derry, Kenny, Orr, Hill playing like world beaters.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2015 10:00]

Championship beaters
TF Video on 10:47 - Jan 22 with 962 viewsrsonist

I may just be imagining things but to be honest from that video it seems to me that TF's attitude has hardened and he's perhaps given up a little. "It's his team" seems pointedly not a starstruck love letter to HR but something in between a challenge and squarely laying the blame early.
TF Video on 10:51 - Jan 22 with 956 viewspaulparker

TF Video on 10:36 - Jan 22 by BrianMcCarthy

I know that question is for Dave, Paul, but it's a great question.

I have always maintained that it is the fans who are dreamers if we don't at least consider the possibility that Fernandes and Co. are in it solely for real estate, as so many owners before them were.

TBH Bri the question is for everybody really ,
I know you have been quite sceptical about the whole old oak common business for a while now ,
I could be wrong but think as more time goes on the more the fanbase are starting to see through TF and his visions for the club

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

TF Video on 11:31 - Jan 22 with 929 viewsdaveB

TF Video on 10:16 - Jan 22 by paulparker

your right its hard to defend him when nothing has changed, I would say things have got worse
Honest question though Dave
do you really think TF has the best intentions for QPR ?
I honestly think he is in this for old oak common , nothing else he wants to pack out a 40 k stadium with easy jet type natural supporters watching PL football in London
IMHO TF is a dreamer who thought he could turn up throw silly money around, he thought the stadium and the rest would be a formality ,
I can see this all ending in a very chris wright fashion

I think his vision of QPR is different to what most of us have but I do think ultimately he wants a successful football team producing it's own players in a nice new stadium which wouldn't e a bad thing. I don't think he'll achieve it and agree it will probably end similar to Chris Wright but I think he gets cut more slack as for all his faults he seems to care.

The real estate is obviously important but they could have just bought that without the football club and it would have been a lot cheaper
[Post edited 22 Jan 2015 11:34]
TF Video on 11:56 - Jan 22 with 899 viewsqprewan

Some really interesting points being raised on here; I have always supported TF and his intentions but let's be honest he is now in a difficult position which he has not helped by some disastrous decision making.

If we do go down; what then? as was pointed out elsewhere; we will very likely be left with a very depleted squad and at the same time a very large fine and or a transfer embargo..so yet again after millions and millions spent we will have to start again; what then happens to his dream of a new stadium and thousands of new fans? If money is already tight what will it be like in the Championship with massively reduced revenues and no money to spend?
my guess is that TF is now a very worried man who is running out of options and is increasingly being backed into a corner. For what it's worth I still believe that he has good intentions but if the money dries up they're not going to be worth anything.
TF Video on 11:56 - Jan 22 with 897 viewspaulparker

TF Video on 11:31 - Jan 22 by daveB

I think his vision of QPR is different to what most of us have but I do think ultimately he wants a successful football team producing it's own players in a nice new stadium which wouldn't e a bad thing. I don't think he'll achieve it and agree it will probably end similar to Chris Wright but I think he gets cut more slack as for all his faults he seems to care.

The real estate is obviously important but they could have just bought that without the football club and it would have been a lot cheaper
[Post edited 22 Jan 2015 11:34]

I dunno about that Dave, what better thing to have slap bang in the west end of London in a shiny new complex, with new restaurants, offices housing etc than a PL football club with a 40k capacity, TF could flog those tickets at £20 a pop, he knows he will pack it out not with QPR fans but with tourists and neutrals,
its why we as QPR fans wont or haven't been consulted on the new stadium
if successful it will go ahead , he could sell the club on to rich Arabs for hundreds of millions
its why IMHO he tried buying West Ham as he knew the Olympic stadium deal was in the pipeline ,

you know as well as I do Dave that if it was about Football only , we would be looking at different sites for a ground , we would have a capacity of 25k, we may even have had a new training ground as well,
its not about Football though and for TF he has gambled with our club and its a gamble that doesn't look like is going to work

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

TF Video on 12:07 - Jan 22 with 887 viewswhittocksRs

TF Video on 15:52 - Jan 21 by Jamie

From a moral standpoint, of course QPR are utterly meaningless when 160 lives have been lost. Probably from a personal standpoint too, as Niki Lauda said when one of his planes crashed he took it incredibly hard and felt deep personal responsibility, so I cant imagine how hard the Tune guys must have taken it.

From a business standpoint however, the £200m of debt constitutes a large chunk of the Tune guys' personal wealth so it's far from an irrelevance. That's if you believe it's their personal money funding the club. If it's loans, it's even more important.

