Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Uncle Tony Interview Part 3... 09:47 - Jan 26 with 4828 viewsFDC

"People who talk about youth players and development without referring explicitly to everyday life, without understanding what is subversive about love and what is positive in the refusal of constraints, such people have a corpse in their mouth"
Raoul Vaneigem

[Post edited 26 Jan 2015 9:48]
Uncle Tony Interview Part 3... on 10:31 - Jan 26 with 3621 viewsconnell10

I can't listen to Tony without thinking the words "yeah right!". I've lost faith in him I'm afraid 😨

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Uncle Tony Interview Part 3... on 11:11 - Jan 26 with 3561 viewsdavman

Dodging the money / debt question as ever.

"We are still here". Yes, you are, but the club is now nigh on £200m in debt, so wtf are you doing about it?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Uncle Tony Interview Part 3... on 12:18 - Jan 26 with 3473 viewsconnell10

Uncle Tony Interview Part 3... on 11:11 - Jan 26 by davman

Dodging the money / debt question as ever.

"We are still here". Yes, you are, but the club is now nigh on £200m in debt, so wtf are you doing about it?

Correct mate, we are surely focked if we go down aren't we? Over to you Tony.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Uncle Tony Interview Part 3... on 12:33 - Jan 26 with 3436 viewssimmo

At the end of all of this recent direct addressing of issues, Tony has to accept that anything he says will be met with scepticism and negativity, until he ACTUALLY backs up what he says with something tangible. We've heard all this shite before, it's one of the reasons people were so angry at the relatively minor news about Laurent going. Everybody had their expectations raised that we were actually going to become a club with a great infrastructure and proper set up, one that despite issues on the pitch will be in a great situation for the future, even when Fernandes is gone. But it was all bollocks.

Nobody is under any illusions that Tony is the ultimate PR man, a lot of spin to keep the masses happy. He has consistently underwhelemed with his actions after generally telling fans exactly what they want to hear. Once something happens that we can physically point to as a clear example of change - be it a proper training ground, clear route for youth players to consistently get a chance above loans and old pros, a system/identity and way of playing that runs right through the club - then we can start to believe these type of interviews are more than just platitudes to keep us from turning on him while he uses QPR to promote Air Asia.

Sir Les being appointed and given some actual power is a good start, but it's nowhere near enough to change perceptions.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Uncle Tony Interview Part 3... on 12:41 - Jan 26 with 3403 viewsjoolsyp

Respect FDC - the first (and probably the last) time I've seen RV quoted on this forum ...
Uncle Tony Interview Part 3... on 13:03 - Jan 26 with 3339 viewsbosh67

Fair enough. Not a lot else we can ask him to say.

My only issue is that despite his great experience, Harry is the senior manager in this league and for me it really has shown. I am not agest, the guy is 68 in a month. That is not old in itself but it is for a manager at this level and realistically the club can't put a 5 year plan to revolutionise the culture in place with someone who is approaching 70 at the helm. It just won't work.

We need a team at the helm in their 40s in my view, who have the energy, modern thinking and drive to take the club and the product on the pitch, which is essential, forward before anything else.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Uncle Tony Interview Part 3... on 13:11 - Jan 26 with 3297 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Uncle Tony Interview Part 3... on 12:41 - Jan 26 by joolsyp

Respect FDC - the first (and probably the last) time I've seen RV quoted on this forum ...

Hopefully the last if that is anything to go by!!
Uncle Tony Interview Part 3... on 13:40 - Jan 26 with 3237 viewsdaveB

He's saying all the right things and I hope he follows through on them but to be talking about developing players etc is great but to do that whilst trying to sell Mutch Phillips and Fer because they are not the final product seems an odd thing to do
Login to get fewer ads

Uncle Tony Interview Part 3... on 15:11 - Jan 26 with 3134 viewshoopdog

Uncle Tony Interview Part 3... on 13:40 - Jan 26 by daveB

He's saying all the right things and I hope he follows through on them but to be talking about developing players etc is great but to do that whilst trying to sell Mutch Phillips and Fer because they are not the final product seems an odd thing to do

We don't know they are trying to sell Mutch Just hearsay , but if they cant cut it then the premier league is no place for them , but saying that I believe Mutch will come good but if he has to go to raise funds for someone else then so be it , All we really know about Phillips case is they wanted him out on loan and that could have only have been a good positive thing seeing as he has completely lost his way at the moment
Uncle Tony Interview Part 3... on 16:16 - Jan 26 with 3068 viewsNorthernr

Uncle Tony Interview Part 3... on 15:11 - Jan 26 by hoopdog

We don't know they are trying to sell Mutch Just hearsay , but if they cant cut it then the premier league is no place for them , but saying that I believe Mutch will come good but if he has to go to raise funds for someone else then so be it , All we really know about Phillips case is they wanted him out on loan and that could have only have been a good positive thing seeing as he has completely lost his way at the moment

Mutch, Phillips, Hoilett and Fer have all "cut it" in the Premier League just fine at other clubs. Not even brilliant, successful clubs either, clubs of similar size to us. And yet here they're dog toffee.
Uncle Tony Interview Part 3... on 16:36 - Jan 26 with 3029 viewspaulparker

Uncle Tony Interview Part 3... on 16:16 - Jan 26 by Northernr

Mutch, Phillips, Hoilett and Fer have all "cut it" in the Premier League just fine at other clubs. Not even brilliant, successful clubs either, clubs of similar size to us. And yet here they're dog toffee.