I have a horrible suspicion - based on what came out of Caterham's demise - the debt QPR owes to Fernandes is actually owed to Malaysian creditors and banks, who eventually will want their loans back with interest.
TF Video on 12:10 - Jan 22 with 884 viewsthame_hoops

TF Video on 11:56 - Jan 22 by paulparker

I dunno about that Dave, what better thing to have slap bang in the west end of London in a shiny new complex, with new restaurants, offices housing etc than a PL football club with a 40k capacity, TF could flog those tickets at £20 a pop, he knows he will pack it out not with QPR fans but with tourists and neutrals,
if successful it will go ahead , he could sell the club on to rich Arabs for hundreds of millions
its why IMHO he tried buying West Ham as he knew the Olympic stadium deal was in the pipeline ,

you know as well as I do Dave that if it was about Football only , we would be looking at different sites for a ground , we would have a capacity of 25k, we may even have had a new training ground as well,
its not about Football though and for TF he has gambled with our club and its a gamble that doesn't look like is going to work

Excellant post ^
TF Video on 12:24 - Jan 22 with 863 viewsadhoc_qpr

Given all that's at stake if London real estate is their primary goal, i'm very surprised they haven't rolled the dice or thrown a bit more cash at the problem.

After all, if we go down this time, we'd be left with a very thin/team squad with a new manager and hampered by a massive fine/embargo - not exactly likely to bounce back again given the tough competition in the Championship.
TF Video on 12:33 - Jan 22 with 851 viewspaulparker

TF Video on 12:24 - Jan 22 by adhoc_qpr

Given all that's at stake if London real estate is their primary goal, i'm very surprised they haven't rolled the dice or thrown a bit more cash at the problem.

After all, if we go down this time, we'd be left with a very thin/team squad with a new manager and hampered by a massive fine/embargo - not exactly likely to bounce back again given the tough competition in the Championship.

Perhaps Old Oak isn't going a head and TF is at a damage limitation stage

TF Video on 12:41 - Jan 22 with 845 viewsQPunkR

Like I've said before of our seeming 'spend high on utter shit' masterplan, I really do fear for us if Uncle Tony gets bored/runs out of money (partly from having his trousers pulled down too many times?). OK, the Mittals and other board members have a lorra cashmoney but there's been pretty much no indication they're actually interested in little old QPR.
We've spent too much and we're now at the realms of 'too big to fail'. We can't be bought by some middle of the road millionaire any more as we're totally unsustainable. This squad - even the shittest players are on an unconscionable shitload of cash.
We need to hope the current board remain interested in the long-term of QPR 'cos if Randy Lerner (gotta love that name!) is still having trouble selling traditional Villa based in large Villa Park then we may struggle for yet another sugar daddy to take over and prop us up.
We all know we're punching above our level. I don't mind what level we end up at eventually, I just hope there's a recognisable QPR there when we find it.

QPR - "shit but local"

TF Video on 13:01 - Jan 22 with 812 viewsdaveB

TF Video on 11:56 - Jan 22 by paulparker

Disagree that we won't be consulted on the stadium, we have been already and am sure we will be again, whether they listen is another thing.

I just think they could have got the land and built all this stuff without QPR, the football stadium is certainly a way in for them but they could have found a cheaper one and it looks like a football stadium is the one thing the people who own the land don't want.
TF Video on 13:06 - Jan 22 with 803 viewsJamie

TF Video on 13:01 - Jan 22 by daveB

Disagree that we won't be consulted on the stadium, we have been already and am sure we will be again, whether they listen is another thing.

I just think they could have got the land and built all this stuff without QPR, the football stadium is certainly a way in for them but they could have found a cheaper one and it looks like a football stadium is the one thing the people who own the land don't want.

You think Tune would've got the backing of the local government for OOC redevelopment without the local tie at QPR?
TF Video on 13:10 - Jan 22 with 797 viewsR_from_afar

TF Video on 21:43 - Jan 21 by Lblock

All the clubs you mention are skint and a few have trodden a familiar path to our good selfs

What do you feel TF and his bandwagon would bring to those clubs to pull them back from financial oblivion?
What policies and structure would those clubs grab with both hands that our Board are renowned for?
Or do you think they'd just get a warm cuddly feeling from increased media exposure and Twitter traffic?

Just asking like
[Post edited 21 Jan 2015 21:44]

Whilst I am growing ever more frustrated at Rangers' inability to establish itself in the Prem, bring on young players, get a larger ground and decent training facilities, I must say that clubs need investors just to survive. I am concerned by our finances too but we are reliant on outside investors because we are a million miles away from being self-sufficient.

For that reason, I am extremely grateful that TF and his merry men have chosen to invest in our little club when they had no connection with QPR and when there were umpteen other clubs they could've gone to. That should not be forgotten.

That does not mean I am satisfied with the job Tony is doing, by the way. I really feel he needs to delegate most of the responsibility for running QPR to someone who understands football and who is empowered to make decisions.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

TF Video on 14:29 - Jan 28 with 716 viewsjohncharles

TF Video on 10:36 - Jan 22 by SuffolkHoop

Tony, what happens if we're relegated again? Do you have a plan for this?

This is the question we all want answered and the question you always sidestep.

Strong and stable my arse.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024