Mutch hasn't been played in the correct position and hasn't looked fit since he got here , its down to confidence and Coaching IMHO,

Fer is a hot and cold type player, he was at Norwich, again he is being shunted to the wing when he should be used like tim cahill was for Everton , another round peg in a square hole

Hoillett, was Blackburns best player when they went down, when we signed him I thought it was a great piece of business,
another player who isn't a winger but is better in a 4-3-3 attacking role

Phillips see hoilett , could still be a good player, but lacks guidance, confidence and again any sort of coaching

it all comes down to how we coach, what formations we use ,how we handle our players , and fitness training , that's all the responsibility of HR and chums,
if HR had his way he would bomb that lot out for M'Vila , Lennon, Mcmamnaman , & Defoe , that's all HR knows , he couldn't teach Mutch or Phillips anything,
for all the talk of a developing club we are a million miles from that, we are more of a "revolving door club" and always will until we get a proper manger in

as I said on another thread , Deli Ali is going to Newcastle for 4 Million, we should have been all over that , we don't we lumber on with Barton & Henry and spunk our money on a crock , I bet you any money HR & TF have never heard of the kid, call mike Ashley what you want but at least he has a plan and a business model which is more than you can say for calamity Fernandes

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Uncle Tony Interview Part 3... on 17:17 - Jan 26 with 3005 viewshoopdog

Would you let Mutch go if it raised funds to to say buy Rudi Gestedes yes or no ?
Do you think a loan for Phillips would be a good thing ?
That's the point I was making I'm sure Mutch is still a good player just due to injurie he's 10 weeks or so behind others I still think Phillips can come good but in his present form he'd be better off on loan in the championship and that in turn would make room to bring in someone else cos if he stays at the moment he's not worth a place in the 25 and that wont do him or the club any good
Uncle Tony Interview Part 3... on 17:23 - Jan 26 with 2989 viewsMarc

That is debatable.

All were relegated.
Uncle Tony Interview Part 3... on 17:25 - Jan 26 with 2982 viewsadhoc_qpr

Uncle Tony Interview Part 3... on 17:17 - Jan 26 by hoopdog

Would you let Mutch go if it raised funds to to say buy Rudi Gestedes yes or no ?
Do you think a loan for Phillips would be a good thing ?
That's the point I was making I'm sure Mutch is still a good player just due to injurie he's 10 weeks or so behind others I still think Phillips can come good but in his present form he'd be better off on loan in the championship and that in turn would make room to bring in someone else cos if he stays at the moment he's not worth a place in the 25 and that wont do him or the club any good

I can't think of any player who has gone off on loan to the Championship and then come back into the first team - why would Phillips be any different?

I would sacrifice Mutch for Gestedes, but we would be taking a gamble on Sandro actually being fit to play occasionally or leaving us critically short of numbers in the middle of the park.
Uncle Tony Interview Part 3... on 17:41 - Jan 26 with 2958 viewshoopdog

Uncle Tony Interview Part 3... on 17:25 - Jan 26 by adhoc_qpr

I can't think of any player who has gone off on loan to the Championship and then come back into the first team - why would Phillips be any different?

I would sacrifice Mutch for Gestedes, but we would be taking a gamble on Sandro actually being fit to play occasionally or leaving us critically short of numbers in the middle of the park.

We all seem to be of the opinion that Phillips does have a player in him and is totally lacking confidence therefor I couldn't see a premier club signing him on loan but I could see a chance of him finding some sort of form with game time in the championship for the rest of the season then have a look at him in the summer
I think we will see a different player in Mutch after JB has gone in the summer if he stays that is , I was only using RG hypotheticaly
Uncle Tony Interview Part 3... on 18:32 - Jan 26 with 2890 viewsBasingstokeR

Uncle Tony Interview Part 3... on 17:25 - Jan 26 by adhoc_qpr

When you use the word 'sacrifice' I can't help but imagine Harry putting Jordon Mutch in a giant wooden Wicker Man in the vague hope the transfer window gods will be good to him.

Uncle Tony Interview Part 3... on 18:48 - Jan 26 with 2873 viewsNorthernr

Uncle Tony Interview Part 3... on 17:23 - Jan 26 by Marc

That is debatable.

All were relegated.

But they all looked good, better than good in Mutch's case, and Blackburn were relegated after Hoilett left. They don't look good in our potentially relegated team - why is that?
Uncle Tony Interview Part 3... on 19:15 - Jan 26 with 2819 viewsMarc

Uncle Tony Interview Part 3... on 18:48 - Jan 26 by Northernr

But they all looked good, better than good in Mutch's case, and Blackburn were relegated after Hoilett left. They don't look good in our potentially relegated team - why is that?

Was Mutch really better than good? Are we going off his goals/assists youtube video?

I thought Hoilett was with Blackburn the season they went down, and we picked him up in the summer?
Uncle Tony Interview Part 3... on 19:16 - Jan 26 with 2819 viewsMarc

Uncle Tony Interview Part 3... on 18:48 - Jan 26 by Northernr

Was Mutch really better than good? Are we going off his goals/assists youtube video and assuming he offered a lot more than what we see in it?

I thought Hoilett was with Blackburn the season they went down, and we picked him up in the summer?
Uncle Tony Interview Part 3... on 19:18 - Jan 26 with 2813 viewsNorthernr

Uncle Tony Interview Part 3... on 19:16 - Jan 26 by Marc

Was Mutch really better than good? Are we going off his goals/assists youtube video and assuming he offered a lot more than what we see in it?

Ah yes I think you're right about Hoilett.

I saw a lot of Cardiff last season, covered them for the Telegraph a few times, Mutch looked really good, exactly the sort of player we should have been signing.

This stretches to Mark Hughes as well - how come he took Blackburn, Man City, Fulham and Stoke to the top half but bombed with us?

People have got to wake up here.
Uncle Tony Interview Part 3... on 20:34 - Jan 26 with 2725 viewsLblock

How about we do some drastic like having experienced football men running the club on a day to day basis?

I'm not talking about the stoneage coaches I'm talking about a couple of fellas with over-arching responsability and QPR is their sole job.
Not some fella who cut his teeth on the Millenium Dome, drove the Olympic Stadium forward or wannabe exec's from the airline world. People with football vision who can listen to some chancer asking for a £1.5mill wages spend sign off on a contract for some 38 year old CB who was surplus to requirements in a relatively speaking struggling club in the Prem last year; and then tell that chancer in footballing terms that no, that is not the ethos we want.
People big up Sir Les and rightly so but I dont think his remit stretches that far....yet

Pains me to say it but look at Bentford. They are run top down by a close knit off the field team which Warburton fronts with a cracking team such as David Weir and familiar names such as Simon Royce and Lee Carsley.... none of them wrong side of 60!!!
Mathew Benham has put key people into positions they excel in and oversees his money quite well; ably assisted by a Chief Exec who has been in the business for a good while at various levels... Mark Devlin.. a QPR man through and through plus Frank McParland (not Ant's Dad) who has a good rep in the game.
Mark my words - Bentford will overtake us soon enough. They are only 5 places below us. How long has this well run club been in the making? I'd say 4 or 5 years and with minimal huge cash injections -- only 5 years ago they were sort of owned by the Beesotted Fan Group with Benham underwriting operating costs of £1.20million a year.... that's £50k less than #5 Rio Ferdypayday annual salary folks.
Read it and weep.

Anyway we're too far down the Bungle Brothers road to have that change dramatically. The money has run out and agents, players and till dippers have run off with the lot.
The current owners have a headache - they created a PR monster and it could end up biting them on the butt now..... an internationally known Premier club going bust dont look good on your watch. One relegated with loads of soundbites and then a big FFP fine subsequently going bust gives you a bit more PR wriggle room... is relegation such a disaster for the PR masters? "We put our hearts and souls into it, the Football League came along and unfairly broke the club with a punitive £50mill fine... not a lot we could do... it'll always be in our hearts....wish the new owners well and hope they get re-elected to the League as soon as possible"
#TrustUs
[Post edited 26 Jan 2015 20:37]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Uncle Tony Interview Part 3... on 20:41 - Jan 26 with 2718 viewskensalriser

I was talking earlier in the season about how many relegated players we have in our squad. Look at the players who featured in our last game - only Vargas, Isla and Austin haven't been relegated and that's because this is their first season in the PL. Krancjar might be the only exception.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Uncle Tony Interview Part 3... on 20:46 - Jan 26 with 2708 viewsdaveB

Isn't Ferdinand coming in the football person running the day to day stuff now?
Uncle Tony Interview Part 3... on 20:48 - Jan 26 with 2703 viewskropotkin41

It seems pretty likely that Brentford will surpass us. There we are, they deserve it.

The only way out of this mess may be to fall flat on our faces. It'll hurt, but much like a fever drives out illness or kills you trying, maybe it'll get rid of what ails QPR.

Really, since Warnock got us promoted what have we had? A fabulous Wembley result and one or two other games of note across 4 seasons of what has been mostly disheartening dross and the creation of a monster debt.

I reckon most of us would be happier following a team at whatever level playing competitive football with heart and a purpose and having a long term plan and ambition.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Uncle Tony Interview Part 3... on 01:25 - Jan 27 with 2563 viewsbarabajagal

Uncle Tony Interview Part 3... on 12:41 - Jan 26 by joolsyp

Bloody situationists!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024